Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ *helps Peaches look for the software*

Now that I am pretty convinced that Danny hasn't told her yet, I think that he will tell her somewhere at the start of that ep in the school (the amnesia is contagious) and somewhere during that ep it comes up again...since the basketball ep is after that one, I hope that TPTB *glares warningly* do show us some more details so that we know what their status is by then

Yes, I got the impression that for a minute he actually forgot that they were no longer thick as thieves - and when he forgot that, it means he (temporarly) forgot about Rikki too...:)
    :eek: Sorry sweetie, always being the one with a slightly different opinion can be a bit tiresome sometimes...and I can be a little bitchy every now and then :eek: You may whack me now ;)

That is what is worrying me...a lot...I do hope that it will not turn out to be something that is gonna hang above them like some sword of Damocles for a long while...Danny not knowing how or when to tell her and slowly they're getting back to being friends again and then suddenly (those things always do) it gets out anyway :scream:...I do hope you're right and that he is intelligent enough to also realize that this is not an option...if he wants her back and back for good he has to tell her...

---

Something completely different, and I know it is a big hard and awkward at the moment, but we are on page 24 already, so it is time to start thinking about a new thread name...since we have a lot of new shippers, here are the thread title rules!

*is off to think about some nice thread names*

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  2. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Did I miss something about 4.20? I don't know how many plugs I have left for the holes appearing in this ship!

Mental Danny I love it! Not the restraints I would've had in mind for DL but whatever floats your boat (no pun intended ;))

OMG! How long have I wallowed in angst that I didn't register my favourite personal scenario & DL would have it down to a T. Providing they get peace from TPTB obviously.
    I do want her to find out and hope they can move on from it. These things happen in real life, maybe not quite as soap operaish but mistakes have been made and people have moved on from them. I want it all to be fixed so I can break out the Pom poms! xx

3. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Hey everyone! I hope you are all well and a big shippy welcome to the newbies and returnees :)

As for this week's episode, I have only seen the DL scenes and I am now even more confused. And who thought that was possible after last week :lol: I think that I agree with Dutch that Lindsay doesn't know because she comes across as upset and sad, rather than angry. I thought it was rather depressing in a good way to see the return of the banter (DL at their best) when there was such an awkward ending to their interaction. But her comment at the end of the scene was odd as it could suggest that they have had the talk. But I think it is probably more as she is trying to fall out of love with him as suggested as last week (perish the thought of course). And it hurts to try and not be as close as they were. You can't fight it though!

I honestly think that TPTB are having a laugh to see how crazy they can drive us at the moment. I don't think that I can take any more of this.... but of course I will. Dammit:guffaw:but at least I am not on my own in this madness called the DL ship. Pass me the cookies!

And lookie to the left - I've got an avvie at last Thanks Liffy :thumbsup:

And now we learn that Rikki is back? I mean come on , has our ship not suffered enough already? Let us all start praying to all that is shippy, that she is just back to confirm that they made a mistake and that Danny would be happier with Lindsay

And ... new thread titles? Definitely tricky at the moment but I think that we need something positive and optimistic.... jaws related perhaps?

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

You know what sucks? I've got a good friend and her name is Rikki. She totally understands why I never say her name anymore though :lol: Blinky it is. :p
    May you all bear witness to this moment. *whacks*

He's a CSI. If he can't figure that out, then I say he needs to rethink his career choices.

420 has Hawkes calling Lindsay "Montana". Now if they were "broken up" I'd think Hawkes wouldn't be as insensitive as to call her than knowing it's Danny's thing. So I guess now that makes me slightly happier. Poor Danny's going to need alot of trust rebuilding.
    Wow, are we really on page 24 already? Wee! New thread titles! (Can I open the new thread please? :D )

Hmm, choices...let's see...

Danny/Lindsay #22: Through thick and thin, it's meant to be. :D
    Danny/Lindsay #22: Steady through choppy waters
    Danny/Lindsay #22: Unsinkable

:D I'll come up with more as I brood over angsty thoughts. :p

5. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

Hi there!

Last night's epi left me empty.

After processing all day there's really only one thing that bothers me and that is Lindsay's declaration to Mac that getting involved with someone from work was a mistake. Would they have her say that and turn right around and get involved again? I'm still thinking about it, but I guess I am wondering if maybe my expectations for the future may be too high? I mean they could have used other less specific means of expressing regret/pain and still left the door open for more D/L.

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^But now we get to see Danny convincing her how it's NOT a mistake :D

And I am, strangely enough, looking forward to see how he's going to do that. I don't think his smiles do much to her anymore than push her away, so he's going to need to come up with something new, and original to win her back. :)

7. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

*Passes the peanut butter, nutella & marshmallow crammed cookies* Yay on the sexy avatar gaining!

I think we ought to go for a flufftastic optimistic thread title. Something that relates to them overcoming hard times and more than enough angst. Time to dig out the classic quips. Though if this 'nonsense' (yes TPTB that is the nicest term I can come up with) continues we may have to refer to roach mascots. :lol:

8. dutch_treat

*rubs head*

Yeah, I believe her walking away was related to what she said last episode...she is trying to let (her feelings for) him go and she suddenly found herself having fun with him again...walking away was her defense mechanism kicking in...this time it was not intentional but he did hurt her again...*sends Liffy to whack Danny too*

I think it had something to do with Mac's past story too, he decided to not get involved with Quinn, and this could've been a hint that perhaps this (Mac/Quinn) didn't work out, but that eventually D/L will...

Poor girl, that name sounds like a house elf

*hugs buddy* I never realised that, but Hawkes is very perceptive and sure wouldn't wanna hurt Lindsay...maybe (my hope) this is something the writers put in for us...and then in 4x21 Danny suddenly calls her Montana again as a sign that things are looking up between them...that should be a nice way to end the season on a somewhat happy D/L note

Sure!

9. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

I LOOVE the way you think!

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I'll gladly go. :rolleyes: Then I'll tutor him on how to NOT screw up good things in his life. :)

She calls me Baloo.

Yeah, I have to say if Danny does call her Montana again in 421, it'd end the season with a not so depressing air. I hope by 420 they've decided to take it slow and there's nothing hidden between them anymore, and that Lindsay missing "montana" is just because Danny's been so out of it for the past weeks and now that they're together, he might still feel guilty about hurting her.

Hmm...I can dream can't I? :lol: No, wait, that WILL happen. Strange that we haven't heard any spoilers for 421 or much of 420 for that matter. Oh well.

Yay! :D
    Thank you! :D I love it too :p

11. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Hi cecilia -

I saw it more as her acknowledging that it is more diffiicult when you are working with them. But she did get involved and as she said, she has fallen in love with Danny aka SMM (ask Peaches :p). so it is too late to think about the problems with dating your co-worker. But there is still hope - stay strong !

*** Blasts Cecilia with some pink fog to induce happy shippy thoughts***

It should acknowledge the bump and angst . we just have not had that many quotes recently. How about :

Danny & Lindsay - Our ship has balls of steel :guffaw::devil:

Sorry, could not resist - in my defence, its way past my usual bed time :lol:

12. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Where do I even start?! Sheesh guys...ummm...Liffy (is that you Gaelen?) I like all three of those thread titles very clever!

I think Danny has a gene in him that makes him screw things up because at this point...he just keeps doing these screwy things over and over again!

I really REALLY like the balls of steel name for the thread actually :lol:

(BTW, I should of said this when I first joined this, just to make it easier, but you guys can call me Meg or Megan if you want! ;))

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Hmm, quotes...we haven't had that many that I'd want to quote but how about...

Danny/Lindsay #22: Because I've fallen in love you...

:D

Aww, *snuggles Linds* I have to say it's courageous of her to admit her feelings to him in the first place considering how he's been shutting her out. It hurts when someone you care about won't let you in, and this is beyond LRC, because back then, the didn't have that strong a connection, but now...*sigh* It's bittersweet I guess. I hope we get to see/hear Danny's side of the story soon, because until then, we have no idea what's going to happen.

But I remain optimistic! (Can I change quotes??)

Danny/Lindsay #22: Because I've fallen in love you...and I can't let go.

:D

14. dutch_treat

*Comes in humming that happy Disney tune* "Look for the bare necessities, The simple bare necessities, Forget about your worries and your strife" ;)

Yeah, I think his guilt and attempt not to mess things up again could make him a bit anxious about calling her 'Montana' again...so when he finally does that again it sure is a positive sign...and I'm with you...It WILL happen!

Yeah, it looks to me like the problems are not really avoidable anymore :rolleyes: That's the hardest think about dating your best friend and co-worker...where do you turn when things go bad? She must feel so lost and alone now :(, and that's probably why she also said that to Mac; trying to convince herself that she is better off this way...she will come to her senses again...:)

:guffaw:I need some sleep too, but I really like it :lol:

I only have:

Danny/Lindsay #22: Ain't no mountain high enough!

Aaaww, that's just so sweet...I love that one!

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

My thoughts on the basketball game in episode 19 makes me think that Danny has already told Lindsay he doesn't feel the same about her. We know Rikki is in this episode but we don't know where they're headed. It's possible that he asked her to the game as friends and he's trying to make it up to her for not feeling the same way. The spoiler for episode 20 has been confirmed that Hawkes does indeed call her Montana and she tells him that she hasn't heard that in a while and he tells her he's sorry, that it just slipped out. She tells him that's ok she kinda misses it. Unless I'm wrong, the last time I remember him saying it was in episode 15.

It also seems odd to me that Ruben died in 2008 but the episode aired in December 2007. Six weeks in between Down the Rabbit Hole and DOA for a day doesn't really make sense. But then again, it seemed odd that there was only two weeks between Snow Day and Can You Hear Me Now? It's hard to believe TPTB sometimes. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.