Episode #419 'Driven' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

To those that didn't care for last nights story line and think the writing sucks, maybe we should all email cbs and tell them what we think....

MedicWarrickLvr said:
I have to wonder if the writer's of this show are losing their minds or if they all have serious drug addictions or what. This just gets more and more insane.

I agree. They must be smoking something because the story lines are getting worse and worse. God...I wish they would bring back Speed.

I cannot POSSIBLY be the only one that actually noticed the purple thing, right? Did you guys go colorblind after Ryan showed up?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/websteele/purple_eric.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/websteele/purple_ryan.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/websteele/purple_dude.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/websteele/purple_dan.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/websteele/purple_calleigh.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/websteele/purple_stetler.jpg

Calleigh's arguable, I suppose... it'd be a very dark purple. But it was enough for me to go "Wait a minute, is there some serious significance going on here?" I figured I'd look around online and find out the cast was wearing purple on purpose... like maybe March is Gay Awareness Month? (No offense intended, just remembering that whole teletubby thing from a few years ago... >.>)

Nope...you weren't the only one who noticed it, I'm not sure if you've read back through the posts, but a lot of us commented on it.. ;) Last week it was 'everyone wear orange', this week purple seems to be the color of choice.

oh...btw, thanks so much for posting the screencaps, you seriously just made my night. ;)

BowserBabe said:
I cannot POSSIBLY be the only one that actually noticed the purple thing, right?
Nope, I noticed it too. Actually, the first line on my earlier post in this thread was "Today's color is purple!"
I guess the wardrobe department saw a theme and ran with it :lol:

BTW, thanks for the caps! :)

ETA: dang it, now I've got 'Purple Rain' stuck in my head!! :lol:

Perhaps they wanted to be all Tinky-Winky this week. (wearing purple)

anyways, I apologise for using a bad word next.

CANNOT BE FUCKING TRUE! I know it's just a tv show but do they have to ruin it like that? I mean, everything what Aerosol said in the end was ok...except the baby thing. I mean geez, the chick is dying and she wants a baby?

"Hey everyone! I'm Aerosol, I have cancer and I'm dying. But I want a baby because I never got one. I know I'll get pregnant easily and it doesn't matter even the baby doesn't have mother when I die. I just want a baby. Like I care what happens when I die. I just want it. Me wants!"

First. You don't get pregnant by just snapping your fingers (I mean sometimes it can't take long and not... gosh, you get my point). Then, last time I checked it lasts 9 months, Aerosol doesn't have more than... a few months left? And I've always thought pregnancy isn't that you live your life just like you've used to but your tummy is just getting bigger for 9 months.

I still wonder how Aerosol looks like. A few years ago my friend was diagnosed with leukemia. She started her treatments, she lost all her hair, even her eyebrows. She is very pretty young woman, could be a model, but she still lost her hair, weight and eyebrowns. (She btw got bone marrow transplant and is getting better)

Ah well, but CSI Miami does't have ugly or even normal looking women. Wait... if USA is the fattest country in the world... how many fat people you've seen in CSIM? Tell me...

So this part of CSIM, it's going really stupid and I just hope when season 4 ends, this has been just nightmare and in season 5 we see again the good old CSIM.

Ok. to the episode. So I wasn't only one who "missed" Mr. Nipples/Snake Lady fight? I mean, if they decide to cut the episode, they should cut it so well that you don't get "wtf?" feeling in some scene. Like now with Mr. Nipples and Snake Lady. They could have done the scene again, take Snake Lady off and leave just more Valera there.

Ryan should get his hair back. He is so hot with a gun and would be even hotter if they gave his hair back :D *huggles Ryan*

Calleigh. I started to think when I watched the episode. Even they haven't give much storyline for her this season so far, but think of the positive side! Because no storyline - they haven't ruined her character! Yay! It's the same old Calleigh - kicking ass as usual :D *does a happy dance*

Frank. Oh I just love him. I love him and who doesn't love? Continue Miami like this and it's Frank who gets all my love (along with Calleigh)

Stetler. Why so little Stetler? :( I want more Stetler! Gosh, was it really needed to bring him in just for that?

Mr. Nipples. I think first episode where I liked him. Why didn't H let him to go hospital? I thought H also knows how to collect evidence and process the crime scene. If I was Eric, I'd done this

Eric: Screw you H! You and your holy sunnies will stay here on scene and I go to see ma sis! *pushes H and leaves*
H: But Eric...
Eric: YOU HEARD ME! START SWABBING!

Otherwise it was quite good episode (if you leave that baby part off). There was lots of pretty cars :D and storyline got forward smoothly. Oh one question. When they looked for fingerprints from first home invasion... erm... couldn't there be like lots of some other fingerprints? Or is it when a killer/robber/whatever goes to somewhere, all other fingerprints disappear and all that is left is the bad guy's fingerprints?

*breaths*

Luce, was this long enough? :p

Well, I read through most of the posts and didn't notice anybody mention anyone besides just Eric and Ryan wearing the purple... that's why I said.

After Ryan I started LOOKING for people wearing purple, lol. Maybe just because I noticed Eric as much as I did... usually he doesn't really show up on my good-looking radar, but I thought his shirt was pretty nice this week.

The color of Ryan's shirt didn't do much for me, but the tight t-shirt? More yes please!

Yes, I'll second the Ryan hair comment. I loved it longer. He was all cute and adorable. ;)

Ok I am watching this episode now. Judging from what you all have posted about the epi.. wish me good luck. :)\

edit:

Oh I just finished the show. :D Not as bad as I thought.. Not that it's great, but it's ok I guess.. CSI:Miami never really makes sense most of the time anyway. Tho H/M puts me off quite a bit. The H/C shipper in me is crying loll. I won't mind Yelina, she's fine with H, but M and H just don't click! Oh well. I am a H fan but whatever they did to him, he seemed so out of character and it's rather gross. Wellz. Guess I should be happy if H is happy.. :confused: Tho I think he'll be better off and happier with either C or Y. :(

Anyway. Yes the Purple Wardrobe! It's quite cool actually, almost everyone's wearing purple! :lol: Wonder if it'll be green the next episode? 'Cos I really love the colour green. :D -images H in a green bow tie and green-framed shades- :lol:

Calleigh is so sweet! :D Makes me go *aww..*

^ Stetler looks like he's wearing lipstick! :lol:
Luce, was this long enough? :p
Excellent Ducky. :D I'll give you 9 out of 10 for your review, and the episode 5 out of 10. :rolleyes:

With regards to the whole Marisol baby thing (ugh), I can't help thinking back to Ann Donahue's comment on the Season 2 dvd interview. She said:

"I'm impatient as a viewer. I'm impatient as a writer - in terms of don't bore me. Confuse me, anger me, but don't bore me on screen. As soon as the audience is ahead of you, they're bored and I don't want them changing tunes".

Well, I guess this current revelation is hardly boring - ridiculous, contrived, but not boring. The main problem for me is that it is such an insult to the viewer's intelligence. A terminally ill woman wants to have a baby, and H thinks this is a good idea? :confused: Is this not incredibly irresponsible? Or is her life no longer in danger and the writers have forgotten to tell us?

As for H not allowing Eric to go to the hospital and see his sister, I really was appalled by that. Will the real Horatio please stand up, because that wasn't him. :(

:lol: The purple theme! I love purple but that's so absurd it's like a comedy show. I think the wardrobe manager got kidnapped by Barney. Maybe Spongebob Squarepants will take over next.

What actually happened to the scene between Delko and Natalia in that episode? I haven't watch it so please someone enlighten me. Thanks.

I got so agitated when Mari-Aerosol said something about fighting the stupid cancer. Yeah right, she can win the Best Fighter Award coz look! She's dazzling! Organizations, universities and what not around the world should invite her to give talks on how to look like the healthiest woman in the universe even when you have end-stage cancer. If this is a fairytale, ok I can accept that but hello....this is CSI! Real people fighting cancer would be so offended.

I agree totally with you guys who said H and Mari-Aerosol have no chemistry. They have none at all. I saw the screencaps and they just looked like H's talking to any Jane out there. I'd say H has more chemistry with Calleigh than with Mari-Aerosol(and that's not coz I'm a DuCaine shipper).

I SO love IvoryRaven's idea that Mari-Aerosol is actually a scheming con artist. That would make sense why she looks so healthy, the big house and all. And that would make it the best plot ever and S4 will all be well again. :rolleyes:

Lucy said:
^ With regards to the whole Marisol baby thing (ugh), I can't help thinking back to Ann Donahue's comment on the Season 2 dvd interview. She said:

"I'm impatient as a viewer. I'm impatient as a writer - in terms of don't bore me. Confuse me, anger me, but don't bore me on screen. As soon as the audience is ahead of you, they're bored and I don't want them changing tunes".

Well, the huge plot holes definately confuse me and this new storyline would anger me if I hadn't learned to take this show as a comedy.

Hi all Wanted to put two cents in again so please bare with me and see if this makes sense. :lol: I've read at another board that just because M said she wanted a baby & H said she still could have one didn't mean he'd be the one to father it. What alot of folk is upset is the way they're handling the cancer story. Myself I still say there's no passion there but oh well..... I think I've beat this topic to death enough....... :D

Back