Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

But...isn't that more fun that way? I mean, really, I just love the way they look up and to the right, take a breath, pause, then give an explanation that BOTH people contribute to (think Stella and Hawkes - they seem to get a ton of scenes like that!) :p

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Yes, there was a certain scene lately with them doing a "rehearsal". Also i remember "Ninja Mac":drool: or Chad with plastic dolls on top of him:lol:

But having more Experts on screen would be more money needed to pay other actors and considering the circumstances i guess the show can keep its budget quiet;)

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

That's actually a good point... the only ones that I can think of are Angell, Julia Ormond's character whose name I forgot, and Sinclair... maybe Jordan if you want to push it. And only one of those has been in any number of episodes, and she's a cop. Actually, come to think of it, they're all cops or politicians. Miami and LV we ain't. :lol:

Dear Writers:
    Sometimes I think I write better than you. Seriously. Enough with the Montana! If I had a dollar for every time Montana was referenced on NY, I could buy that Mustang I want. :rolleyes:

Oh, and continuity fairies don't exist. You need to do that all by yourselves. I know, scary.

-Alex

4. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Dear writers,

It's been a long tome since I last talked to you, but please don't feel unappreciated, because I have bottled up loads of things.

First of all, I want to congratulate you for giving us this show. Sometimes it might not be what we want, but we still tune in and root for our favorite characters.

Second of all, I would like to list all the things that I think you need to work on at the moment.

Do you remember by any chance that first season? Yeah, the one filmed in blue filters and that had good scripts, and the CSIs were doing the job themselves, and when they actually read books in order to find out more stuff, and when they did not have a database for anything in this world? The season where crimes were interesting and they actually covered all the walks of life and not only Manhattan? The season where character development and crime walked hand in hand in a perfect move? I'm not asking to bring it back, but you can at least try to write a few episodes that resemble those old ones.

Also, ccontinuity? Have you heard of that? It seems like in this last season you have tried to jam in almost everything you remembered about the past of NY. It might have looked ok at the time, but in the end the viewesr get left with the feeling like you're ramming memories down their throats, and throwing these bits in sesaon 5, will not make up for the major slips of three seasons time.

Mac is not superman. He is not all good, he is not flawless, also he is a human being, with feelings. Please make a note of that.

With what love I have left for you guys,
    Emma

5. FlackFan01

Thank you for reminding us that wemust treat the writers with respect. If we don't respect them, they won't respect us :p

Also, what do you mean "Mac is not superman"? I thought he was ;)

All kidding aside, I agree about not being superman and bringing back some of the feel of season 1 - just the feel, not the whole season.

6. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ Yes, exactly... when everything was at least somewhat realistic in terms of solving crimes. :rolleyes:

7. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^ Realism is oh so overrated. Who wants to have a simple scientist collecting samples when you can have SuperMac to the rescue! [/sarcasm]

8. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ Haha, yeah.

Dear Writers,

No matter what you say, if two people in the same precinct are getting married, one of them will be moved to a different precinct. We're not stupid... we do our research.

Seriously. If you wanna push this DL fiasco on everyone, fine. But at least write it well!

~Yumi

9. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Dear writers,

first of all I have to say: Thank you for mentioning the name Louie. Very good job.
    But unfortunately, you´ve forgotten to tell us what happened to Louie, Danny´s brother. Is he dead or alive? Could you just reveal this tiny, but very important detail in the next episodes, please?

Thanks in advance,

yours Isla

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  10. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Dear (?) writers:

-flashy technology everywhere is booooring!

-Sheldon is a walking encyclopedia but he doesn't know what keratin is? Excuse me?! He's a doctor! At first glance he may not know the murder weapon was baleen, but keratin should have rung a bell, at least he should have thought "oh, that's the hair and nail thingy!"

-I'm happy Danny remembers he's got a brother. However, what hapenned to his "family of cops"?

~Discontent!Plen

11. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

The basic concept of writing is that a story should have a beginning, a middle and an end. A beginning, a music video and an end just doesn't cut the mustard.

Also, did you not read the Star Trek comments? Enough already!

12. FlackFan01

I agree with my fellow fan here. I was like :wtf: last night. Even my husband, who DOESN'T know much about biology knew that! DR. Hawkes would have known that, if he wrote his own script :rolleyes:

I also agree with my fellow fans on Louie. OK, so we know Danny was trying to come up with a name. But...he mentioned Louie. Where is Louie? Does Louie know he's about to become an uncle? Hello?

Sincerely,

A frustrated and confused fan. This is my typical look when I watch CSI:NY :confused: with the ocassional :wtf:

13. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Dear Writers,

For God's sake, what happened to Louie???

~Yumi

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Dear Writers:
    Communication Breakdown brought out many different things.
    1) I love Flack and Angell, but if you use that robotic translator voice again I will hurt you.
    2) SUBTITLES. You've gotten them half right, now either put them in for the Greek or send me one of those translator things.
    3) Remember how Danny had a brother? Or did you write him out when you decided that Danny had to come from a family of cops?
    4) If you're going to have people know everything, make sure they remember the things that it's their job to know.
    5) Texting is not romantic. Just so you know.
    6) Either stop sending Danny to arrest people or get him some glasses. Seriously!

-Alex

15. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

To be fair, Danny was a klutz even when he wore his glasses. :)

Though when he tripped on the roof (over his kit if I remember right), that was obviously Carmine being a klutz, as he was trying not to laugh.