Episode #615, & 616: Ambush, All In **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I agree with Della and Geni. It was just so unnecessary. And completely not what Horatio is supposed to be about. Why on Earth would they do that to his character?

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

It is very simple and can summed up in one word: DRAMA!!!

Everything about Horatio Caine is dramatic and filled with melodrama!

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I agree about the shooting in the beginning. I swear I burst into laugh when Isaw four guys, one rifle, one shotgun, one pistol and knife against poor H and he manages to shoot all three with guns before any of 'em shots him :lol: :lol: :lol: That was worse than Terminator 3 (hmm... perhaps H should be character of Terminator 4)
    But it wasn't real H at all - shooting all those.

Julia's boobs were still attacking.

So the shooting kinda ruined it for me, not even labcot could save episode for H.

Calleigh is a kickass, she is so kickass, but I really didn't want that end. Bullshit say I! Grr!

4. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

^^ Yeah, totally agree about Horatio's shooting scene. They turned him into an assassin ... guess the four baddies talk too much and H found his opportunity to shoot.

Calleigh was awesome! :thumbsup:

How come Jake didn't make an appearance?

How come they didn't show H asking Calleigh how she was doing?

OMG, never seen H doing so much processing!!!!!

Loved the ending with all 3 of them sitting at the poker table.

Just a question, does H still love Julia? How come that guy in white was parading around the fact that he got together with Julia? He also has his son, I can understand that part but last week's episode kind of implied that H was still upset he lost Marisol at the wedding scene.

5. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Right on the money w/H, guys. I have no idea what TPTB were thinking, except maybe that he looks "cool" doing that - like an action hero or something :rolleyes: David Caruso said in TV Guide that he likes the edgyness of the character, but this is beyond anything ...

I mean, he can't go walking around telling people "No one deserves to die" (Bang Bang, Your Debt) and then shoot an unarmed man.:wtf: I don't care if he posed a threat - there was no more threat when he disarmed the dude - just run away - he's not comin' after you, he's injured! It was like H was in a video game or something - how many Mala Noche's can you take out w/one shot - just stupid. :scream:

H definitely looked like he enjoyed it, too, which was HORRIBLE! I was hoping that, by going to Rio, he would have to answer for his actions, (and exorcized some demons) but it just made things worse. Why is he never held accountable for anything he does?

The character assassination of Horatio Caine is pretty much complete in my eyes. Notice that he drove the whole episode w/figuring stuff out, finally doing lab work, etc, but then, in the end, it was all about him putting a gun to the bad guy's head - not about checking on the well being of his CSI. :wtf:

Lampdor:
    Umm...yea :rolleyes: All that supposed angst over Cal, and then there's no resolution. Her father gets drunk in Season 3 and H is all over it - Cal almost dies in Season 6, and H has left the building before Cal can even say a word. Bad move.

Remember in Seasons 1-3 - he would always have a chat w/a CSI if something was going wrong? Now, it's all about the gun. He catches the guy, and then exit stage left, with no consideration of the fallout that is left behind; no concern about the mental state of his top CSI, or the rest of the team.

I never thought I'd say this, but I disagree w/Calleigh - No, H, we're not going to be here for you no matter what. Maybe that's been the problem all along - someone has got to call him out on his actions, for REAL. He's a trigger-happy murderer. I think H needs to be put on the rubber gun squad.

6. Callacrap

Callacrap Rookie

All In was a really awesome ep overall! The Horatio begining wasn't very good but the rest kinda made up for it! :D I loved Horatio's one liner though - that was one of his best! I think they concentrated on writing the best one liner they could that the rest of the scene paid the price for it!
    Poker game had to be the best though! Ryan's face when he pulled out the gun was priceless, it was like he thought he was in Oceans 11 or something! Brilliant!
    And I'm sure the Eric/Calleigh scene at the end was very pleasing to all those HipHuggers out there! Calleigh's smile when she got in the hummer pretty much said it all, coz she knows that he cares about her!

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i really enjoyed "Ambush" and "All In", they're probably in my top fave Miami eps.

the end scene at the poker game with Delko, Trip, and Ryan was soo awesome i like the way that was filmed, it gave the scene a really cool movie feel.

i wanna say poor Calleigh but she kicked ass in soo many ways last night. the way she left clues as to where she was and what was going on was great and her cool yet tough- don't- give -me -crap atittude was the best. Emily definately showed some great acting in this ep, made me love her and Calleigh all the more haha.

i didn't see the ep where's Horatio's son comes in and his ex but i'm not liking their story too much especially now she's with that idiot. i hope this story is over soon.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

So.........
    Very well written episode....I loved it.
    Let's just say that Calleigh/Emily's performance was just awesome for the whole episode:thumbsup:
    I was scared for her at the beginning...I felt for her when Seth kicked her right in the stomach...and I was really proud for her, she's a damng good CSI;)

Horati was concerned for her CSI...and it was good plus he wore the labcoat another time to analyse her evidences!!!!!
    Too many good heart attacks in two days.

Natalia was concerned....Ryan was there at the end and touched her to confort her while she was crying....but Alexx?????? Was she too concentrate on the oddness of the evidences?:confused:

Horatio's escape from the jungle I won't speak about it cause let's just say it was aww:rolleyes:

Seth and Toby....well I liked both of them....let's say they were good kidnapper;)

The end with Eric and Calleigh was nice.....he's really her best friend.
    I'm really worried she will take sime time off.....but gosh she really deserves it......my dear go on holiday!!

Now I've only got a question...how is it possible that they didn't bring Calleigh to the hospital????
    - she was druged with chloroform.....and she practically managed to see (at the beginning) and to move or walk
    - she was knocked out....no black eye:rolleyes:
    - Seth kicked her right in the stomach.
    - she put a hot piece of sigar in her pants
    - when she was kidnapped they streched her....one pulled her in one direction the other one in the oppsite direction
    Is she WonderWoman??? No she's BulletGirl:p

I just wanted to add......Emily did such a great job in both episodes!!!

9. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Maybe that`s because she is so close to H. We have a super H, and now we are going to get a super Cal...

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I just read that early Neilsen rating have last night's ep as the highest rated show for CBS on Tuesday in the 10pm timeslot since "Judging Amy" 5 years ago!!!!!!

11. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I'm not surprised! Both shows were awesome this week, very exciting and probably my favorites out of this season. Calleigh did a terrific job leaving clues behind to help her team find her and yes I do think she should've been taken to the hospital, especially with that kick she recieved to her stomach. Just to be on the safe side, she should've gone to the hospital.

As for Horatio, I didn't like the way he shot that guy and had such a cold look on his face when he said Mala Noche justice meet Miami justice.

12. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

I'm confused again:

1) If the guy suffered a heart attack after being poisoned, when was he shot :confused::confused:

2) Why did the Saris need to kill Kathleen to help Kyle? Hadn't Julia already bribed Kathleen to go away :confused::confused:

13. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I loved this ep:) Emily was amazing as usual. I wasn't crazy about the beginning with H, I mean how can you take out that many people at once and not have a scratch? But I should be used to that by now. I was a little surprised that Stetler wasn't in this one questioning how Horatio returned from Brazil so fast.

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

When the guy had the heart attack he got up, the two guys thought he was coming towards them to attack them so Seth shot him.

That's a good point, she did take the bribe. I guess he wanted to make sure she wouldn't change her mind and come back to put Kyle back in jail.

15. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Ah, that makes sense. Also explains why he wouldn't answer their questions. Thanks.

Still interesting about the bribe (although, remember, we don't know for sure that he DID kill Kathleen. And I still don't trust Julia).