Episode #612 "Miami Confidential" **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Dec 15, 2007.

1. AirAdam

AirAdam Dead on Arrival

Liked it alot, very good eps.
    I liked when H said to that FBI guy, Look what lil tiny PD's can do, or something like that lol.

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Well...Now we know what Natalia had on that FBI agent, Mike Farallon. He slept with his last informant.
    Shame shame, Mike.
    Agent Farallon is proof of something I learned from my late half-brother. I forgot where he learned it.
    Spell assume. A--s--s--u--m--e. Now underline the first 3 letters and put an and sign between the letters u and m.
    Assu & me <<<See what happens when you assume??? You make out an ass out of you and me. :lol:
    Agent Farallon definitely made an ass of himself assuming that the baby the dead girl was pregnant with was his. Especially if the girl didn't tell him "you're the daddy."

Looks like I won't be dropping the show after all. They didn't pull any Mutant X type sci-fi stunts.

3. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I liked it. It had its fair share of drama (WITHOUT shootouts, too). It kept me watching, too. And as much as I like H, I liked not seeing him in the very beginning. It WAS refreshing.

H is noticably absent throughout a lot of the episode, and it was great to see the other team members do the interrogations. In a way, this is a Natalia-themed episode (and in my opinion, thats a near-perfect episode automatically).

It was nice to see Glen Cole back. His expression after H threatened to get the corrupt FBI agent was truly priceless. That made me laugh.

Another part I liked was Ryan's treatment of the agent at the end. It conveyed ust how upset and disturbed he is at the double-murder.

Finally, it was great to see only Natalia's face at the very end. This episode was really refreshing from the H drama. Let's hope the writers keep it up.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I actually really liked this episode--though for me, it didn't really get going until half way through but it was still watchable and very impressive... :eek:

I actually thought Horatio had some more connection with his team and the last scene, albeit cheesy, was a breath of fresh air. Thank the Lord for the wardrobe people putting a bit of colour into his image this week.

The only thing I absolutely hated was the fact that all of it happened in a day. :rolleyes: DNA takes weeks to process. *sigh* We all know it takes them a day to solve their crimes anyway so this isn't new but it just ruined it a bit for me. Also the semi-recycled stories. Ie: Informant lady was wearing a wire and gets pregnant. Reminded me of 'Bait'. Then the fire and the meth lab but ah wacha gonna do. ;)

There was some great development for Natalia this week, it was nice to see, despite she hasn't been my favorite. I really enjoyed her performance.

Overall, great episode.

5. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

Yeah. I forgot to mention that. I loved seeing H look concerned for Alexx and Ryan. And he smiled, too.

6. laneangel

laneangel Victim

I never thought that i could say that about natalia but i really loved seeing an episode based on her storyline i have to say eva larue is a pretty good actress she killed the epi her perfomance was great and for ryan it's true that he wasn't a lot in the epi but i think it was better that way i rather see him in charge of the interrogation than seeing stettler blaming him for an another mistake he made !!! anyhoo i really like the epi not much H drama it was a bit creepy the girl being preggy by her stepbrother thought I was a bit incomfortable with it and the Mike Farallon guy can i say @ss !!! :D

7. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

I liked this week's episode a lot more than last weeks.

I told my husband after last week's episode, 'You watch, Horatio will be driving an identical bronze Hummer next week even though his just got blown up...' Sure enough! :D I guess they just took the replacement out of petty cash.

I was glad to see Micah Alberti on the show. I think he's good, and it was nice to see him outside of a teen drama show. I gave up on Wildfire partway into the second season and am not sure why I watched it that long. We met him and sat at a dinner table with him at a charity fund raiser last year; he's nice.

I thought the case was well done, with few of the leaps of logic I've seen in some of the episodes this season. I wish they wouldn't do silly things like have the women CSIs working crime scenes in high heels, though. All three CSI shows do that.

8. Danny Caine

Danny Caine Misha's Minion Premium Member

This episode was ok but the whole fire scene was a bit of a 'Slow Burn' (& another episode I can't think of the name right now) remenicense episode as well as the Informant who was pregnant in the ep 'Bait'.

the one thing that's bothering me through out this season is... Why is Calleigh wearing high heels to a crime scene? she's never worn high heels at all, the only CSI that did it was Megan Donner and that was just in Season 1 now I see Stella, Catherine and the other girls on the other CSI shows wearing high heels to a crime scene.

I'm surprised they haven't twisted an ankle yet or worse (not that I want them to but, still).

9. rockyhorror

rockyhorror Victim

Normally I don't like Natalia centric episodes but I actually really enjoyed this one. They also managed to develop her character without adding too much personal drama.

It was also refreshing to see an episode begin and end with characters other than Horatio.

And Horatio didn't shoot anyone. Lately he's been a little too trigger happy for me. I mean he's a CSI not James Bond.

All of the characters seemed happier and it kind of reminded me of the earlier seasons, especially the scene with Valera, Eric and Calleigh. All in all, very enjoyable.

10. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Wow - that episode was actually pretty freakin' good! It was refreshing to see more than two people in a scene - I really loved the scene between Eric, Calleigh and Valera - ahhh camaraderie and humor, be still my heart!!!!

I kinda liked the Eric "jab" at Ryan - I think he was just kidding around, etc. It was nice to see a little levity.

Poor Ryan - I really loved the opening sequence, though it did remind me of "Slow Burn" and that other episode where Alexx and Eric got caught in a fire. Alexx seems to have some pretty bad luck w/that, but did you see how calm she was when that wall went up at first - she was like, 'Been there, done that." Of course, when it got out of control I loved the way they got out of there - nice action scene. Also, it was great not to see another silly one-liner by H - loved that.

Oh, Alexx and Eric in a scene together - it's been awhile, I think. Loved it, loved Eric's smile, more levity - fantastic, stick w/that writers!

The team did feel more like a team, and for some odd reason I felt Horatio was more connected to them (well, except for one .... :rolleyes: ) Horatio was kinda quirky in this one and used some different mannerisms - he seemed more down-to-earth in some of the interrogation scenes, although he still had that "distance thing" going on. Was it just me, or did anyone else see a peek of the Season 3 H in some moments.?

I LOVED Natalia - I didn't like her in Season 4 and most of Season 5, but she's really grown on me since they finished up that stupid ex-husband plotline last season. She is a good actress, and I loved her interrogation scenes. I also loved that H was there for her - nice scene at the end.

Ryan was cute - poor guy must've freaked when he saw the
    meth lab - yikes! :eek: Also loved how H came up to Alexx and Ryan to make sure they were OK - nice touch and he smiled! (This is something H hasn't been doing enough of lately ::cough cough:: "Stand Your Ground")

This episode also reminded me of H's brother Ray and Suzie - remember all that stuff about Suzie and the meth lab and Ray doing drugs, etc. That whole "if I don't take a hit they'll now I'm a cop" thing came up again and I immediately thought of that. Ohh, Suzie and Maddison, where have you gone???

Also, the episode had me thinking of Jake too, especially when Nat told Cal she suspected Mike of making that girl pregnant (which turned out not to be true). Jake was another undercover guy who took drugs to prove he wasn't a cop, etc. Interesting to kind of look at the subtext - this plotline definitely spoke to some of the characters' past experiences.

I really liked the human element of the story - I cared for the victim and her unborn child and I think I connected more with the plot b/c of it. It wasn't some rich girl or gangster, just someone who was put in a bad situation and was trying to protect her baby by not taking a hit.

CalleighEricFan wrote:
    Thank you for noticing :) Ummm... yea, no idea what's going on (28 eps and counting :rolleyes:) - That's the only thing I was really disappointed about in this episode, but again, I digress.

Overall, I thought this was a really good episode and a nice way to give Natalia a storyline - loved the thing with Mike! (And I was happy to see that older FBI guy, (Glenn? ) back - I love that guy! He's not "evil" and he and H have good chemistry - bring him on more!)

Again, great ep. - hopefully things will get better from here - more camaraderie, please :)

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

So overall I though it was a good episode also. Somethings come to mind:

-H smiling :eek: :eek: :eek:
    -H being concerned about Ryan, Natalia and Alexx :eek:
    -No rich high end people, but actual normal human beings ;)
    -Natalia standing up for what was right. I've always though of her as being kind of weak (maybe that's even more evident when the other girl in the lab is Calleigh Duquense ;), but anyways...)though it was great how she managed everything.
    -Alexx in the line of fire, again :lol:
    -Valera, Calleigh and Eric: how great was this scene??? :D I loved it!!!! Friendly banter, laughing, joking it was great. And yes I agree Eric was only joking around about Ryan, not really accusing him of anything. The writers seem to forget sometimes that they can joke around and be friends. :)
    -The last Natalia/Horatio scene I though was pretty nice. I've always liked how these two work together. H really cares for her and is there when she has a tough time. So that was nice.
    -Guess what I'm saying is: Human H is really nice to see.

So I guess it was an ok episode :)

12. Della

Della Police Officer

Yes, yes, yes, finally, I can say some really good things about an episode Woo Hoo!!!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am at the prospect :D

The teamwork might still be missing in certain areas *coughCalleigh/Horatiocough* but for overall teamwork this, in my opinion, is the closest it's been for such a long, long time.

Despite the fact that for the majority of it there were only two people in a scene together, it was such a joy to see Alexx, Ryan and Horatio in one and that that scene caused Horatio to not only show some concern but also to smile (Oh God! how I have missed that - it literally lit the screen for me) and then Valera, Calleigh and Natalia together in another scene.

I really hadn't realised just how much I'd missed such things until they happened in this episode. Warmed me up like nobody's business. T'was lovely!!

I simply adore Horatio and Frank sharing screentime together and the added bonus was the both of them entering a house with their guns raised. I utterly adored the cute warnings Horatio was muttering before they entered, such as "Here we go Frank, here we go." Yum! Delicious.

Also, did anyone notice the lack of Horatio's sunnies? He did wear them in the scene with Alexx and Ryan, but did he wear them again? It was lovely to see David's eyes for once. *blush* :D and also the lack of, I think now, silly one-liners? The only cringeworthy moment was the "forgive yourself" - it honestly set my teeth on edge, but then, Horatio is famous for such things and it really was tolerable because it was one brief moment in amongst some downright lovely ones.

As for the episode itself, I'm not a fan of Natalia but she was tolerable in this episode and it was really nice to see that her somewhat saturated appearance didn't mean a lack of Valera, which it has done previously.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Lots of lovely moments that reminded me a lot of how I felt about the previous seasons. Therefore I sincerely hope they continue things in this light and keep with the teamwork and the friendships and try to curb the excessive use of the sunnies, the one-liners and the violence from Horatio.

It honestly felt like Horatio had finally recovered his equal equilibrium and with that so did the team :D

Loved it!

:)

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Great epi!! Kudos to TPTB ...finally!!
    The intro w/ Ryan, the song...very cool!
    Valera & Calleigh making me giggle.
    Eric picking on Ryan...always fun!
    Horatio being pulled down to planet earth...YES!
    Natalia, Natalia, Natalia....loved every minute of it!!!
    10/10...hope we see more!!! :D

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

They did seem happier. The part that reminded me of the earlier seasons was the one with Eric and Calleigh where Calleigh came to Ryan's defense saying it wasn't his fault the fire started. Calleigh has always stood up for Ryan which is sweet.

I loved the scene with Valera, Eric and Calleigh. It was fun! I didn't blame Valera for her reaction, that is a lot of work to have done in a short period of time.

Natalia is not my favorite character but this episode was good. I'm glad they got that Agent, what a creep! He had a girl killed because he didn't want to destroy his family, he already did when he screwed around with his informants.

I liked Ryan's reaction towards the killer, you could see he was bothered by her death and her unborn child

The brother, sister thing I didn't like. I mean I know they were not blood related but still their parents are married to each other. To me it just isn't right

15. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I rolled my eyes at that. Those weren't just heels, those were slutty 5 inch spike heels.

The eppy was great!! I didn't know about the fire, and i was all like :eek: :eek: during the beginning.

The natalia storyline was pretty good with the FBI agent. Men! I actually really like her now, they did a good job developing her character.