Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

Ok, now that I have calmed down a bit, I am not so worried! I have realized that Rikki is only going to be on for a short bit as is this new guy. But I think that since the first four or five episodes have been filmed before the news that Rikki is coming back it will be in the middle of the season. I guess we shall get amazing make up sex...*ahem* I mean scenes for DL :devil: (sorry mind went to the gutter for a second!) I am not nearly as worried as I was when I first read the news...:D

Oh I really like that one! Or we could use "Miss You More Than I Can Say" Another great quote from that wonderful scene ;)

2. LME

LME Police Officer

Let not forget that this is still early days for Season 5. We have never had an easy ride on the DL ship (I'm thinking season three). I think that they need to spend time a part (say the first half of season 5) so that thy can be able to start to be together again (lets say the second half of Seaon 5).

The time apart with give them both time to deal with what happens/ed, for Lindsay to able to be developed more line Danny, Stella and Macs characters.

I like the sound of that thread. What about Danny/Lindsay #23: The truth is I miss you, I miss you more that I can say even if I don't know how to say or Danny/Lindsay #23: How sorry I am for pushing you away

FYI - Just had a look on You tube and there is a DL vido posted by CBS two days ago. Unfortunely - I can't play it becuse I am in the UK.

3. eveninstarz14

It was just a video of Boo, that is the episode that they are playing this week here in the states. ;) Maybe I can finally hear that damn Honey you guys all talk about! That episode was such a disappointment looking back at things...if I had known what the writers had in store for us, I would of been a whole lot angrier at the episode :brickwall:

4. LME

LME Police Officer

Thanks for looking! :thumbsup: Damn I thought it could be something else. Ohh well nevermind. They are show Boo here again next tuesday.

I know it just a progam and they are not real people but I love this ship :cool:, and this thread. We have to focus on the positive becuase we only know little snipnets and taken out of context could mean something completely different to what will be happening.

Keep the DL Faith!!! Looks around for that great bar of chocy I got when i heard the news. Anyone one a bit?

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

You mustn't jump, I won't have anyone to rant at if you do! :lol:

I am really excited about the new spoilers, the lack of information was driving me cwazy!! Maybe it's because I've never been a real 'shipper' in terms of needing them to be together. For me, it's more about having the acknowledgement that they're special to each other and showcasing what I loved about them in the beginning; the banter, the competitiveness, the affection, the chemistry, the anticipation that something might happen.

I do believe that tptb should have stuck with that for longer rather than having them together when they did. It seems to me that they always intended them to have some sort of romantic entanglement and from previous spoilers it seems as though they considered doing that as early as the end of S2. The fact that writers' on this type of show love the drama so much always has me wary when they get people together.

As much as the D/R 'shippers' want her back to start a relationship with Danny and for him to finally tell Lindsay where to go it just isn't going to happen. What got me excited re. what PV said was the part about Lindsay rescuing him. That doesn't sound like Rikki's return is going to be some pink fluffy cloud of D/R love now does it? No! Not that I ever thought it would mean that anyway, I stand by my conviction that what happened wiht D/R was grief and guilt and that while there was obviously attraction and affection, it was bourne out of shared tragedy and Messer's usual destructive behaviour. I'm really not concerned about D/R getting into some sort of lovey dovey relationship at this point, I think the story is going to be about Danny having to face his demons head on and the fact that Lindsay needs to be there for him tells me he's not getting that support from Rikkki.

Yes, it could be as simple as a pregnancy where she turns up and tells him but I can't see them deciding to get together because of it. And, as others have said she's supposedly only in up to four episodes so that even makes me wonder if she'll be pregnant at all. Unless they're going to have her dump the baby on Danny I'm not sure how they'll follow that one through.

All in all I have really high hopes of getting back the D/L I fell in love with even if it's at the sacrifice of them being a bona fide couple at this point. Whatever happens I feel confident that tptb will maintain their chemistry and dynamic.

6. eveninstarz14

Oh don't fear, I will gladly listen to your rants and I will rant to you! :lol:

I don't NEED them to be together but it would be really nice to have them together. To be honest I was drawn to their relationship and everything. I am going to be rather upset if the writers decide to end their relationship permnanetely (good gravy I can't spell...). I want to see them together romantically again before the end of the series. :)

7. eveninstarz14

Internet screwy so sorry about the double post! :eek:

8. JellyBelly

Well, to be honest with any good producer will not permanently (I think that's how it's spelt) end a popular relationship. They will keep the bond that made them so popular and there will always be the possibility that things will be ok. I think that as long as Danny and Lindsay are on the show there will always be the chance of them getting together properly. But, if tptb get them together quickly then they'll likely derail.

I was wondering if S5 is actually the 'deepening' of their relationship we were promised. When PV talked about the bump last season she didn't actually say it would all happen across one season, although I think at the time we thought it would. S4 was the bump, s5 is the deepening but on a friendship level at this point. It makes sense to me. :)

9. LME

LME Police Officer

I had only seen a few eipsodes of CSI NY to begin with it wasn't til the third season i really got into it. Quite fankly i wasn't really interested that much in anything other the the crime solving so I never shipped any of the characters.

That is until (just like GNRF) the hug in NWILL. Something kind of clicked in me. But this last season has done my head:wtf::eek:. I dion't need to see everything about there relationship but it would be nice to see those stoken glances back;).

I am thinking that everything that has been released so far in releation to Season 5 is somewhat to keep everyone guessing and talking. Didn't they say that we would be happy with the way things turn out? But they didn't say that it would be last season we would be happy about. It could be the end of the next! ;):drool:. Heres Hoping !!!!:beer:

Only the writers and tptb know the truth! we will just have to watch (with a big box of tissues and chocolates on hand just in case :lol:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's the way I feel too. It's the same with Mac/Stella. I'd like them together, but don't NEED them together. But, I do like the cuteness from the beginning. I wasn't sold on them together until the ep where he was scared when she went undercover. That hug is what did it... that was before he went to Montana to be with her for that trial, right? Seems like it was.

11. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Know what, I decided to head to the figurehead of the ship - not jumping just pissed off in the corner. Bad day with all the biders! another time... :lol:

I am really, really looking forward to this! I'm not gonna be a DL shipper freaking out, cause my main concern would be a mopey Lindsay breaking her heart over a Mini Sandoval (Mini Messer belongs to Danny/Linds, sorry) and we would all end up :rolleyes: and get pissed that she has had yet more angst. Something Danny needs to be rescued from? Well, even if Mini Sandoval comes along, least we know it's not gonna be happy ever after for them. :devil:

Now a new love interest for Linds? Muwahaha!!! Take that SSMM (cookies if you figure out the slightly adjusted acronym) some other guy is coming to play to boost her spirits. Jealous Danny? Is it too much to ask?

You know what would really work for my warped little mind? Danny needing rescued, Lindsay doing the rescuing. Lindsay disappearing with afore mentioned very attractive random man, holding his hand. Smiling up at him, not looking back and the distraught SSMM. Ha!

As for the title - Do me a favour Danny, don't reduce me to some shallow, clingy girlfriend who's trying to suffocate you, ok? Bit fiesty yes, but I witnessed that 'wonderful scene' again and I felt it was rather appropriate.

Season 5? Bring it on!! Meg! I'm back :D

Feck it, after a few eps let's see SSMM prove what she means to him and fight for the right woman for a change!

Messer fighting for his woman :drool: :devil: :drool:

I know, I'm a very, very complex girl!

12. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

All I can say is......"WHAT A LOAD OF CRAPSICLES" :scream:

CAN IS GET AN AHMEN, so.....again, I am wrong. Geesh, I am gonna go hide and pray that all will be ok.

However...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  13. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Hey, i have something to say, but can't get the spoiler hidder to work. I am hitting the face, help.

14. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

How to do spoilers :D

[ spoiler='want you want to call your spoiler] remove the space between [ and s type what you wanna say then to finish type - [/spoiler] exactly as it is and you're done
    I tried to PM but you need five more posts :lol:

Hmmm, the possible scenarios for Season 5 I am a warped creature, I'm struggling for three lines on topic. Oy! Just give us more snappy comments, awkward glances. Erm - I want ice cube scenarios a'la Dirty Martini let's hope the second part of Season 5 is summer so we can indulge in hot, sexily sweaty SSMM&WHMM.

Oh, or for fluff (what is with me?!) ice skating at Christmas, oh that would be sweet

Hope I helped Messy! :lol:

15. JellyBelly

Fiesty and long! :lol:

This one may well have negative connotations for some people so may be a bit much but how about, in deference to SSMM's "why'd ya gotta make such a big deal about it", how about 'because it IS a big deal to us'? It kinda gives a bit of a shout out to tptb that we do still care. :)

As for the additional S in SSMM, is it stupid? sad? silly? simple? sulky? sullen? soulfull? Gimme a cookie . . . . please! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.