Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Emiy/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Wow Emily is really serious about becoming a mom this year :). I really hope everything goes well and she can have her desire of becoming a mom realized :).

Now about Calleigh becoming pregnant...this is a tricky one for me. I'm more inclined to not want that to happen but not because I think it would be out of character. I think that even independant, strong, job-driven women could desire to become mothers. The few times Calleigh has interacted with children (I remember the red-haired girl a few seasons back) she has been very sweet and nurturing. Having said that I do think Calleigh has a soft spot for children and wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to become a mom. Even though Calleigh has always been a tough as nails character she has also been a sweet and loving one. It is this great balance that really draws me into the character. So given that, I do think it wouldn't be a long stretch for her to want to be a mom.

However I do think that repeating a storyline so similar to NY's and so quickly after wouldn't look too good in terms of creativity. Though maybe they could write the pregnancy in and have the baby die giving it some twist or something, but that's just so cruel and sad :(. Also, NY and Vegas are more character's-personal-lives driven than Miami and that storyline seems so deep character wise that I just can't see them doing it. But IDK, maybe all of this comes from my little desire to be a mom and have nothing to do with the show :p. Though Eric as a dad would be adorable :adore: But like csifann1 said we'll see what the writers can work out and maybe we'll even be pleasantly surprised :).

Hey I just noticed our thread says "Emiy", not "Emily" :lol:
Yep, I just noticed that too, but it looks I can't edit the title. So I'll be asking a mod to do that ;). Thanks, anyway :)

I would love to see Ryan and Valera's reaction to her pregnancy. Fantastic episode to hopefully look forward to :guffaw:
Totally agree with you!
I soooooooo can picture Ryan jumping all around the lab yelling "I'm going to beeeee uncleeeeeee". That's how my Ryan would react :D

As for Valera, I'd say she would be giggling the whole time. Same thing also for our poor Natalia :D

I, for one, would NOT want to see Calleigh pregnant. It's just not Miami. And, although I want Emily to have everything she desires, with her given personality that we've gotten to know over the years, do you honestly think she'd come back to the show once she had a baby? She strikes me as a stay at home mom. I don't think we'd ever see her again.

I, for one, would NOT want to see Calleigh pregnant. It's just not Miami. And, although I want Emily to have everything she desires, with her given personality that we've gotten to know over the years, do you honestly think she'd come back to the show once she had a baby? She strikes me as a stay at home mom. I don't think we'd ever see her again.
Thank you so much for stating the above :thumbsup: IDK, probably I'm just among the few people who really have a hard time picturing the protagonist of a show....pregnant.
I mean she's the lead female on the show and I would have a difficult time with her being in that condition with all the others making a fuss of her. It' just way out of context even on this show....not to mention that my Calleigh would be killing everyone in the lab just b/c they made a fuss of her :lol:

And I do agree that once Emily is pregnant and they give her the maternity leave, she will NEVER come back on the show. I mean she's been waiting for the moment for a while, that I have a really hard time picture her coming back immediatly right after she had had her grace.....a kid ;).
No way! Once she has the kid (I truely wish her the best and a kid, I'm sure 100% she will be a great mother) she'll dedicate most of the time to him/her and the other activies she's involved in (charities, I mean). But I highly doubt she'll ever get back on the show, knowing that she's been waiting for this moment to come.

IDK, I just can't see her desiring something and once she has it (gosh it sounds horrible to use "it" for a baby *ahem*) doing something else as if it were just a toy.
No way, she wants to have children and a stable man to be there for her, as a family even if it's not a marriage. Once she has both of them, there's no way she's going to let them go. ;)

At least this is the Emily Procter I've learned to know in these years ;)

I agree with not wanting to see Calleigh pregnant yet. I think it's too soon into her and Eric's relationship, and I think it would take up too much of the spotlight. I love Calleigh, she's my favorite character, but Ryan, Natalia, and Frank could use some loving right now.

I think it's possible to have a pregnant character on a TV show and not have it take up the spotlight, but I don't think it's probable, at least not in this case. It's Miami, where everything is glitzy and blown out of proportion. And that's part of the reason I like the show, but there's a line between enough and too much. Pregnant Calleigh would cross the line if they chose to go down that road.

I may be in the minority, but I could imagine Calleigh being a mother...eventually. I could see her as a working mom. I think she loves her job too much to give it up.

And if Emily gets pregnant, I would really love it if she came back to the show after she has the baby (or babies, twins/triplets/multiples happen!). Full-time would be my first choice, but even the occasional appearance would be great. I know that this may not be possible, or may not be what Emily desires, and that's totally understandable. I just thought I'd mention what I would like to happen in My Perfect World. And in it, Emily gets pregnant, they hide her baby bump behind tables and counters until she goes on maternity leave, and they make up some story that takes Calleigh on another case or something somewhere else (but not pregnant!), and then Emily comes back for season 9. Or something like that.

But ultimately, I want Emily to get pregnant if that's what she wants, and I want Calleigh's uterus to stay uninhabited. And whatever Emily wants to do in terms of the show is fine with me, as long as she's happy. :)

Holy moley, that's the 5th one page essay I've written today (no joke!)

Thank you so much for stating the above :thumbsup: IDK, probably I'm just among the few people who really have a hard time picturing the protagonist of a show....pregnant.
I mean she's the lead female on the show and I would have a difficult time with her being in that condition with all the others making a fuss of her. It' just way out of context even on this show....not to mention that my Calleigh would be killing everyone in the lab just b/c they made a fuss of her :lol:

And I do agree that once Emily is pregnant and they give her the maternity leave, she will NEVER come back on the show. I mean she's been waiting for the moment for a while, that I have a really hard time picture her coming back immediatly right after she had had her grace.....a kid ;).
No way! Once she has the kid (I truely wish her the best and a kid, I'm sure 100% she will be a great mother) she'll dedicate most of the time to him/her and the other activies she's involved in (charities, I mean). But I highly doubt she'll ever get back on the show, knowing that she's been waiting for this moment to come.

IDK, I just can't see her desiring something and once she has it (gosh it sounds horrible to use "it" for a baby *ahem*) doing something else as if it were just a toy.
No way, she wants to have children and a stable man to be there for her, as a family even if it's not a marriage. Once she has both of them, there's no way she's going to let them go. ;)

At least this is the Emily Procter I've learned to know in these years ;)

You know, I wondered about that and I think you're right. But she was the one that spoke with the writers [well, at least it says in the article] 'bout a pregnant Calleigh so that's weird, you know what I'm saying? I mean, I agree that she will want to spend her time with the kid, and knowing Emily, it'll be that way but, I mean, I think she wants to stay in Miami. Maybe she'll ask for less scenes, you know, like Natalia screentime this season *:rolleyes:*, IMO. But, we're all speculating :lol:

I wonder what Emily would have to say about us analysing her possible pregnany and bringing it on-screen with Calleigh...no matter what, she's usually happy with anything people say, but I really want to know, if she even reads, which I doubt.

I wonder what Emily would have to say about us analysing her possible pregnany and bringing it on-screen with Calleigh...no matter what, she's usually happy with anything people say, but I really want to know, if she even reads, which I doubt.
Trust me, she doesn't usually read forums, websites or other things like this. But I can tell you that we're not talking badly about her (I mean we're all more than happy for her to have kids) and we're not judging her for her coming choices ;)

I do think there's nothing wrong in what we're saying even if we're very close to cross line. I mean she said she would love a pregnant Calleigh and we're just talking about this kind of possibility....whether we like it or not ;).

As for Emily's prospective pregnancy, yeah I do think we should stop talking about it since, at the moment, she's not pregnat. It is just a speculation on Emily's desire ;)

She wants to have kids? Very good! I'd be really happy for her in case she succeded :thumbsup:
I don't think we should add anything else because yeah we don't know anything else ;)

Since she's apparently speaking with the writers on the subject and vetting it in the press, is it possible that she suspects that she might already be pregnant? I mean, reason dictates the possibility, right? I, for one as a fan, would mourn it if it were true. She could easily leave the series and never return. She's a very family oriented person. Yet, if she signed the standard contract which concisits of a two year commitment, then she would have to be back for at leat the totality of season 8 as well as all of season 9. But, at that point, we could very well see the end of Calleigh Duquesne.

Thestion remains if it is of herown mind or that of the boyfriend feeling his mortality and wanting a boy to carry on the family name? Yes I'm a staunch feminist with very definte concepts of bearing children and not to satisfy the male ego....not ever meant to insult Emily. Just my views as a Special Education provider and can know far too well what can happen at such a late pregnancy to the child as well as to the mother.

In my eyes, seeing what I've seen, having your first kid past 35 is just dangerous, having your first after 40 is unadvisible and having one beyond that is selfish and foolhardy because of the birth defects that accumulate beyond the female's ovum viability. I would never dream at having a child at my stage in life. The birth defects are staggering. I would never wish that on Emily, her partner, but most importantly, her child. I see it every day and it's heartbreaking. I don't want her heart to break. I'm only 18 months older than she is. That's not much. It's not worth the lifetime that she can spend in pain. Let her adopt. Please, gods, let her adopt and spare herself the emotional anguish. She doesn't deserve it.

Please, for anyone who thiks I'm exaggerating, let me illustrate. I have a second grade student. Hs mother's age is 40+ has an older brother in his late teens and in jail. "Lamar" is only 7, he'll be 8 in August. He can only read his name and can count only to 3. We've worked for two solid years on more. He's a sweet kid who has a loving heart but can't focus on a damn academic thing and make it stick in his head. He's not stupid. Some things he come up with amaze me but the academic fundimentals just don't happen for him no matte how creative and fun we make them. Would I want Emily to have a child with challenges like that? Oh HELL NO.

See, this is my worry. While she'd be great mom, I wouldn't want her to have the challenge and anguish of a child with Special Challenges. I see it every day and wonder at the abilities of the parents to just parent in regular lives with ordinary jobs. She'd love the child without question, I know that. But would it be worth the emotional toll?Remrember, I'm coming from a place of knowledge on this. The pain I've seen in my students' parent's eys is something I'd never want her to feel. It's better for her to remain childfree than to endure that emotional pain. If I would be able to, I'd spare her that.

I know what you are talking about but I am sure that Emily knows all the pros and cons of the thing, she is not a woman who does something without thinking about it first. Thanks ladyd10 for your story, it's important for all the women in this thread to know more about this kinda things for their future (or present), let's just leave the "Emily wants to get pregnant" topic out of the thread just because we know Emily as an actress and a public woman but we don't have the right to discuss her private life, not because we were being unrespectful towards her but just because there are so many possibilities the discussion could go to a wrong way, so it's better to avoid it.
As AnAwardForEmily webmaster I am seeing so many rude people that I am kinda scared to face discussions about Emily's private life online. A lot of people are having fun spreading rumors about her and some of them even pretends to be friends or relatives, I am glad to see many fans come to me to ask confermation about the rumors they read, so I have the chance to stop them but it's not that simple.
Let's keep our conversation on the public side of Emily, this thread has always been really respectful, so I trust the all of you.
Thanks again, ladyd10.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that both actors Emily & Adam are talking babies?

And LOL Emily wanting both being knocked up and having more action sequences just cracks me up...like getting pregnant isnt enough just gotta be a running, jumping, shooting CSI too. haha.. anyone want to say super Cal?

As far as Calleigh and babies on Miami I agree I think NY and Miami would handle this storyline differently. I hope it doesn't happen, but then again I think the actors should have some satisfaction in giving the writers some imput in their charecters..its the white elephant in the room, and I am ok with them having or not having a baby. It would surely shift some dianamics.

I have a nice news, forbes.com made a list of ten people who, they think, "have the potential to become household names", guess who's among them?

You can find the article on the original link and on AnAwardForEmily, of course. Thought maybe we could leave some good comments to state our appreciation...

Since she's apparently speaking with the writers on the subject and vetting it in the press, is it possible that she suspects that she might already be pregnant? I mean, reason dictates the possibility, right? I, for one as a fan, would mourn it if it were true. She could easily leave the series and never return. She's a very family oriented person. Yet, if she signed the standard contract which concisits of a two year commitment, then she would have to be back for at leat the totality of season 8 as well as all of season 9. But, at that point, we could very well see the end of Calleigh Duquesne.
You know, I thought the same think while watching that interview :lol:. It could be entirely possible and I do think that she didn't renew her contract for other 2 years knowing that she want to try to have children.
I mean I do think she's been thinking about pros and cons the whole time.
Again, I do think that once she's pregnant....she'll leave the show!

ladyd10 I have to say that I really enjoyed reading about your personal experience and, trust me, I agree with you 100% on the matter 'cause that's absolutely true ;).
Again, thanks for posting it.

But, at the same time, as Lu mentioned I do think that it would be really better to stop this kind of discussion (even if it's really enjoyable also because of the very respectful people/insights we have here) for a while.
Once we have the public announcement on Emily's pregnancy, we can put up a party :lol:.
Still, till that moment, we can speculate on a possible Calleigh's pregnancy but not about Emily's one.
I'm not asking this just as Lu's partner, but I'm begging you as a human being.....you know, it's just a matter of respect ;)

Hope I didn't offend anyone and you understood what I was trying to say ;)

Now, back on topic, thank you so much Lu for posting it. It is a really good news and I couldn't agree more with the article...also with someone's comment. That's true she has so much potential and CBS doesn't know how to disfruit it in a proper way...what a shame :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've to agree with Lu and Florry, I think the best thing to do is stop talking about Emily's pregnancy, b/c honestly, it's driving me a little crazy :lol: And, YEAHH, when we have a confirmation we have to do a party, I love parties :D :lol:

Thanks for the article :bolian:
And I have to agree with Florry and Lusiana, is shame that CBS doesn't realize how much talent she has :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back