"Double-Cross" Discussion **SPOILERS**

When Grissom cheats on Sara with Catherine, then proceeds to leave them both for Sofia, and THEN runs back to Sara proclaiming his love for her and THEN convinces her that they should start a threesome with Greg and THEN during all of that Warrick and Nick start their own affair under a lab table in the trace lab, maybe THEN...and I stress the 'maybe', maybe then, this will be a soap opera. But only then.

Definitely agreed. I don't think a muttered term of affection and a little bit of flirting over 5 episodes counts as a soap opera.

If Greg decides he's going to make a run for Sara's heart as well - that, too, would be soap opera, but at the moment? They're playing this very neutral. Less "oooooh secret relationship" and more "two people at work who happen to be dating".

myfuturecsi said:
This was a sad episode.

And it looks like Nick and Warrick are on hiatus for the rest of the series.

It's kind of unfair that Greg is getting the 'are you okay' bit when Nick was buried alive for an entire day and no one said diddly squat to him all season.

that really made me laugh! hehe diddly squat

but i do know what you mean. i havent seen this ep but i know that nicks issues havent been dealt with much by the team. but this could possibly be because of the different traits the characters have?

I don't think you should get yourself worked up over no Nick and Warrick quite yet. Once Grissom leaves, that will leave Cath, Greg, Warrick and Nick. Well, Cath and Greg probably won't have too much except little reminders of thier problems, because I don't they would do a huge storyline for either one of them this soon, and while Griss is gone. So that leaves Warrick and Nick. And as someone mentioned, spoilers have said that Warrick will have him marrage/gambling (possibly) probelms come up, and we have also heard that GD will coome up again. And we have seen Nick acting a little off lately, and we have also seen a little Warrick and Cath foreshadowing going on.. so I think you should wait a little longer before blowing up. I have been waiting forever to have Greg get something good, and have accepted everyone else (including Nick) get his time. ANd besides, Nick did and still does have some issues.. so.. yeah.

Anyways, I don't think that this post will be greatly appreciated because its not very in topic, so I'll help it a little.

When Catherine lit the candle for Sam, I was immediately reminded of St. Paul's Chapel (I think thats it, someone correct me if I'm wrong). Anyways, its this little church across the street from Ground Zero (New York) and they had those candles and they were all lit. It was a very moving and spiritual place.

I'm very happy with the continuity. Not just with Greg, but ith Catherine as well (hearing about Sam.)

So, I liked the episode.

myfuturecsi said:

It's kind of unfair that Greg is getting the 'are you okay' bit when Nick was buried alive for an entire day and no one said diddly squat to him all season.

Unfair? Well it took seven seasons for us Greg fans to finally have our moment. That in itself is unfair. Greg has always been shoved on the back burner like a secondary character (Which he isn't).Nick & Warrick have always been in the spotlight. We've only seen 5 episodes, be a little patient. Besides this season is being done a bit diffrent, some new writers etc.

Nick & Warrick will have equal time just like always :rolleyes:

Wojo never said the word soap opera. With their interviews from last summer the writers and the execs already said that GSR won't be taking over the show, but its been freaking episode five and they're still pushing those scenes, and from the spoilers I don't think we will see any variety in the pairings. Like Wojo said, the viewers already got the message that they're together, so please can we just move on to better storylines. The difference between Grey's and CSI is that the former character-driven, they never denied that and they never had any pretensions. So Grey's can have threesomes all they want and people wouldn't feel uncomfortable watching the show.

I did not watch the whole episode, I only checked out the Greg and Catherine scenes so thanks for your recaps and reviews. I guess I didn't miss a lot.

Hottie_Cath: I think this is just one thing we're not all going to agree on because we have different ships, pairings, whatever, and we could probably take this in the great ship debate, if we really wanted to.

Now that the GSR coupling is canon they like to remind us of that, because casual viewers wouldn't know. It's the same reason we keep hearing about Cath and Sam, and Greg's aftermath of his beating. It's continuity, and this episode had a lot of it, and I really appreciate it as a fan of this show.

I agree, Greys definitely bills themselves as being character-driven, but I don't think CSI has changed vastly at all. This episode actually felt like a season 1/2 episode. Cath and Grissom started us off in the church, Nick and Warrick worked together, Sara was off processing somewhere... Yes, there was no David, Doc Robbins, Wendy or that other lab girl... and that was fine. We had Greg. It worked. The ep had a really nice feel.

You could try watching it on YouTube and skip the parts you don't like. I mean, there were some really cute moments for Nick in there, "I found it!" and Sean Patrick Flannery's performance was great. Oh, and some great one-liners from Brass! "The only miracle is that I'm not booking you for obstruction." Great stuff.

Not necessarily a GREAT episode. It was predictable, but I cared about the parties involved, and I loved that the core of the episode was our main 5 from the oldschool days, Greg and Brass. That helped offset the predictable storyline for me.

i really liked this episode. i liked that the whole team worked together on one case. a lot of times it feels like they are jsut people passing in the halls, but this one made them feel like a team again, and i liked that.

MacsGirlMel said:
I heard there's something that causes "raccoon eyes" but I'm not sure what it is. Two black eyes'd do it though for sure.

When you break your nose you sometimes get two black eyes.

Yep, you do..and his look pretty well healed, my timeline is that it's been at least two weeks since the beating, maybe even three..a few days in the hospital, time away from work and probably a week on desk duty.

speakerset said:
with what happened, with the failure to sleep, with the pain he went through, yes it may be out of character but I wouldn't be surprised if drugs became an issue

Painkillers are very easy to become addicted to--there's a character on "Without a Trace" that was struggling with a painkiller addiction after getting shot while on duty. It's a possibility, but like most Greg fans I hope it doesn't happen.

labgeekluvr, I think you put your response with my quote..no big deal, but I don't watch Without a Trace, is there someone on there addicted to painkillers, only because I know a few people who watch and I think they did say something about that.

But yes, there have been characters that have gotten addicted to them, my fear is that it could be them or something else.

Oh Greg, he tried to do the right thing and this has just snowballed into something, even if nothing happens after that inquest, that really breaks the heart, because there is something lingering underneath that exterior, I really do wish someone would just put the blunt coat on and just come out and ask him, point blank, how he really is..but not Grissom because I don't think he'd open up, I really think it sould be Nick or even Sara, someone who he can just be himself and say what is bothering him with out fear of judgement or and I know this may sound a little crazy, but letting them down either.

I liked the episode. I didn't really like how the case have been solved, but I like its religious background.
I loved AND hated to see Catherine lit a candle for Sam. She was so sweet, but it was heart-smothering at the same time, wasn't it? I also loved the Catherine/Greg scene. Catherine cares about him like a mother. And IMO Greg idolizes her.
I was a bit shocked when Grissom told Sara he wasn't really catholic anymore.

Back