Danny & Rikki - But This Is My Shirt

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

We really don't see enough relationships outside of the workplace for these people, romantic or otherwise. Flack's little...thing with Devon is a bad example. :lol: As I've said (probably too much? :p), I'm open to this relationship either continuing or ending amicably.

However, I definitely think that there is more there than what they're acknowledging. They're being honest about what the relationship is, but they're avoiding what it could be. I don't see them making it serious, certainly not at this point, but I think the possibility remains. It may just be turning to sex now, but I really don't think it's "just sex", especially based on their body language and the way Rikki said it in the first place.

2. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Yes, me neither. Danny made the puppy eyes look when Rikki said it was just sex (and her look wasn't in tone with what she was saying either)

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I don't think it was 'just sex' either between them. Rikki said she was using Danny so she wouldn't be alone, but in reality, she could have picked anyone to have 'just sex' with. I know that sounds bad, but she went to Danny to ease her loneliness for a reason. Yeah, he was with her son, but again she could have chosen anyone, she went to Danny for a reason. :D

And here are more lyrics for their blooming relationship...

The Very Thought of You by Harry Connick Jr.

The very thought of you and I forget to do
    The little ordinary things that everyone ought to do
    I'm living in a kind of daydream
    I'm happy as a king
    And foolish though it may seem
    To me that's everything

The mere idea of you, the longing here for you
    You'll never know how slow the moments go till I'm near you
    I see your face in every flower
    Your eyes in stars above
    It's just the thought of you
    The very thought of you, my love

I see your face in every flower
    Your eyes in stars above
    It's just the thought of you
    The very thought of you, my love

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

You always put things so well and eloquently. :D If Rikki had said 'last night was just sex' straight out without any hesitation, I would have been more inclined to believe she really meant it. But that long pause and her bowing her head before she said it ... it took her some resolve just to be able to look Danny in the eye and say it. Even then, it looked like Danny didn't really believe it either.

Now there's an interesting point! A very good point, actually. It is very true that Rikki could have gone to anyone else if it was just sex she wanted, and here's the other thing ... Danny went to her too. He could have gone to someone else but no, he went to Rikki. And while Rikki said it aloud that it was 'just sex', he didn't. To him, being with Rikki, for now, is about 'making each other feel better' and 'making the hurt go away' for both of them.

As to why they turned to each other for support and more, guess we'll see if TPTB intends to show that in future episodes or not. :)

Heheh, there's another song I feel fits them well. It's The More I See You, my favorite version being the one sung by Nat King Cole:

Each time I look at you,
    It's like the first time.
    Each time you're near me,
    The thrill is new ...

And there is nothing that
    I wouldn't do for
    The rare delight of
    The sight of you, for ...

The more I see you,
    The more I want you ...
    Somehow this feeling
    Just grows and grows ...
    With every sigh I become more mad about you,
    More lost without you,
    And so it goes.

Can you imagine
    How much I'll love you?
    The more I see you,
    As years go by?
    I know the only one for me can only be you ...
    My arms won't free you;
    My heart won't try.

My favorite lines?

My arms won't free you;
    My heart won't try.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah. :D :D :D

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  5. ladyhunter

I haven't read any spoilers for upcoming episodes but is Rikki going to be in any more?
    I'm hoping that we do see her again and she and Danny have that same hot chemistry! Even if they say goodbye (which would make me sad :( ) and sort of upset at the writers for ending a hot relationship with someone outside of the lab. But if they do split up Danny and Rikki, I hope it's done with taste. :D

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, as long as they do it right, I'm fine with them ending what they had going on in "Right Next Door"--at this point in their lives, it really doesn't make much sense for them to continue things as they are now. That being said, I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do decide to continue their relationship. Considering spoilers from Ausiello, I'm not optimistic that this mature and intriguing little relationship will last much longer. :rolleyes:

Yes, she's listed as being in 4.19. She's toward the end of the list, which may mean she's toward the end of the episode. It may very well be a goodbye, but we'll have to wait and see.

7. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

Oh my gosh, I came here thinking that there wouldn't be a Danny/Rikki thread, and was pleasantly surprised! I really like these two together, and my first New York story was about them! They rock my socks and a shoe!

It's sad how they came together, though. I hate that Ruben was killed. That was so evil. He was such an adorable kid!!!

And I REALLY hope that Rikki sticks around. She's a great character!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  8. ladyhunter

Where is your fic? I'd love to read it. I'm working on a fic of my own. :D
    And, they do have fantastic chemistry. A lot of people saw it!

9. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

ZOMFG SOMEBODY WANTS TO READ MY STORY!

Sorry... *cough cough* Um... I get a little excited when someone actually ASKS to read one of my stories without me pushing it... okay, lemme go get you the link...

*five minutes later*

Darned internet connection being so slow
    What He Wants by Amanda Ruth: Danny/Rikki

10. ladyhunter

^^^ Amanda Ruth I loved it!!! That is a great insight into how Danny was feeling about Rikki.
    And (this goes out to all the D/F shippers) do you think Flack would approve or not of Danny and Rikki? Flack is his best friend, right? So I do think it would be important to Danny if he got some sort of input from Flack before pursuing a relationship with Rikki.
    What does anyone eles think?

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Here's the wonderful thing about fandom: The only limit is your imagination. Since Rikki was introduced as someone whom Danny's already known for a very long time, fans have ample opportunities to speculate on how Danny and Rikki met, what they were like towards each other throughout the years leading up to Ruben's untimely passing, and even into the future. Even if Danny and Lindsay do get together and what not, nothing is ever set in stone. In fact, in TV land, the instant a ship involving two main characters goes canon, it's usually time for the shippers to grieve. But in fandom, anything goes. ;)

Even if Danny and Rikki part ways, I highly, highly doubt it'll be such that Danny suddenly turns on Rikki and hates her (although I'm very certain a particular group of people are hoping that just so Rikki won't be a 'threat' anymore :rolleyes:). If anything, I predict it'll be that Rikki either feels she's doing Danny wrong by taking advantage of his guilt for companionship or she realizes Danny's falling in love with her (and very likely vice versa) and she doesn't want to hurt Danny anymore than he already is hurting, and then tells Danny they need some distance between them. If Danny and Rikki do part ways, it'll probably be amicable and open-ended in such a way that there will always be a chance for Rikki to return in the future.

Heck, the way Danny clung onto her and wouldn't let her go or stop caressing her and touching foreheads with her ... I imagine Danny will be very upset about her leaving and maybe blame himself even more than ever because he'll think he's the cause of more pain for Rikki. :( Let us hope that TPTB will do Danny and Rikki justice should they be parting ways in the near future.

And hello, Amanda_Ruth! :D A Danny/Rikki story! Yours may very well be the very first complete one! You bet there are people who think Danny and Rikki are wonderful together! :D If intimacy needed a picture next to it in the dictionary, it'd show Danny and Rikki holding each other and kissing like they did in episode 4x16. :devil: ;)

Heheh, that's an interesting question! As proven in episode 3x23, Danny does go to Flack for advice and emotional support outside of work. I think Flack's the kind of guy who doesn't butt into the personal business of the people he cares about unless he's certain it'll be bad. Flack will probably only say his mind about Rikki if Danny asks him straight for it. Flack is protective of Danny, but he also understands Danny's a grown man who can think and take care of himself. So if Danny chooses to be with Rikki, it's nobody's business but Danny's. That's what I think anyway. :p

12. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

I'm happy to be here! And yes! Intimacy, Love, and Happiness = Danny/Rikki!

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Heh, this is all in the spoiler box since episode 18 is still airing as of me typing this ... Since the episode is titled Admissions and there was a spoiler in the spoiler thread claiming there would be tension between Danny and Lindsay over Rikki., I had speculated that this was the episode where Danny would tell Lindsay about Rikki.

Well, it turns out there's zero Danny/Lindsay interaction, and Danny didn't tell Lindsay about Rikki. According to more spoilers in the spoiler thread, there is also supposedly a 'date' between Danny and Lindsay at the beginning of episode 19 where they're at a basketball game that ends up being tied to a case. So if this 'date' actually comes to pass ... and then Lindsay finds out about Danny having slept with Rikki and there's tension between Danny and Lindsay about it ... and then Rikki shows up later in the episode ... :devil::devil::devil: Oh yeah, anything goes at this point!

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  14. ladyhunter

That makes me very happy.. I'll save my comments since I have yet to see the episode... an hour and a half to go ( I'm on the west coast)
    but..

Kimmychu, I don't know if you figured out the comment Danny said to Rikki before they became lip locked again.. :drool:

Danny: I just want this hurt to go way, DON'T YOU??

I know this because I've watched that clip like a thousand times :D (okay, not really :rolleyes: but enough time to still think it's pretty hot :p )

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Oh yes, those two words at the end definitely stood out to me! Not only did it show Danny's wish was to take away Rikki's pain as well, but it showed that he made sure to ask Rikki straight out so they were eye to eye (literally!) about things. That showed open and straightforward communication. Ya know, mature, adult discussion.

Also, Rikki could very well have pushed Danny away and walked out even though he practically begged her to stay, but she didn't. She was honest about her thoughts and feelings and made sure Danny heard them out.

He did. He wanted to be with her and he wanted her to stay anyway.

And she did. :D

[​IMG]