Episode #524 'Born To Kill' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I think I watched the wrong episode, there is no way that one was the season finale.

It's not the fact that there wasn't any cliffhanger, I can live with that, is just that it was like any other episode, nothing special to it to hang us to watch the next season.

This episode did nothing for me. I think the only reason I wasn't hugely dissapointed with it is because I refused to allow myself to have any expectations going in. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad episode. In fact, it would have made a fine mid-season episode. But where was that big bang that makes us want to come back next season?

Lets see... what can I say about this one: Well, I noticed a definate lack of Valera, Eric with a kid is the cutest thing EVER! (I'll sign that petition ;)). And that smile on his face when he picked her up. Aww. Stetler was being himself, as usual. Which I love. Aaannnnnd... that's about it.

This was a fairly weak and obvious finale. It's like an after thought they threw together on a whim. "Oh yeah, we need to do another episode. Let's whip up something real quick and shoot it this afternoon."

Ok, I was going to wait until I got home last night, but I'm so pissed I couldn't wait, so I'm doing this at work. (I hope I'm not sooo busted.) :)

Anyway, WHAT A LAME-ASS EPISODE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The TPTB lied about pretty much everything. I got excited when the last scene came on with H standing on top of that building. I was hoping someone would rush out and push him off, just so he would get hurt, like they promised us. I mean, at least have a pigeon crap on him or something while he was up there!!! Something to show us that H is not the Robo-H he has been all season. Please give us something to work with here, TPTB!!! But no. The only highlight of the evening was we got to see Stetler get in Ryan's face about his $6400 bank deposit and making him do all that extra work by the end of the day. That did make me smile. :D

OK, I'm done ranting for now. Just had to get that out. ;)
See y'all later tonight. :)

Hankster said:

2. Men that have XYY combos are STERILE. They don't produce any sperm due to this genetic defect. Yes, they can ejaculate and produce semen, but they can't produce sperm at all.

Sorry to disagree, but males born with XYY are not necessarily sterile, although there will probably be a reduction in the number of viable sperm and/or rduction in mobility. XYY males can and do father children, although their sons do not inherit the XYY defect.
Approx 1 in 1000 males born are XYY (Source Wikipedia)

So i heard a rumor that someone was going to get hurt. Well and it was right! Just not physicly. Eric watching Calleigh make out with someone must of hit him right there. *thumps chest* :(

Hankster said:
There were a couple of big scientific errors in last night's episode that kind of burned me up a bit:

1. Men that are XYY (have an extra Y chromosome) represent a larger proportion of the male prison population than the male population as a whole. While that doesn't mean that the genetic defect is predictor of crimnal behaviour, it is a fact nonetheless. This should have been mentioned.
That study was done in like the 70's. Since then that "Killer Gene" has been proven false.

This episode would have been nice, as was said above, as a mid-season episode or even a premier but a finale? Come on.

I did like the montage they usually have at the end with the entire cast doing their thing, and Horatio obviously gets more glorified each season so that was expected. I just didn't like how un-memorable the episode was compared to the rest of the season.

I liked the case, the premise was interesting as well as the actors who played each suspect. I liked how Ryan was connected to the case, but was also dealing with the fall-out of the previous episode. It was a pleasure seeing Stetler again. :D

The wardrobe was terrible, but that's okay. I didn't expect them to rectify that. At least they weren't matching. Although Calleigh was wearing all black and Eric was wearing all white. Um, blah. They're going for opposites in gradient now. :rolleyes:

All-in-all, it was alright. Except I'm getting a bit irritated when TPTB promise us with something and we can't trust a word they say because it always ends up being either a lie, not how they explained it, or it fizzled through the episode like a hangnail - There, but irritating and painful.

Not the best for a finale. There is nothing pulling me into next season aside from Calleigh's dilemma which was showcased at the end of the episode. They haven't offered me anything, satisfied me in any way, or left me hanging so there's really nothing I can look forward to. It didn't seem like this season was finished by the looks of that episode. :confused: (This was about as half-assed as 'Lost Son' - Interesting premise, but 'Hit & Miss' writing)

This season, however was much better than the previous one. A LOT better, in my opinion.

Not the best for a finale. There is nothing pulling me into next season aside from Calleigh's dilemma which was showcased at the end of the episode. They haven't offered me anything, satisfied me in any way, or left me hanging so there's really nothing I can look forward to. It didn't seem like this season was finished by the looks of that episode. (This was about as half-assed as 'Lost Son' - Interesting premise, but 'Hit & Miss' writing)

This season, however was much better than the previous one. A LOT better, in my opinion.
I agree, Geni. It would have been a good episode on it's own, but it was a terrible way to end the season, and as someone said above, it had a bit of a thorwn-together-at-the-last-minute feel to it :(

This season was better than the last by a long shot, but it's still got a ways to go before returning to earlier seasons quality.

It seems they decided to go out with a whisper rather than a bang. Let's hope season six delivers.

What a sad commentary it is that the episode, as a finale, was so weak that my husband and I actually had a minor disagreement over whether it was actually the season finale. He said it was not, could not be. That it did not have the feel of a season finale. Of course, he does not have the connections that I do (this board) and did not have the info to prove that it was indeed, and sadly so, the finale. I have a few questions with regards to the spoiled spoiler that we have been getting for weeks from Corey Miller and AD. (I will never believe a word from them ever again!) What happened to the cliffhanger that there was suppose to be in this episode? Is that suppose to be Calleigh/Eric/Jake? What happened to the plane crash and taking the felon back to his own jurisdiction? We're we just suppose to guess that actually happened from seeing H standing on a Heliport? Is this story with the XYY guy suppose to carry over into next season so we can pick up the stuff that seemingly was dropped from the episode? Like the plane crash...etc? That story seemed to be resolved so I am really confused. And since I'm on a rant here...someone please explain the whole Calleigh/Eric thng to me. Last week's epi made Eric seem to be rather okay with the fact that Jake and Calleigh were in contact. This week...he looked hurt? Also, Calleigh said she trusted Eric with her life and had visited him in the hospital when he was hurt, just like she did Jake. But she also said she "didn't know what her feelings were for Jake YET" I think the YET was pretty key here. And after Jake kissed her, the look on her face when she looked at Eric from the elevator seemed to be rather embarrassed, guilty, and if I'm not mistaken, it looked as though she had just figure out what her feelings for Jake WERE and what they WERE NOT for Eric.
Thought the ending was interesting though, in that we actually saw a snippet of each main character reflecting on whatever??? But it did not seem to say "We Never Close" to me anyway, in the way that the other Miami finales have. It seemed jumbled and disconnected and 'unfinished' and made me wonder somewhat about the fate of our show for next fall. For being the most watched, crowning glory of the CSI's, it really fell short and did not go out with a flash and a bang, as our H is known for, but more with a whimper.....
Hope I don't offend, these are just my opinions...but I raced home from a concert that my husband performed in and as it turned out, I could have well waited for the re-run.

i agree with all of you but the only part that felt like a season finale was the end. i thought they did it well so now it looks like natalia and ryan mite get together and eric will prolly be mad at calleigh.

silk said: But it did not seem to say "We Never Close" to me anyway, in the way that the other Miami finales have. It seemed jumbled and disconnected and 'unfinished' and made me wonder somewhat about the fate of our show for next fall. For being the most watched, crowning glory of the CSI's, it really fell short and did not go out with a flash and a bang, as our H is known for, but more with a whimper.....
Hope I don't offend, these are just my opinions...

I don`t think that your post is offended. ;) A lot peoples feel the same way about this season finale. I can write a lot angry and negative words for TPTB and this epi, but I just don`t care from very long time and don`t think to lose my free time this way.

btw hope ur hubby concert gone well and was fun :)

I think this episode was doomed from the start. Firstly, we had the spoilers for a plane crash, etc. And so, I'm not sure if that's been totally scrapped or the producers decided to carry it over to the season premiere or what. But either way, with all the mixed messages from various websites and what not, I think a lot of people were disappointed simply because it wasn't what we thought we were gonna be getting.

Perhaps this episode was thrown together at the last minute, since the plane crash was at least scrapped for now. *shrugs* I don't know. But it felt very rushed without much drama or thought. The whole XYY part was confusing, without a clear POV.

The Jake/Calleigh kiss was terrible, I thought. Without any chemistry. And seriously... why couldn't he die? :D He's annoying.

Really, the only part I found interesting was the Eric/Calleigh bits, and I don't even ship them.

I sort of agree with Geni. I mean this was a letdown, don't get me wrong...I wanted more than anything else to get Horatio hurt, even if it meant waiting all summer to see what happened to him, because it would just be too good...and I was extremely dissapointed. I've hired my friend Murphy to eat Ann Donahue. He's pretty good about things like that.

But, I have to say...if I hadn't heard that Horatio was going to die, I think I woul;d have placed this finale right after the season 2 finale. I might be alone here, but I liked it. First off, I loved, and I mean squeeing, fangirly madness love, Ryan doing paperwork in that hot outfit with that hot hair and those gorgeous expressions on his face and Stetler coming in and out was funny, sweet, and just incredible. Ryan was awesome in this episode, and I also loved how Boa Vista's really been there for him, even when he was so mean to her after she was revealed as the mole. When she sat down to help him at the end I melted. I am going to scream it really loud- I LOVE RYAN WOLFE!

I thought Horatio looked extremely amazing. He looked like 30, with his hair looking nice, a nice suit, he looked thinner, and not too many wrinkles...the miracle of makeup, and the Miami sun. It's the humidity, we don't have that here in LA so he looked way better with nice, more hydrated hair. :lol: I sound so weird. But I thought he looked incredible, anyway.

And a child! I screamed when Frank said 'the kid.' H got to be sort-of his old self, and we got a really sexy sitting-on-the-dock water shot. My photoshop senses are tingling. That was great, I thought the actor who played Noah was really cute and did a great job, and Horatio had a good interaction with him. Onward with the old/new H! *raises fist*

Calleigh and Eric fighting...I'll stay un-shippy but I didn't like it. I mean, Eric wasn't being fair, Calleigh and jake are friends and she'd visit her friends in the hospital. Eric should be better than that, and not let whatever feelings he may or may not (staying un-shippy) have for Calleigh stay out of the way. Though he must have had his heart broken when she kissed Jake (though it looked to me like he kissed her and she was just a bit shocked by it all, but that might just be the shipper in me talking. I don't know and I'm not going for or against a ship here, just what I thought I saw)

I really liked the lighting, the panning in and out of the cameras too. All the extra stuff was good, as in the lights, sound, camera angles, wardrobe, ect ect. Spot-on, crew. *raises thumb*

The end was great for me, and takes place second, next to season 2, among season finale enders. Of course, who would top 'Loves Divine?' No one. BUT that song was amazing, and I'm headed straight for iTunes once the net at home is back up. I loved the ending, from natalia sitting down next to Ryan, the look on Ryan's face, Alexx putting wawy the bodies, even Eric and Calleigh...and ah, Horatio. he looked majestic (this must have been the 'Rio' connection, H high and mighty) and while it migth add to the whole Super-H thing, he looked good, the music was great, and it really just made me feel good- happy, like music should make you feel, staring at an amazingly good looking guy. :lol: I actually loved that part.

Overdone on the watching the girls get murdered part, and the scene where the girl pushed her sister down the stairs was terrible acting on all of their parts, but it was still a great finale IMO. :D Can't wait for next season!

I think I must be one of the few people that liked the episode. I didn't care for Stetler's presence, but I think he's pure evil, so that's just me.... As someone who has taken a couple of film classes, I thought the scene at the end was very remniscient of the opening scene of "Rio" and a great way to bookend the season. Plus, there were hints of Eric remembering the events of "Rio." I'm disappointed that there was a little bit of a cliffhanger, with the exception of an emerging triangle. Overall though, I thought the episode was interesting and well-directed. Of course that being said, I know lots of people will disagree with me, especially since I'm not one of the ones that wanted Horatio near death.

Back