Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Amen, word and ditto. :)

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yes, PA has posted exactly what I wanted to post. :)

What Fay said. I have nothing to add. :lol:

3. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Exellently put!

Shiny, shiny, bizzare medical conditions and only grow in one place in NY plants drive me freaky crazy!! Just stop it, it's not big, it's not clever and your not impressing anyone.

4. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ Yes, exactly! :D

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Exactly.

Dear Writers:
    ~ CSI:NY is not CSI:Miami:
    1) Do not imply that we have a database of pool water. We do not need to know everything automatically. Even if this is not a show focused on the detective aspect (i.e. Flack), that does not mean that everything has to be solved with science.
    2) We do not need freeze-frame, and we especially do not need slow-motion. The only time I accept either is when we're seeing the path of a bullet.
    ~ Hi, yes, when Lindsay comes back? Cut the D/L cheese and- this one is the most important- cut the useless demonstrations. One or two per season is fine. One or two per episode? NO.

Quickly Losing Love, Alex

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Dear Writers: (May i call you again "Dear"???? remember i called you HORRID :D)

Thank you for Season 5-Stella. You have given Melina the chance to shine. She doesn't have many storylines (except for one) but you have showed every single aspect of her gentle side towards everyone in the lab.

Having her on my screen is like discovering layer by layer different aspects of her existence. Hopefully you will be able to do the same next year :) (BTW at some point it would be very interesting to know her biological family)

Also i appreciate whatever you have in storage for us The Smacked Family. You, more than ever, will know we are a family there and we welcome every single person whatever their main ship is

Thank you for so many blessings and for not forgetting us

regards

Debbie :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  7. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

I totally agree with you. I´m only waiting for that day when Mac will beam himself to the crime scene.

Oh and dear writers, I also would like to watch more episodes like ´Cool Hunter´ for example: very surprising ending and a murderer with a strong motive. Instead of hearing ´But I didn´t want to kill her´ or something like that.

8. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Dear Writers,

The CSIs are not above the law. So there's no way Stella and Angell should be able to get away with what they've done... but I'm sure you guys won't think about that. Because, after all, the CSIs are good guys, so whatever they do must be allowable. =_=

Also, the CSIs are not invincible! They're extremely vulnerable, which is why the police clear the scene first. Why have you guys turned them into cops when they're not? CSIs don't clear the scene at all.

~Yumi

9. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

Dear Writers,

First of all, this has probably been my second-favorite season so far. Most of the episodes have actually been very good. However, the amount of D/L ridiculous-ness has really taken away from that. I used to be a D/L fan. A really big one. And then Rikki happened, and, well.... The Danny I knew and loved disappeared, and some flimsy character was shoved in his place. When he and Lindsay got back together, it was alright, even though the situation was shoved aside for a while. I kept thinking that they'd actually really talk about it.....And they didn't. And then they wrote Anna's pregnancy into the show, and I really stopped being a fan. Making Lindsay pregnant was not only completely unnecissary, it didn't make any sense. But it, at least, was better than the wedding. Pleanty of couples today have children before they get married. This isn't the 50's. It's not completely unheard of to be raising a child without rings on your fingers. And Danny 'taking charge' and whatnot, telling Lindsay he 'could be the guy she wanted him to be' didn't set with me. The old Danny wouldn't of done that. She already said she didn't want to get married earlier, so why did they?

Other than that....Wow! Great season! The only thing was with the Greek storyline, although someone mentioned this already, Stella and Angell would not be allowed to stick some guy on a boat and ship him off to Greece. Other than that, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. :)

Oh, and one more thing: MORE ADAM. I love him to bits, but was he even in 'Point of No Return?'

10. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ No, he wasn't. It made me so mad. :(
    Hopefully, there's a lot of Adam next episode. :D

11. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Dear Writers,

While I honestly believe that our beloved lab rats, CSIs, and detectives are VERY smart, it seems that they know EVERYTHING! Heck, not everyone can know EVERYTHING. Can we seriously have a case or two each season that they can't solve right away, or at all? That would help make the show more believable. Just a tad bit.

And, along the lines that my colleagues (aka, fellow Fans) have mentioned, does NY ALWAYS get the latest and greatest gadgets? So much for that major budget crisis. Let's see, Adam was being let go, then Danny caught the Blue Flu, and now we are using some new and fancy toys (see what Hawkes did the the DNA Analysis thingy?). C'mon. Stick with a story (ie: the budget crisis), and understand that very few, if any, crime labs will have all of the latest tech toys.

Sincerely,

One confused fan

12. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ Exactly. :D

13. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

But, but that would mean continuity:eek::D

Dear writers,

what happened to Louie, Sam and Reed?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I do not know this Continuity that you speak of.

:p

I'm sure I've said this before, but I think it's something worth repeating (as if that'll help :p) - In a similar vein as FlackFan01's post:

Dear Writers,

There are these people called experts. Each one is an expert in some field or discipline. Instead of having a scene where, say, Hawkes suddenly knows everything about a given subject, why not have an expert in that scene? This would serve several purposes:

1) It would be more realistic than the CSIs knowing everything all of the time.
    2) It would allow for more 'good guy' guest stars - which in turn allows for more diversity among the 'good guys'. (Perhaps also creating more professional recurring characters.)
    3) Maybe if you allowed for more human resources to figure things out, you'd rely less on gizmos. Or at least you'd have more options to create more Variety, as I mentioned before. (For example, if you had a handwriting expert, you might be tempted to use more handwriting analysis when writing an episode instead of inserting the latest doohicky or database to crack the case.)

Our guys and gals could still be in the scene, they just wouldn't be the one pulling an explanation out of their arse.

Love,
    Fay

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I agree would be more realistic but also awful expensive ;)

Debbs :)