Episode #501 'Rio' ***RE-AIRING DEC 4, 2006***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Rebecca_V

Rebecca_V Rookie

Re: Episode #501 'Rio' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Okay....I watched CSI:NY and am gonna watch CSI tonight. I noticed that both those showes have their leads in relationships but not Miami. Oh well I perfer it if they were not in relationships because I want the shows to be about the science and cases. I realize that Miami was always an action paced show formulated from the cop shows of 70 and 80's and I enjoy that but I liked the fact that they did not blatently put them into relationships. (Like showing them in bed with people) What do you guys think? Since Horatio lost both his wife and brother I think that he is gonna be a loner for a while yes?

Rebecca

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well, that really depends on what the writer's intentions are. I remember Ann Donahue saying in an interview posted here that "Horatio has to stay single" because that's the way it's always been. - Don't quote me on that until I find the interview.

However, I don't mind that Miami has been so differentiated from the other CSIs. That's what's made Miami so popular - You can stick it in a crowd of shows and still pick it out in a millisecond.

Even though Yelina has been brought back in the picture, I think it'll be some time before we see that old spark flare again, so I'm on the fence with a relationship for our leading man. ;)

3. csi_chick90

csi_chick90 Dead on Arrival

this had just popped up in my head --

did the storyline in the premiere on monday night ever go into detail about how Ray Sr. was involved with riaz and why he was killed? because i was just so star-struck with the other stuff going on in the show that i didn't catch anything about why ray had gotten killed.

if there was nothing mentioned, then is it possible it will get cleared up later on this season, or just dropped . ? because we all know how the writers lovve to do that.

4. alexx91

alexx91 Victim

Hi! I'm Rebecca and I'm new. (I'm Italian then forgive my English)
    I can't see the fifth season of CSI Miami, because in Italy we are watching the fourth season.
    I would want to know if in this season Yelina will return definitively.
    Thanks, Rebecca

5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Hi alexx91 and welcome to the Miami Forum. :)

Yelina was in the Season premiere of the 5th season and we're fairly sure she will be back later in the season. We don't have confirmation of this yet though.

Also, just to let you know that your signature banner is too large. The maximum allowed size is 220 x 75 pixels. Please could you reduce it. Thanks. :)

6. CSI_Chic

CSI_Chic Police Officer

I like the season premiere. I realized that you don't want to mess with H, or you'll end up dead....
    Of course Eric and Ryan we're look as good as ever. :D

I don't like the idea of Boa Vista becoming a CSI.. :(

7. Laci Caine

Laci Caine Prime Suspect

I actually liked the way that Horatio was. Even though I prefer the H from season 1,2, and 3. (I won't even get into season 4!) But I actually liked how he acted.

As for Boa Vista becoming a CSI. That gave me a headache. Seriously. How the heck do you go from working cold case files to being a CSI? Ah, but this is Miami after all. I can't say that I dislike her, but... on some level she just annoys me. She should have known what to say and what not to say to that kid. Especially after he said "He killed her."

*Shakes head* I can't believe she's a CSI. If I knew it was that easy in real life I wouldn't be in college working my butt off! :lol:

8. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

I feel let down........Rio had two-parter written all over it.
    The only thing that saved it were the stunning visuals and the gorgeous Emily Proctor.

I don't think I'd notice if Horatio upped and moved to Brazil with Yelina leaving Calleigh in charge.

Overall, rating the three CSI premieres, I'd have to put this third with CSI: LV at No. 1

9. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

I've just watched it (well, sort of, I ff all the inbetween Ryan bits). From the posts on here, I got the impression he was really evil to her, but he wasn't as bad to BV as Calleigh was to him in 'Recoil' - OK, so that was ep21 rather than 1, but he wasn't aware of protocol, so his training had been a bit hit and miss. BV, on the other hand, admitted she knew she should have been more careful in what she said.
    Whether he's right to blame BV for having to hurt people he loves (such as the scene where Alexx realises she'd been under 'suspicion' of being the mole is a superb piece of underacting - rather than rant it was almost inaudible, and heartbreaking for that. Ryan's pain at having hurt her was also 'underplayed', and just as effective) is another thing entirely. But then, aren't we all guilty of that at time.
    Think I'll revisit the 'Very Beautiful' again.

10. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

I'm not the only person who noticed that then :D Can someone tell me why they keep running with this idea H can disappear into thin air? Not being mean, but he's a middle aged man with flaming red hair in the middle of Brazil, not a ninja finely trained in the art of disguise. It's almost as bad as the shoot-out in the finale, where bulletproof H takes on three armed guys.

Or why they had him kneeling in front of the Jesus statue at the beginning of the opening credits? It just seemed...very weird. I love H, but I'm hoping he goes back to being...human.

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

[​IMG]

12. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Okay, that made me crap myself laughing only slightly less than watching the finale/opener did. You bad, Dynamo!

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

'Rio' will be re-airing tonight, 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS.

Short recap:

HORATIO AND DELKO GO TO BRAZIL IN PURSUIT OF MARISOL'S KILLER, ON A REBROADCAST OF THE FIFTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, DEC. 4

Information courtesy of The Futon Critic

14. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I enjoyed watching it again. Saw some things I apparently missed first time around. It was goooood.

15. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I finally got to watch that episode. And am less confused now about Horatio being a widower.

And if Yelina does return I hope that it's not just so they can take her away from Horatio. I've noticed that about the show they love to give them love interests and then rip them apart.

I'm not much on shipping but I love how these two interact together it really does give true love defination.

I did love the helicopter landing scene when Horatio came up behind Riaz (while he was on top of Eric trying to stab him) and stuck the knife to his neck.