"Dog Eat Dog" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 19, 2005.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i loved this ep!! (i always like funnier eps)

-greg was funny...i loved it when he was trying to escape grissom's story, lol!
    -there were a lot of corny jokes...in both stories...hehe
    -hodges is always funny!!
    -doc robbins pie...LOL i was just thinking as he said its a vegan pie, that it would taste bad...ulg, i like how warrick assumed his wife made it...
    -brass and cathrines response to the eating contest was priceless
    -i don't like sophia that much, but i like that they actually have a female character that is not really girly...

i didn't think it was that gory...i have seen eating contests before, they are all the same...

although i did just watch the devil's rejects, and i didn't think that was that gory either...

2. Guest

Guest Guest

This one was actually kind of nasty, but could they have picked a better one to air on Thanksgiving. The only reason I think it was disgusting was because I had dinner at 5 pm and CSI comes on at 8pm, so for me that's not long enough. It was good, Hodges was funny, when he had to separate all the contents from the guy. Isn't he the one with the really sensitive nose? Anyway, it was good, and the scariest part is I am actually getting used to the moustche on Nick, but I still don't like it.

CSIFAN1985

3. CSI_Fan_Forever

CSI_Fan_Forever Lab Technician

I liked the episode! There were some funny parts too.

4. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I was more concerned that the hamsters had ended up in one of Hodges Orifaces.... I was even expecting a Richard Gere reference from Nick or Sara to bust his chops... ( just kidding... sort of... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Really good episode. I thought the tie in with the holiday was pretty clever, considering that Americans in general do tend to overeat on a regular basis according to medical experts, but even moreso during the holidays. However there's mirroring life and there's taking things to the extreme. But who'd watch if it was just mirroring life?

Everyone was great in this episode and it was nice to see something lighthearted after last week's adventure.

Catherine was cute getting excited over the pretzel bag. Although the kind she ordered sounded disgusting.

Cranberry sauce does not have a smell no matter how good your nose is. :lol: Loved Brass's Thanksgiving comment. Was wondering how the guy got into the dumpster in the first place? Did he crawl in there looking for food? In which case he would have been found face down instead of face up.

I don't do strawberry rhubarb pie but I felt bad for Doc Robbins that no one wanted his baking.

I agree with whoever mentioned that Warrick's "my lady" comments are getting old. Yes I understand he's a newlywed but he makes it all seem so forced if that makes any sense.

I must be weird because I wasn't grossed out at all by the stomach contents scenes. What I did find to be gross was the way he was eating right out of the buffet line. In the real world, he would have been kicked out on the spot (they wouldn't take that much time to get to him) and the restaurant area shut down indefinitely. I know it was dramatic license and I'm all for suspending my disbelief to a certain point (WP himself even said it's entertainment, not science) but there is no way a guy's stomach contents could be seperated as neatly as was shown, down to seperating the liquids into their appropriate colors, especially after sitting for 2-4 hrs and when Hodges first dumped the contents it was all one color? How does that work?

Still not a fan of Nick's mustache but it's starting to grow on me.

Hodges was strangely endearing as usual. His mom totally got rid of the hamsters. :lol:

Greg was cute when he kept looking like he wanted the floor to swallow him rather than listen to Grissom's story, and then wanting to be reimbursed for his expenses. Curious what became of all those hot dogs after the experiment. I hated hot dogs before this ep and I hate them worse now if that's even possible.

Sara and Nick's story was good. Couldn't stand the girl in the interrogation room with Sara. The divorcing couple was ridiculous in their behavior. Not unheard of but still. Either way, no animals should be manipulated or abused the way they were.

Felt bad for Jerry's sister in the hospital and I liked Catherine's gesture of giving her the newspaper.

The boyfriend was a prick to say the least. On the one hand I can understand how he felt bad that Jerry was being trapped there but it was for his own good. Which also makes you wonder if modern medicine couldn't have helped him if Grissom was able to pinpoint in medical textbooks what the disease was to begin with. But what was really unacceptable was the way the boyfriend was taking advantage of Jerry's condition, whether he realized it or not, which he had to have.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everyone! I recorded Dog Eat Dog on my DVR, but it missed the last 10 minutes! The last thing I saw was Kahlua being called by both her owners to find out which one should get her. If someone could email me details of the ending, I would appreciate it. star_gazer_24@hotmail.com Thank you!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Cath went to the hospital where Jerry's sister was recovering from surgery, which is why he was in the boyfriend's care instead of hers. She gave her the newspaper that had a pic of Jerry with a trophy from the hot dog contest. The sister said that was probably the happiest moment of his life. Then fade to black.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

It reminded me of Annie too....>Sandy, come here Sandy......lol

9. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Not the best episode, but fairly good.

Grissom and the hot dog story was the highlight for me.

I still don't like Nick's 'stache.

Warrick who?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I missed the episode entirely, fell asleep. Was the dog put down?

11. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

This episode managed to both gross me out and break my heart(Talking about the A plot, but the thing with the dog was kinda sad too, poor thing getting abused and no doubt it had to be put down.) Stomach contents and eating contest-sick. Brass and Catherine's reactions to said contest, very funny! Liked learning about the origin of the name Hot Dogs, even if Greg didn't.

12. 915

915 CSI Level One

That episode was great even though the eating contest part was kind of gross. I'm thankful that I'd already eaten two honors earlier.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking thread please feel free to continue discussing this episode. ;)

14. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I loved hearing Brass laugh when he was watching the eating contest. Honest to goodness, he was drop-dead sexy then.

15. f_f_O

f_f_O Prime Suspect

This was such an up-and-down episode: so many funny moments (ie, Grissom's hot-dog explanation, Greg's reaction, container labeled "wierd"), so many gross moments (hot-dog eating contest, stomach contents) and so many bittersweet/sad moments (the reveal of the disease, the last moment with the sister, the nasty divorce).

But...I'm not sure who had screentime in this ep. It seems everyone had less than usual, yet Hodges had a lot more, it doesn't seem to ad up...too many hot-dog eating shots... but overall it was pretty darn good.