Danny/Lindsay poll

And to the person who said she's better than Emily Procter, I beg to differ. Emily is convincing as Calleigh, you can't look at her and see that she's acting.
Just for the record, I haven't said that Emily is a bad actress. I think she does a great job and she's still the highlight on Miami. But Anna just comes of way more natural to me. Didn't you all notice how robotic Calleigh has become? But I actually blame the writers for that.
Anyhow, Anna has made a bigger impression on me.

Calleigh did lose two people who meant a lot to her. As a character, she's been through some low points recently. But it says a lot about Emily Procter that she can do both light and cheerful and still pull off more serious scenes. (I don't think she's become robotic, but she was severely underused last season)
I guess it's just personal opinion, but Anna rarely lights up the screen for me the way Emily does.

Edit: I need to explain this further, before I offend anyone. (I know I'm swinging off topic here, and I apologise) Calleigh's robotic-ness, her generally low mood for the past season fits perfectly with what we know of her character and it's progression. Calleigh is the heart of the team - she lost two people. We've seen her go through mourning, although in CSI we don't normally acknowledge it as such. (Eric's lost his best friend, we'll have him act a bit weird for a while...) We don't know why Lindsay lost her temper a lot towards the end of NY season two, for example. And yes, it is a writing thing. Half of the time they don't seem to know who or what Lindsay IS, and we see her shifting and changing as the series goes on. So they want her on screen, but don't really tell us anything.

I don't normally like female characters. Maybe because I'm female myself, I find them two-dimensional and stereotyped a lot of the time. Calleigh, to me, is a wonderful example of a character written properly, a character I can like. She's feminine, yet strong, good at her job, and loyal to her friends. I love the fact she's a southern belle and a lady. We've seen her high and her lows, her mistakes and her weaknesses. Granted, she's been round a lot longer than Lindsay. But when Emily Procter acts, she lights up the screen. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of scenes where she stares very intently at whoever she's talking to - Horatio, Speedle, Delko, Wolfe. She sizzles with all of them. It never needed to be said if she was flirting or that any dating was going on - there was chemistry and the fans picked up on it, which is why Calleigh is shipped with just about everyone. Emily flirts with us and the camera as much as Calleigh does with her co-workers. Calleigh fits Emily like a glove.

When I watch Lindsay and Danny, I don't get that same sizzle. I don't get the hairs standing up on the back of my neck, or the little laugh when I spot a shippy moment. Because I don't think Anna knows who Lindsey is, or how she'd react to a given situation. We need to see more of Lindsay as an individual, as a character with depth, before we can see her as a character in a relationship.

That's just my view. *shrug*

I agree with you Lyn. Calleigh's ex-boyfriend killed himself in her ballistics lab which she later went back to work in only to have parts of his brain fall on her labcoat from the ceiling. It would only be natural that she would go from cheerful, perky Calleigh to a more darker Calleigh.

IMO, Emily makes a much bigger impression on me than Anna ever has.

Stella has chemistry with a telephone pole for all I care. She has chemistry with everybody on the show. Her chemistry with Danny is kind of like a mommy or big sister. She's always there to tell him, "good job!"

I still stand by my theory that a lot of people who like DL don't post a whole lot. People who are extreme one way or the other are more vocal, and in my experience people are often stronger in their negative reactions.

As for not watching CSI NY if DL happens, that's up to each individual. Personally, as someone who likes DL, I would like to see it continue kind of softly in the background like it has been ... it's still a crime/procedure show and should largely remain that way. One note, however: CSI NY when it first began was supposed to be more character-driven than the others.

As for Emily Proctor? For me, she is what makes the show worth watching. She's a great actress and I enjoy her. I may be in the minority in these postings, but I like Anna as well. I've always thought her acting was kind of guarded, believable IMO for a woman moving from one extreme (Montana) to another (NY).

I generally like most of the CSI woman, although Sara grates on me sometimes (she's better lately) and Natalia bugs me. I like Alexx, although I wish she'd stop sweet-talking the corpses - Honey baby! What happened to you, sweetness?

I still stand by my theory that a lot of people who like DL don't post a whole lot. People who are extreme one way or the other are more vocal, and in my experience people are often stronger in their negative reactions.
I believe you, darlin', it just surprises me sometimes. ;) And I always admire that you are willing to come in and share your feelings, knowing that so many posters might turn right around and disagree with you. *huggles audrina* (Of course, I also know that there are a number of posters who run screaming to other forums, threads, etc. as soon as something negative is said about Lindsay or D/L, so I guess I can hardly expect people to stand up for what they feel. *shrug*)

In any case, if the writers make D/L canon this season, I'm not going to stop watching. I might not be happy, but having the relationship itself won't turn me away. If the show becomes absolute crap, that's another story, but I'm not going to leave just because I despise the direction the writers might be taking with one of the relationships. My reason for saying that some people would stop watching, etc. was in an attempt to show that there are different degrees to which people are opposed to the relationship, and conversely there are different degrees to which people are supportive of it. 'Yes' and 'No' don't accurately measure it, in the end, so what we see here isn't a perfect gauge of how people feel about the subject. :) (Hopefully that was a bit more understandable than what I posted before. :lol:)

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with a Danny/Flack pairing. Nothing at all. But the viewing public at large wouldn't stand for it. They'd be burning crosses on Zuiker's lawn. So since that's not going to happen except in our fanfic universe, what I'd really prefer is something romantic between one of the stars and a guest actor, like in Criminal Minds where Spencer Reid had that little interlude with that model or whatever she was. We got to see Reid loosen up a bit but nothing came of it. Or when Gideon got emotionally attached to the mom who was on death row. They could easily do something like that on any of the CSI shows.

And as for the female leads? My favorite is Emily Procter as Calleigh. I'm hoping that Anna will start to flesh out Lindsay as season 3 progresses.

They've had gay couples in other series, I don't think there'd be cross-burning. It doesn't have to be hardcore gay sex, it could just be inferences. Hell, we don't have much more than inferences now, and it's a hugely popular pairing.
Messiah 2 over here had a gay cop in it, and he was sleeping with two different men. I don't recall there being a fuss about it, but the UK is a little more laid-back in what it's prepared to accept.

The normal "method" of relationships in CSI is to mention someone but never let us see them, like "Pam" in Miami or "Cindy" in NY.

Also... you're a CM fan?! We have an active thread on here :D

I can understand why the network wouldn't want to go with a male/male pairing on a show like this, even if I don't like it. However, somebody has to take the first step. If it was done correctly, I think D/F would be a great part of NY, but that's neither here nor there and it'll most likely be a while before the networks consider something like that.

I'm surprised that 5 people have voted for Danny/Aiden considering that there's no chance of that happening. :confused:

(And yesh, CM fans should visit the thread over in the General TV and Media Forum. Lyn and I are crazy in there. :lol:)

Evidently I'm just too European and don't care *lol*.

Obviously, NY is planning a secret they-didn't-really-kill-Aiden thing, and it'll turn out it was all the CIA's doing. Only these five people know about it at present.

I love Criminal Minds. It's the perfect show to have before NY on Wednesday nights. And I think Reid is just too cute, and I like Gideon too. It's a great show.

D/F pairing need not be overly gay. Their friendship is chemistry enough. Not to mention two extremely hot guys in one frame does wonders to a viewer lol!

I agree they could write Danny and Flack closer together without it seeming gay. Did anyone ever watch Starsky&Hutch? Not the movie but the old TV show. It always seemed to me that those guys were closer than just friends, though it was never overt. I think I saw that as a slash pairing long before I knew what slash was! If they would just put Danny and Flack in a dangerous situation like we were talking about in another thread where Danny is hurt and Flack has to keep him alive till help arrives, that would be great. They did some stuff like that in Starsky&Hutch and I enjoyed it. Those guys were the Danny and Flack of their day.

I think when it comes right down to it I really don't care who they pair with whom as long as the stories continue to be interesting and they keep it going as a character-driven show, because I love that so much!

Back