Episode #615, & 616: Ambush, All In **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

What the hell is March Madness? We just got the show back, WTF!!!!

Anyway,
Honestly, I expected something better episode but the Caleigh/Eric scene made it all worth it.

Delko rule #1 - Don't mess with his girl or he'll come after you.

When they all pulled out their gun at the poker game, Eric looked like the only one who was miliseconds away to blow his head off.

As much as I loved Horation shooting the hell out of all these guys, it doesn't make it right yet he's getting away with it. That being said, it was either him or them.

Horatio in a lab coat.

That is all.

:lol:

God bless that man. Though I didn't like it when he blew away all the Mala Noches. He's become rather bloodthirsty lately, yes? I mean, those guys deserved to die but H didn't have to blow away the last guy. He could have taken away the machete and walked off into the sun..set? rise? opening credits? :lol:

I really enjoyed this two-parter. It was by far one of the best of the season, though there were some problems with it. The two guys at the end would never have been placed in the back of the cop car together. 1) the black guy gave up the other guy so he would be in danger, 2) they would have the opportunity to make up an alibi/story/whathaveyou. Secondly, the music was horrid. This is CSI:Miami, not 'The Good, The Bad and the Ugly'. No no.

No matter how much Horatio wants to be a cowboy, he isn't. Period. LOL.

Emily did a wonderful job! She was very convincing and I can totally relate when she said she "just wanted to go home and think about it". *huggles her* Take a vacation girl, you deserve it. I loved when she was using household items to 'process' if you will, the evidence. It reminded me of CSI's 'Jackpot'. Very cool stuff. Glad to see they went back to basics as it were.

I was soooooooooo disappointed once again with the episode. The whole Horatio/Brazil thing didn't surprise me one bit. Good Grief can't this show ever have any realism to it? I mean come on now. How many cops do you know takes out that many guys & doesn't get hurt? Oh, I forgot Super Duper H can. LOL

The Calleigh story was great. I was proud of Coop stepping up to the plate but hope that gets resolved down the road along with the H/J/R story. That is to say if TPTB don't screw up like they're good at doing. Once again no Yelina & what good did it do to bring her or Stetler back for one lousy part? I miss the old H/Miami. *Cries* Bring back the H/Miami that I love sooooooooooo much.

Not too bad, not too bad :) I LOVED the poker scene - very cool, even with the cheesy western music :lol: - I thought this was a serious episode :rolleyes:

Anyway - I got a group hug! Sort of.... well, umm, I guess Tripp, Ryan and Eric all standing around Cal was the closest we'll get to a group hug, soo... yea. I called it- group hug! YEAAAA (although H was SORELY abscent from the one - Dude, where the hell did he go? Back to shoot the guy?)

Wow - H in a lab coat AGAIN! HOLY CRAP. LOVED IT!!! :drool: He was actually figuring out the clues - it really was "solve a crime with Calleigh"! Very cool :)

OK - so Emily Procter ROCKS! Seriously - she was AWESOME!!! Especially at the end when she kicked the guy's ass! I also loved how she just rattled off random household materials and started doing stuff - I started having flashbacks to high school chem class :lol: Nice job w/H figuring out the baking soda/grape juice thing. I'm definitely gonna find a way to use that some time, somewhere in my life time :guffaw:

LOVED the team spirit - everyone pushing to find Cal and worried about her - although Alexx had like two seconds in the ep. Somehow I have a feeling this whole thing will linger for Calleigh...

I'm assuming that last scene implied a possible E/C hookup, but I'm not sure. I can't help but wonder where Jake was through all this? It looked really bad for him that he wasn't around.

OK, now for some criticism ... What the hell was w/Brazil? I mean, that was completely pointless. What did he do? Single-handedly annialate the mala noche? :wtf: It's like - so that's it? End of Brazil? That was the lame "Super H" I've grown to not like very much - body counts, shooting to kill - that last shot - he cold bloodedly killed that guy. I don't like that. Please, stop making H a murderer!!!

Overall, I'd give the ep an 8/10.

Woah!! Another exciting eppy from miami!

-i can't believe we have had two eppy's in a row with H in a lab coat :wtf:

-loved the feel of this one, even with the western music, it reminded me a lot of snatch and lone stock and two smoking barrels, sort of a guy richie feel too it. Actually I was cracking up at the beginning and the end...LOL, with the music.

-Arrgghhh...the julia storyline is bothering me, i hate that woman :scream: I really hope Kyle doesn't end up dead, like almost everyone that H touches, sleeps with, or is related too.

-woah, Calleigh rocks!! It is good too see some emotion from her...and damn she is smart. Go girl :thumbsup:

Anyway,
Honestly, I expected something better episode but the Caleigh/Eric scene made it all worth it.

Delko rule #1 - Don't mess with his girl or he'll come after you.

When they all pulled out their gun at the poker game, Eric looked like the only one who was miliseconds away to blow his head off.

quote]

Agree with all of the above. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

With that ending I almost forget H and the Rio scenes in the beginning. That is how much I loved the ending *super squeeeee* Sorry had to do that.

I was worried at first that I wasnt going to see angry Eric again and the poker table scene (with Eric, Frank, & Ryan) was going to get cut. But when it didnt, I was happy. But whoever (I forget & lazy to go check) who wrote this episode, I love them for the ending. *HUGS YOU*

I could go on & on b/c I'm that happy but I'll just say this~ how the interaction between Eric & Calleigh ended made me wonder what's next for them. ;):devil::drool::thumbsup::bolian::drool::devil:;):angel::beer:

I'm going to go against the grain and say this wasn't the best episode I've ever seen. I was really excited after last night's epi, but I think I jinxed myself because All In just wasn't up to that standard for me.

First, the scene with H in Brazil really pissed me off. I mean, come on! He just got extradited back to Brazil for a MURDER he committed and then he goes and commits at least 4 more murders (could have been more, but I stopped counting there). How the heck does he think that isn't going to come back and bite him in the butt? And the whole cowboy scene was way over the top, even for Miami!

I will give TPTB credit for the awesome clues Calleigh left behind for the boys (and Talia). Some of those I never would have thought of, and I really enjoyed that little treasure hunt.

And did I miss something, but what the heck happened to Julia and Kyle? One minute H is telling them they are in danger and then we never hear from them again in the episode! What gives?

And there were a lot of lose ends with the other case that never got tied up. I mean I realize one of their own was in danger, but it just felt odd and I'll bet you money we never find out what really happened and I bet that storyline never gets finished up.

I did enjoy the last scene with the poker table though! Calleigh's boys to the rescue! :lol:

All in all the episode was a disappointment to me and even perhaps a little bit redundant. It was like watching a fanfic play out in front of my eyes and it didn't feel natural for even the comic book style of Miami. I felt like Ambush was a representation of the earlier fantastic seasons and that All In was the dismal reality that Miami has sunk itself into the past few seasons. This is just my opinion, but I think it's safe to say I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I did forget one thing... Was it me or did Ryan/Jon sound like he had a cold?? If so hope he feels better!:thumbsup:
I'd read somewhere that a flu bug swept through the cast right after they came back from the strike. Seems he was the first one, and perhaps explains why EP looked a little wan, too. She rocked this episode, btw! I loved her clues she left like little breadcrumbs.

Giancarlo Esposito (the Chief in Rio) is just awesome no matter what he does. I've followed him since he was in Homicide:Life on the Streets. I love the chief taking care of his little Mala Noche problem by hauling Miami's #1 Vigilante down there knowing he would blow 'em all away.:guffaw:

The interrogation room scene with Ceres was just bizarre - doesn't the guy know there are cameras in those rooms that would have filmed the whole thing? Be fun for the greatest hits tape shown at the holiday parties - "Here's this dude banging his head on a table to try to get a brutality charge!"

It really seemed like for these two episodes TPTB read our season 6 wish list. You suppose they did...?:vulcan: Well, if they do read this, THANK YOU!! (sorry, didn't mean to shout... :D)

First, the scene with H in Brazil really pissed me off. I mean, come on! He just got extradited back to Brazil for a MURDER he committed and then he goes and commits at least 4 more murders (could have been more, but I stopped counting there).

This might be the start of an infinite loop. Get extradited for one, kill four others. Next time Julia gets angry, she'll arrange extradition for these four. Then he'll have to kill 16. And so on...:rolleyes:

The MacGyver forensics was funny though.

Ambush Part 1

First things first, I honestly don’t like the way they keep creating little places in which they can plonk Natalia. To be honest, I think the character is more or less superfluous when it comes to the concept of the show, because all the jobs she does do could be done by others, yet she just flits from one to the other, as if she is an expert of all the jobs, and for me, because I keep thinking well such-n-such should be doing that, I am automatically pulled out of the scene, which then means I stop being entertained. Also I’m still not liking the cock-sure attitude they are giving Natalia either. Not only does it show your hand and make you look stupid when you're completely wrong (which I think Natalia is yet to be right when she's adopted such an attitude), but it is annoying as hell for me!!!

Not a fan of Elizabeth Berkley I’m afraid and the clothes she wears are an eyesore and off-putting. She makes me cringe in a big way and also pulls me out of scenes and into the real world.

I had high expectations for this episode and yet because I was getting bugged by being pulled out of scenes, well, it spoilt it a bit for me.

Does Horatio now own only black coloured suits? Bring back the subtle colours he wore in the earlier seasons and also the designer too. Much Much better clothing and DC looked great in them. Black does nothing for him at alllllllll...

Big BIG goof right at the beginning of the episode. We saw a floating arm in the water and yet both arms were attached to the victim when she was still in the car. Then we see a stump when she was on Alexx’s table.

If I had been Calleigh I would have slapped Ryan for such a crass comment about the camera cap.

Why was Calleigh and Ryan arresting those two blokes? Surely they should have been brought in for questioning? I have always been under the impression that you only make an arrest when you have evidence corroborating the suspect(s) involvement, which if that is the case they had no evidence whatsoever only suspicion. And wouldn’t a pre-law student be aware of that?

What happened to Eric? He was at the scene with Calleigh and then promptly disappeared to make room for Ryan.

Given what they give Natalia to do, it pisses me off no end to see Valera appear simply to be nothing more than a sounding board for Ryan and yet earlier she should have been the one doing the blood DNA analysis and not Natalia!!!! Grrrrrr! So f-ing annoying.

I don’t know what everyone’s gripe about Stetler is, because he has shown concern for Horatio in the past. When Horatio explained to Stetler the reason he had been subpoenaed in New York for one. I liked that brief scene they shared. I also adored Calleigh’s look of concern for Horatio and much preferred that to the short speech she gave about how all of them would be there for him. Sometimes you just don’t need words.

In all honesty this thing with Cooper is just downright ridiculous. I hate it. Cooper was not pathetic or mean, or childish and I think it is ridiculous to suddenly show him harbouring a dislike for Calleigh. How long has it been since they caught Cooper using Speed’s card? Pffft! I had a feeling this storyline was not going to be good but for completely different reasons to why I don’t like it now.

I’m really pleased that they didn’t show how Calleigh was captured (Thankfully they left that fanfic moment on the drawing board), but her going out on her own? Throughout this episode she has been shown to be with someone else, mostly with either Ryan or Eric, but then when it came to visiting a possible lead, she goes out on her own? Contrived in the worst possible way.

All in all, I was really looking forward to this one, given last week’s episode, but it did not deliver at all. I was so constantly being jarred out of scenes that I couldn’t settle down and just enjoy it.

I am pleased however that they are dealing with what happened in Rio, that, hopefully, there will be an absolute closure one way or the other.

In all honesty, I never expected there to be a trial, not only because it screamed set-up from the very beginning, but also because despite Horatio effectively murdering Riaz, Riaz was a drug Lord and I think there would have been a lot of officials happy about his demise. As for the extradition and how it wouldn’t happen, who knows what can be achieved when politics are involved. It could have been a goodwill gesture from America to the Brazilian Governemnt, or something that would appease them, or whatever, so because of that, the extradition didn’t bother me at all.

I'll be back with a review of the second part, but I don't hold much hope for me Woo hoo-ing about it.

:)

Oh and what would have possessed those blokes to jimmie the lock on the boot of the car in the first place? He swam down saw the body and what? Forgot his fright of seeing a dead body in a car, thoughtthere might be something of value in the boot of it, so swam round the back of the car and forced it open with a fish-hook? Pahleeeeease. But most importantly, what was he doing swimming down there anyway? Would you go diving after seeing a disembodied limb floating on the surface of the water?

Last edited:
Ok the arm was explained in a post somewhere but here it is again. Floating in the water was not a full arm. It was just above the wrist & just below the shoulder creating an L shape. You saw the wrist & hand still taped to the steering wheel not the entire arm.

And Calleigh & Ryan arrested the 2 kids in the 1st eppie for tampering with evidence in an ongoing murder investigation. A major nono that Mr Pre-Law should have known. I do agree with you last comment though. Most people are not going to dive for dinner after seeing a limb floating with their fish. However the continuity in the 1st & 2nd eppies hit a brick wall in that department. Because when Cooper came to the lab to return the memory card hae stole from the 1st crime scene, he too should have been arrested for tampering with evidence. But I suppose that Eric must have forgotten that.

And they did show how Calleigh was abducted. It shows her getting out of the hummer with the black kid (Tommy?) laying in the middle of the road & as she bends down to check for a pulse his friend, the white kid (whatever his name was) comes up behind her & covers her nose & mouth with the cloraform (sp?).

Now for my opinions. I liked both the eppies to a degree, some parts more than others. But my biggest gripe was the clothes. I mean I know Calleigh was kidnapped, Horatio was in Rio & then on a plane all night comeing home, & Eric, Ryan, Natiaila, & Tripp were all probably up all night looking for Calleigh. But come on, Julia (who evidiently is still in mourning & only owns 1 black dress & casn't go shopping), Kyle, Saris, & Cooper have had ample time to sleep, shower, & CHANGE clothes.

As for the shootout in Rio, I guess Horatio could have gotten advise from Calleigh on how to handle himself in a gunfight (shurgs shoulders, who knows). And I loved the scene with Tripp, Ryan, & Eric around the poker table with Horatio coming in behind the guy (I was expecting that one). What I really liked was Horatio asking Calleigh "Don't you agree Calleigh?" & then she turned around & took the guy down. I like Horatio giving her the chance to defuse the situation on her terms instead of his. I think that may halp her in dealing with is in the future. Assuming we get to see any potential future problems arrise from this.

Anyway sorry for the long post. It's off to bed now. I am soo sleepy I can't hardly spell bed anymore :)

they didnt they used chloroform to subdue her but used the gun to simulate the bang so she got out to see what it was.

Actually ... no that's not quite how it went. She got out of the car because one of the kidnappers was lying "unconcious" on the floor. Then the other guy came from the back and subdued her with chloroform.

The other guy, who had lost everything he had in a pokergame, was angry and shot at Calleigh's hummer because he thought it was from the person who won it all from him. Then he saw it was actually a copcar so he took off. At that point Calleigh was already kidnapped.

The episode, well it was pretty good .. not great. It was of course very predictable for H to get out of Brasil without a scratch. I was hoping they would give it a couple of episodes before he'd be back in Miami. No such luck eh?

So that definately didn't excite me, luckily we had the Calleigh kidnapping. It was done really nice, and I'm happy she didn't get hurt. The scene at the pokertable, so funny :D Loved how they did that.

Despite how much I enjoyed how they filmed the opening sequence, the content was the biggest pile of shite that CSI Miami has ever dared to grace my screen with, and I fear that that is saying something.

I adored the music at the beginning, so much so that when Horatio stepped on that guy’s sword I was honestly expecting him to say something like “Go ahead, punk, make my day!” I Laughed my FAO for all the wrong reasons. "Mala Noche Justice - I breeeng a sword to do you in with"

It was a load of utter bollocks. Horatio takes out three in the blink of an eye. They would have ripped him to pieces the moment he stepped outside the gate. I’m used to them pushing the envelope at times with Horatio, and it still remaining somewhat entertaining for me, but this? This was just a pile of shite that reeked of insulting the audience in the worst possible way they could think of.

...And Horatio executing that guy with the sword? If he was going to execute him, why didn’t he do that when he was standing in front of him? In all honesty, the beginning of this episode has effectively destroyed the Horatio character for me. I detest the character now. He’s not a hero in any sense of the word. In fact, I now think he’d actually make a very good addition to the Mala Noche what with him seemingly taking the law into his own hands whenever he feels the need to. Maybe they’ll recruit him later on.

I think the problem with the split screens is that they go on for far too long. The music’s okay, but it does give me a headache trying to keep track of the screens flying about and separating and merging and all that crap.

Sorry, but the whole Calleigh thing is just bollocks too. All of a sudden we’re introduced to a site run by an infantile, which is then discovered by two miscreants who suddenly use Calleigh for the exact same reason Eric mentioned when he laid into Cooper. It’s just such a pile of crass and obvious foreshadowing.

In my opinion, I think it would have been better if the site had been discovered in one episode and treated as a joke in that episode and then re-introduced again at a later date with this storyline. As it stands for me now, there’s just too much contrivance going on for it to be acceptable.

We also had the privilege of being shown the fanfic kidnapping in this episode. Not good at allllllll... I mean, how did they clear the road so that the only person to go down that road would be Calleigh??? Or did the black guy suddenly jump out and lay down just beyond the front of her vehicle when she wasn't looking?

And Natalia doing Valera’s job... AGAIN!!!!! And then Ryan's a little bit later and then Eric's a little bit later on from that... AARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, I also found the plot utterly confusing. I mean, why didn’t they just get rid of the body in the first place? Burn it, dump it or something. But not only that, they shoot him in one place and then take him to the place where the poker game was... Huh???????? Am I missing something vital here? Or were these two really that stupid???

All in all, apart from the inadvertent massive laugh they provided at the beginning of this episode, this was a boring mess of contrived occurrences and sadly a platform in which they completely destroyed the Horatio character for me. Still, that alone makes it a sight lot easier not to watch any more.

A bloody shame if you ask me, because at one time I really liked CSI Miami. Now it just pains me to see just how far it has deteriorated.

:(

Edited to add: Ah yes, thanks KeraFaith. I had a look and could actually see that the left arm had been severed. Cheers for the pointer :)

Last edited:
Back