Episode 7x12 - 'Head Case' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 9, 2009.

1. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

It's already on YT

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It's already removed.

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Edit.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  4. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

You couldn't have said it better about this eppy, from Tripp and the bra, to Ryan's hair, to Eric/Calleigh scenes, and the show overall. I really don't understand the character of Doug, he goes from lost, to smirk, back to innocent, to boasting, to "Am I really going to jail?"....confusing, wish they could have written that a little better. And the guilty need to stop confessing at the end without a lawyer for each crime!

I always raise an eyebrow each time H actually does lab work! And when H and Cal have an actual scene together because it's become so rare

Wish they give Valera more screen time though and more interaction with the team, not just one character. I like what she brings to the team!

5. ZER0 C00L

ZER0 C00L Guest

Hi, I'm new here, but I'm going to jump right in.

Was I supposed to be happy or upset about the way the whole Eric/Calleigh dynamic went haywire in this episode?

I mean, there he was, pouring his heart out and she was playing coy ("I didn't know you felt that way"... bullhonky, she did so). All of a sudden *BLAM*, he drops a bomb: "How could you not know, you read my file". I think I experienced a mini mind-explosion at that point: "THEY'RE GONNA TALK ABOUT IT, OMIGOD OMIGOD". Then, of course, she deflected and they managed to gaze bashfully into each others eyes for something like 4 whole seconds before the inevitable moment-ruiner clomped in.

So... I'm good with wistful eye-gazing. What I don't understand is the next E/C scene. They got SO close to actually laying all the cards on the table and then...... and then what happened? He got scared? He got confused? He got gas? WHAT WAS THAT?? She was practically inviting him to tell her the whole truth, to confess his undying, pent-up, angst-riddled love. He couldn't hope for a better set up than that, so why the hesitation?

She said she needed to hear him actually say the words, asking him if he knows what she means. At that point I was already in front of the TV, hands clasped firmly over my mouth, eyes bulging out in shock. When he stood there, fidgeting and silent, I couldn't help it. I spoke to the TV. "Say it... SAY IT! Eric, you can do it, open your mouth, say the words!!" And then he didn't say anything. And after she'd walked away in frustration, he said (rather cryptically, it seemed) "Yeah, I do". Yeah, he knows that she needs to hear the words?

THEN WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM?? :confused::scream::confused:

Am I missing something? Is this supposed to signal good, happy, shiny things to come, or does this foreshaddow dark and stormy awkwardness in their future?

I'm so confused!

--Signed--
    An obsessive overthinker

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Oeh I loved the episode! Very oldskool CSI Miami ! I think I only saw one splitscreen? :eek: Loved the "who's organizing this picnick" :D and Horatio's yet here we are! Baddie got owned by the csi's, yeah! Very interesting case, not predictable as most miami cases are so thats definitely a great thing :D

7. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Ummmm .... Rude.

Just trying to be helpful as was the person who put it up.

great fan.....I found it here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3-ERb1Ps8 the spelling was 'off' .

Anyway, this episond was full of interesting twists. Can't wait to view it again to make sure I wasn't seeing things when I saw the smirk. But, since others have commented on it....wonder what that was all about?

8. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I really liked this episode. I was convinced that Doug was lying about his amnesia especially when he walked out with that smirk on his face, but I wasn't expecting the part about him being forced to kill. It was an interesting twist, IMO.

I am so glad that the writers are finally moving forward with the Calleigh and Eric storyline. I am also glad that the preview CBS showed wasn't misleading like it has been in the past.

It was nice to see Ryan getting more airtime, in the beginning of this season he wasn't shown much. I am looking forward to seeing next week's episode about his personal connection to the case.

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Er, like I said, was kidding. And when I said not beneficial to the thread I meant my comment. :rolleyes:

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok this episode was odd :wtf:

First of all the beginning, how could Calleigh & Eric talk about the suspect in front of him?
    Not to mention this little detail
    :lol: I mean Calleigh tested everything and left him with his boxers and socks? :p

Eric got all emotional because of this case & was literally torturing everyone because of his personal feelings about it. I know he was right, after all, but still I found it too enlightened. This case wasn't about Eric. It was about a poor man with amnesia, though it was a nice touch from TPTB in terms of continuity since Eric Delko isn't completely different from this man. IMO, the problem is that almost the whole episode was about Eric's feelings.

Poor Doug made me feel for him at firt, then he acted as a suspect with the other guys in the lockup.
    Since the beginning I thought he rally coudn't remember, but whenever he acted like this, not only with the guy, but also with Calleigh...it was just odd :rolleyes:.
    Maybe I would have done the same thing in the lockup, but still I wouldn't have acted like this with a cop.

Ryan/Eric. Now whenever they show their friendship, then they have to magically ruin it with a stupid argument.
    I took Ryan's side just because this case wasn't all about the emotions, it was about a brutal murder and lots of evidences prooved Doug was the killer so Ryan was right, no matter how Eric felt.
    Plus Eric's beahviour was completely childish. When Calleigh asked what was happening he split everything out, I mean gosh Ryan wasn't that far from them, he could have listened to their conversation (I'm sure he did it). I don't think Ryan felt that good listening to it. IMO it was just childish since Eric could have waited a while before talking.
    IMHO,it's pretty rude talking in a bad way about a certain person in front of him pretending he doesn't hear it.
    Eric & Calleigh had this kind of conversations twice in this episode. I really didn't like it.
    Another reason why to take Ryan's side :p

Onto Calleigh/Eric scenes now.
    The first scene was just hilarious when Calleigh pretended not to know anything about his files :lol:.
    Come on girl, it was pretty obvious you were lying. I know you could pretend it in a better way. Though, I know she didn't want to pretend that well since she wanted Eric to know she was lying.
    As for Eric....well everything has to be connected with his "love" for his beloved Calleigh. No, I don't like it, just fo this reason. Not every case has to be connected with his mental problems and the fact he "truely, madely, deeply" loves her.
    As she told him, now, I really doubt he even believes it.
    I mean come on Eric, she practically told you "ok now you have to tell me what do you feel for me" and he was just "uh".
    It's been 2 years, well even more, you're acting as if Calleigh were the only woman on the hearth...and when she gives you the opportunity to show her your feelings are true, what do you do??? You have that puppy face without words? No wonder why she left him the in disbelief :lol:

I always told Eric was immature and this beahioviour wasn't just being shy, it was immature.

Callegh and H shared a scene together. What a scene!!! :lol: Seriously they can make a better effort :p

Loved Frank : "who's organizing this picnic?" :guffaw:. I just loved that moment, also the fact Calleigh cleared her throat and practically jumped off her kit.

My only question is....
    was it normal that Calleigh & Eric waited for Tripp sitting on their kits in the middle of a sidewalk near the intersection? :alienblush:

11. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Okay, now that I have more time to post...

I liked the episode, but I would have liked it a lot better if I hadn't been so confused about Doug. He's guilty? He's innocent? He's...smirkingly innocent? I still don't get it.

But there was a ton of good stuff too.

H in the lab...it's not exactly like it used to be but its still cool.

I love that new lab tech, he's really adorable! He had this one smile that was really cute. Love the accent, too. ;)

Maybe it was just me, but I loved Ryan's hair. It's something different. And I liked his outfit except for the tie. :lol:

Ryan and Tripp were great comic relief. I liked when Ryan said, "I don't think I'm going to find a million dollars, ever. I don't have that kind of luck." The way he said it just cracked me up.

H was more reserved, which is good and bad I suppose. I guess I'd rather see less of him than see more of him but hate how he's being portrayed. Does that make sense?

I'll give it a B+ overall because the Doug smirking thing really bugged me.

EDIT: Oh and the Ryan/Eric argument thing was annoying. The show implies that the two are friends off hours, so why don't we ever see that? Why must their every conversation be an argument? Grrr.

12. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

He is! And I was under the impression he really was trying his best to work very very fast:)

I just what the episode, still a bit euhm... overwhelmed by it. I will post some kind of "useful" comment later on:)

13. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Ok, why was everyone wearing green? Why was the lab so green? Why was the sea green? That was beyond color coordination :scream:

I'll have to re-watch it, I was too distracted trying to find anything that wasn't green in this episode.

Seriously, what was that about? Is January the 'against global warming' month or something like that? :confused:

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

The only reason the guy smirked was a way of the writers trying to through us off and want to know more about the episode, whether or not he was good.

Oh for the promo next week, it's posted on the spoiler thread if you haven't noticed. It's short though

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I disagree with this. It has already been said that they are friends. Ryan has referred to Eric as his friend. just because they disagree about a case doesn't mean they're not friends! Calleigh and ERic have disagreed about cases. Eric and Tim even disagreed about cases and got in arguments about it. This case was a touchy subject for Eric because of his amensia. He doesn't hate Ryan. If you've ever watched Vegas, I'm sure you've seen how best friends Nick and Warrick have disagreed on cases and once or twice even gotten in verbal fights. One resulted in Warrick walking out angrily and Nick kicking a garbage can in frustration. Eric was just upset because it was too close for home for him with the amnesia. He just took out his frustration on Ryan. That's all that it was.

Eric was the only one arguing. Ryan was more debating. Eric was the one getting angry.

I liked Ryan's outfit, but not the tie. Looked like he borrowed one of Frank's fugly ties. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009