Danny & Rikki - But This Is My Shirt

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Having watched episode 4x16 again, I really agree with this. Remember episode 4x11? The way he was leaning on the door frame with Rikki standing there watching him ... there was no way he didn't know she was there and had full view of him posing the way he did! :devil:

[​IMG]

Danny, you horndog. :lol: :devil: (Thank you very much to 1csimfan for the screencap!)

Yeah, they were very likely attracted to each other long before then.

:D Who knows, there's always that possibility in the future! I think Rikki will always have a special place in Danny's heart, no matter how far apart they are.

By the way, thought you guys might like to know that episode 4x16, Right Next Door, has been submitted for consideration for the Emmy Awards! :) What a coincidence they'd pick the one where Danny and Rikki got intimate multiple times, hm? ;)

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I read that. :D
    Carmine is up for consideration for Child's Play. :thumbsup:

And ( Dumb question I know :wtf: ) Is that were your screen cap is from Kimmychu?
    I re-watched Child's Play on Wednesday. My husband chided me because he said I had seen it already. I said I wanted to see Danny and Rikki from the beginning. :D

She offered him a cup of coffee ( how sweet :D). She told Danny that Ruben had been up since 5:30 in the morning. Danny said he went to bed at 5:30 in the morning. I wonder what Danny was doing until 5:30 ??? Probably thinking of Rikki down the hall. :lol:

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:D Yes, he is! He really PWNed that episode, he did. His scenes with Jacqueline Pinol were marvelous as well. :) All the Danny/Rikki scenes were powerful, especially the one where Danny had to tell Rikki Ruben was dead. :(

[​IMG]

Even Danny's scenes with Ruben was good!

[​IMG]

Doesn't that just make your heart ache, knowing what would happen to Ruben later? :(

Yep, that screencap of Danny posing like an alleycat is from Child's Play. ;)

Yeah, see, that bit where she offered him coffee so easily and that Ruben had already 'booked' Danny for his bike christening that morning (with so much enthusiasm too!) made Rikki claiming that she and Danny were 'nothing more than neighbors who smiled at each other and joked at the mailboxes' kinda strange. I'm convinced Rikki said that in order to distance herself from Danny after their night of sex, and if it didn't persuade Danny, well ... I think even she didn't believe what she was saying.

Hahah, Danny probably had a late shift at the labs. :lol: But the way he was posing on the door that morning, right in front of Rikki? Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he thought of her whenever he came home and caught sight of her door.

After all that's happened, he'll probably think of her more than ever now.

4. ladyhunter

Those scenes with Danny and Ruben were precious. I think she trusted Danny and obviously he meant more to her that someone she just smiled at at the mailboxes. They had an attraction to each other and he hasn't told Lindsay about her (that we know of :eek:). Maybe next season Rikki will come up again. Possilby to sort out his feelings about Rubens death, Rikki moving and how he's going to handle all of it.

I was listening to the radio and heard this song...
    It's totally perfect for them right after Right Next Door.

Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls.

And Id give up forever to touch you
    cause I know that you feel me somehow
    Youre the closest to heaven that ill
    Ever be
    And I dont want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
    And all I can breathe is your life
    cause sooner or later its over
    I just dont want to miss you tonight

And I dont want the world to see me
    cause I dont think that theyd
    Understand
    When everythings made to be broken
    I just want you to know who I am

And you cant fight the tears that aint
    Coming
    Or the moment of truth in your lies
    When everything feels like the movies
    Yeah you bleed just to know youre alive

Understand

Understand

Understand

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

For serious. A mother doesn't just entrust her only child to a guy whom she just smiles at and jokes with at the mailboxes. There has to be major trust going on there just for that to happen. And hey, she could have protested with words all she wanted, but ...

[​IMG]

What's that saying, again?

Pictures speak a thousand words. :D :D :D

Yeah, it's possible TPTB may bring her back to stir up drama again. Fandom will totally explode if, oh I dunno, she comes back pregnant with Danny's baby. :eek: :lol: :p

I love that song. It's perfect for Danny/Rikki, particularly if you see it as Danny saying all that to Rikki.

Oh, Danny. :( You found someone who understood you and genuinely cared about you but the chance for things to go further was stolen. :(

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Yeah there is a small window there that is open, since that Rikki moved and not died or some other stupid cliche. The fandom will get nuts if that happens, and I think one Messer is enough (imagine a really needy and whiny 3 year old :lol:)

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

^ Makes you wonder why TPTB went into overkill mode and had Aiden raped and murdered, hm? It was no secret Danny had a thing for Aiden and even went so far as to let her know he thought she was hot. :lol: I loved that Aiden didn't think twice about speaking her own mind, just like Rikki spoke her own mind and made sure Danny heard her out without being controlling or pushy in, well, all their scenes.

:lol: Oh yeah, fandom will probably explode if that happened. And hahahah, if Danny, Jr. (or Danielle, even) was just like daddy, maybe that'll be what it takes to get Danny to go on a sabbatical like Carmine said in his interview. :guffaw: Takes a lot of work to take care of a baby, ya know!

[​IMG]

Here's Danny and Rikki from the final scene in episode 4x13, at Flack's precinct. Danny was certainly not happy at having to bring Rikki in for booking ... but the fact is, he did it. I loved that Rikki looked to him for guidance/comfort after Flack asked Angell to book Rikki, and that she waited until Danny nodded to let her know it's okay. It was obvious from the whole episode that Danny cared very much for her. :)

8. ladyhunter

AHHH yes, Danny did meet someone outside the lab that was perfect for him and *poof* TPTB took that away from him. :mad:

Well it does add more angst to his storyline, but from what I have read and seen he certainly doesn't need anymore drama.

As for a baby, well again, that's a little too over-the-top for me. But, they could create a Danny/Rikki storyline similar to the Gil/Lady Heather one in CSI LV.
    Rikki knows and trusts Danny so if she ever needed anything, she would know who to turn to.. and who knows, maybe they will re-kindle their hot love affair?? :lol: :D

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I know! Talk about a terribly wasted opportunity, right? :mad: At least there's always the chance she may return since they wrote her leaving so open-ended.

:lol: Danny is, like, the Drama Magnet. Doesn't matter how much drama he has, he always has it all year around. He's TPTB's cash cow, after all. ;) (Although I must say, people are getting tired of Danny drama. It would be nice to have a big break from it and have other characters come to the forefront instead, like Flack and Hawkes.)

:lol: Indeed it is over-the-top! That's why I won't put it past TPTB to pull a stunt like that. :eek: What was the Gil/Lady Heather storyline about? I'd love to know how it can be applied to Danny/Rikki. (I love Lady Heather, by the way. She's hawt.)

Ohh, I can definitely see them rekindling it. :D For all we know, Danny may be the one who ends up searching for her after some time. I won't be surprised if he ends up visiting Ruben's grave every year and meets her there one day.

10. ladyhunter

Lady Heather has always intrigued Grissom. (Yes, I know this is the Danny/Rikki thread ;) )
    And Grissom has always found a way to be there for her even though GSR went cannon. (not my favorite :rolleyes:)

I think the same thing could be applied to Danny/Rikki. There has been much debate on wheather or not D/L went cannon. I personally don't see them as cannon because Danny obviously had feelings for Rikki, otherwise he wouldn't have invited her to his bed. He would have found some other way of easing his pain over Rubens death. Rikki intrigues Danny much in the same way LH intrigues Grissom. Somehow Danny will be there for Rikki (such as visiting Rubens grave like you mentioned Kimmychu ) in the same way Grissom will be there for Lady Heather.

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I thought Lady Heather and Grissom would make for a very interesting couple. :D Lady Heather's hot, sexy and multi-layered stuff too, if ya get my drift. :devil: ;)

I think that debate is still going on as much as ever, which says a lot. :lol: However, based on what Lindsay said to Mac about her 'being so stupid for ever getting involved with Danny', it could very well be over for good before it even began.

Agreed very much! If he had any romantic feelings for Lindsay, period, he would have turned to her for support, wouldn't he? But no, he turned to Rikki instead, with whom he's been shown to be affectionate in some way or another whenever they were on screen. So in an ironic way, Danny not going to Lindsay at all is probably the biggest hint of all that Danny doesn't have any romantic feelings for Lindsay. He may see her as a friend he's had sex with before, but that's about it.

Danny's interaction with Rikki in 4x16 is the best evidence of what he's like when he is being loving and affectionate and caring.

I do like the idea of Danny and Rikki meeting every year to see how each other is doing. :) Rikki may have moved away because of the 'memories being too painful', but it certainly doesn't mean she also intended to completely cut Danny off for good. I can see Danny visiting Ruben's grave each year, and I highly doubt Rikki will object to that at all, considering how teary-eyed she got at having to tell Danny she was moving away and seeing how upset Danny became at that news.

It would be lovely to see a scene in season five where Danny and Rikki meet and update one another on their lives. :) Even better if they start over and give a relationship a shot. ;)

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Ladies and gentlemen! Excellent news from Ms. Pinol's website! :D :D :D

That's right, Rikki will be returning in season five! :D :D :D Oh my gosh, this news made my day. I knew she wasn't going to be gone forever! Now that it's confirmed Rikki will be back in the new season ...

What do you guys think TPTB has planned for Danny and Rikki? :D :D :D

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

This is excellent news. I wonder what her appearance will be like. If Rikki has decided she's made a mistake in leaving and then deciding to go back to Danny. That would be great. I'm hoping it's more than one appearance, which is what I'm figuring. Hopefully Danny and Rikki will get together when she returns!

14. ladyhunter

YEAH!!! That's great news Kimmychu :thumbsup:

She and Danny had such chemistry and such depth of emotions.

I'm hoping too, it's more than just a one time thing. That they rekindle their hot love affair. She tells him about Ruben and growing up and they go to his funeral together.

I put it in the spoiler box just in case. ;)

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

After knowing this news about Rikki returning in season five ...

I have this great hunch that Rikki really will return to see Danny because she's pregnant. After her goodbye to him in episode 4x19, I think everyone assumed she was never going to appear on the show again, but now that we know she's returning, possibly multiple times ... yeah, it would take something very important for her to see him again. Apart from a Rikki-is-pregnant storyline, the only other reason I can think of for her appearing on the show again is that Danny and Rikki miss each other and want to start things afresh as a couple, continuing to comfort each other and help each other deal with what happened.

Either way, it'll be good. :D Danny and Rikki really do have magnificent chemistry. :D