Episode 7x18 - 'Flight Risk' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I completely agree with this. It has never been farfetched to me to think of Ryan as one who wants to know a little more. Telling Cooper basically to hurry up because he has a suspect to take care of and not wanting HIS eye injury to get talked about is very different to having noticed something between his co-workers and wanting to have a little fun with the info. Also I don't see Cooper and Ryan as being as close as Natalia and Ryan. There are some things you talk about with some people that you definitely do not talk about with others. Plus I always see Ryan as a comic relief, which is desperately needed in this show, and I took it as it was: a light moment to make us laugh a little. Also I do want to know the extend of the team's knowledge on the EC relationship. I think it is especially relevant if further down the road Stetler comes along with his fraternization rule and he wants to include the whole team like when he did with the Eric's rolling papers. He might include them, he might not, but I still would like to know were the team stands on their knowledge when and if he comes around.

seems that i always end up agreeing with you all over the board.... or that you "beat me to the punch" in saying some stuff.... Cooper was there, o co-worker, but Natalia IS part of the team and a friend to him and the 2 persons involved in the discussion... is totally another situation.

but then again, that's just my POV

anamarya
seems that i always end up agreeing with you all over the board.... or that you "beat me to the punch" in saying some stuff.... Cooper was there, o co-worker, but Natalia IS part of the team and a friend to him and the 2 persons involved in the discussion... is totally another situation.

but then again, that's just my POV

That's ok :lol:. Great minds think alike :cool: :lol:. Just kidding :p But I'm glad we agree ;). It is a totally different situation.

hiphugger17 said:
Plus I always see Ryan as a comic relief, which is desperately needed in this show, and I took it as it was: a light moment to make us laugh a little.
Natalia's reaction (lalala :lol:) was funny, i admit that, but what Ryan said wasn't funny to me, pure gossip about co-woker. And i think if he wasn't sure about their relationships, he shouldn't say that. I already wrote why. Whole season 4 they show us that Ryan don't like gossips (about him, about H, about lab) with Cooper or not, he show that he don't like it. Ok, i saw it that way, you think different. I just wrote my opinion about this, you shouldn't agree with me, and i shouldn't agree with you :)

PS i'm the only one who thinks that it was not in Ryan character? :confused:

Natalia's reaction (lalala :lol:) was funny, i admit that, but what Ryan said wasn't funny to me, pure gossip about co-woker. And i think if he wasn't sure about their relationships, he shouldn't say that. I already wrote why. Whole season 4 they show us that Ryan don't like gossips (about him, about H, about lab) with Cooper or not, he show that he don't like it. Ok, i saw it that way, you think different. I just wrote my opinion about this, you shouldn't agree with me, and i shouldn't agree with you :)

No, you're not the only one Orla. I agree that it seemed very out of character for him. I also agree that what he said wasn't funny. The look he gave Natalia when she asked "who" was kind of funny, but what he said just made me groan cause it was so out of character for him.

Last edited:
No, you're not the only one Orla. I agree that it seemed very out of character for him. I also agree that what he said wasn't funny. The look he gave Natalia when she asked "who" was kind of funny, but what he said just made me groan cause it was out of character for him.
I like whow he look on Nat "you know what i mean", but still i don't see this scene like comic relief, just another one advert for ec romance. :( There so many ways to show this romance, but they always choose wrong one :shifty: IMO

hiphugger17 said:
Plus I always see Ryan as a comic relief, which is desperately needed in this show, and I took it as it was: a light moment to make us laugh a little.

Well, like you said, this is were we agree to disagree ;). I laughed at Ryan's expression when he was saying it and I laughed at Natalia's expression and "lalalala". Some people found them both funny, some did not. Some think it was in character for Ryan to make the comment, some think he was not in character. For those who did find it funny we got a scene of comic relief and enjoyed it ;).

hiphugger17 said:

Orla, I agree with you that it was out of character for Ryan, I think he was getting a bit annoyed that it seemed like Calleigh and Eric were getting the easy parts of the assignment, at least that is what it seemed like to me. But I will not complain about the Ryan screen time, that was well over due.

Moving on, it is very true that Ryan does not like gossip, which is quite different from venting about a situation or person who has struck a nerve. I think Ryan was venting to Natalia and therefore it seemed like gossip, but was really just letting out frustrations with someone who would understand where he is coming from.

Did anyone see Eric's cute little smirk after he said "...have a smoke, have sex..." to Calleigh when they were investigating the bathroom? Too funny! He looked like a little kid. I don't think Ryan mentioned his feelings about Calleigh and Eric because he was annoyed. I think that he is simply gossiping. Back in Smoke Get's in your CSI's he was tring to dig up gossip from Calleigh herself! He didn't do it in a rude way, just inquisitive. People who work together, especially for a long time, tend to gossip. It happens all the time at my work! ;)I think it will be nice that Ryan is getting a good storyline. I hope they do the same with Natalia because I think that Eva is a great actress!

You know...I told you guys that part with Eric and Calleigh in the plane was weird when I saw it in the promo!! And guess what? In the episode is was even MORE weird!!

I second that Hollyyo, I'm a shipper but I just didn't get it. I thought it was oddly placed in the epi and purely strange.

Oh, I didn't think it was weird! And honestly, I'd tell y'all if I got an "ew" or uncomfortable feeling about it. I wasn't particularly dazzled by it, but it didn't make me cringe either. Maybe I'm more lax than most other folks here, but I don't consider a 10 second daydream to be an awful thing to do at work or an awful thing to film for a show, even a crime show.

But... if it rubbed you the wrong way, who am I to tell you that you shouldn't feel that way? Cuz I won't tell you that. We're each entitled to our reactions.

I will say that I hope this was the only occurrence. It was cute, sure, but I don't need to see any more fantasy sequences. I'll be more than happy with stolen glances and affectionate gestures (like the coffee thing).

You know...I told you guys that part with Eric and Calleigh in the plane was weird when I saw it in the promo!! And guess what? In the episode is was even MORE weird!!

I am a shipper and while I didn't think it was weird...I did totally think it was out of place. It was a cute moment but totally not needed there and then ya know what I mean?

I wasn't like "damn that was a really dumb scene." I was more like "wow, that is cute but the what the hell is it doing there?" :lol:

I think maybe it would have fit more if they were already in first class and discussing how nice it was etc and then it fades out to the day dream....but even then I think that would have seemed out of place...meh, it is over and done with can't change but you can still wonder "why?" :lol:

Oh, I didn't think it was weird! And honestly, I'd tell y'all if I got an "ew" or uncomfortable feeling about it. I wasn't particularly dazzled by it, but it didn't make me cringe either. Maybe I'm more lax than most other folks here, but I don't consider a 10 second daydream to be an awful thing to do at work or an awful thing to film for a show, even a crime show.

But... if it rubbed you the wrong way, who am I to tell you that you shouldn't feel that way? Cuz I won't tell you that. We're each entitled to our reactions.

I will say that I hope this was the only occurrence. It was cute, sure, but I don't need to see any more fantasy sequences. I'll be more than happy with stolen glances and affectionate gestures (like the coffee thing).
I guess you're right, that would be better for the show and for people who watch it.

I am a shipper and while I didn't think it was weird...I did totally think it was out of place. It was a cute moment but totally not needed there and then ya know what I mean?

I wasn't like "damn that was a really dumb scene." I was more like "wow, that is cute but the what the hell is it doing there?" :lol:

I think maybe it would have fit more if they were already in first class and discussing how nice it was etc and then it fades out to the day dream....but even then I think that would have seemed out of place...meh, it is over and done with can't change but you can still wonder "why?" :lol:
I don't think it was weird either, out of place probably. Though I like it I agree it doesn't fit to the show like this, it's about crimes after all.

I agree with Hollyyo and delkolover, because I too think it was weird but at the same time lovely. I have the same feeling about the coffee scene.

Is it just my imagination or is the new computer guy the same actor who played the dude who bit his victims when they where passed out on the beach?? He had 2 fake teeth he took out every time he bit them. Anyone remember that from Season 1??

Back