Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

I like 'because it IS a big deal to us' :lol: Yeah, we're still here and we're still fighting so let's see our Team do the same! I don't know if I wanna see a title using a sappy Lindsay line *ducks from the flying Team Fluff banners* I like maybe a Danny one - how bout you come over? ;) That'd work better. It has overtones of Messer putting out. That sounded wrong. Hmmm

Jelly, you get two cookies :D

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Lovely cookies, thanks :D I love 'how bout you come over?'

I agree I don't want any sappy Lindsay lines, I want something strong and realistic in terms of the current state of play. :)

3. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

*steals one of the cookies that peaches made*

I seriously hope that you guys *ahem* Jelly and peaches don't clump me with team fluff :p I was the one who suggested a Danny lines...mind you it was kind of dumb...:lol: And not all Lindsay lines are fluffy and sappy peaches ;)

And what is wrong with Messer putting out? I KNOW you want to see that...

4. JellyBelly

*hopes, for your sake you didn't steal one of the cookies meant for me! :lol:*

And no, I don't clump you with team fluff, not that there's anything wrong with team fluff particularly but I just need to keep it real. I can't appease myself with reruns of SD or SOOH, it just doesn't work.

In fact, the one episode that I have watched again and again is actually RND because in some warped kind of way I adore the whole D/L interactions. Not just because of Lindsay's monologue, but because of Danny's terribly misplaced snark. I hate it and love it at the same time. I know that sounds weird but there was something in the horrible way he spoke to her that made me realise that it was all going to come out and that here we have the usual Mr lovely being Mr ass and he's going to come a cropper and have to deal with the fallout.

It was the first real chink in his armour in that aside from his obvious and understandable distress when Rikki stole his gun, he seemed to me and probably to everyone except for Lindsay to be doing ok. She called him on it and he reacted. I love that. And now, I'm officially declaring myself a weird shipper. :lol:

5. eveninstarz14

You are one brave shipper (and a very weird one too :p)! I actually can't stand that episode...I don't mind angst, honest I don't! But when the writers make me not able to enjoy a shirtless SMM scene, something is wrong with the episode in my mind.

I do want to know why Danny thinks he did nothing wrong though...I mean even if he didn't think they were in a relationship, he should of known that Lindsay thought that they were? :confused: My favorite part of RND (which for the fluffsters out there I have changed it to mean Righteous Naked Danny ;)) though is when Stella and Danny are talking to Lindsay at the end and she is the one that gives Danny the cold shoulder. GO LINDSAY! :thumbsup: That was what I wanted to see more of towards the end of the season. Not the "It's affecting my work, my life, and making me take walks in the rain because that is a Montana thing..." *le sigh*

*now why would I steal one of Jelly's cookies? I am smarter than that! :lol:*

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  6. JellyBelly

Not so brave really because I have to F FWD through the D/R scene. Even the bit at the beginning where he's taking the food out of the fridge just makes my blood boil. :lol:

Glad to hear it, cookie stealing is a very serious crime when you're a cookie monster like me :thumbsup:

7. vexus

vexus Pathologist

To stay positive in the lastest d/l news. It seems like the writers are playing mind games with us again

I haven't been in here in a long time.Real life gets in the way sometimes.

8. eveninstarz14

Welcome back vexus! Real life? *sigh*

Jelly good for you that you are wise to fast forward through all of the D/R garbage. That scene just tweaked me on so many levels :scream: I honestly don't understand what was so "great" about that scene. And the way Danny was talking to Lindsay on the phone...the woman was trying to be there for him! Good freaking grief!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I know! Lindsay was trying to be there for him and he's there messing around with R. :scream: I mean, how can he even talk to Lindsay so calmly and normally like nothing had just happened? Poor Lindsay on the other end, doesn't have a clue, thinks he's home moping about....:(

10. LME

LME Police Officer

Personally I think that when they show RND here again, I am just going to have to leave the room when that scene is on. There is no way i could sit and watch it again. I think i was in shock when i saw it the first time, that must be the only reason I managed to watch in the first place.

I wonder just how calm he would have been if R had been in the room with him when he answered the phone!:confused:

Well the latest news they gave us certainly got us talking again.:lol::lol:

11. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Im not reading the spoilers. its enough that the weather is rubbish around here I dont need TPTBs mind games too to spoil my summer

as for the new thread name, Im for Because it IS a big deal to us!

during the scene in RND I closed my eyes. havent watch it since. deleted it from the computer and decided not to buy the S4 DVD set. becuase while in the epi where Lady V stole his gun he was on a totally self-absorbed trip that could have been half explained by grief and guilt, in RND he was simply a jerk.

I dont need them together that much either but I need for them to stop playing with us.

and where is the pink fog when you need it?

12. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

OK so I am attempting the spoiler again....

So, at first I thought that this would not be so good. But as I got to thinking, another man eyeing Linds is good. I mean think of it. Why make her clingy. Even if she is in the distance she is still longing to be with Danny and to me that is just clingy and weak. So, to build her confidence give her a new man. Make her feel strong about herself. Perhaps Danny needs to realize that she is the balance in his life. Yes she is a great friend to him, though yes they slept together. But let Lindsay come to him as a "friend" let her be emotional strength instead of "sexual, I need a woman in my bed, strength". To be Danny's rod to lean on will be good for Linds. However, I still don't want this to turn into a baby drama. And heaven forbid let Rikki miscarry. Give the man a break TPTB:scream:. Perhaps, this will be the "V8" moment that Danny needs to say, "Hey, Montana is the one I need and not Rikki." :)

13. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

But on the above, what is the look when Linds was chewing Danny a new one. He almost looked sick, shocked, in fear of "oh crap I am in it now". You know I think it probably scared him to know that she was not one to make light of. Personally I just wanted to high five Linds and say...."You go girl!"

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: about the V8 moment. Danny seriously needs to have someone smack him in the forehead and say, "You shoulda had Montana." :lol:

15. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

If we can just bypass that scene at the start of RND then the episode itself isn't actually that bad. Wait, here me out. I mean for the Lindsay standing up for herself and I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone who was convinced that she was too harsh on Danny but I liked it. Don't get me wrong, at the time it had me freaking out but I liked how Lindsay wasn't taking any of his crap and it seemed like the kick up the ass he sorely needed.

Ladies! There are more than enough cookies to go around - If I get my way, I'll be baking brownies and cupcakes too ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.