Episode #607: 'Chain Reaction' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Re: Episode #607 'Chain Reaction' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I thougth there was way too much going on in this epi...too many extra characters. All the prison stuff was a little boring for me, I was yawning. Horatio & his family members in danger is just getting really old, they need something new for him. Oh I know, he could possibly throw on a lab coat & actually work!!

Miami & all the beautiful people, my god, where do I start? I don't venture into fashion shows much but since when do the models slap handcuffs around a freakin' stripper pole as part of their show??? That was so stupid! Isn't it just walk, walk, flip your hair, give a look, & walk back!

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Except for Calleigh's merry christmas :lol: and some other little moments of the old lab (I mean where everyone is friend ;) ) I found this episode quite boring :(
    And as everyone said I'm just tire of this H's stuff.
    And how could he threatend the prisoner just to avoid other years in jail for his son???...and then he was standing at the courthouse room just to be sure that the prisoner obeyed to him.
    I didn't like it :( ...the same with the model.
    I want middle class families involved.

3. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

When was the last time we actually saw Horatio doing anything remotely related to science? :lol:

And I remember reading somewhere *Some english mag called Radio Time or something. Lucy will know - oh fountain of all knowledge :p* about how Miami is all about the beautiful people and not about the real people. How noone seems to care what you're like; as long as you look good, you can get anthing.

With all the modeling, this episode proved it.

4. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:confused:
    Personally, I like the Kyle storyline very much and don't understand all the gripes.
    :confused:
    We scream for more humanity from Horatio; then complain when we get it. We scream for more realism, then complain about too much interrogation. That's what cops do.
    ;)
    "It is what it is, it ain't what it ain't, don't make it what it's not" as Frank says. It's a Miami drama. There's too much of the bikinis and the models, etc., but that's what some viewers expect. You sure won't see that in LV or NY. It's what sets Miami apart.
    ;)
    Horatio has more humanity than the past 2 years, Ryan's back in the lab, Calleigh's got some smart remarks (and less cleavage, thank God), and Natalia is learning to shoot (I'm staying away from her).
    :)
    All in all, Season 6 is coming along nicely. Hope the strike doesn't stall it out.

5. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I personally like this episode. I loved seeing Ryan interacting with the team again. I do like seeing Horatio more human.....but it just seems like there is too much of him everyweek. Everything with him is so over the top.
    I do wish there were more real people and not models everyweek - but I do see your point.
    I do think I am enjoying this season overall.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I had no problem with another Horatio eppy, since the last 2 or 3 have focused on the others, with H in the background more. Even though this eppy and a lot of what happens in Miami is pretty fake, i loved it. I never expect it to be realistic, since i see it as the 'pimped out' csi. Show real people in an American tv show?? But american producers think people won't watch unless there are beautiful people on screen.

The case was pretty good...i actually had a lot of trouble trying to predict the outcome. I didn't see the drug thing coming, that was pretty creative. I like Kyle, its like H has his own 'mini-me' :lol: I can't believe they would put a 16 year old in a prison like that. Wouldn't that just make them more likely to commit a crime in the future?

I liked the commercial for next weeks eppy :D

7. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Lol, I'm not so sure about the knowledge part ;) but this episode made me think of the Radio Times reviews too. For example:
    For more of the same gems, here's the thread. :D

8. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

wow that clip last week of chain reaction was so miseading

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:)Oh, don't get me wrong, Im loving Kyle & I like Horatio's interaction w/ him; I just wish they would go a different route w/ it. The prison thing itself just seems stupid & unrealistic. I will admit H is different around little Kyle, his emotions are showing & I really like that. They just need to put Kyle somewhere else & then play off the daddy/son deal. I'd rather see Kyle living w/ his mom & H visiting on weekends or something like that, ya know..real life stuff.

10. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

That's the one! Ta Luce! ;) See, 'all knowledge....'

I love Kyle too. I hope we see more of him in later episodes.

11. Ally

Ally Dead on Arrival

Thanks so much for the description. It did help =)

^I second that ;)

I love to see Horatio, he's my favorite character. Of course too much drama starts to bother a little, but for me this isn't too much yet. And when it involves father/son moments, I just love it, whe get to see a emotional and worried father. :)

I loved this episode. Kyle was trying to look brave at the beggining when he said 'I'm not your snitch!', but when he said he wanted to meet his mom, he had such a inocent look. I guess he's fragile even if he's in jail and needs Horatio.

12. Della

Della Police Officer

Golly "Thank you", RedHot, that's really nice of you to say so indeed.

...and inthewind I completely agree with everything you said in your post.

I watch 'CSI Miami' because it's flamboyant and the scenery (minds out of gutter please - chuckle) and colouring is beauitful to look at. What also holds my interest is that the characters are just as strong and vibrant as the setting and I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying Season 6.

I admit that I was a bit concerned during Season 5 at times, but boy, they've certainly eased my concerns from the very beginning of this Season.

Horatio for me is the most interesting of all the characters so, I'm afraid, there's little chance of my ever being bored by what they have revealed about the character this season :) *prays it stays that way* - chuckle.

:)

13. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

You're welcome. :) The Radio Times reviews are so typical of the British sense of humour. If things try too hard to impress, we're usually pretty unimpressed! :lol:

14. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Where I have to sign ?! :)

Btw I think that Lucy have to update her 'Horatio's Tales Of Woe Angst List'. ;)

*update in bold* ;)

15. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Wait, so the dude set off the bomb, but who planted it? leBrock? When?