Delko Drool Thread #6 -- In Soviet Russia, Delko Drools You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Delko Drool Thread #6 -- In Soviet Russia, Delko Drools

well you can't expect too much on her accent b/c she has such a strong southern accent...what I meant was both of them pulled off their respective languages very well.

I too wouldn't mind seeing Eric speak Russian with his father...in fact I would love to see the rest of his family. I think it would add a whole new dynamic to his character.

I'd like to see the supposed conflict that exists between Eric and his father. If the writers were cool...

They'd use this episode to present the conflict between Eric and his dad. I bet even his mom kinda hates what he does. Sounds like his father disapproves, though. I'm a sucker for men having daddy issues. You rarely see it on TV.

Do we know why his dad disapproves?

*would like to see it too*

I wish we saw more of all their families. Having the storyline with Duke Duquense added a layer to Calleigh's character, and it could totally do the same for Eric. Plus, I find his family dynamic very intriguing, especially with the whole interracial couple deal.

I imagine Eric's dad to be very tradition, and a kind of man's man, but Eric's mom to be totally nice, sweet and overly caring. I don't think either of them particularly like his choice in career. I imagine his dad wants to to get a 'real job'. He probably hates the fact that his son is a scientist and not a real cop. On the other hand, his mother probably doesn't like him being around death and danger so much, but if it makes him happy, I'm sure she'd learn to live with it :lol:.

With what's about to happen, we really should see his parents.

CSI_Ali said:
I found Adam's Russian really freaking hot. In fact, I think I've just got a thing about accents in general, but Eric is tri-lingual, how can you not love that?

Seriously. How can you not love that?

Total props for the people who bust balls teaching them new languages since you can't just learn how to speak in full spanish or russian sentences in one day.

I've been wanting to take more spanish. I've only got 4 years in.

Personally, I'd love to see something about his parents or at least something about his other sisters. I agree with what CSI_Ali said: it would definitely add a layer to the character. It makes the character well rounded imo. And yes, with what's going to happen, they should show his parents. If they don't... well... it's going to look really strange. I can see his father not showing over his mother - if tptb want to play up the tense relationship - that would be interesting to see and would add more drama to an already dramatized situation.

And about the languages and such, I think it's great that they had him speak Russian, but they really need to get him to speak Spanish - perhaps in a phone call to someone in his family. Or with a witness...

...and if Adam needed someone to train him to speak Spanish, I'm sure we've got a ton of people here who would volunteer their services. I know I would - I'm Hispanic, heh. I kinda have to know it! :lol:

MacsGirlMel, in the old bios that they used to have for the CSI's, it said that when Eric's father discovered that they were going to have a son, he moved his family from Cuba to the states, and started up an engineering firm, with the intention of his son taking over eventually. As you can probably guess, things didn't quite turn out that way. And I for one am very glad they didn't ;)

Based on that bio I could see there being some animosity from Eric's father about him becoming a CSI and a cop and not following in his father's footsteps and taking over the business...although those types of storylines have been played out before (not necessarily in this show). I think Vegas had a similar storyline with Nick and his dad....wasn't he supposed to go work with his father after college but decided to become a criminalist instead? Still seeing Eric interact with his dad, maybe speaking some Russian or Spanish would be great character development. I'm kind of hoping we see his parents in "Man Down"

:D That would be the perfect opportunity, wouldn't it? I mean, they've just lost a daughter, and now... (stopping because of spoilers). It just makes sense that they would show up, don't you think?

Yes, but when has Miami ever made sense? :lol: If we were ever going to see them, during Man Down or one of the following episodes would be the perfect time. I'd love to see Eric's mom interacting with the other CSI's. I can just imagine her bringing in food and telling them all that they are too thin :D. I could imagine them coming in because they are worried about Eric's change in mood recently, which I assume will only get worse with his 'thing' coming up. Maybe they would go and see Horatio or Calleigh and ask them to keep and eye out for him or ask them to try and talk to him, and of course, his Dad will complain about his wife dragging him to the lab. I don't know why, but I've got the idea in my head that Eric's dad is a complete hard ass.

Hmm.. you know what else would have been a good time to see more of Eric's family? At the hospital when his sister died. But no... that had to be all about Horatio. Grr. I mean... I'm not bitter at all :D
But even just having someone else standing by her bed... they didn't have to have any lines or anything.

Yeah but it would have cost money to hire an actor to look like his parents and then they would have had to have more lines to explain that they were his parents. Show gets off easy by him simply saying his parents were there with her. We get to know that his parents were aware and were probably there at some point before him, after she died and before he showed up...it is a nice little loop hole the writers get to exploit. We get to here that Eric acutally has parents and they are at the hospital w/o ever actually ever seeing them. It sucks but what are ya gonna do?

Hopefully it will be different in "Man Down." I'm hoping they mention them and we actually get to "see" them at some point in the ep.

Yeah. I was pretty diaappointed that we never got to see his parental units. But I do understand the whole looking-for-parents-who-actually-look-like-their-offspring thing and CHA CHING!-- $$$MONEY$$$.
Maybe someday we'll be able to meet his sisters. Maybe.

I personally don't agree, but you aren't the only one who thinks so. Not sure what it has to do with Eric/Adam, though.
Well i know that everyone has a different opinion. You can't impress everyone with one thing. Coming from me, i think Horatio the hottest one. But alot of you would think differently...

But Delko's russian was suprisngly accurate. The words were spoken well and acuratly. (I'm russian) Iw onder how long it took him to get that one scene right. XD

I would LOVE to volunteer my services to help Adam with his Spanish...I'll stand in line for that!

He could be speaking gibberish and I would still get weak in the knees!

LOL.. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back