Episode 7x18 - 'Flight Risk' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 13, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh, I have to add that scene with Horatio telling Kyle how to spot the blood or whatever, that felt a little like "bring your kid to work day". :lol:

Oddly enough, I actually kind of like the scene with Kyle being the one to push the body in the drawer.

I agree Wasabi, about Ryan's scene with the kid and the mom. I liked the way he said "oh yeah?" when the kid told him something he got to do on the plane. Too cute. :)

Ginna, I have to say about Jenna being the killer, I knew it would be her cause it's almost always the most recognizable actor/actress who is the one who did the crime. That's why I liked that one episode of CSI (even though it was all over the place with the back and forth) where John Schneider's character turned out not to be the killer. :lol: That was refreshing for a change. :lol:

2. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Really loved the Horatio/Kyle scene-he's trying to show Kyle the ropes from all angles and I think it's great..also to show what daddy does for a living and how serious it all is...Loved Kyle processing the body washing the hair, putting her in the drawer..I didn't think the ending was bad-like showing how callous the 2 were to kill this 21 yr old girl who had so much life in her-like she was rather innocent just trying to do her job and have fun but got caught in so much more...I"m liking how they can use Kyle's character w/o the whole episode revolving around him getting into trouble..good call on the cig burn he probably saw alot of that at juvi but also in foster care, kids recently removed fr abusive homes might have such marks...nice reference to his past in juvie but I like him working morgue like here's the consequences to action/bad choices in life..I think he'll learn alot from it all...loved the one liners/quips from like everyone-A+ to the writers for having enough funny/sarcasm to go around for the team...really loved the episode all in all...happy now that I got a Kyle/H fix..

3. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

I thought it was cool how Kyle was rinsing off the body. It looked so professional. When Kyle was pushing the body into the drawer...my sister said, "Its like he is looking into the depths of my soul." Because it looked like he looked right at the camera. Funny.

I didnt like how Suzanne was going to tell on Jenna because of the pills when Suzanne was sitting there drinking bottles of alcohol and sleeping with the pilot. More like hypocrite to me. But, it is what it is.

When Ryan and Natalia where looking at the romp room or whatever it was called, I thought it was so hilarious because Ryan said, "I know a couple of people who would like this kind of room at the lab." or something similar. Natalia instantly thought of Calleigh and Eric and was like NO WAY!! Ryan had has his suspisions and Natalia was like. "La La." Trying to get the image out of her head. SO FUNNY!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  4. anamarya

anamarya Witness

don't get me wrong i don't like double standards either but between drinking (even on the job) and trafficking illegal substances across the Atlantic is a big gap. breaking work ethic and breaking international law are in two different leagues.

again, don;t get me wrong... is just my opinion

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm probably not going to have much to say because the plot actually confused me -- the drug trafficking and the cargo hold and all that. I wasn't paying close enough attention as it was.

But some highlights for me were:

Ryan, Delko and Calleigh standing in the same room together! Teamwork is a godsend on this show. Now if they could just get Horatio and Natalia in on the action, I would be blown away.

Ryan and Natalia were in a fair bit of the episode, which was a nice change. :) And their gossiping in the 'mile high room' (forget what it was actually called) was hilarious.

Natalia: "la la la la la!"

:lol:

Horatio working with Kyle = awww. It's kind of cute, he's learning and H finally has something to keep himself busy with so he doesn't go blowing away gang members and arch enemies. :D

Overall, it was a good solid episode though some of the technology involved and the plot confused me but again, I wasn't exactly paying attention. (People kept interrupting, someone was blowing a whistle and one of the parents were eating really loudly. :lol:)

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I can't believe I forgot to mention... I really liked the way Ryan handled the mother and child. He didn't seem stiff and awkward, which is what I'd expect from him, when he was talking to the kid. He actually seemed very comfortable and friendly, like he hung around with Billy long enough to figure out what he's doing. More character insight, I approve!

Plus the "sky cop" comment... Tripp rocks my world sometimes!

And yeah, as Hollyyo put it:

Alright, NOW I think I'm done commenting on this episode. Maybe. Perhaps. :D

7. electra

electra Pathologist

Pretty decent episode overall.Case was OK but I just feel that the writers are giving us what we have been asking for .Ryan is getting more screentime and he looks more mature .Horatio is working more at the lab and the Kyle storyline humanizes him.We are also getting more team moments and finally , E/C relationship ,while been portrayed enough to satisfy shippers,doesn't take over the show.Case was OK but nothing extraordinary so at the end all those things make a difference from last season compared to this one.

Have to say that Natalia was quite cool for someone that actually dated Delko.She had the same reaction in season 5.But I guess they were not too serious.Ryan was amused by it too.And I bet super H knows it even before they knew.If there is a problem with E/C ,most likely would come from outside the team.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  8. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

i enjoyed the epi.... I agree w/everyone about seeing them work as a team.. I didn't really get why Eric daydreaming was shown in the storyline. I like E/C together i just didn't get it, I did like the coffee scene. I thought it was interesting how Nat had the one liners instead of the usually H.

9. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

your right anamarya...it is a BIG gap. Drinking on the job is bad but drug trafficing is WORSE.

I didnt like how it all ended up though. Total let down. Sometimes I wonder why these writers make the episodes the way they are. I still like it though :D

One other thing I liked is Horatio in a lab coat. That is a rare occasion and it is awesome when it happens. :)

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh please, just tell me I didn't see that dream :lol:. Oh god!!! He's a CSI daydreaming while investigatin on a murder? What if he had been alone in that moment & had missed an important evidence?
    No wonder why I'll always say he can't go on working :shifty:
    But I loved the idea of Calleigh drinking :lol:
    Not to mentin him dreaming himself with the same ugly shirt :guffaw:(please!!! At least change your clothes on your dream LOL)

Gotta love Kyle while washing that body & trying to learn something new from an autopsy.

Gotta love H with a labcoat!

Natalia & Ryan!!!!:guffaw:
    "yeah right, we can convert Firearms!" LOL
    At least I know I'm not the only one who doesn't approve them! :)
    "La La La" was hilarious!!!

When Calleigh gave Delko his coffe, the first thing I read on the paper he was examining was "you sleep" LOL
    Anyway I love how she solved his problem right in one second :lol:
    Come on!!! I can't go on watching this CSI Delko :shifty:

Why am I always left shocked because of the technology in the lab? What was that thing in the lab with Calleigh, Ryan & Delko??? :guffaw: It reminded me one of those "Bones" monitors they use to reconstruct faces.
    YAY for a scne with 3 people all together and working!

The ending is the same as any "Cold Case" episode. I thought I was going to see Lilly by the end of it LOL

Awwwww Kyle having the same role Alexx used to have at the end of almost every episode :adore:

Ok this episode was just weird!!! :cardie:

11. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

My thoughts...

Great episode. I enjoyed how they focused on the rest of the team rather than on Calleigh and Eric. (and I am a hiphugger fan) The scene with Ryan and Natalia in the "fun room" was cute. Ryan is such a little gossip! I especially liked how after Natalia asked "Who?", he just looked at her with this "take a wild guess" kind of look! So funny!

The part with Kyle in the lab was also good. It seems like Kyle is very interesed in what he is doing and seems to care for the people who have died. How he was washing the deceased girl's hair reminded me of the care Alex took. Maybe this will turn Kyle's life around. (as long as Dr. Price doesn't screw it up by getting him blamed for stealing that medication)

Eric's daydream was a bit cheesy, but he really reminds me of a high school boy in love at this point. I don't think Eric has been in love like this before so it is okay for him to have some daydreams!!;)

12. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Just a few things I noticed...

I was glad to see Eric, Calleigh, and Ryan together in one scene but...why no Natalia? I just don't understand why she is always left out. It's almost as if TPTB feel like the team is 3 members, not four.

The "Sky cop" line reminded me why I adore Frank. More Frank, more Frank, more Frank!

Horatio still seems pretty distant to me, even when working with Kyle. The Father/Son crimefighting was cute, but Horatio seemed downright cold to me. He was literally standing with his back to Kyle. That poor kid.

Loved Kyle in the lab. It's kind of cool because the audience is sort of learning alongside Kyle.

Okay, did anyone think it was weird/amazing that Natalia climbed up that ladder in heels?! Dang, I can barely walk across a room in heels. Why don't those CSI's ever put on sneakers or at least flats? Sheesh.

Oh, and Natalia "La-la-la-la" line made me just want more of her. Eva LaRue is an amazing actress! Give her more screentime!

When Ryan first said "I know two people who could use this room" I thought he was talking about him and Natalia. :lol: My sick mind.

Overall, I'd give it a B. Pretty good, but not fabulous. Can't wait until next week.

13. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

He never actually said "I hate gossip" (not that I can recall), nor has he repeatedly scolded others for gossiping (again, not that I can recall). He once told Cooper "hey, get back to work, I've got a suspect on ice" and also wasn't too fond of people spreading the word about his eye injury (since he perceived pervasive knowledge of said injury as a threat to his continued employment), but that seems to've been the extent of his "dislike" for gossip.

Also, by the by, it doesn't seem dreadfully abnormal for coworkers who've been toiling away at the job with one another for years to speculate about each other at least once or twice.

Natalia may not have wanted to hear about it right then, but she has broached the subject with none other than Eric himself. Recall the infamous "Calleigh kissed Eric on the cheek" episode? Sometime after which, Eric was confronted by Natalia about the incident. She didn't seem particularly loathe to chit-chat about the subject back then.

But most of all... the Ryan/Natalia gossip scene was comic relief. Usually that kind of stuff is either entirely in character (if the character was designed to BE comic relief) or entirely out of character (in humorous contrast to their typical behavior). So... yeah, he isn't one to partake in idle conversation about his fellow CSI's, but again, it's not totally abnormal for any working person to chat about their coworkers at least once or twice over the years.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I totally agree! I think it was just meant to be a lighthearted scene with the two of them to break the manotony of work. He did flat out ask Cal in the begininng of ep 714 if something was up between her and Eric so him joking with Nat about them was not out of the oridinary. They are co-workers and CSI's, they are going to notice subtle changes in their behavior. Don't tell me you never gossip about your cop-workers. TPTB, IMO just showed us that the characters are indeed human and have lives.

And Natalia's reaction of "lalalal" was in response to him saying he had no proof. She seemed totally interested in the gossip until she realized he had to proof but a "feeling" about it.

I am personally getting a little tired of the bashing of the characters and the writers lately. And I am sorry but that is exactly what this is...if you don't like E/C, fine that is your perogative and I respect that but don't bash TPTB and claim b/c the characters are discussing the lives of their co-workers, which is not out of the oridinary, that they are ooc or being manipulated....and if you feel that way in relation to E/C and how it affects the show or the other characters....keep it in the dislike thread.

15. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

:guffaw:Delkolover you beat me to it. I was just about to say that bashing had become the new rule on the CSI Miami forum. And this is a very sad thing IMO. I just hope we won't have double standards next.

Well personally I didn't like this episode. I thought most of the guest stars were very average in their acting and many scenes way too cliché. I might be a HH but I didn't like the daydream scene, it was too much and not necessary. They decided to go with it, okay why not. Who am I to judge?
    I'm not sure about Kyle at the morgue. A kid with problems shouldn't be confronted with that kind of things on a daily or even weekly basis. H could have found him an administrative job and still get the message through.

The chit-chat between Ryan and Natalia was kinda funny. Was it out of character? I'm not sure. Is it really important? I doubt it.