Episode 7x25 "Seeing Red" - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 16, 2009.

1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree with you, H-COOL. Even though, like with Rodriguez this season, most knew that Caruso was not leaving the show, "Is Horatio dead?" was still asked repeatedly and people honestly thought Horatio might not be in season 7.

Because I knew there was no chance Horatio was not coming back, I was anxious to find out about the text message to Ryan! That text message caught me completely off-guard and I loved it! :)

Again, I agree. I just feel that with very, very few exceptions, season 7 was extremely E/C centric. I was one who was very excited about "Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing", and then was very upset to see that opening sequence where we were forced to again see E/C if we wanted to see what was happening to Ryan. It just didn't seem right. Not only did it interfer with Ryan's storyline, it unnecessarily increased the hostility of a lot of fans toward E/C.

I did too. It was really nice, wasn't it? My problem is that increasingly I'm finding less enjoyment watching the episodes I love because I know what is coming in the future. I had the same problem with The X-Files, a show I truly loved. The DVDs right now set collecting dust because the utter destruction of the characters in the closing seasons has taken all the joy out of the entire show for me. I one day hope to be able to enjoy those early episodes again. :(

Edit: As an example, I so used to enjoy watching Horatio and Calleigh work together. To me they made an amazing team - work/friendship. Now that they barely talk to each other, and when they do it is so very cold and impersonal, it's very hard for me to enjoy the relationship they used to have knowing the relationship evolves into this horrible, distant, icy relationship they have now.

That would be so cool! I know Caruso and Fishburne worked together in "King of New York" and Caruso and Helgenberger have wonderful chemistry together. Fishburne has stated that he would be open to it. I do have to say I really enjoy watching Caruso and Sinise work together and I've been dying to see another Miami/NY cross-over. Maybe all three? I've seen that suggestion may times before. It'd be a huge undertaking.

Edit: I think we also have to remember that, for some reason, William Peterson seems to have a real aversion to CSI having anything to do with the spinoffs - and he is still an Executive Producer for CSI, with some say in the matter, I would think. ;)

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

It's been a couple of days since I have been able to get at a computer, and while I don't want to open up old wounds, I wanted to put in my two cents if I could.

It is no secret that I am a HUGE Ryan Wolfe fan, but you can count me in the "some of them" who don't need the whole episode (well, maybe a couple anyway) about him or EC to break up to be happy. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy every milli-second Ryan is on screen, but all I ask is for the TPTB to balance out the best that they can the screen time for a four CSIs and to give time to Frank (I exclude H from this since, IMHO, this is DC's show). With the exception of Natalia's time (which still puzzles me, so it makes me wonder if it isn't ELR's decision), IMO, TPTB were doing not a bad job by the end of the season.

While I didn't really have a big issue with the season finale, I thought that way, way too much was given away in the promos. I agree with you Florry, a cliffhanger should be surprising and unexpected; really make you sit up in your chair. A little less in the promos would have made a bigger surprise.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with Delynn. One reason I love this forum and choice to join it was how respectful everyone was of other's opinions. I have never been afraid to post because even though I didn't agree with someone's opinion or someone hasn't agreed with mine, never once has my opinion been sneered out or made to feel less important, so it bothers me when people are upset by a discussion or opinion.

Thanks for this freedom!!:thumbsup:

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Thanks for the agreement, MiamiWolfe! While I haven't been lucky enough that my opinion hasn't been made to feel less important here (on the site as a whole - not necessarily this thread), on a rare occasion or two, I agree that the moderators do an over-the-top amazing job trying to keep what are sometimes very emotional issues in check.

I think it is opinions being dismissed and disrespected that causes emotional responses. So I think it's very important that we acknowledge that there is always another perspective and respect it, though we may not always agree with it.

I know it's something I need to work on! ;)

4. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Kristin's review was very interesting to read.

Key points that made sense was Yelina's role in this particular episode was a little out of character in comparison to earlier seasons. I liked that Yelina was considered a tough woman role model. She was sitting up there with Calleigh and Megan was even enjoyable to watch. I think ever since she was sent off at the end of season 3 to Brazil, it did change her a lot, having to deal with the reappearance of her dead husband.

On the other hand, Calleigh did and exceptional job in this episode. She stood her ground and made her point to Eric, although it didn't stop him from going against her wishes.

After reading Kristin's review, I've also come to believe that Tara is really gone. I too wonder who will take her place :confused: If Khandi does come back, I'll jump for joy!

I'm still confused as to what happened to Eric...is anyone else hoping we skip a couple of summer months for CSIM to come back on? Not realistic, but the thoughts ran though my mind...

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I think that you hit the nail on the head Delynn;:) when someone feels as if their opinions are being dismissed and disrepected, they become emotional and causes them to go on the attack (I am sorry that your opinion was made to feel less important:()
    One thing I try to do when posting is to:
    realize while Ryan is my favorite character, he isn't necessarily EVERYONE'S favorite character and everyone wants plenty of screen time and respect for their particular favorite. I have to admit, there isn't a CSI Miami character I don't like or find a positive thing to say about: H's protectivness, Calleigh's cheerfulliness, Eric's determination, Natalia's loyalty and Frank's toughness. The only character I had a problem with this is Tara, but that is because I so miss Alexx. Every character has his or her drawback. Heck, there is plenty of time I want to shake Ryan and say "What are you thinking"?!!:scream: IMO, that is a a credit to the actors and writers for creating characters that cause so much passion and discussion:thumbsup:

6. electra

electra Pathologist

Kristine review was very good IMO.I also find Yelina weak but IMO the writers make her look that way so Horatio can save her.It's a shame becouse she was an awesome chracter.

Calleigh is more assertive,even when she was kidnapped she was the one to clue the team about where she was.

7. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Found this spoiler on one of the CSI:Miami sites for Season 8, Ep.1

I don't know if this is an accurate spoiler, but if this is true, Eric was taken and Sharova may or may not have been able to help Eric. They could be holding Eric in order for Sharova to cooperate if they need him to continue committing crimes for them. Also Calleigh finding disturbing news doesn't sit right with me. I keep wondering what this new will be :confused: and since when do they have a love/hate relationship??

8. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Where you find it? Which site? :confused:

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I question this spoiler for two reasons:

[spoiler="Spoiler Season 8, Episode 1" - ?????] 1. When have we seen evidence of the relationship between Eric and his father progressing to the point where it would support the contention that holding Eric would force cooperation from his father for anything?

2. Whether you are an E/C shipper or not, I think all would agree that the word "hate" could never be used to define Eric and Calleigh's relationship - in any form that it existed, past or present. I am the poster child for non-shipper, and I've always felt Eric and Calleigh loved each other. I don't think a brother and sister could love each other more. My issue is with TPTB corrupting that love to force a contrived romance.[/spoiler]

10. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

[spoiler="Spoiler Season 8, Episode 1" - ?????]I'm non-EC shipper and i agree with you, they never hate each other. I don't see any big true love (i always saw them as brother and sister, this romance was shock for me), but never hate[/spoiler]

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree with you completely, Delynn. I don't think these are accurate spoilers.

I honestly don't believe that Eric was kidnapped by the Mafia. At least I hope not cause I'm so sick of the Mafia storyline.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yeah I totally agree w/ you all especially on your second question Delynn
    [spoiler="Spoiler Season 8, Episode 1" - ?]I'm 100% that both E/C fans & non E/C fans have never had the slightest idea that these 2 people could hate eachothers. I mean I just can't picutre Calleigh hating Delko & viceversa. Not to mention that it has never happened so I really don't see where this "hate" comes from.
    While I can see that probably whoever wrote the article was referring to the arguments our couple had, I really don't see how it will become truth. I mean Delko may have betrayed her (yeah just a little bit :p) to help his father. Still it could have been b/c he wanted to help her or, even better, we don't know why he's helping his father. So while he betrayed her, I just can't see how she can hate also b/c, for god's sake, she just cried all convienced she had shot him. [/spoiler]

13. JonasLuver028

JonasLuver028 Civilian

oh geez. honestly.
    i am an e/c shipper but i don't even think it matters anymore!!!
    i might be mistaken but im pretty sure that most everybody here wants the same thing...
    some closure to the e/c relationship please??
    whether it be a solid relationship or breaking up on their part, i don't care!!! hahahaha :)
    we need to move on with our lives here, writers!
    hahahah jk :lol: but it would be nicee