"Dog Eat Dog" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 19, 2005.

1. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

Hee hee, I love the light-heartedness! It reminded me of "Iced" from season 5. I hope they keep tossing out episodes like these once in a while. I'm a sucker for angst, but there's only so much you can take in a row. It felt so good to be able to smile almost non-stop through the episode for a change. Which helped, because like Sara said, smiling really does suppress the gag reflex. >_< :D

The 'stache-and-long-hair combo was kinda...hot. But that may have been the jeans, I don't know.

Poor Doc Robbins. And Hodges = love. :D

2. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

maybe Greg could ask Griss to pay the matched one...that's a funny part...

3. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

BTW, is the ep warning us to have less during certain festival???

4. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

affect on your digestion...

5. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

You said it... I'm glad that we ate at 2 PM and hadn't eaten since... Still, I enjoyed the episode... Maybe we'll have some more Nick/Jesse chemistry show up... ;)

6. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Hodges hamster trauma stole the show, IMO. :lol:

"He ran away"

7. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

Then who could explain to me why it's called dog eat dog?

8. dittohead

dittohead CSI Level One

the violent dog ate + killed the women

9. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

And don't forget the Hot Dogs that poor Jerry ate...

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

And also, it fits for both plots: there's a dog who "ate" his owner, then there's actually a second dog involved; plus the dude who "eats dogs". Very clever, all round. :)

11. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i found the story line with jerry especially interesting, cuz we just finished talking about prader-willi syndrome in genetics class

12. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

This is definitely one of my least favorite episodes of this season, but it was okay. I don't want to be repetitive, so I'll just make a couple of comments.

The saddest part of the episode was that Kahlua #2 was probably put down. :( Interesting how they glossed over that fact. I suppose if they couldn't find anyone to take Kahlua #1 he may have been put down as well.

I was slightly offended by that scene, being a vegetarian who is currently trying to convert to veganism. I guess it was also low in sugar or something, but why do people always assume that vegan food will be tasteless? Nobody would be vegan if that was the case. In fact, just before watching this episode, I had finished a very delicious vegan Thanksgiving dinner, which included a tasty vegan pie. Mmm.

13. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

That scene was just a little comic relief based more on the fact that Doc Robbins *made* the pie than on it being vegan. But the "low sugar, low carb....low taste" lines probably sounded better than just having Warrick say, "Dude, your baking really sucks." ;)

14. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

But why did the pie have to be vegan in order to make the joke? I recently saw an old episode of ER in which nobody wanted to eat some desserts because they were vegan, and I just don't understand the bias. I guess I'm a little sensitive about the subject, only just realizing how negative a lot of people's views are towards veganism, including some members of my own family.

15. LaCacahuete

LaCacahuete Police Officer

As far as light-hearted episodes go, I really enjoyed this one. Loved seeing Jessie, the lab's animal expert girl, again (she's so cool), loved the quirky storylines and awesome camera angles, loved the team interaction, and loved seeing Nick and Sara working the same case again, in what seems like forever. Awesome episode.

I have a pretty strong stomach, so the only thing that provoked a little nausea in me was Nick's mustache, which I was hoping had been removed after the horrors of the past two weeks. Can the man not take a hint?! UGH!