Danny & Rikki - But This Is My Shirt

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah, those pictures are HOT :drool: :drool:
    I especially loved Danny's voice when he answered the phone at the beginning of the scene. I wonder if he used that low, extremely sexy voice with Rikki :)

I'm glad she's coming back. That would be sweet if Danny went after Rikki? He showed up at her door with a cup of sugar. :D He'd tell her she needs to come back to him. I'll stop now. That's just the romantic shipper in me. ;)

2. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Wow. Those pictures are really hot.

I certainly hope that she does come back as a recurring character, and they do the storyline justice. Like I said in another thread, I don't want her to go into the black hole of continuity, but I don't want a half baked story that's not believable, or something too soapy.

Yeah, I'd love to see her "explore" her chemistry with Danny like in the above pix, but....I don't want it to detract.

You can tell she and Danny really do have a bond, and they really do get each other. All of that from less than ten minutes on screen. Imagine what could happen if they gave her regular screen time....

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Dude, that's what this thread is for! To gush about romantic stuff for Danny/Rikki! :lol: I lovelovelove the thought of Danny showing up at her door with a cup of sugar ala, "I still think of you living next to me/I miss your smile." :D And him telling her he needs her ... well, if TPTB ever goes that route in canon, it'll blow my mind. That is indeed very, very sweet.

Agreed! Jacqueline Pinol has proven herself to be more than capable of acting out a good storyline. :) TPTB gives Rikki and Danny a great storyline, they'll knock it outta the ball park!

TPTB gives her more screen time, especially with Danny, I think screens all over the world will sizzle from the hotness. :eek: :lol:

More pictures of Danny/Rikki, courtesy of the lovely 1csimfan! This is from their scene in episode 4x19, Personal Foul:

[​IMG]

Awww, Rikki's given him her gift. Notice he's not upset in any way. If you watch the scene, he actually chuckles as he accepts the jar of sugar from Rikki and has a little smile on his face from the instant she appeared at his door.

[​IMG]

This is him, after she abruptly tells him she's moving away. :( Oh, Danny. What makes the scene even more moving is that you can clearly see him attempting to not show his upset but it's to no avail.

And if you think Danny was the only one who was upset ...

[​IMG]

Her eyes are all teared up. It's touching and heartwrenching at the same time to see she's trying her hardest to not show how upset/sad she is either. :(

[​IMG]

When Rikki walks away, Danny calls her back to him. She does so, then strokes his face and tells him, "You're a sweet man."

[​IMG]

Then she tries her best to smile at him one last time ... and walks away.

[​IMG]

:( :( :( His face says it all.

4. ladyhunter

That scene was so sad and touching. Neither one of them wanted to say goodbye. :(

That's why it will be that much better when they meet up again. I see them having an awkward moment at first, not knowing what to say to each other, then smiles from both of them ease the tension. Here's a question, who would invite who over first?
    Oh, and I see a fic coming from their reunion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2008
  5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Here's Danny before Rikki handed him the sugar. He's definitely NOT upset at all.
    [​IMG]

Even Rikki was happy when Danny first came to the door.
    [​IMG]

This was the moment after Rikki told him she was leaving.
    [​IMG]

After he goes back inside and is looking at Ruben's memorial pamphlet.
    [​IMG]

It's very obvious that Danny was upset with Rikki's sudden announcement that she was leaving and like I mentioned in the Bring Rikki Back thread, we don't know where Rikki moved to. I think it might be assumed that she left the city but how do we know she's not still close? Maybe getting away from all the memories was just getting away from her apartment. That's where most of her memories with Ruben had been especially if they'd lived there a while.

6. ladyhunter

Thanks Kimmychu and 1CSIMfan for the pictures.
    That moment was so sad and bittersweet. They both were trying to hold in their tears.

Since it's been brought up, I think possibly Rikki moved out of the area where they were living. Somewhere in Manhatten, right? (I know nothing about the east coast :eek:)

Maybe she just moved to a different neighborhood since the memories of Ruben are too painful for her to live in that neighborhood where Danny lives.

So, it entirely possible that she and Danny could run into each other while out in the city. And let me tell you, I can't wait for them to reunite. Even when they aren't kissing (or doing other things ;) ) they just ooozzeee chemistry. ;)

PS- Do we still need to use the spoiler tags when talking about Rikki? Just thought I'd ask.

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:( Yes, that's why it left such a lasting impression on me. The screencaps alone only show so much! The one where Rikki tries show a happy smile to Danny before walking away from him gets to me every time. Danny watching her walk away with tears in his eyes and that unhappy downward curve to his lips is equally moving.

Jacqueline Pinol is such an amazing actress. :) And together with Carmine Giovinazzo, they make for a great pair on screen!

You mean after they meet again, right? :) My money is definitely on Danny asking her first. He'll probably be nervous just thinking about asking to see her again! :lol: But I think if he does ask, she won't hesitate to say yes.

NYC is a huge city. It's made out of five boroughs, one of them being Manhattan. There's also Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx and Staten Island. Manhattan itself is already large, so it's possible she may have just moved away from the neighborhood but is still in Manhattan. Even if she moved to another borough, it's easily accessible by road or train.

So yeah, you're right, it's entirely possible they could run into each other time and again even if they don't actively seek each other out.

Trust me, you're not the only one who can't wait for them reunite. ;) Indeed, they have chemistry from head to toe and back up! :drool: :cool:

:lol: Ya know, I'm wondering that myself. Why did we start using spoiler tags?

Aw, look at him. He was probably already wondering why Rikki would suddenly give him a present. Poor Danny, hearing her say she's moving away must have been the last thing he expected to hear. :(

To lighten up the mood some ... who else thought about pouring some sauce onto those arms to nibble of them, hm? :lol: :devil:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Well, when the news first broke it was a spoiler and was posted in the spoiler thread. I was wondering though why we're still using them in here. I don't think anybody minds being spoiled in here. If anybody doesn't want to be spoiled, please speak up. ;) I'm thinking that we don't need them anymore since there's now a Bring Rikki Back thread in the NY forum and everybody in this thread has already heard the news. :)

Does Danny live in Manhattan? I was thinking he lived in Brooklyn. Wasn't that church he took Ruben to in Brooklyn? :confused: Of course, it doesn't really matter since she still may live in the same borough or a neighboring borough.:p

I did! :devil: I thought about all kinds of things to do with those arms.:drool:

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Huh, that's an interesting question ... where exactly does Danny live? I don't think it's ever been confirmed where he stays, but when I first started watching, I assumed Queens for some reason. Then later, when I heard Zuiker's comments about the show 'being all about Manhattan' (it still makes me :mad:), I figured Danny probably stays in Manhattan. So if Danny stayed in Manhattan, so did Rikki. ;)

But yeah, I gotta look up where exactly that church shown in episode 4x11 was. I know there's the Trinity Church in Manhattan and the interior scene at the end of the episode looks very much like the interior of Trinity and St. Paul's chapel.

Yep. :D Even if they lived on opposite sides of the city, if they yearned to see each other, all they have to do is travel. ;)

10. snickerdoodle

snickerdoodle Dead on Arrival

I did! :devil: I thought about all kinds of things to do with those arms.:drool:[/quote]

Am I wrong, or is that the mysterious sugar bowl returned from the black hole of continuity there in Danny's left hand?

And yes, I have a bottle of Stubb's BBQ sauce in the fridge that would go good with those arms. :devil:

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: That's right! Except for that particular screencap, it's technically 'correct' for it to show up on screen because that screencap is from after Rikki shows up at his door to tell him she's moving away. The scenes were switched so the Black Blob of Continuity only shows up during his phone call to Lindsay that was placed before Rikki appearing at his door.

The following information about Danny's apartment whereabouts is thanks to 1csimfan. :)

Danny and Ruben attended a bike christening at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine. You can see a website for theAnnual Blessing of the Bikes here. The church is located in Morningside Heights, Manhattan, so since Danny and Ruben walked there, Danny's apartment must be very close to the church.

So it's official, guys, Danny lives in an apartment building in Morningside Heights. :)

And speaking of the bike blessing ...

[​IMG]

Awwww. Danny's good with kids. He definitely cared for Ruben and liked the little guy. :( Wasn't it nice of him to go with Ruben for the christening at 6AM when he only toppled into bed a few hours before? :D Good to know he keeps his promises!

EDIT: Hey guys ...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'M SO HAPPY! Do you guys find it interesting the word few is in quotation marks? I'm thinking it could mean far more than a 'few' episodes. :D

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  12. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

YES! that makes me happe as all get out.

It'll be good to see her back, in whatever role TPTB put her in. The way she and Danny treated each other, with respect and love, really was cool. I just do hope they don't bring her back preggers. Given TPTB's record with continuity, I don't think it would work well at all.....Too soapy, IMO.

13. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

I'm supposed to be doing college work at the moment - shame on me!

Although I wouldn't say I ship these two I do love their chemistry, and with the news that Rikki is coming back I can't wait to see in what capacity they'll use JP.

The characters worked so well together and for me they don't even need to make them a couple, there was such fondness and comfort with them that it made them so easy to watch, they could just stay friends and be there for each other and I would be just as happy.

I think it was Rikki who said that Danny was just some guy she just used to see at the mail box (or something to that effect) before all the stuff with Rueben happened, and it's so true that you bond with people so quickly in times mutual turmoil and emotion, it doesn't lessen the bond or make it weaker in anyway though, in fact it usually acts as a springbaord for a deeper understanding of each other.

In her break up with Danny she did seem gueninely sorry that she wouldn't be around but that she needed to do this to move beyond the grief she was feeling, but I thought it was very telling that she didn't just leave, regardless of their relationship BEFORE the death of her son she still knew he deserved an explanation as to her leaving, I also liked the whole Danny, "I don't think this is a good idea anymore" assuming she was coming over for comfort. Danny realising that guilty, greif ridden sex, isn't going to help anyone move beyond what happened, but I didn't see him wanting to stop everything, his little face when she says she is going... so different from the face he pulls when Lindsey dropped the whole "and I need to find a way to get over you".

Which brings me onto my next point, at no point does Rikki say she doesn't want to see Danny again, or that she is switching any feelings off or over from him, she just says she is moving away. I like that she is trying to ease the guilt he feels, she is trying to be strong and also not make him feel responsible for her leaving (as no doubt he probably would) and in a way she is actually opening up the possibility of their relationship (however you want to define that) moving forward at some point. I never saw her as closing the door (although I didn't think we would ever see her again as TPTB aren't big on continuity) on them, just moving her life forward.

On a lighter note, and having friends who are single parents it is something that has struck me, whilst Danny and Rikki may have not seen themselves as anything more than neighbours (although regardless of Danny's status as a cop I'm not sure I'd be so trusting of a guy I only knew to say hello too in the hallway take my kid out, so I think her dumbing down of their relationship was done to play down her emotions at leaving, the poor woman is already grieving) Rueben may have done, my friends kids will often chatter away to men they think are really nice (teachers are a big favourite) and would like to play a bigger role in their lives because they see something that we as adult don't see or avoid as it might make things awkward. Rueben and Danny clearly get along, Rueben was very at ease around Danny and for me it was a bit of hero worship, it is not unreasonable to think that perhaps Rueben would have seen a spark of interest between his mother and Danny and befriended Danny in the hope that something would happen (in all childish innocence).

It is just an observation, from watching and listening (and witnessing) to certain friends children.

Wow that was longer than it was meant to be. Sorry for waffling.

14. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Agreed. :) Jacqueline is such a sweet and talented person! She's a joy to watch on screen so whatever reason Rikki's returning for, it'll be good! Indeed, the way Rikki and Danny treated each other and behaved towards each other is a fantastic example of what love is really like.

:lol: As of writing this, I'm ambivalent about it. For me, it'll depend on how the writers handle it. If I had a choice though, I'd rather she returned to the show because she and Danny have developed deep feelings for each other and they want to go further. And if the writers still choose to write in a pregnancy, then one will work great in that context.

I'm with you there! :D Paired up or not, Danny and Rikki are indeed wonderful to watch together. Now that's what we call chemistry!

Yes, and this is the reason I don't get why Rikki 'isn't allowed to have a relationship' with Danny because of what happened to Ruben. What, once a mother loses her child to a tragic death, she can't ever love anyone again and only deserves a lifetime of grief? :rolleyes:

I also agree with the rest of your post. So much word there!

Thanks for the insight into this. :) Danny and Ruben did clearly get along. It really is possible Ruben may have seen attraction between his mom and his next door neighbor police man! But Ruben's passed away. :(

But now we know Rikki's returning for several episodes, so who knows how far things will go for Danny and Rikki! :D I can't wait for season five!

15. ladyhunter

I'm glad she's coming back. TPTB obviously saw something in their relationship too. Hopefully Rikki and Danny get to spend some more time together and not in a court room or in the police precinct.
    But something more, like a stroll in the park or a nice casual meal.

I'm sure she'll tell him about how Ruben grew up and about how they moved to the city, etc...
    And he can tell her how he because a CSI, his childhood etc..

Wouldn't that be sweet? Like a first date ;)