Doctor Who!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Apr 15, 2006.

1. mimefan

mimefan Dead on Arrival

I can't wait to see the new series I think Donna's quite good because she's the only one who isn't attracted to the Doctor.

2. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Plus Donna would say what she thought, no matter if its an insult or compliment:lol:

3. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i've seen some of the older Doctor Who series but i can't get my hands on alot of them. so far i've only doctors i've seen is the fourth Doctor, ninth, and tenth.

Companions: i thought Rose was ok but for some odd reason shes just not my favorite...

as for baddies. i thought that the Master was pretty cool. did you hear the rumor that the Doctor's old enemy Davros(if i spelled that right) is coming back?

4. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

I have heard the rumour that Davros is coming back. That should be quite interesting. I'll say something that really makes be laugh. A while back i posted up on fanfiction.net a Doctor who fic that included Human Daleks and Davros. The show has now done Human Daleks and now Davros. Are they stealing my idea? I don't mind, the BBC probably do a better job then me:guffaw:

5. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

thats funny!:guffaw: like my dad always says, "if you've thought of it someone else has thought of it too. i can't wait for the new season to start. i believe it starts in May. *thinks of David Tennant* :drool:

6. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

I believe BBC announced last week that S4 would start on April 5th so it's all good to go. 13 episodes in all.

RTD's being coy and teasing again so we're in for a another scintillating ride down the rabbit hole with friends and family past and present...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  7. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Saw the promo for the new series tonight. Loking really good - even with Catherine Tate :p

8. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Indeed. I hope Catherine continues to play Donna as straight up and no-nonsense as she did in "TRB" although with much less bellowing. :p

9. Yoshi

Yes the lack of foghorning would be much appreciated. :D

10. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yeah I can not wait for the new series to start either.

Not to sure if the rumor i heard is fact or just a rumor.

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yep, this BBC announcement confirms that April 5th at 6.20pm is that start of the fourth series. :D I can't wait!

12. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

The US is actually airing Doctor Who fairly close to the BBC broadcast (VotD on April 18th, next one on the 25th). That makes it harder for me to justify obtaining it by unsavory means - before I assuaged my guilty conscience by buying the DVDs. I suppose I'll wait (and ultimately buy the Season 4 DVDs anyway!)

13. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

So did anyone watch the new episode last night. I didn't know what to expect but I was plesantly surprised. Catherine Tate wasn't as annoying as in The Runaway Bride infact she was fairly quiet.

Loved the miming bit through the windows. Such a funny moment trying to get each other to understand what they are saying.

The Adipose were really cute. If only you could lose fat like that.

14. Yoshi

I enjoyed it. Not a mind blowing start to the series, but good nevertheless.

I thought Catherine tate was good as well. I was almost dreading her presence but i thought she did really well. The miming through the windows was good wasn't it? :D

As was the shot of Rose at the end :eek:
    It was a nice touch playing Rose's Theme whilst she was on screen.

15. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

How funny was that scene at the end? "I just want a mate" / "You just want TO MATE?!" I like Donna already, but why do all the Doctor's companions have to come from London? It would be good if one of them was an alien, maybe then we'd have more non-Earth settings.

I watched the episode with commentary on Sunday, it was interesting to find out the Rose scene was left out of the preview discs to avoid spoilers. Do you think Rose is going to be this year's "Arc word"?

Oh, and I want an Adipose toy! They were so cute, especially at the end when one of them waved - I was grossed out by that scene where some of them were squished by the car though.