Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Dear writers,

Please, please can we have one episode that isn't about Danny and Lindsay? They're together, we get it. They're having a baby, we get it. Babies are exciting, WE GET IT! If you spent even one tiny portion of the time you're spending on them on another character, they would get some fantastic development. Sure, Flack and Angel got some in the latest episode, but not much compared to the D/L show that was Communication Breakdown. Maybe next time you're thinking "Hey, Lindsay and Danny's relationship hasn't had much of a mention this episode! We must fix that by writing more!" instead you could choose to develop someone else. Like Adam. Because, for the record, screentime does not equal development. Sure, those scenes with the boy were great, and it showed AJ's mad acting skillz, but that was about the case and even though there were chances for character development, they were not utilised, but rather ignored with throwaway lines that were never really explained again. Oh, and whatever happened with him and Kendall? She disappeared without an explanation, and no-one ever explained why on earth they were in their underwear.

Seriously, Danny and Lindsay are not the only ones on this show.

Also, continuity is your friend. While it may be fine that you rescued Marty from the Black Hole of Continuity (albeit, I still don't agree with why), there are still many characters swirling in it, just waiting to crawl out. You can't just introduce a character or a storyline and then never mention it again, or have it disappear without an explanation. I mean, Louie. I bet you thought that that storyline was finished with RSRD. But no. At the end, Louie was in a coma, possibly not going to make it, then he was never mentioned again. Did he die? Did he live? Is he still in a coma? I'm sure Danny loved his brother enough that someone could've at least asked how Louie was, and someone could've told the audience what happened and given us some closure. Continuity, people. Continuity.

-Carly

2. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Just the way you worded that part (about someone telling the audience), I can almost see Mac looking right into the camera to give us a short run-down on what happened to Louie. Or, maybe Lindsay could do a demo.:wtf::eek::scream:

3. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

well first of all id like to say hi. Im new here, this is my first post :)
    anyway..

1) please get rid of the d/l relationship. come on get real it doesnt work they have no chemistry, its clear they dont love or even really care for each other,stop takin so much screen tim forcing something down our throats thats a load of crap ( sorry if you think im too mean) i dont care how you do it.:shifty:

2)what happened to louie please tell us

3) how comes the problems from the others eppys jst dissapear. Stella almost got killed by her bf and it was only mentioned like once or twice. Danny blamed himself for rubens death and ater like 3 epis that was totally forgotten.Reed hasnt even been mentioned since almost dying.. i could go on.

4) id like to know a bit more about the csi ages,birthdays,homes stuff like that.

thank you

4. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Welcome, Meggzie! I hope you like it here. I agree with everything you've said.

I'd still like to know what happened to Louie, but at this late stage I somehow doubt we'll get an update.

as for D/L, it looks like we're stuck with it. If we can't get rid of it, can we at least tone it down again? There were times when we had no idea if these two were together or not. Now that they're finally married and about to have a daughter, we can go back to not talking about them in every episode.

They're married, they're having a baby. That's all we need to know. Give the other characters a chance to shine. Like Hawkes, for example. He got more screentime back in season one when he was an M.E.!

5. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

h

hi thnx for saying hi lol and agreeing with me
    i think the other characters personal lives would be soo much more intresting than D/Ls

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Dear Writers:
    I will hate you for the entirety of next season if the finale spoilers mean what I think they mean. Not cool, guys, not cool.

Speaking of which- if you're trying to keep the finale a big secret, releasing what will most likely be a spoiler is probably not the best way to go about it. (So much for "the writers don't know what'll happen", btw)

I'm just in denial and not a happy person at the moment,
    Alex

7. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

Dear TPTB,

I'm gonna do this short and to the point:

1. DO NOT KILL ANGELL;
    2. INSTEAD, WRITE LINDSAY OFF;

It's unbelievable how you have been making the most of your bad bad writing lately. First of you turn D/L into this irreversible, horrible soap opera by giving Lindsay too much focus. Now you're goona kill off Angell, who's much more of a character than the bland Lindsay. Do something right for once, put Belknap to rest and bring Angell more into the show, instead of killing her off.
    Grrr.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
  8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hey guys, please remember to put spoilers in a spoiler box (unless you're posting in a thread clearly marked as containing spoilers) as a courtesy to those who wish to remain spoiler-free. Thanks. :)

9. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

i totally agree with you and if i thought that it would actually help i would send a letter myself

10. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

a
    I ABSOLUTLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAY
    and am i the only one who though the whol rikki/ruben storyline was a load of crap? and danny has totally changed he nothing like he used to be.

11. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

Dear Writers,
    If I was allowed, I would let lose a stream of foul-mouthed words caused by the spoilers for the finale. I can not BELIEVE you are actually going to do what you say you are going to do, and I assure you, my faith in this show will waiver (if it already hasn't) a LOT if you go through with it.
    Not so love-y today,
    Laurie.

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

DEAR WRITERS:
    We are on strict no-communication terms.
    Fine, maybe Emmanuelle wanted to leave. Fine, maybe it'll have good emotional impact, since she's dating Flack and seems on relatively friendly terms with Stella.
    You're trying to appease me with giving Flack a scene with Angell's dad. However, it's not going to work very well. I am not in a forgiving mood.
    For once you write a ship that actually works. And instead of letting it pan out for longer than half a season, you kill half of that ship off.
    I am not in a good mood. At all. And it's all your fault.
    In conclusion: I am not happy with you.

So. TOTALLY. NOT. LOVE,
    Alex

ETA: Laurie, I've found that this works out well:
    :censored: :censored: :censored:

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Not so Dear Writers:

I certainly hope the spoilers that are out about the finale are completely and utterly false and just more red herrings.

If not, you really need to watch this show called NCIS. TPTB on that show could teach you a thing or ten about 1, Continuity 2, Character development that doesn't interfere with the procedural aspects of the show, and 3, How to keep spoilers secret from the masses until they come to pass. It comes on on the same network your show does on Tuesdays @ 8 eastern time.

In short, I am not going to call you idiots, because that is an unkindness to idiots and imbeciles everywhere.

f' you very much,

Kelly

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Writers:
    I agree with what Skytownmofo said. In addition to NCIS, try watching Criminal Minds. Even when they make a character development that slightly interferes with the procedural aspect, they still manage to make a good episode. They also understand continuity and consistant characters.
    And about the spoiler thing- CM managed to keep a spoiler about who got blown up until around August, and the only reason that got spoiled was because promo pics got released.

So I agree with Skytownmofo. Learn a few things from other shows.

Still Completely Hating You,
    Alex

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't know if this has been said already or not, but I'm too lazy to go back and read the whole thread, so forgive me if it's repetitive. :lol:

Dear Writers:

Please in the near future have one of the characters say to Danny "Book 'em Danno." :lol: I don't know why I want to hear that (considering I'm too young to remember the actual show that line came from), but I really want to hear someone say that. Preferably Don, but could be Mac, Stella, Hawkes or Adam too. :lol: