Episode #615, & 616: Ambush, All In **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Mar 28, 2008.

1. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

Della, you took the words out of my mouth!!! i was so mad at the end of the episode yesterday. First Julia pissed me off by putting her son's life in danger by letting that man she's with living with them. also when the kidnapper kinda mentioned how he could rape Calleigh if he wanted to, that realy insulted me,why everytime a women gets kidnapp, rape has to be mentioned. Also Eric seemed to have no problem working for a guy who had to write down how to work on a crime scene.

2. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Ok while I am sure this was a good episode.......I could not get past super H and the Mala Noche nightmare of a scene. :scream: That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever saw. I almost shut the tv off right then and there. Then everytime I saw H on the screen later.....I wanted to scream. Why does Miami constantly do this???? The rest of the epiosde was ruined for me after the super H scene.

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:borg:Judging from the opening scenes, last night's episode looked like an audition for the Saturday morning lineup or the cartoon channel. Are TPTB looking for the male teen demos?
    :guffaw::guffaw:
    Other than the absurdities of that, it was a great 2-parter. All the regulars were front and center, interacting, supportive of each other. Every one did an excellent job. EXCEPT Julia. I'm not a Natalia fan and agree she gets plopped in as required; still, head and shoulders over Julia. She doesn't fit as either good or evil. Everything's a bit off-kilter. Loved Horatio in the lab, Calleigh terrific, refusing to be a victim, Eric alive and in-your-face. Great episodes for the most part. I was not disappointed.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Final Four next week. No show at all. Will we all survive?

4. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Yep - I have to concur w/a lot of what was said. I didn't get the whole point of the Brazil thing - don't TPTB know we're TIRED of seeing H execute people? :confused: And when H blew that guy's brains out - I almost yelled at the TV - dude, NO! He could've just ran, or shot him from a distance - why get so close and blow his brains out? It was like he was a hit man. How many bullets did they put in that gun? For me, that was sooo not the H of Seasons 1-4 - that was a cold-blooded killer. :( (Totally w/you there, Della)

It seems like TPTB tried to throw a bone to all the fans in a way - having an H and Cal in a scene in "Ambush," showing the E/C thing, trying to have continuity w/past episodes, having H in a lab coat, etc... but a lot of it seemed unnatural. The end at the poker table was awesome, I'll admit, but I wish we could've seen more of the TEAM w/Cal, appreciating that she was OK.

I felt like Ryan was not his normal driven self - he was more upset when Eric was shot. :confused: Where was that passionate Ryan I know and love? Natalia actually has grown on me, but I felt like she was kind of useless in this episode. Tripp was Tripp, as always, which is nice b/c at least it's consistent. And Eric - he's sweet :) , and it was good to see SOMEONE admit how important Cal is to the the team. What was weird for me was that H was driving that whole episode, figuring out Cal's clues, looking concerned, etc, and then he doesn't even say anything to Cal at the end. :confused: I felt like there needed to be some closure after that exchange in "Ambush." It just felt anti-climatic to not have H in there w/the rest of the team comforting Cal. It's just a weird dynamic now. Another :wtf: moment, similar to "Stand Your Ground," although I'm glad he was there for her in the poker room.

Now, kerafaith makes a good point that I didn't think about - H giving Cal a choice. In Brazil, H pretty much killed everyone in site, so you know he'd have no problem blowing that guy's brains out. So it is interesting that he had that line — "I think you should fold, wouldn't you agree, Calleigh?" — and let her take some action. And I like Calleigh's choice, BTW - nice move :) Just goes to show that you don't always have to kill the bad guys, H. :rolleyes:

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

The opening scene with Horatio was awful, in my opinion :rolleyes:, but it got better after that. Calleigh/Emily was amazing in this episode. Poor girl needs a vacation.
    Now, I'm not a Calleigh/Eric shipper, but I loved the interaction between them at the end of the episode.

Anyway, short on time, so that's all for now.

6. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

OK- first time I comment on both epi's. 1-About Kyle's clothes-of course, his newly millionaired mama is gonna go shopping and buy his clothes to "look rich". The kid didn't have a stitch of clothes to his name since they took his clothes in jail and all he had was a nice court suit his dad bought him for trial. 2-yeah, you'd think Julia would wear another outfit but maybe it's her way of looking the part of the grieving widow (the kind who invites her con-artist former partner in crime to live with her just days after her rich hubby's funeral-very tactful,girl!)3-noticed the arm right away-it was from the wrist up to the shoulder since the explosion and glass shattered caused it to break away from a body that's been floating for like a WEEK in WATER-easy to understand that one.4-Loved H in a sexy lab coat-noticed his read "Lt H. Caine" cool..surprised he knew where it was hanging since it's been so long!5-Stetler wasn't the one to say "don't cuff H" it was the US Marshall-I have CC and the words are clearly stated.But I liked the Rick concern-mostly since if Horatio can get led off gee wonder what Rick has in HIS past! All in all a great pair of episodes-so surprised they seemed to actually film in Brazil. Q-did they really?expensive on CBS part but worth it. Loved H telling Kyle to lower his voice at H's job place-nothing like your teenaged kid mouthing off to set the gossip going..

7. flgal

flgal Hit and Run

I pretty much go along with the comments that have been made so far.. the 1st episode was kind of lame IMHO.. it had it's moments but just few & far between...

The 2nd epi was much better except for the opening ...geesh.. how many bullets does Super H's gun hold anyhow... although I did LOVE the " Miami Justice" line...:lol:

Calleigh was just awesome as usual... and the poker table scene was a hoot...and the ending with E/C...all I could say was.. awwwwwww...it was sooooo sweet! Sure wish my vcr worked so I could have taped the show... this is one I could watch over & over....

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

H fired 8 bullets all of which killed the 8 assailants he fired at:rolleyes: Everything to do with him is sooo austantatious (spelling?).

Anyway, Emily/Cal was awesome....I thought she did a great job from start to finish with the ep. The scene with the poker table was a little overly dramatic but I like the viewpoint we got of Cal and the perp from behind Eric's gun....I thought that was pretty cool. Of course the E/C scene at the end rocked and was sweet and you have to admit that even if you are not a fan of the two; it was still sweet.

9. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Emily Procter was on the Today Show last week and said that the flu spread on the set right after they got back to work. She was sick w/ a fever of 102 during the filming of the 1st scene of last week ep of her and H in the lab talking about a bullit. So it's possible he was sick at that time. I actually didn't notice. Will have to rewatch and listen carefully. Thanks for pointing that out to :bolian:

10. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

In my opinion, the Mala Noche deserved what they got - every last one of them. They had it coming to them. :cool:

11. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

It seemed obvious to me that the Rio chief knew exactly what H would do to the Mala Noche, and it was fine with the chief because it rid him of some bad guys and left no dirt on his hands. That's why H will never be punished for any of it.
    The towel Eric left behind is going to be a big deal, I bet.
    By the way, happy 33nd birthday today (April 2) to Adam Rodriguez.

12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

That was my favorite scene, well that and obviously the ending with Calleigh and Eric it was so sweet!

13. Della

Della Police Officer

Perhaps they did, dogbert14, however, Horatio was almost vigilante in style in his execution of them, and, to be honest, that's not the Horatio I grew to adore.

I could understand Horatio seeking out and killing Riaz, considering he was chief suspect in killing Ray and Marisol and that he'd also threatened to rid Horatio of his family and friends, however, Horatio's execution of the guy with the sword was bang out of order. It was nothing but premeditated murder. He had already wounded the man, disarmed him. He had time to think before he callously blew the guys brains out.

Sorry, but that stank as far as I'm concerned. Agreed that it was nothing short of what the Mala Noche would do and yet Horatio is supposed to signify Justice, Democracy and Liberty. All he managed to convey to me was how much of a thug he really is.

..and because of that I can't stand the character now. He's literally executed too many people now for me to be able to justify the why.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah is he a one man vigilante killing machine. I mean he has now killed more people and NOT had anything done in retrospect to his actions:rolleyes:

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I completely agree with you, Della. When he blew away the Mala Noches it completely put me off the character. The last guy stopped being a threat when Horatio got him in the shoulder and in my opinion, that scene proved he was no better than any other murderer on the street. That badge doesn't mean he gets to blow away anyone he wants because they're bad people no matter what country.

Horatio's spent the last few years upholding the law and everything it signifies and then he goes and does this? Sorry, I don't buy it.

Did he have to kill some of them? Probably. Sometimes violence is justified but he could have gone about it in a completely different way. He didn't have to enjoy it so much. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008