Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Danny must of also hid his motorcycle as well because I didn't see that as well. Where he gets the time and energy to do this is beyond me :lol: His place is always different when we see it. If I was Lindsay, though, it would take me a VERY long time to want to go back to his place, it would make me very uncomfortable...

2. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

^That's clearly how he stays so awesomely fit - do we ever see him at the gym? :lol: Can we actually see some of this shirtless apartment refurb? Let's just go full on Gutter here....

So there's Danny getting all hot and sweaty shifting his furniture when Miss Monroe shows up, you know maybe still a bit miffed but kinda distracted by the clinging white vest.... It's probably a ridiculously hot summer's day (I know with the heat fascination) so she's a little hot too so Messer trying to fully make peace goes to get some drinks, without being asked, and discovers how many uses ice cubes actually have.....

*insert dirty thoughts as appropriate!*

3. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

OK see I am trying to be optimistic in the fact that she knew it wasn't anything but sex. So, perhaps she is the one who comes to Danny and say I gotta move on.

Have faith people. I am sure she isn't all that bad. Just really sad. (Don't throw stuff at me:scream:) I mean we already know what is being said. Now we just have to.....

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side.....sorry, it's a song.:eek:

4. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

so many boxes I cant read. at least I get through the new posts faster :lol:

I agree with that but I think that when you are trying to win someone back, you should pull out the big guns

well, she will be wearing his wife-beaters then. looks much better anyway :)

yeah, he hid it because it reminded him so much of Lindsay and what it was like to be happy.

love the idea. daisies are their flowers and it would show that he remembers - like he could ever forget :)

I kinda look forward to the new epi I only hope there will be a follow up on that talk Danny announced. but it would be nice to have it out of work so no one and nothing can interupt them. although this isnt exactly how I imaghined their date to go

5. Redhead_Rachel

Redhead_Rachel Dead on Arrival

I'm glad to see fluff is beginning to take over this thread again :thumbsup:
    ...is that the pink fog beginning to creep back in again? :angel:

Just to let you all know that I have in no way abandoned our ship:)

I have just about got over my initial anger (though I'm still dissappointed over the way things have been played out, so far ruining danny's charachter and cheapening the "Child's Play" storyline)... and part of me still thinks Danny's a cheating scumbag, and although I do not condone or respect what he did, I can in some way see why...

I still have no idea where I think our ship is headed at the moment... it's all a bit confusing with all these different spoilers flying around... but it can not really get any worse so I am remaining optomistic that this is the "bump" and that after this D/L will "deepen", be it as best friends or a couple (hopefully the latter, pretty please PTB?) Though, if Danny doesn't tell Linds about Rikki, well then frankly she's better off without him IMHO!

I'd like to see them take things slower though, though if this date rumour is anything to go by, then it sounds like that's what is going to happen.
    Though I'm never sure what the timelines are in CSI-land, but I'm thinking that if the finale is a few months down the line (in CSI: time) I'm thinking 3 words- make-up smex:devil:

...i think that was my first trip to the gutter...

Although... I think Danny is very messed up at the moment and not really in his right mind, and I would like to see him get himself back on track first, and hopefully end up saving Lindsay and/or Rikki (and indeed himself) anymore heartache and confusion.

If Rikki has one more appearence for what we reckon is her goodbye, I hope that they give her a dignified exit
    I hope that TPTB have got this all planned out...

*note to self- write less rambly thinking-out-loud posts*

6. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

no need, Rachel. we ramble here all the time :)

its headed to the bottom of the sea with Danny on board. but I have hope for for someone to bring it back to surface and restore it even more beautiful then before

as for the timeline - I was told that 6 weeks passed between Down the Rabbit Hole and DOA for a Day. wheter it is true I have no idea

and I agree that he needs to set himself right before he starts to patch anything with Lindsay

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Well, maybe you can stay in denial until this whole mess is fixed. :thumbsup: That would be good - I wish I could do that - but the realist in me isn't allowing it. :lol:

Well, that really depends on how Danny says it, and most importantly, what Danny says. If he tells her that he cheated on her, well then, I don't see Lindsay the type to actually resort to physical violence because she's above that. She's most likely going to just walk away so she can absorb what Danny's said - because let's face it, we didn't expect him to cheat, and probably neither did Lindsay.

I reread a pre-season interview with Pam Veasey the other day, and according to her, DL are definitely a couple by the start of the season - we didn't see much proof of it, so I have no idea. Unless she changed her mind without telling us, then Danny really did cheat. However, I think the cause of it should be taken into consideration - there are men who cheat because they like the thrill of not being found out - that's the kind with the label "once a cheater, always a cheater", what Danny did wasn't the same thing. He did it to numb the pain, not because he wanted to intentionally hurt Lindsay. What he did was wrong, but understandable, and in no way did I like it, but I find it easier to forgive, given the circumstances because it's not in his character to have done it in the first place.

Maybe he can claim temporary mental insanity (and frankly, I think that actually fits - I know personally how insane grief and drive someone).

Mmhmm, yup. Right now I think HE needs HER more than she needs him. We haven't seen much Danny/Flack interaction either so it would be great to see that - and notice how Danny might have been blowing off his friends too. Who knows; but Lindsay will always be there to help him - she's just that person, and maybe, because she's been there before, she knows how easy it is to push people away rather than letting them in. I don't think she's going to give up on him.

The only thing that hurts me, is the fact she still thinks he's grieving alone, when in fact he's not. That is going to hurt more than him not letting her in, because it's then warped to her not being let in, because he let someone else in. Danny needs to figure the entire situation out - alone - then slowly work back to regaining the trusts he threw away so foolishly.

The more I think about it, the more I believe the date at the beginning of the episode means that Danny and Lindsay have worked out their differences, and that Rikki's appearance (either short, or near the end) is simply going to reassure us of that - perhaps she's leaving town - which, for a grieving mother would be a good choice. She needs to start fresh - start new - and away from all the memories of grief. Let's just hope that is her purpose and not to create more drama - because right now TPTB is forcing me to dislike her, whilst otherwise I would have sympathised with her actions.

And for the record, as a single mother, Rikki needs more backbone - seriously. She's a nice person, and "weak" really doesn't suit her. I hope Danny wishes her good luck and happiness in moving on, and she in turn does the same to him and Linds and they all live happily ever after....or at least until the writers decide to give us more grief, which better not be too soon! :scream:

Of course he hid them. He and Rikki had comfort sex, it doesn't come with the whole package - only Linds gets that :devil: When she decides she wants him back that is... and he better behave until then.

Aw, and I look forward to daydreaming about e-ve-ry sin-gle one of those uses. :devil:

I hope by then, Danny's already started to move on with Lindsay and Rikki's there to push him further, and tell him that he needs to really move on, and that she's going too as well. :) Like I said in the spoiler box, I really hope she moves away, and it's not because of my dislike for her either. I don't think it's possible for her to move on when everything in her apartment is going to remind her of Ruben's death, and seeing Danny is going to remind her of that too - it's not healthy to be in such close confines with bad memories. She needs to start new, fresh, and retain the happier memories of Ruben. That would be "realistic" if that is indeed what TPTB is gunning for.

Either way, I'm optimistic for our (DL's) future. :) No one is going to sink us. We'll we are currently sunk, but Davy Jone's is fixin' us good :cool: (And we'll have CANONS! once we're floatin' again ;) ) Sorry - pirate freak.

True, but if he crosses the line of 'trying too hard' then it seems more pretencious than truthful. It's a fine line, but I don't see Danny doing anything too overly huge to try and win her back. I can see him hiding chocolates or daisies for her to find, and giving her apologetic little smiles now and again that'll make her really want to hug him tight, but at the same time she has to remember what he did to her. He'll luck out eventually, and besides, they're perfect for each other - it's only so long she can resist not being in his arms again; and by then all will be forgiven (somewhat). :)

Well that didn't take too long did it? :rolleyes: STOP MAKING ME DROOL! :drool:

Yup, daisies are their thing, and it's going to remind the both of them how happy they were that morning lying in each others arms, him poking her nose, her nuzzling his chest. :) Aww, I'm going all giddy again - dang it. :lol:

Oh the fluff machine broke down for a while but it's all fixed now :D This thread is meant to be fluffy - nothing else. Only Dutch is allowed to bring angst once in a while...and Lynny once in a blue moon. :p

Good, because we'd fish you back up with a fishing net anyway, like we're going to do with everyone else who's jumped ship :lol:

I know this is going to be a first in the history of this thread, but I really don't want to see Danny and Linds in bed together. I don't mind seeing them spooned on a couch watching movies, but no sex please. For one thing, it's probably still too soon - and sex was what brought this drama in the first place. It's going to take ALOT of trust and respect which Danny needs to regain before she'd go to bed with him - happily without the mental images of her touching another woman. Right now - sex is the one thing they DONT need for a long time until that memory is all but faded. This is more for Linds to move on than Danny - she's going to be the one with doubts, not him, and he needs to reassure her of than. Keep it slow, and let her make all the first moves without any pressure, and at her own pace. Otherwise it's not going to work.

Sadly, I haven't gone there today. :lol: But I will! It's still too early in the morning. :devil:

Oh yes, Danny needs to wake up and fast. I really think that the thought of losing Lindsay is going to do that, and I hope it does. Only time will tell what's going to happen. :) And I'm sure it will be for the best.

After all, like the writer (I wonder who it was - bet you it was Pam) said "there's going to be turmoil, but we won't be disappointed". I believe they forgot "again" at the end of disappointed but I'll let that go. :) This is a good thing, and now I'm even more hopeful that things will work out. :)

Davy Jones!!! :lol: Yup he'll fix us up good :D (and since his ship can't sink, neither can ours after this. MWahahahaah!)

Dork.

I believe it was, but that doesn't really tell us anything much since timelines change per episode (I think). So who knows. :confused:

Or he can get help from Lindsay and start patching himself and Lindsay up at the same time. I think she's going to want to help him no matter what the circumstance - I hope she does, anyway. I understand if she doesn't, because he's hurt her, but I think she can look beyond that and see he needs her, now more than ever. :)

Oh yeah, I'm fluffy. And NOBODY's takin' that away baby. :devil: :angel:

8. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

anyone here is planning on asking Aussiello tomorrow what will happen with our ship ?

9. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^I have, and so has about...90 other people :p

LOL. This is funny - we've already been mentioned in TV Guide in Matt Roush's column. :p

I hope we'll get some more good news soon. :)

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

*Natty peeps in, yes I am still alive...but I bring cookies :D*

I checked this thread and caught up on all this Rikki business and then I come back and I had another stack to read which was mostly Liffy's fault.....How big was your lastest post :lol:

Well ok before you point it out I am nearly a week late but 'DANNNNYY!'

I agree, like its been said....There is a lot of trust that needs to be rebuilt on both parts. I hope that Danny fights for his girl and if Lindsay gives in.....what happened to the none clingy girlfriend TPTB! To be honest, even though I was dreading 'the bump' and we all guessed what it was, I am looking forward to the next few eps but only if good 'ld Danny gets his act together!

Edit:I think I need a change of icon by the looks of things! ;)

11. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I just think Danny needs to learn to keep his pants zipped for awhile and do anything for Lindsay (kind of like a slave :devil:) if he wants things to get better. Telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth to Lindsay might help the situation a little bit too.

12. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Well, okay, so here I am :)....nah! just kidding,:p I think for now we've had enough angst this season...(sorry Lynny)
    And here we were during last Summer, thinking he was not quite a DIY guy:guffaw:...Looks like he's rebuilding his whole place every other week....and it's not just IKEA stuff :cool:
    That's so right, and that is why I'm still waiting for him to tell Lindsay that...it will hurt her like hell, but I think when he explains everything and is completely honest that she has big enough a heart to eventually forgive him...
    I do like the idea of Rikki being mentioned near the bottom of the cast list...Let's just hope we're right in assuming that this will be her last appearance and that Danny tells her that after spending time with Lindsay he has decided to no longer see her...or we simply see him dropping her off at the airport...Let her please leave with some dignity still intact..:(
    Sorry, I'm off again -busy- :scream: but I just like to say that I'm really happy that despite the initial shock, so many people are sticking and coming back to this thread...let's just all wait and see what happen...:)

13. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Oh my god! I love Pirates too! - that my friends was random! Oh and spotted the new flashy banner - beautiful! :D

:lol: that's what got me though work today. Danny Messer in wife beater *sighs* sorry must be the spring time with all this gutter-fluff appearing!

It's a wonderful place to be isn't it? Kinda worrying when you encounter everyday items and giggle cos ur first thought is strictly x-rated! haha. Ice cream anyone? :devil:

14. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

I have read so many web sites, pages, etc. I am not sure where I read this, but I have heard that Rikki will be in the final episode.

Guys, I so hope she is telling Danny that it would never work, and that it is for all the wrong reasons they did the "DO":eek:. I would like to see her tell him that He needs to forgive himself because he is slowly destroying himself and those around him. That he has to let it go. That would be a good scene in my minds eye. That because it would be a mother finally letting it go.

NOTE: I NEVER made an ugly statement about Rikki, so no getting ugly. I just hope TPTB give her enough dignity to realize everything. That from the ashes comes hope.

Let her show Danny the err of his ways and know how things really should be for him. It would be nice for her to show him that Linds is the right thing for him......but Again, it's just my imagination.:eek: I'm singing again!

15. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.