Danny/Lindsay poll

audrina said:
I may be in the minority in these postings, but I like Anna as well. I've always thought her acting was kind of guarded, believable IMO for a woman moving from one extreme (Montana) to another (NY).
I don't want to start a debate, but I disagree on her acting being guarded. Because when she first came in, she was actually quite fun. Her character had this gung-ho attitude of processing the scene, didn't mind getting into tiger poop and dumpsters, etc, and she seemed lighter in her nature. It was afterwards that she became stiff, guarded and overall a bit confusing. That's why I started to dislike her, more than the fact that she was obviously being made to have a 'romantic' connection with Danny. I just didn't understand the change.

Okay, I'm done, carry on.

audrina said:
Personally, as someone who likes DL, I would like to see it continue kind of softly in the background like it has been ...

I think that's one of my biggest problems with it though--a scene every episode does not equate to in the background. It's front and center and in our faces. The sexual tension between Cath and Warrick wasn't highlighted in every episode, nor was the attraction between Sara and Grissom. So why the need to shove Danny and Lindsay in our faces in every single episode? If the chemistry was there, the writers wouldn't have needed to do that. Love or hate the Cath/Warrick pairing, those two sizzle when they're on screen together, so the scenes between the two of them could be much more subtle.

As for Emily--that girl has oodles of talent. As someone said above, the role of Calleigh fits her like a glove. Anna just hasn't found her character yet, and she had a whole season in which to do so. But I watch her on screen and see no real connection with the character. I've seen her in 6 eps of Medical Investigation now, and she was much better in that show. She's a pretty mediocre actress, but at least she had a handle on the character in MI. I hope she can connect with Lindsay this season, because she's going to be given a lot to do and it will suck if she can't carry it off.

Danny and Flack. Ah, my favorite boys. Much as I think it would be fun, it's not going to happen. There's enough subtext in their scenes to keep me happy! ;)

I think that's one of my biggest problems with it though--a scene every episode does not equate to in the background. It's front and center and in our faces. The sexual tension between Cath and Warrick wasn't highlighted in every episode, nor was the attraction between Sara and Grissom. So why the need to shove Danny and Lindsay in our faces in every single episode? If the chemistry was there, the writers wouldn't have needed to do that. Love or hate the Cath/Warrick pairing, those two sizzle when they're on screen together, so the scenes between the two of them could be much more subtle.

I remember that I wrote somewhere here in this forum that the producers just felt like they had a field day in making ships. Mac/Stella was a huge hit... the same with Ryan/Calleigh and yes, GSR. All the other ships are fan-made. Since Smackers was so big, IMO the producers felt that they CAN introduce and promote ships like that in the future. I guess they enjoyed the high that they got off Smackers that they went overboard with D/L.

lyne -- I agree. Friendship for D/F is enough. Like your avatar. There's nothing like seeing these two being there for each other in times of need.

CrimeShark said:
audrina said:
I may be in the minority in these postings, but I like Anna as well. I've always thought her acting was kind of guarded, believable IMO for a woman moving from one extreme (Montana) to another (NY).
I don't want to start a debate, but I disagree on her acting being guarded. Because when she first came in, she was actually quite fun. Her character had this gung-ho attitude of processing the scene, didn't mind getting into tiger poop and dumpsters, etc, and she seemed lighter in her nature. It was afterwards that she became stiff, guarded and overall a bit confusing. That's why I started to dislike her, more than the fact that she was obviously being made to have a 'romantic' connection with Danny. I just didn't understand the change.

Okay, I'm done, carry on.

No worries, we just disagree and see things differently. I do hope that Lindsay's not all angst this season, just because it's like, enough already, we get that she has baggage -- let it out and MOVE ON!!

I think there is no chemistry between danny and lindsay!

about the second poll I'd want to vote for danny/flack but they are not in the list so I voted for mac/stella :)

CrimeShark said:
I don't want to start a debate
Nothing wrong with a good debate. ;)

Everyone has brought up great points in these past few posts. :D Excellent posting, guys. ;)

Yesh, I like to see new Danny/Flack fans around the site. ;)

I agree with you, chaos, that D/F is a 'natural' ship, the chemistry just sort of exists there under the surface. They work well together, but you also get the feeling that there's a genuine connection between them, whether you feel it's romantic or just as friends. (And now the most long-winded D/F shipper has spoken. That was shorter than my general posts though. :lol:)

But you know, I felt I should say this here since it didn't seem appropriate elsewhere. Where is it written that failing to see chemistry between two characters means that you're in denial or you're skeptical? My choice of 'no' for the question in this poll comes from a lot of reasons, none of which involve being 'sour' that the writers might be heading into a direction where D/L could become canon. Yes, I don't like the idea, and I'm obviously vocal in my dislike of the ship and what it's done to the show before it even becomes canon, but I don't think that makes me blind or stupid. And voicing my opinion about the flaws of a character or the actor/actress that plays that character does not indicate jealousy and is not automatically 'bashing.' Just thought I should put that out there.

It's a well known fact that I don't like the d/l ship either. There's a lot of reasons I don't like it and it's not because I am a die hard Danny/Flack shipper.

I voted no because:

~I just do not see this so called c-h-e-m-i-s-t-r-y between Danny and Lindsay (if I did, I might think different)
~I find that their "flirting" scenes seem "forced"
~I think Lindsay needs to be developed on her own rather than leaning on Danny

When Carmine does interviews you can tell he's really enthusiastic about Danny's friendships with other characters as well as his personal development. I can imagine he'd be more excited about those sorts of storylines than romantic ones that (so far) have watered down the character and limited his character's potential. But then, I'm just stating my opinion and I don't know Carmine personally, but I haven't seen anything that specifically said he was really excited about this potential relationship with Lindsay. If you can point me to a specific quote that will prove me wrong, I'd love to see it. (and yes, I've read the TV Guide article)"

I agree that there is a natural chemistry between Danny and Flack. They work well together and you can just sense the chemistry between them. I'm not talking about it in a shippy way (but I wouldn't mind that either). I'm just saying that you can see they have a very established and deep friendship.

And Fay, I'm not sure that you were the most long-winded D/F shipper this time. :lol: BTW, thanks for the help. :p

1CSIMfan said:
I agree that there is a natural chemistry between Danny and Flack. They work well together and you can just sense the chemistry between them. I'm not talking about it in a shippy way (but I wouldn't mind that either). I'm just saying that you can see they have a very established and deep friendship.

I totally agree with you here. Their interaction is one of the reasons why I love the show. Most of the time you can tell when two actors are friends in real life because said friendship reflects on the screen.

Thank you Rhonda, that was an excellent post. :)

I voted no because:

~I just do not see this so called c-h-e-m-i-s-t-r-y between Danny and Lindsay (if I did, I might think different)
~I find that their "flirting" scenes seem "forced"
~I think Lindsay needs to be developed on her own rather than leaning on Danny

Agreed, on all points. If I thought there was genuine chemistry beyond what the writers were trying to force, I'd just say it wasn't my cup of tea and leave it at that. Why claim you don't see chemistry if you do? You don't have to like it even if you see it.

And Lindsy definitely needs some personal development. I don't want it to continue to happen at the expense of other characters, but she needs to blossom as a character in her own right before the writers start defining her by a relationship with a co-worker. We had time to see who Danny was as a character before this whole fiasco started, and we got to see some of that character return at the end of season 2 when it was all about the drama, but I think we should see more of them apart. Every episode doesn't need a 'moment,' every personal development and revelation does not have to occur in the company of a single co-worker--they work as a team, the writers should know that there is so much potential if there is more interaction between all of the characters. Danny shouldn't be the only one who has personal scenes with Lindsay. It's detrimental to the development of Lindsay's character if we only see how she interacts with, and responds to, Danny.

But then, I'm just stating my opinion and I don't know Carmine personally, but I haven't seen anything that specifically said he was really excited about this potential relationship with Lindsay.
I agree. I've seen articles that hint at a relationship, but I've yet to see anything that tells me that he as an actor is enthusiastic. Of course, this is just my opinion and, like Rhonda, I don't claim to know him. I only mention this particular passage of Rhonda's post because I've seen people state as much elsewhere.

I totally agree with you here. Their interaction is one of the reasons why I love the show. Most of the time you can tell when two actors are friends in real life because said friendship reflects on the screen.
Very true, Orison. :) It's obvious from watching the show that Eddie and Carmine are friends off-camera as well as on. In fact, it seems to me that their natural chemistry could be what prompted the writers to make their friendship so strong. :)

I agree with everybody else up there in this page.

D/F on-screen is purely friendship. It's only us fans who put a little somethin' somethin' in it lol. It's so natural that the there is not one CSI-related interview that Eddie didn't mention Carmine and vice-versa. Just check the latest CSI Files Eddie interview. It's either a 'Danny' in there or a mention of Carmine.

I'm a Research major and it's second nature to me to analyze content (as OC as that might sound to others) and I agree, even in interviews, the actors are not very cheerful, interested or excited to talk about the D/L ship. Now, I might be crossing some lines here but hey, that's what I see. Not just what I want to see.

Part of the factors why there is people out there not seeing the chemistry (or lack thereof) between D/L lies with the writers themselves. They were so caught up in pimping and pitching the ship down our throats that they forgot to build Lindsey's character up. The closest attempt they had was when Mac walked in on her looking at pictures from home from her iMac. I would understand it if Lindsey would chummy up to Stella (both girls in the team of guys) or Mac (supervisor and the new girl). But why Danny? Only the producers know why. Quite frankly, I think they don't know why, either.

I voted 'no' simply because of the lack of chemistry the character have between them. Danny has better chemistry with some of the perps that he has with her.

Back