Episode 7x12 - 'Head Case' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 9, 2009.

1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Well I remember him from L&O CI and L&O SVU....he's been on both those shows quite a few times over the years. He was also in "Mystic River" and "The Black Donnelly's" (show only had 14 eps before it was canned)

2. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

He reminds me of T.R.Knight, the guy in Grey's Anatony!:lol:

3. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Baha everyone on CSI was in Mystic River :) Ok, just three (counting Fishburne), but you never know, Sean Penn and Kevin Bacon just might do a few episodes! :)

Just kidding. Can't really see that happening.

4. timewaster

timewaster Civilian

Hey, they are testing every bit of his clothing, skin, and hair yet when he gets into the prison scrubs, he's wearing his own boxers. WTF? :confused:

5. SkittlezPony

SkittlezPony Victim

OMG I squeeled and fell out of my chair during both scenes with Calleigh and Eric. Finally the writers are picking that back up again. The looks and smiles Eric gave her were just too sweet and priceless. I like how Calleigh handled the situation it was very Calleigh like and I camnt wait to see what happens next with them and hopefully we wont have to wait a couple months cause thats what seems to happen everytime we're given the slightest hope of them getting together.

Moving on I really liked the entire episode and it had me guessing the entire time cause I really felt the guy with no memory was innocent but couldnt figure out who did it.
    On other notes: Glad to see Valera back even for a little bit in the epi. Didnt find Horatio as annoying as I usually do so that was a bonus :)

DAYUMMMMMMMM I must say Eric looked real FINE in that leather jacket he had me drooling. :devil: (this was after watching 24 and staring at Carlos Bernard who plays Tony for 2 luxurious hours) :guffaw:

6. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Okay, I don't get it. If he really didn't commit the murders willingly, why did he smirk as he left the interrogation room? And why did he tell the other inmates he killed them with such...pride? That confused me.

The promo for next week was a little disappointing. I'll have to watch it again soon. There were a few shots of Ryan, though. Looked like he was either punching someone or being punched.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
  7. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

You're not the only one. I thought the characterization was a bit uneven. The only explanation for his behavior in the holding cell was that he was worried about becoming someone's... well you know what I mean. ;)

I almost fell over when Horatio did some actual lab work! I was so proud of him. Now I have hope that our hero will return and replace that robotic killer who has been haunting the lab the last few years.

8. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I saw that smirk too.
    I think the only reason he said he killed them was because he wanted to look tough to the other guys in the holding cell.

What an amazing episode. Frank was funny, H was... well... H. Eric and Calleigh - wow!:bolian: I thought it was funny how Natalia looked like she was about to laugh when she was being antsy waiting for the trace guy to process that soil sample.

Excellent episode. I want to watch it again!

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I am more excited for next week now that I've seen the promo, but I guess I have to discuss that in the other thread.

First off, what was with Ryan's first sentence? I could hardly understand what he said because he said it so fast! :lol: I actually found him annoying in the first few scenes! :eek:

I hope I don't get bombarded with squees of "Valera and Ryan had a scene omgzz." No offense to any RaVe shippers, I just don't see it.

I was sort of half right half wrong about the guy with amnesia. He did kill the family (well, the father), but then he was forced so y'know.

The Eric and Calleigh scenes. I can't believe it. The promos weren't deceiving! I was mad at Frank though when he interrupted them on the street. Argh! And Eric'd better tell Calleigh soon...

At the beginning when Frank was yelling at the guy because he couldn't remember. That annoyed me so much. I mean Frank is awesome but that is one thing that bugs me about him. He's not patient at all, and just starts to yell. I knew Horatio was going to butt in all calm and say "Frank..." :lol:

Screen time was great (well coulda been more Natalia but we can't always get what we want) and the story was awesome too. I really liked this episode. :D

10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I for sure thought he had done it after that little smirk.

Frank is hilarious but I could have kicked him when he disrupted Calleigh & Eric's moment.

H back in the lab is always cool.

Eric & Calleigh in the opening montage made for a very happy shipper :thumbsup:

Eric was looking gorgeous as usual and even Ryan didn't look too bad.

Now on to my favorites, Eric and Calleigh. DAMNIT! TELL HER! :scream:

Oh yeah, I forgot, No Dr. Whatshername near Eric.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah that is a little silly but it's television afterall, and they were showing him undressing the rest of himself so they probably couldn't show it all. :p

By the way, welcome to TalkCSI, timewaster! :)

The episode was good, though I wouldn't deem it excellent or epic. It kind of reminded me of 'Slaughterhouse' for the first 17 minutes but the amnesia part and how the murders took place were differentiated pretty well and saved this one from being another nonsensical recycled storyline.

-Calleigh and Eric--love their interaction period. I kind of get the feeling we won't know Eric's answer to Calleigh's question/concerns for a while. This show seems to like to drag things out, no matter what the outcome is. And I find it a little hard to believe that even after reading his file and seeing what he wrote "it would be nice if it were Calleigh", that she didn't know her friendship meant a lot to him. :wtf:

-Tripp finding the bra. :lol:

-Ryan's hair. :lol: Not sure why, but when I first saw him at the beginning, his hair cracked me up.

I would have expected Doug to get at the very least, manslaughter. It would seem to make more sense to me that way instead of second-degree murder if it was coerced at gunpoint. I just hope we don't get a 'Toby' type situation (season 3) and Doug ends up doing whatever he can in prison to survive, including more murder. :/ I was really rooting for the guy, he seemed genuine to me. (even though he wanted to seem all tough to the other lockup guys. :lol: I would have done the same, honestly. Even though it's not a good idea.)

My sister was hoping Doug was actually a serial killer who would forget all of his crimes. :lol: Even though that would have been interesting, I much liked the way they set this one up.

The trace guy is cool, I hope he sticks around. I wonder what else he has up his sleeve from the UK. :)

Horatio/Calleigh interaction was a plus as well as Horatio doing some lab work.

The ending kind of fizzled a bit for me however, when we found out the black guy (sorry, his name escapes me at the moment :eek:) killed them because of usual greed and then confessed to the crime, telling the CSIs that his ingenious plan to coerce Doug would have never got him caught. Er, then don't confess, you dolt. :p Besides the fact they found you and your conveniently placed fingerprint from the conveniently broken latex glove. *ho hum*

Anyhow, it was all right but nothing fantastical for me.

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

]I didn't get the smirk either.I think he told the inmate he killed the family to look tough.
    The promo for next week was just too fast.I think Ryan was punched and he also punched someone.I like that Ryan was shown in the promo because he rarely is,even if it was too fast to see muchThe promo for next week was just too fast.I think Ryan was punched and he also punched someone.I like that Ryan was shown in the promo because he rarely is,even if it was too fast to see much
    His hair looked like "police detective" hair,but he still looked good to me.

13. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Yeah, once he had the smirk I was like, YES! I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! HE LIES!!!

But then...no. It made no sense for him to smirk like that.....Maybe it'll come back up later in the season or something, but I doubt that.

Ryan and Eric will never be friends. Every time they show you something all nice (steamer sundays...?) a few episodes later they realize how much they hate each other. I sided with Ryan though, not because he's my favorite character, but because I was completely convinced the guy was lying.

Eric and Calleigh....I really didn't know what to think about their scenes. Once I started to squee it turned awkward. I understand where she's coming from though. I told my friend via text that if he's too embarrassed to say it out loud, then what chance do they have for an adult relationship? I don't think Eric is used to girls with class haha

Did anyone else notice, or does it seem like that Ryan guy was a regular cast member in this episode?!

Valera=smiles=yay=woot

Was it me or did the murder seem extra graphic this episode? And were they trying to scare us with the happy birthday tape playing? What in the world?!?! They never said anything about it, it was so off the wall.

H in the lab. haha.

New lab guy isn't quite as confusing as when we first saw him. He said that he "moved here six months ago" and said something about the UK.

halfway through I was like, crap! No Ryan! But then I saw the smack down and looked closely and realized it was him. Now I must see the promo. Whoever recorded the episode or something should upload it. Now. lol....
    I wonder if Ryan will get hurt! Probably not, he kinda punched a guy through a window haha

That's all I gots. I should get off now. I have work in the morning. Poot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
  14. SkittlezPony

SkittlezPony Victim

Just watched the episode for a second time (love having CTV and CBS play it at seperate times on the same night).
    I found the amnesiac guy more creepy the second time around since I was paying better attention cause I put my schoolbooks away and fully focused on the show.
    I rewatched the Calleigh and Eric Scenes and still squeeled like a kid in a candy shop. Yeah Im bad I know I need to get a life.
    *Keeps fingers crossed that Eric gets his act together soon and we see them together this season*

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I completely loved this episode! :)

The opening sequence was refreshing with Cal and Eric in it and no Horatio one liner. The case really had me guessing from beginning to end and I didn't know whether to believe the guy or not. So that was really good.

Frank with the bra was just :lol:

H working was refreshing also. It's always good to see him with the lab coat.

Can Eric please wear that jacket again?

Oohh the guy with the accent is back yay! I think he should stick around.

Loved all the Eric and Calleigh scenes. I can't believe the promo was right :eek:. I'm glad the cat is out of the bag and that they finally said something about what's going on. I also thought them mentioning the file again was great. So he knew all along, huh? I liked that she didn't try to hide the fact that she did read it. So I'm a happy shipper tonight.

Overall great episode! A+ from me :thumbsup: