Episode #612 "Miami Confidential" **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

I missed some of the beginning, but what I saw was pretty good.

First, I need to use the TV in the basement because my brother has to do a school project, them like thirty seconds later my stepdad comes home and takes forever to go downstairs.

And then my cat kept knocking over the garbage can. :rolleyes:

And so I missed like half of the show. I got the general concept but missed a lot of the first half.

From what I saw, it was a pretty good episode but I had a little trouble following as I missed a lot it.

All I knew is that every time I looked up they were in the interagation room..

2. laneangel

laneangel Victim

Ok i notice a lot of people talking about calleigh heels guys she always wear them !! i don't think i've ever seen her without them since S4!!! Emily procter is very petite without heels she'll look so tiny next to the guys and the women too !! :D and i just notice that natalia is the only one who doesn't talk to H like he was God !! they have a cool relationship i think i'm gonna stop calling her the slutty snake :D :D

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Well heels aren't the best foot wear to wear to a crime scene. Actually they aren't good for a women's back or knees for that matter. Not really a sensible shoe to wear, petite or not.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

About Calleigh's heels...well to me they were normal (and maybe shorter thant other kinds she wore during season 5 :eek: e.g. "course of the coffin") and to me she's not unprofessional...to me is more unprofessional a woman CSI woriking on a crime scene with a skirt or a dress ;)

Anyway the ep. was far better than the last one.
    I loved the beginning...it was like the old seasons ;)
    I really adored the scene Calleigh, Eric and Valera...I loved all Callegih's facial expression when she told Valera to analyze all those pieces of glass :lol: :lol: (ah the old Calleigh...ah the old CSI:Miami)
    I also appreciated Eric angry with Ryan :lol: and Calleigh defending him :lol:...although maybe it was the worst occasion to be pissed off with him :confused: I mean Ryan did a lot of worse thing than this one ;)
    The sotry was pretty good and I enjoyed Natalia's background...thy're making a very good job with her character ;)

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Never said she was unprofessional in wearing them. Just makes no sense in a job where they run around and chase criminals though various elements. Also they don't know where they will end up during the day could be an apartment one hour and three hours later be in the swamp. Heels just can't make easy transistions to various scenes.

6. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

They are at the beach quite a bit so to me heels seem so not practical for the job.

As for the rest of the epsiode - I liked this much more then last week. Oh - and I was glad Ryan didn't screw up!

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Trust me if you were 5'3" in real life and you work with men and women who are about 4 to 5 inches taller than you...you would wear them too even if it came across as unprofessional. I mean if Emily didn't wear them, she probably wouldn't fit into a screen shot with Eric or Natalia; all we would see is the top of her head!!!

Although, I do agree that one can still wear heels that don't quite look as though one couldn't trot to a spot!

8. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

About the heels thing — I know Emily Procter is short (I'm short myself!), but she never wore heels like that in Seasons 1-3 and she fit in the shots just fine. Besides, if she needs to wear heels during a two-shot or something, that's fine, but why the heck is the camera focusing on her 5-inch heels??? Just keep the shoes out of sight.

I mean, how is she supposed to RUN after the bad guys in those?? (or run away from them?) They're just not practical for law enforcement. I don't even work in law enforcement, and I'm about Emily's height, and I don't wear heels at all -they hurt and are uncomfortable. It really just makes no sense to focus a shot on her high heels.

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Agreed, Calleigh has always worn heels but it hasn't affected her work. I loved those scenes too! I agree the writers are doing a good job with Natalia's character

10. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Hell, Miami left normality behind a long time ago.

It's entertainment, designed to make the actors look visually appealing.

True, REAL CSI's (or SOCO's) do not wear heels. But they also don't enter a bloody crime scene without baggies on their feet, or floor blocks to raise them up. If Miami went to town on every little detail, there's be no point to the show except to educate.

This shows about entertainment.

As for the episode, is Miami on the slide back up to the 'acceptable' level? I hope it doesn’t slide back down again.

11. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

Exactly! There is a difference between the actress wearing heels to compensate for height on screen and the character wearing high-spike shoes that are best suited for a night out on the town to a crime scene. The fact that they focused on her shoes was more just using something sexy as a selling point, similar to the shirtless locker room scenes of the various guys that we've seen on all the CSI shows. The difference is that it isn't out of place for guys to change shirts in a locker room. It is out of place for a woman who has to chase bad guys with a gun, walk through sand, and walk around crime scenes with blood and glass to have spike heels on.

As for someone saying that anyone that short in real life would wear those, I have to disagree. If Calleigh's character were that insecure about herself, she likely never have passed the tests to become a police officer. And, in real life someone who wore shoes like that to a crime scene would have injured themselves somehow in the job she has. But then again I don't believe this really has anything to do with what the character would really choose.

Yes, they're using literary license, but not because they think someone could choose to wear those shoes in that situation. There's not a lot of sense in arguing that this show (or the other 2 CSI shows) don't often do things purely for the sex-appeal factor. At least they're equal opportunity and do it with both the men and the women! ;)

This is just one of those susupension of disbelief things about shows like this. It's funny that it's the women who complain more about the shoes, but we're probably not all that likely to complain about men's locker room scenes and some of the tight shirts, etc... on the guys. :D

12. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

I really have nothing to add - you all have said it so well! I just wanted to pop in (now that my internet is working again) to say I really liked this episode! The color du jour - yellow - was a nice pic and didn't detract from the tale. And what a tale it was! Natalia rocked this episode, especially her Quantum Leap moment when she got to put right what once went wrong. Valera cracked me up when she took away those 4 cans of glass :lol: H showed concern for his team again. I guess my only complaint is that horrid split screen stuff, but it didn't detract from the story too badly. The step-siblings grossed me out - ew! All in all, though, a good story told well. Good job, PTB!

oh, and only_true_love - thanks for the compliment! I rather like the puppy - you can almost feel his fur. :p