Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

6 weeks I believe. Which means 10 episodes aired in the span of 6 weeks - but who knows about the timespan in general, I doubt TPTB ever pay much attention to their own timelines. As for DL, I have no idea (I dont think there was any explicit mention) between RND and LWfM. ::shrugs::

You're hijacking the script? Gimme! I'll give it a neat little TWEAK! :p

2. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

6 weeks then is completely pants. *puts on her smug 'Writers you suck!' face*

I go back to my BOO! comment. As you all know episode 4.07 Boo! aired after ep 4.05 Rabbit Hole (I know, get to the point, Peaches) and was obviously 31st Oct 2007. Child's Play was episode 4.11 (right?) which was January. For reference see Memorial Service for Reuben's Sheet in ep 4.13 All In Family. 1997 - 2008 (or SODL 31 on YT). That's easily 8 weeks have passed between 4.07 & 4.11 so how many between 4.05 & 4.15? Writers - pfft

So in conclusion - anything can occur in whatever episode you wish cause even the writers have no concept of time :D

Liffy, what do u suggest is the soundtrack to our hijacked script? ;)
    I demand some shirtless SMM time with or without WH,MM. :devil:

Can you guess that one? :guffaw: someone stop me before I hurt myself. xx

3. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Re: Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

I think i'm just more confused than ever and the new episodes from what i've read have made it even worse.

I kind of got the idea they are working on the Friendship part first try and build that back up ignore the rest. The bantering is what i love to see and it was a tad out of place, rather wierd i was thinking ook after what happened they are back to normal... but Lindsay leaving its one of those moments more and awkward silence you just don't know what to say so leaving it best option.

Part of me now thinks after Mac and Lindsays talk that the 2 of them are gonna do the friends with possibly benefits or just good friends scenario... seems most plausible after she admits it may not have been the best idea.

Hoping its good news either way.

The spoilers make it worse i decided because Rikki is supposedly reappearing in one of the eps coming up... which I'm not sure how to take after seeing this. My heads guessing its closure on the whole story.
    And the ball game now has me guessing its a friendly gesture a way of rebuilding what they lost getting back on track.

4. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

I noticed that too but i'm wondering if the way they are gonna bring them back together is after Rikki leaves the show for good.....Lindsay will come to realize......she can't let go of her love for Danny. When she said....."this is hard".....she was saying.....this is hard....i can't stop loving you and even how hard I try I can't.

I agree with you.....she knows about Rikki and she's hurting from the inside.

I kinda hope to see Lindsay come to realize that she can't stop loving him even after what he did. I however think this phase they are going through is what's gonna teach them to build back trust and feelings and it may take just Lindsay to get injured to throw them over the edge of feelings and the feelings will come back out.

Pardon me for being a DL fan.

Actually question: Does anyone have a good picture of Carmines tattoo? I have 11 tattoos IRL and would love to get a replica of his tattoo!!

5. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

I noticed that too but i'm wondering if the way they are gonna bring them back together is after Rikki leaves the show for good.....Lindsay will come to realize......she can't let go of her love for Danny. When she said....."this is hard".....she was saying.....this is hard....i can't stop loving you and even how hard I try I can't.

I agree with you.....she knows about Rikki and she's hurting from the inside.

I kinda hope to see Lindsay come to realize that she can't stop loving him even after what he did. I however think this phase they are going through is what's gonna teach them to build back trust and feelings and it may take just Lindsay to get injured to throw them over the edge of feelings and the feelings will come back out.

Pardon me for being a DL fan.

Actually question: Does anyone have a good picture of Carmines tattoo? I have 11 tattoos IRL and would love to get a replica of his tattoo!!

6. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I love your acronyms, Peaches :lol:

thats what I keep saying. last week annoying made a come back but I hope it was temporarily

and Im as confussed as you are guys. Im definitely watching the scene again

it was good old S2 flirting and then Danny made a totally boyfriend-ly comment and Lindsay just lost it. I still cant say what Dannys mood was. it seemed like last week havent even happened. maybe the guy has selective amnesia

exactly. seems like we are not the only ones confused. or like the writters diont speak to each other. every one writting their own little story

he rocks even more then Led Zeppelin (or whatever rock band you like. Im more into pop, so I wouldnt know). that was probably my favorite scene from the episode. plus the one when Mac kinda approved of their relationship

and its sad to see Lindsay blame herself for the mess they created together.

Danny needs to tell her about Lady V. they cant have anything without him telling her about it. no friendship, no love, no marriege, no kiddies, no growing old with each other

and a little OT: I love you guys, I get here after a rough day - that would have been yesterday if anyone asks and you put instantly a smile on my face. so thanks for that too

7. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Here is to clearing things up next episode! My head is starting to throb each time they have scenes together because I get more and more confused...and the spoilers are really not helping any! Oy vey!

I remain eternally optimistic and hopeful that everything well turn out all right. I am thinking that Danny is a little too bipolar at times for me though. :confused:

8. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

LOLROF well i'm just hoping the make up and make up soon cause I get a headache over the tension between those 2. There is still love in the air for them cause when they were looking over the evidence of the paper with the names on it they were........Civil.

I still think Lindsay is gonna come to realize that she can't stop loving him and will swift kick him in the ass for cheating on her and probably will say something of.....i swear to God you do that again......Haha I can see Lindsay scaring the crap out of Danny. He'll walk away after kissing her with his tail tucked far between his leg that he looks like a cat sulking haha!!

LOL Danny is no way Bipolar....I know how people act when they have that and he's normal. Now the word I would say he acts:

Stupid. Stupid for doing what he did and now he has to get her back.

9. Little_Peaches

I'm holding out hopes for bridge building with all this talk of an episode based in a school. Obviously we're all kinda speculating so here is mine. The non fluffed out version may I add. We'll go for all out angst cos let's face it - someone out there hates us more than we hate the bad man for killing Lindsay's friends. If we're lead to believe Dl will be working the case together I can see maybe some form of confession or at least awkwardness between the two to start. The case then gets quite intense cos our Linds is an emotional soul & SMM, well we've seen how shootings affect him Perhaps we can have some bonding between Linds & a young girl - you know more survivor guilt etc. (I think Anna rocks and yes acts very well so I wanna see some emotional stuff non DL related!) Perhaps we can see some thawing between DL gradually through the ep. Our superduper detecs solve the crime, and are good to go. Lindsay decides to catch up on some stuff and SMM respecting her wishes leaves her to it.

Or so I would have you believe in my non fluffy world.

In my deluded bubble, he's actually waiting outside in the freezing cold to walk her home. They're realising life's too short and though they can't go back to DoWaR straight away *sighs*, friends is a good place to start. She has her arms folded, he has his hands in his pockets and they do that little look while the other one isn't with tiny smiles

The end!

That wasn't too hard to believe or overly fluffy! :lol: If they can throw in a shower scene all the better but I'm not gonna split hairs :D x

10. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

"I demand some shirtless sexy man Messer with or without warm honey, making moaningsounds"

Something like that? :devil:

I told you I was gonna be in really late...some boring international board meeting and I constantly let my mind wander, thinking about this ep that would be waiting for me once I got home :rolleyes:...And don't mock my theories :mad:; I like them, they make me still have faith in this ship despite the confusion that TPTB are still causing....:brickwall:

Well, I just watched it and, yes :p, I do believe I have a somewhat different theory than those I quickly read here (sorry, been skipping through all those posts - and somewhat annoyingly long quotes :rolleyes: [ilovedanny2, welcome aboard! After you quoted something you can still delete and edit that quote, there's not always need to quote someone's entire post]).

I have a feeling that Danny hasn't told Lindsay yet :scream:...even though they are professionals and at work, Lindsay later reaction (more about that in a moment) shows that he is still affecting her very much and no way she would've even let him get that close and that personal at work when she had known...

That whole 'Jaws' discussion was really sad :(...I saw two people who 'til recently had been really close, for a moment forgetting all the hurt and sorrow in their lifes and enjoying a good laugh about something they had in common...Danny's "we should rent it sometime" was more a spontaneous remark; it wasn't until he saw that beautiful smile -when she realised what he just asked- suddenly leave her face that he remembered that they were no longer the D/L they were before he started making a mess of his, her, their life(s)...:(

I do think he is really sorry about what he did and ever since her confession has kept his distance from Rikki :) and is now trying to figure out how to get back on Lindsay's good side...But he is doubting and getting more an more afraid to talk to her, to tell her, because he may fear it'll ruin his chance to get her back...

Stupid, stupid Danny Messer :rolleyes: should tell her right away, because he is the only one she should hear it from and she deserves to be able to make up her mind while knowing all the details...

I'm secretly (well, not anymore now I guess :p) enjoying this drama more and more...Danny did hurt Lindsay, but now he is suffering just as much and preferably even more from his own stupidity....
    That could be it too...:lol:

I cannot wait to see how all the spoilers will fall into place...:cool:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  11. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

*falls off her chair* A shower scene would be great for DL!! I would wear out the rewind though to see a dripping wet Messer :lol:

Well lets see....School.....DL working together on a case.....Danny seeing how compasionate Lindsay is to the kids.....Danny kicking himself in the ass......Danny surprising Lindsay in the shower.......whispering hot words in her ear.....Lindsays walls break down.....she lets his love in.....she forgives him.....he says I love you to Lindsay.....she belives him......and the shower steams up more than just water......she gets out of the shower after *ahem* Flushes the toilet.....hot water hits Danny who yelps and yells....DAMN IT MONTANA. Lindsay gets back in the shower and says.......that's for cheating on me in the first place.....call that my revenge and they kiss and.....well you get the picture!!!

Hows that for an idea!!! :drool:

12. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

me too. she was too collected and mostly hurting to know about that little whatever.

I rewatched the scene, and I agree with you, Dutch. they were comfortable and then he made a personal remarkand suddenly they werent. comfortable, I mean. and then he realized he said something inappropriate

13. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

Thanks for the welcome and the heads up!!!

[/quote]
    I have a feeling that Danny hasn't told Lindsay yet :scream:...even though they are professionals and at work, Lindsay later reaction (more about that in a moment) shows that he is still affecting her very much and no way she would've even let him get that close and that personal at work when she had known...[/quote]

He better tell her now before the hurt goes deeper. We want them back together!!

[/quote]
    That whole 'Jaws' discussion was really sad :(...I saw two people who 'til recently had been really close, for a moment forgetting all the hurt and sorrow in their lifes and enjoying a good laugh about something they had in common...Danny's "we should rent it sometime" was more a spontaneous remark; it wasn't until he saw that beautiful smile -when she realised what he just asked- suddenly leave her face that he remembered that they were no longer the D/L they were before he started making a mess of his, her, their life(s)...:(

I do think he is really sorry about what he did and ever since her confession has kept his distance from Rikki :) and is now trying to figure out how to get back on Lindsay's good side...But he is doubting and getting more an more afraid to talk to her, to tell her, because he may fear it'll ruin his chance to get her back...

Stupid, stupid Danny Messer :rolleyes: should tell her right away, because he is the only one she should hear it from and she deserves to be able to make up her mind while knowing all the details...

I'm secretly (well, not anymore now I guess :p) enjoying this drama more and more...Danny did hurt Lindsay, but now he is suffering just as much and preferably even more from his own stupidity....

14. Little_Peaches

Actually WH,MM refers to Well Hello, Miss Monroe! But hey, let's definately see your scene air! Now where did we put the stolen scriptwriting software? ;)

Where oh where can I see this episode? I've been a good girl all day in work. I dealt with members of the public failing credit checks and demanding to know why - you didn't pay off your debts! Then others not listening to what has been said then going to my colleagues ten mins later to be told the same thing. Oy Vey! Bit of happiness has been earned!

Guilty Danny & selective amnesia - loving it! ;)

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Tell me about it :rolleyes: - it's basically whatever they feel like doing, they roll with it. They probably roll with the same concept when it comes to continuity too - don't feel like patching up holes? Let's move on to something else and hope the viewers can develop selective amnesia just like our Danny has. :lol:

Just gimme the dang script and I'll happily rewrite it to the joys of everybody :rolleyes: Now I really want to know what's going to happen because right now, the drama don't make no sense and TPTB won't let us know anything until after the repeat next week! :scream:

[insert frustrated growl here]

Join the club! :p

Well, personally, I understand Lindsay's reaction perfectly. We know she has feelings for him, and she's admitted them to him without any kind of reply or reaction (well, none that we have seen at least). Clearly she's trying to salvage what's left of their friendship because she still wants him in her life, if at best, as friends. To do that, she has to push aside her feelings for him and pretend they're nothing more than just good friends. She's fine with that until Danny says something that triggers her emotions to come back. It hurts, I've gone through it before, and really, the last thing you want if for the person you're trying to get over, flirting with you, or making comments he shouldn't be making. I don't fault her for feeling that way, she's human (as is Danny), and if he's allowed to react in a way that's "normal" why shouldn't Lindsay? It happened at work yes, but you have no control over it.

It's safe to say that she regrets falling in love with him because she thinks he doesn't feel the same way, but Danny is either an insensitive jerk, or is slowly trying to smile himself back into her life. It's confusing right now, because we haven't seen Danny's side of the story at all. We've so far been shown Lindsay's reaction and until we know exactly how Danny feels, we can't do much but guess what he's feeling.
    Can't blame her for falling for him can you? They're just so darn cute together. But Mac's concern for her makes me think he knows Danny's done something, maybe, to hurt her. Otherwise, I don't see why Mac would be so forgiving -- we know how harsh Mac can be when it comes to the integrity of his lab. Mac really is like a father-figure to Lindsay, and I think he can see just as anyone how far she's come. He's definitely looking out for her, and I hope she and Danny can get all this tip-toeing over with.

Depends if she's willing to let Danny go or not, and how she takes him telling her he slept with Rikki. It's up to Danny to word it however he wishes, but it makes a big difference how you say it too. Lindsay, if given a good enough reason, can fall our of love with him. She's not the clingy girlfriend who'll stick around no matter what because she can't live without him :rolleyes:

If enough time had passed between 416 and 417, I would say it's possible she knows but is trying to fix it as best she can. If say, a few weeks had passed between the episodes, and Danny has actually told her, then it's possible to gauge by Lindsay's actions that he has told her - time tends to numb the pain and wash away the anger -- ever so slightly.

If the timespan is short, I would say he hasn't told her, and she's more upset because he hasn't given her any indication that he feels the same way about her as she does about him - that too hurts alot. :(

(I'm speaking from experience, but this is still sad) :(

Well, if he has told her, we know her feelings haven't changed. If he hasn't, we're just going to have to wait and see both their reaction to the revelation, if it ever comes to pass.

418 could be a big episode for us. From what I gather, the case might affect Lindsay in some way or another. Maybe Danny sees what it's doing to her and tries to help but she tells him to not, because she needs to deal with it herself without his help. I still don't understand how the subject of Rikki can possibly come up unless Danny tells her, because Lindsay has made no notion of knowing who she even is.

That makes me hopeful that Danny tells her, or Lindsay calls him out on it ::shrugs:: Still, maybe her emotionally vulnerable state, coupled with her reluctance to let him go despite her conscious decision to, and Danny's guilt makes her all the more ready to accept whatever he has to say? It makes some sense, to me anyways, even though some people may not like it, I can understand it.

419 still confuses me, but I hope it shows that they're trying to get their relationship and friendship back on track. But that all depends on how 418 turns out. I'm going to go crazy in the next 2 weeks!!
    We'll that's why we're here :) To make each other smile (and to burn TPTB's fences). :D

Yes, I honestly hope 418 clears everything up because right now, everything past 418 makes absolutely no sense what so ever. And I do hope that whatever happens, it's in D/L's best interest (because I cannot see them parting for any reason - they're too lovable!) :)

As for Danny bipolar, I wouldn't put it past the writers! :lol: And maybe that straight jacket might just appear one day, lol!

Yes, it was stupid, but he hasn't exactly been himself either. I wonder if he's even realised that he's lost her. Or is he still being delusional and trying to make it work, but not realising he's doing nothing more than hurting her? Dang it Danny, get you head out of your ass! and get her back!:scream:

I wasn't mocking your theories! I was waiting for them!

I hated that scene more than watching the ikki scnes. :( You can just see the turmoil Lindsay's going through and it's really hearbreaking to see her go through all of that - alone.

He's needs to realise that telling her is the only way to get her back. If he lies, does he think he'll tell her when they're happy again? And suddenly everything they've worked at falls to pieces - again? Danny can't be that stupid, but if Lindsay really does tell him to stay away, maybe he'll realise he already has lost her and he needs to be honest with her if he ever wants her back in his life.

Well hopefully Dannys hurt + Lindsay's hurt + heartfelt confession = gradual happy bliss? :D

If only we had some sense of time - that would answer SO many questions.

Well that's what you get for being an idiot. You don't get the perks you once had anymore. I wonder how Danny feels when he realises he can't laugh with her, tease her, all that they used to do together anymore...

But the spoiler for 420 makes me sad. :( I hope they cut it so I can be happy again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.