Episode #607: 'Chain Reaction' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Re: Episode #607 'Chain Reaction' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

i wonder how is H not more messed up...he has seen so many people die! I guess he is just so used to it by now

xfcanadian said:
I see it as the 'pimped out' csi.
:D
:devil: :devil:
Very descriptive. Can I borrow that line? Love it.
:lol: :lol:

I liked this episode! Then again, I don't watch "Miami" hoping to discover the next Shakespeare. I had a good time laughing at Frank snarking at Ryan and watching H try to deal with being a parent. DC had a lot of great expressions that just told it all. Natalia and the FBI guy made a great pair - wonder what she bailed him out of that made him owe her such a debt? The characters all got along as people who work together a lot do, and I'm really liking Le Brock as the new bad guy du season. When he stared at the ceiling and made Rebecca look like a fool I laughed so hard. "No, I don't see him." LOL This was a fun escapist hour.

HoratioStalker said:
I liked this episode! Then again, I don't watch "Miami" hoping to discover the next Shakespeare. I had a good time laughing at Frank snarking at Ryan and watching H try to deal with being a parent. DC had a lot of great expressions that just told it all. Natalia and the FBI guy made a great pair - wonder what she bailed him out of that made him owe her such a debt? The characters all got along as people who work together a lot do, and I'm really liking Le Brock as the new bad guy du season. When he stared at the ceiling and made Rebecca look like a fool I laughed so hard. "No, I don't see him." LOL This was a fun escapist hour.
:rolleyes:
I couldn't agree more, on each of your points. Great hour of escapism. "It is what it is". :p

Then again, I don't watch "Miami" hoping to discover the next Shakespeare.
Thankfully, I don't think any of us do that, or ever have done that. If so, what are we thinking, lol! ;)
Lucy said: The Radio Times reviews are so typical of the British sense of humour. If things try too hard to impress, we're usually pretty unimpressed! :lol:
So true! As I recall....
Radio Times review: If you're trying to be cool, you're not cool. CSI: Miami tries hard to be cool.

I liked the banter in this episode and the return of Ryan to the fold. Those were definite plus points. :) Otherwise, the Horatio drama...same old, same old, just add it to the angst list. :rolleyes:

Does anybody know the name of the song that is played at the start of this episode? (Not the Rihanna song, the one before it).

Do you know how bored I was with this episode? I was, y'know assembly my chair at the same time with the episode and chair got 70% of my attention and still I totally managed to follow the eppy.

I am highly annoyed of the whole Kyle storyline because there would have been so much old things they could have brought up *coughs* Suzie and Madison *coughs*

So first - dude, who on EARTH watches eclipse with no sunnies or anything? Didn't they teach at school that never look at the sun directly?

Second - is it my imagination or is Jake (ugggh) now becoming a reg for season 7 and whoawhoawhoa, now that they added Rex to credits last year he is getting less screentime. I mean, they added SM to credits in season 3 and all she got was less and less screentime and then written off the show :rolleyes:
I mean, I think the worst thing about Jake is the way he talks - he is [almost] worse than Kimi Räikkönen!

YOU BETTER NOT WRITE FRANK OFF THE SHOW OR I*LL... I WILL... ummm....something.

Ok, the funny part was when Stetler came to tell about the FBI stuff and H called and said to Rick "anything else?" - They should give Stetler more, more and more when he appears - like back in the good days - which means season 2.
Besides, there seriously is always some sexual tension between those two :eek: :eek: And if I can see it - it has to be there (my imagination doesn't work with 'see what i want so see' )

Oh and Alexx was lovely in the beginning :D

All I have to say about these first episodes that booooring - boring like the orignal and soon the only CSI show that I am interested in is CSINY - man how well they keep you waiting :eek:

I am highly annoyed of the whole Kyle storyline because there would have been so much old things they could have brought up *coughs* Suzie and Madison *coughs*
You and me both Ducky. It also wouldn't surprise me if Ray Jnr gets forgotten in favour of the all new, shiny Kyle storyarc. Hopefully the writers may prove us wrong somewhere down the line.

I'm seriously considering to stop reading the main reviews. Whoever writes them always gets me angry, because he/she always has something bad to say about the show. Stop nitpicking. It's a fictional TV show.

I disagree. A review is both critical and praising; believe me I have had a lot. As for it being a 'fictional show' that is exactly why a review is given. She is not going to review real life, although that would be kinda fun. I understand that negative comments can be upsetting but there are moments in all TV shows where the audience has to say 'that wasn't your best'. As a reviewer, she is offering her opinions and always supposrts them with reasons.

Just my opinion on the matter, though.

Jodie
xx

^ Definitely. Plus, it's the same with reading reviews here. There are events that were favorable and unfavorable to the audience and the reviewer has the right to express their pleasure/displeasure. ;) I've always found as well that the reviews on the main page view both sides of the matter whether I agree with what has been said or not. If we were all to have the same opinion about each episode, things would be pretty dull. Besides, the reviews on the main page don't necessarily represent the views and opinions of CSIFiles and its owners. :p

And of course like you said dogbert, if you don't like the reviews, there's nothing stopping you from avoiding them. ;)

I understand your stances, but my point is that while she occassionally says something positive, there is always something negative, even if it's a small error on the show's part. And while she does, of course, have the right to express her opinion, it's still a fictional TV show.

Things happen in the show that would NEVER, EVER happen in real life. Why is H, although Head of the Crime Lab, still a CSI, always the one first called to a shootout or attack? Such as in "One Of Our Own", when he and Delko tracked down Riaz, who had surface-to-air missiles. In real life, he and Delko would remain in the lab while the police officers handled it.
And H gunning down a countless amount of people - I would believe it if IA investigated him regularly and him somehow getting away with it. But IA rarely even interferes at all. So in "Inside Out", H shot a man both in the chest AND neck. So what? Just another day in Miami. But if a man with H's body count really existed, he would be either massively investigated and/or fired.

But you know what? It doesn't piss me off one bit, because I know the difference between fiction and reality. I don't know why this reviewer insists on shooting CSI: Miami to hell over little things like this. What does it matter to her? It takes place in a fictional world where cases are solved in a day or two, where DNA results are always accurate and are recieved in less than 2 minutes, and where almost everybody in the police force has sex appeal (especially Calleigh, who wears tight black leather to a crime scene :lol:).

It's just a show. And while I am a big fan of the show, you don't see me writing nitpicky reviews that attack even the slightest error. I enjoy the show for what it is.

^ I totally understand where you're coming from. However as the reviewer, it's her job to dissect the episode whether or not the show is centered in reality or la la land. If she were to only point out the best aspects of the show and ignore what is believed to be contrived, out of character, ghastly and so on, it would be a less than thorough examination of the episode. There are aspects about the show that are less than stellar and of course our opinions vary on what we find to be unfavorable. It just so happens that our resident reviewer doesn't ignore them. ;) So I agree with you, it's just a show, which is why a review is simply a review.

If you wish to discuss this with the reviewer herself, please send a PM to Top41 and she may be able to explain further. :) Or you may continue the discussion in the CSIFiles News Items forum, where her reviews are located.

Back