"Double-Cross" Discussion **SPOILERS**

A lot of people are saying this wasn't like CSI of past seasons, but to me, this was a CSI episode of the likes of the first few seasons, back when the show was fresh, and there was a lot of character interaction and development. That got lost for a little while, or was buried under Cath drama (I don't hate Cath, but seasons 3 and 4, a lot of crap happened to her, and I forgot most of what happened to the other characters). This, to me, felt like an old-school episode. It felt like the earlier seasons. There were quips, there was a focus on Grissom almost the entire episode. Everyone else was onboard, with little character tidbits being dropped here and there. We cared about the victims and the killer.. Sure, it was predictable, but sometimes it's nice to care about these guys a bit. The last few seasons have really been lacking in making us care about victims, etc. This episode painted us a picture of who this woman was, of where she was in life, and I felt bad for her. I didn't admire her decisions, but she didn't need to die.

I just liked it.

desertwind said:
Toots said:
I didn't know that Marg was Catholic. I thought she was Jewish, like her husband. Doesn't matter. It's all good.

She is Jewish, HELGENBERGER hello :eek: her dad is Jewish, and her mom's not!!! and her hubby is, I don't know how she could be Catholic , but if she said that on Ellen, well , so be it!!! and yes, it doesn't matter this is about Grissom and Sara anyway!!!! and it's about a nun..priest.. and a car salesman... so

No, Helgenberger is German (her dad was German-American) and she is, in fact, Catholic.

Quick question about music ... is there anywhere they tell you what the incidental music was? It sounded like compositions by John Rutter of Cambridge and I wanted to check. TIA.

jma

I have to say I was impressed that last night's episode was handled tastefully Like OnlyTruth, I myself am christian. When I saw the previews for this episode I rolled my eyes and though, "great a whole hour of religious backlash." But I was wrong....

Overall, I thought the episode was a bit boring. Yes, the car sales man hung the woman on a cross to make a statement, but meh..I've seen better...
By the end of the episode I was already screamin "Confess already!" I wanted to walk my dog...

i liked it. it was well done. not the best ever, but not boring or stupid at all. i liked the cath and greg continuity, and the look on greg's face when cath said hang in there. hes trying to look happy, but its obvious that hes having a hard time.
i liked the old bitter nun. she was funny. sister bridgett IRITATED me. i cant stand fake too happy pepole.
all in all it was good.
brass in the parking lot was acting like season 1 brass. tough and tough :p
and griss' speach on belief was good.
i didnt notice him calling sara dear, so i dont know if it fit in well. i guess if it did it would have been ok...the way she looks at him sorta bothers me though.
hodges was cute. snarky as always :)

Loved this episode. Was anyone else reminded of a raccoon when you saw Greg's face? (I love raccoons) I was surprised by the continuality aspect, but it was not disappointing. Was it just me or did Greg seem mouthier than usual? Like he's got this 'I'm not gonna put up with any crap' attitude. I found it refreshing and the way he put on a brave smile for Catherine only to lose it the moment she walked away, I felt bad for him.
Well, anyway I really loved this episode, I've seen some bizarre murders on CSI but this one tops the list (IMHO). It's not every day someone is crucified and in a church no less. Great story and well done. My only problem is that they keep insisting on cramming GSR down our throats, OK they're together, we got the message. Big freakin deal! :(

I sent Greg a get well card today due to fannysmackin, thought Eric would be amused. :D

I heard there's something that causes "raccoon eyes" but I'm not sure what it is. Two black eyes'd do it though for sure.

drummergurll said:
i woke my roomates up with a yelp when griss said "yes, dear" to sara...

Yeah my mom missed that (good thing I taped it). I thought it was kind of cute, since you don't see him like that.

Otherwise I wasn't that impressed with the episode, in fact it kind of bored me. Hope it doesn't stay this way.

Its that time of year for re-run hell! :mad:

I really don't think him calling her, "Dear" was slamming it down our throats. If this was "Grey's Anatomy" someone would be naked on an autopsy table. That would really be slamming it down our throats.

I mentioned this on another board, but we were talking about the animal skull in Grissom's drawer, and it reminded me of the dead dog in "Corpse Bride." And that made me wonder if the skull belonged to Grissom's childhood pet and he was trying to keep his memory close by keeping the skull close.

Creepy... but it's Grissom.

Two black eyes are caused by a broken nose. Which from last week, with the way it looked, oh yeah, it was broken.

But it looked all set this week..but with the timeline, it should be less swollen, I'm guessing it has to be at least 2 weeks since the incident..when you take into consideration, hospital time, time away from work and desk duty time that he talked Grissom into relieving him of.

Alyssa said:
I really don't think him calling her, "Dear" was slamming it down our throats. If this was "Grey's Anatomy" someone would be naked on an autopsy table. That would really be slamming it down our throats.

Ha! I agree. I'm actually surprised that it hasn’t happened on GA.

Over all i think this was an O.K. epie. I wish there would of been more of the csi's religions, we found out that grissom is kind-of-sort-of a catholic (which we kind-of-sort-of already knew)and that sara dosnt believe in anything which is not really surprising. The part with Catherine lighting a candle for sam was touching and that cranky nun cracked me up.

I liked the bit of Grissom and the priest at the end ...

Grissom: Can you forgive him?
Priest: It's Christ's mandate, meaning
Grissom: You don't have a choice

(or something like that).

I liked seeing the spirituality/beliefs of Sara, Grissom, and Catherine.

Back