Episode #501 'Rio' ***RE-AIRING DEC 4, 2006***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2006.

1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Re: Episode #501 'Rio' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Sorry Lucy. Once again I need to hush I guess. :)

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

^ That's okay katpin. No need to hush. ;)
    No worries CW. Thanks for editing your post. :)

3. athlov

athlov Guest

About weight loss: MyLJ

I was thinking about this article when I was watching the ep. When I first saw Ryan I was like, "He lost weight!" and I wondered why. He looks great, don't get me wrong, but do actors have it as bad as actresses?

I don't know if he felt he should lose weight to look good, or if it was just incidental to the change in routine over the hiatus.

But anyway, I was thinking about this article. :p

4. IvoryRaven

IvoryRaven Police Officer

Hm, alright, I have a slightly different take on the Ryan-being-harsh-to-Natalia thing. While I think his personal comment near the end of the episode was based pretty much in his feelings of betrayal, I took his stern attitude to be almost a way of trying to teach her things he never had the opportunity to learn.

As far as we saw, Ryan never had any sort of formal training and was kept on a fairly long leash even from the beginning of his career as a CSI. At that time, I think he was probably wishing that someone would just tell him what to do, teach him, but he never had that. So, though he's harsher than he has to be in his comments to her, maybe he's (in part) trying to provide the instruction and guidance that he never had as a trainee, and therefore prevent her from repeating mistakes he himself had made. I'm not saying that his intentions were completely altruistic, but subconciously he might have been taking on the role of knowledgable teacher.

5. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

I'm still getting over the shock that the let Boa Vista become a CSI field agent, after all she put the lab through. I don't think ryan was to hard on her. She needs to learn what to do and what not to say...She does a lesson in what not to say and what to say, Its for the protection of the lab. She just needs to be gratefull H wasn't there. ;)

6. Neteret

Neteret Dead on Arrival

I get the feeling most people here do not like BoaVista so, why give her air time?

Re: my remark about getting DC a trainer? I meant a physical trainer, someone who could show him the quickest best route to slimming down with exercise. Poor guy, after a lifetime of being slender, he can't be happy with all that weight. Older and thicker, we expect but, take it from one who's been there, there is a point, as we age, where the weight truly becomes a burden. I don't expect him to be his willow whip slender of the first season but speaking as a former health professional, and from personal experience, for his sake, his health, his own self esteem, he really should lose some weight.

7. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

Did anyone notice that for the TV guide large shot of David Caruso (fall preview) that they used a promo shot from last year? (Season 4) That confused me. I guess he was not available for season 5 promo shots so they just took ones from last year. I did think he looked a little better in Rio then he did at the end of last season. I wonder what had caused him to gain weight. Maybe men go though that hit a certain age and weight sneeks on like us woman? I am not sure. Did he do that quickly or was I just to dense to see it?

I am on the fence about Rio. Maybe I need to watch it again but alas I did not tape it. Stupid me. Should of known I would have to analyze it to death. I loved the shots of Rio. They were beautiful and stunning. Horatio at the christ statue landmark was sort of confusing to me. In reality its a huge mecca type thing and would be crowded with people but Horatio was by himself doing that kneeling thing. It was technically a wonderful shot (I love cinimatography) but I did not understand the bases of why Horatio was on his knees. I would say he was probably praying but the pose he did was not normal for just praying.

I have issues of how fast the story line went but oh well that is what they chose to do. Frankly I am still digesting the episode but I think I liked it. I was just too excited to see a new episode that I guess I would of taken anything. Lets see how the new season pans out.

Rebecca

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Because Ann D adores her, and think so does viewers.

9. Juma

Juma Police Officer

actually a lot of people like Boa Vista, they're just not as vocal about it.
    Besides, let's give her a chance!
    She brings a new element to the show and moves the waters.
    I just totally hated the mole-good-mole story line

( I still think someone changed their minds on who the mole was about halfway through the season), but I'm willing to move on

( and hoping for some more background info, like the part that the investigation was going on for ages before BV came to work at the lab)

and hope for a great Season 5.

And if at the end of S% you don't like her, just love to hate her instead!

10. markoajda

markoajda Civilian

Loved the first episode! Calleigh was great in her role. :)

11. kjoker

kjoker Witness

super caine is back!!

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah except she's wrong as usual. :rolleyes:

I liked the episode as well, but it was because of the case B,(And Yelina) not because of the Brazil madness. I thought that storyline was contrived and glorified Horatio once again, even though he murdered two people in this episode purely out of revenge, when he could have just arrested them. That was unacceptable. He was lowered down to the standards of most petty criminals who think they can get rid of someone simply by killing them, and washing their hands clean of the murder by saying "He deserved it."

:rolleyes:

13. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I re-watched the ep cause I couldn't remember some things. :) Now, grant you H probably did have revenge on his mind but, Riaz went after H and H knifed him in self defense. :D Eric was fighting with Riaz when H shows up. All three are standing and then Riaz runs towards H to stab him and H instead stabs him. :D Also the second time H told Ray to put the gun down and he did. Once he did the bad dude(can't remember his name now :))
    brought his gun back up to shoot Ray & that's when H shot & killed him. He was protecting Ray then.

I'd like to think if Riaz & the other guy hadn't did what they did that H would have arrested them but, then who knows. I can be wrong here. :D Okay that's about how I remebered it but, there again I could've remembered wrong. Since it was yesterday that I re-watched it. :lol:

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

You do have a point katpin. :) - I guess it depends on your interpretation of the scenes. But you're right. ;)

15. Haylie

Haylie Rookie

so i sent corey a huge thank you afterr the season premiere. out of all the shows i seen that have a revenge episode in them csi miami to me felt the best. and yea i was all about that in the season premiere.