Episode #607: 'Chain Reaction' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Re: Episode #607 'Chain Reaction' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

This ep had me hooked from the beginning. I wanted to find out what happened.

The herion in the clothing was quite interesting, new ways of smuggling seem to be popping up all the time. Not to mention getting rid of someone because of jealousy.

Glad to see Ryan back full force on the case. He found the murder weapon right away. I love his live to Frank about needing help reading. Calleigh teasing him about hitting on the new girl and failing as cute and funny. Though getting stuck with AV duties now that Cooper is gone kind of sucked. ut he foundother case to deal with.

I like how H became proactive and did all he could to protect his son, not to mention getting LeBrock to work against the DA and have the charges dropped.

I give this ep a 9/10. Partcally because of the Ryan factor and ther other part because it was hard not to watch to find what happened.

2. i_heart_togo

i_heart_togo Dead on Arrival

this was the best epiosde this season (so far.) i loved how it kept you guessing about what was going to happen nextit have a little bit of everything. I loved what H did for his son kyle it shows that he is trying to be there and to save his ass. sooooooo glad Ryan is back loved all the screen time he got yay its good to see him back in the field and working in the A/V lab. The scene with Ryan and Frank was good glad that ryan got a warm welcome back. good to see how the put Natalia back in touch with the FBI ( glad to see it was for a case and not to spy on the lab) i give the episode 10/10

3. Ally

Ally Dead on Arrival

Can anyone please tell me what Horatio tells Kyle when he's in the prison's yard, with other prisioners exercising? I guess I missed that part..

4. Della

Della Police Officer

Horatio asks Kyle if he's staying out of trouble and then tells him that things are about to get a bit more complicated. Horatio then tells his son to trust no-one and when Kyle asks about Oscar, Horatio tells him that Oscar has a problem.

Hope that helps

:)

5. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

Anyone else tired of all the Horatio drama? I know I am. Time to bring Yelina back to at least make him almost bearable to watch.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I didn't like the episode.

One thing got me thinking with Kyle--He would never have been placed in that facility in the first place, nor would he have been tried as an adult in the state of Florida so that part completely takes away any realism the show had. (You just don't prosecute someone as an adult for allegedly conspiring murder, yet the suspect was coerced into the kidnap. Maybe if he was 17 or 18, but 16 is a little..Unbelievable.)

Anyway.

I'm tired of models. There has got to be some old people left in Florida, I'm sure. I know the producers from the CSI shows try to get a feel for their show's surroundings yet they always focus on the glam and not the down-and-out part of the cities. Miami has some very poor, dilapidated gang-ridden communities. There are also middle-class communities.

Newsflash: Not everyone in Miami is rich or in prison.

*sigh*

Is anyone else tired of the constant interrogations? I realize that's what most cops do because none of them are actually scientists, but the reason I loved this show was the mixture between the science and the police work. Now we get two minutes of noninvented technology to give us all the answers, no manual work aside typing on an invisible keyboard or the push of a button on something that looks like a hairdryer and TADA! Case closed.

I suppose the highlight was seeing Ryan back with the team, even though they all reverted back to three seasons ago with their petty newbie jobs. Whatever, if the writers want to run out of material, good thing they did it right when a strike started.

Rawr. Sorry, I just didn't like this one. *cough* But Kyle is cute. :eek:

7. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

No.

8. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Me either. It was all told from a 'cop' point of view, which I understand adds to the tension. But they are scientists, CSI's, they seem to be forgetting that.

Thankyou! Remember back in the good old days when Middle class America got a chance to shine. When it wasn't all high class glammer modles and rich bussiness men. Remember back when racial tensions were high? All these things made CSI:Miami, CSI:Miami. Without it, it's not as unique.

Now it's all about the poor little rich kids that Horatio has to rescue of avenge.

Not the best thing Miami has turned out.

One part I did enjoy was Frank 'bullying' Ryan. :lol: And sassy Calleigh "Merry Christmas". :D Again, the characters do well with what ever they have, for the most part. But there was a lot letting this one down.

9. RedHot

RedHot Witness

Ha ha ha, you couldn't put it better. Your review was wonderful.

10. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Florida actually tries more juveniles as adults than any other state. However, they would definately put him in protective custody since everyone knows he's a cop's son

11. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Just a quick question and perhaps this has been covered earlier but what was the deal with Rebecca and H? She seemed so bent on 'winning' regardless of whether the person was actually guilty or not. Also, what is your take on H telling her that Kyle is his kid? Why would he do that knowing that she has no particular level of integrity unless there is something in it for her? Wouldn't he be worried that after their break-up she might go after Kyle just to get at him too? Also, what did you get from her reaction to what she said? I couldn't decide if she acted like she didn't care or if she didn't beleive him and thought he was saying it just to manipulate her with the case. Odd episode. Jury is out for me on whether I liked it or not. I do so love the Horatio/Kyle dynamics and they could not have picked a better person to portray H's son. This kid has the soulful look down to a science. Oh, and gee...Stetler and H almost seemed to be on friendly terms? What was up with that?

12. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I took the whole thing w/H and Rebecca Nevins to be a continuation of their failed relationship - it makes H uncomfortable, which I think is cool. Also, I think everyone pretty much knows that Kyle is H's son after the kid was kidnapped - so I think Rebecca was showing disgust and indifference there. I loved her "look at me" line - here's one woman that H cared about and then dumped, and she's never forgotten it.

I think the tension between these two is greatt - there's not too many women left who H had a relationship with - they typically either die or disappear into oblivion. So Rebecca is kind of in a tough spot, and so is H. And I like how she's not giving into his "He's my son" thing. She's not going to be sympathetic towards him, and I think that's a good thing - keep H on his heels a bit.

I have no idea why they wouldn't set bail for Kyle or put him protective custody - it ma kes no sense. Pretty much everyone knows Kyle's H's son, so why not get the kid some real protection? And H is always bailing people out, so to speak - why not his own son? Maybe alll the money is still going to Suzie and Madddison ???/ ;)

13. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Yes! You are not alone. ;)
    Ah, yes, I remember that and I agree with you. :) Call me nostalgic, but the all new superficial CSI:Miami does little for me. That's why I like the dynamics between certain characters, because they are solely what holds my interest and the reason I keep watching.
    Again, yes. So predictable and really very dull to watch. My mind usually wanders elsewhere during those scenes.

14. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

I liked the characters in this episode. It was the only thing that held my interest. I'm with you on that ones Lucy :)

The plot? Not so much.

15. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I loved this episode!!! Horatio's frustrated parent moment was funny. When he pinched the bridge of his nose it's like he was thinking, "Oh God, now what?" It was so cute when he told Kyle to never lie to him again. The death stare he gave him was a little scary but I thought it was really cute. It's like he's ready to accept the challenge of being Kyle's father.

Frank and Ryan were so funny last night. I laughed so hard when Frank called Ryan his "favorite little dust monkey"! Calleigh and her Merry Christmas line was funny too. It's like their way of welcoming Ryan back to the lab. At least it's not a headless autopsy this time!!!