Danny/Lindsay poll

eeek. :confused: I was mostly being sarcastic when I said I had the fear of being hunted down and beaten!! But you have to admit that this particular ship usually leads to a pretty intense debate, and I 'spose I don't care enough either way to debate the whole D/L thing. I mean, on one hand I don't think there's much chemistry between them, but I don't know, I still think it's kind of cute... when it's not forced. Anyway, I read all the debates and everything, but I don't usually post because I don't feel strongly enough one way or the other to debate it. Maybe similiar sentiments account for the high pro-d/l numbers in the poll?? I don't know, but that's what I'm getting at I guess. :eek:

I don't really care whether the ship takes off or not. If it does, good! If it doesn't, it's not the end of the world (for me), plus I'd get to see more of the "tension". Hehe.

As for the ships, I want Mac/Stella. :D And some Flack lovin' too. :)

Being anti-D/L is miles different from being anti-Lindsey. I like her (at some point, she gets to my nerves sometimes) but if the writers are putting her with Danny with romantic hints here and there... I don't like it. Not her.

It irks me that the writers are bordering on shoving the (romantic) 'relationship' down out throats. Clearly, they don't watch their own show enough. Or are we seeing a different frame? Anyway, the relationship doesn't work (for me anyway).

I didn't mean to imply that to dislike D/L you automatically dislike Lindsay--mostly I was just specifying that I see similar 'fear' reactions for both. It's certainly possible to dislike the ship and be quite fond of the character herself. I probably should have said as much. ;)

Now, going back to your original comment, kasmith, I'm sure that there was sarcasm involved, but when you said "mostly" in your last post it confirms what I initially suspected--which is that, on some level, you do feel that way. I can understand not being totally for or against something or not wanting to get involved in heated debates about it. ;) I was simply expressing my surprise that so many people seem to support the ship going canon when the general discussion on the board doesn't indicate that. :)

I don't think I'd really care either way if I felt that it was going to be handled well. Maybe the writers will surprise me, who knows, but at this point I'm saying that I'm definitely against it.

But several of the recent posts bring up a good question--I wonder how many people who voted that they should hook up would be really upset if the writers did not go that route? *is curious*

I used to be a reporter, and used to be in charge of letters to the editor (typing, etc.) One thing I learned is that negative letters outweighed positive letters. What I'm saying is, it always seemed like people who were against something were more likely to speak out - that's what may be happening here.

Me personally I like to debate, so sometimes I will. But others are content just to enjoy what they enjoy and leave it at that.

^ That's exactly what I keep trying to point out, but obviously not doing a good job.

I just remember a few months ago, and maybe it was more on the ship board, but things were getting pretty heated, to the point that I avoided it. For the *most* part things were pretty civil debates. But one or two really passionate posters (for lack of a better term I guess) can leave an impression. That's what I meant by mostly I suppose.

I voted hell no for the D/L ship as if anybody had to ask. :p There is absolutely NO chemistry between these two. Besides, this is a crime show not a soap. Please don't let NY follow in the footsteps of Vegas and Miami.

As for the second question-lots of pairings left off. Where's Danny/Flack????? Is everyone afraid they'd win? :p :devil:

Oh well. Since there's no Danny/Flack, I voted for Hawkes/OC. He needs some loving. Of course, I would have voted Flack/OC but OC would have to be me. :rolleyes:

A big NO for Danny/Lindsay. In the second one I voted for Mac/Stella :D

After the first few episodes of last season I probably would have had said yes to a D/L relationship but as the season went on it was obvious that they are lacking chemistry. I found it incredibly annoying that they kept forcing it on the viewer

After the first few episodes of last season I probably would have had said yes to a D/L relationship but as the season went on it was obvious that they are lacking chemistry. I found it incredibly annoying that they kept forcing it on the viewer.
That's similar to how I felt as well. If the writers had continued things the way they were earlier on in S2, I wouldn't be so opposed to the ship, but the way it got toward the end just made me cringe. It's like they found something they liked and thought the best way to show us that they liked it was to shove it in at every opportunity. :rolleyes: But like I said before, the writers could surprise me.

I'm sure that there are people who support the ship who don't feel the need to debate about it, but I think it's understandable that the most vocal people are those opposed to something--if you support what the writers are doing, then you're going to be more content and laid-back than if you feel like they're slowly twisting the knife to kill the show. *shrug* That's just my opinion anyway.

^It got a bit too much. Up to the point that the whole thing looked like it's forced. Heck, I can even sense that the actors are struggling to pull the scenes off.

^I kind of liked the Danny/Lindsay interactions in the middle of the season. The sparring initially seemed forced, but when they lightened up Lindsay she was a more likable character. However, when it got to be that they had a scene in every episode, it was clear that the writers were trying to make up for a lack of chemistry between the actors. It got into overkill by the end of the season, and the scenes just got painful to watch.

Back