Episode 7x12 - 'Head Case' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

:guffaw:

I think Ryan was purple, actually... speaking of which, his outfit looked quite okay, IMO. His hair was a bit weird, though.

A few other remarks:

- I couldn't figure out the amnesia-guy. I went from "ooh I fell sorry to him" to "he's lying he's lying!" and back again. And over and over. I thought the last (?) scene he had with Calleigh was quite touching, saying he would do his time if he actually killed those people, but he preferred not to remember.

- Horatio in the lab! It looks weird, really. But this was really CSI-H, not superhero-H so his score for this epi goes up:)

- I like it when they don't have a B-plotline if they A-line is interesting enough. Gives the episode some time to breathe.

- Delko PLEAZE! She can't be more obvious, she really just can't. She says "tell me" and he says... nothing.:wtf:

- Overall wardrobe was pretty okay in this one.

2. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

This was an interesting epi, IMO. The amnesia-guy confused me a bit, I must say. I mostly felt sorry for him, but that smirk was weird...
    I liked the case, it was interesting, it got my attention. Horatio wasn't that ridiculous as usual, and I liked that. It was great that there was no one-liner at the beginning.
    About Eric and Ryan... It wasn't something I expected... I think I can't be objective, because Eric is my second-favorite character (right after Calleigh) and Ryan annoys me lately. It's just something about Ryan that I don't like. And it's not always like that. Sometimes he's hilarious. I just think I preferred him when he was new and when he looked confused all the time. There was something cute about it. Of course, he's much more confidant right now and that's okay, because he's been working as a CSI for a while. Anyway, there was something about him in this scene with Eric that annoyed me a bit and I must admit that it has nothing to do with who was right.
    About Calleigh and Eric... I think everybody knows that I'm an EC shipper, I mean it's not hard to figure that out, right? Anyway, I can't be objective here either, and I don't want to start a ship discussion, so I won't say anything except that I'm glad writers addressed something that was in one of the previous episodes. So, kudos for continuity.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That scene annoyed me too.Ryan can't state what he thought without Eric getting pissed off because he doesn't agree? Ryan can't remain the same as he was in season 3,he does have more experience.He couldn't continue to walk around in a state of confusion several seasons later.Eric has changed from the time he started,and it should be expected that other characters will too.Perhaps anyone looking at that scene would be biased toward whichever character they preferred.I felt with Eric that his emotions should not have been the basis of his decision ,while Ryan having very little evidence jumped the gun to quickly.Eric wasn't torn a new one because of his opinion.Even having a difference of opinion it could have been handled better.Perhaps I'm just tired of the stupid tension between the characters.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  4. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

Oeh btw, does anyone pay attention to decor and props and so? The murdered family had that very pretty Wassily-chair by Breuer in their living room. I haven't noticed much design classics in CSI Miami, but I don't know if I just wasn't paying attention to it, or if this was just a one shot. However since loads of appartments in the city are Art Deco, I think design classics really belong there. They would make my heart race even faster while I'm watching the show :)

5. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Ok am I the only one that didn't like this episode? I was bored about 5 minutes into it and found myself distracted through the whole thing.

6. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I loved the episode.
    I don't think that Ryan was jumping to conclusions guilty all that fast. They all do that at some point, he just thought the guy was gyulty, that's all. H, Calleigh, Eric, Alex, and Natalia have all jumped to conclutions and have later to find that they were completely of. They are all human.
    I think that Eric was being touchy. He often is, because Ryan was trying to beat him years ago when Ryan was new, and Eric is also touchy about his memory loss and frustration with doing his job after his injury.