Danny/Linds #12 "Country vs. City Kind of Foreplay!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer your question, I think its just because she wasn't there in the beginning. Its sort of like Sofia Curtis in LV (if you watch that..) she came in season 5, and most of the fans on this board thought she would be a competition for the people they were shipping, and therefore disliked her. They found her unnessesary(sp?).
Also, like Natalia Boa Vista on Miami. I think people are angry about her because she went out with Delko and Ryan and messed with the ships of the show.
For Lindsay, I think people have a hard time liking her because she "replace" Aiden, and people..loved Aiden. I didn't watch any of season 1 so I don't really know what she is like, but I do know that Lindsay is my favorite character in NY.
I think its just people don't like big changes...like I remember reading how some people didn't like CSI when Sara Sidle came on the team...well hello!! She came in the 2nd episode! Its just people's resistant to change....
Wow. I didn't even realize I wrote that much..haha

OK, so I watched the ep tonight.
And when it began I was all
static.gif
, but when it finished I was like
nopompom.gif
Again no D/L whatsoever!! But my shippy heart needed something; so I rewatched the scene were Danny asks Mac about Lindsay. He is talking and talking and talking :lol:, but obviously very aware of Mac's conversation with Stella or Hawkes on the phone, because the minute Mac ends it he immediately asks how Lindsay is doing.

He soooo cares :D and were still totally canon!!! ;)
kissmesweet said:
...when I first started to watch CSI, I just mostly concentrated on the cases and now I'm mostly eager to see the character's relationships and interaction!

It makes the show so much better. :D
Well, I still like the cases, but for some reason it seems like the outcome of most of them is far more obvious than in the beginning of the series :(

And when the plotlines are so simple :p it's much more fun to have a nice D/L-like romance added to the show. I think the combination of crime and some :) romance rocks.
Look what I made!
O, wow, that one and and your banner are incredible. You did a great job making them!! And if you need any screencaps from recent ep's just PM me!!
catey1234 said:
I have a question. Why is Lindsay so disliked on other threads?
There are a lot of people here who do like Lindsay :) and there are also a lot of people who don't like her :( It has been the topic of many discussions, but in the end it's just a matter of people's personal taste.

P.S. our poll for the new thread title is on THIS page

I thought that we'd at least get a scene where Danny would ask her himself how she is. I guess we should be relieved he did ask about her.

To answer your question, I think its just because she wasn't there in the beginning.
I was just about to say that and lots of people still carry the thought that she "replaced" Aiden, even though I never really liked her. Well, CBS does and so do we. :)

O, wow, that one and and your banner are incredible. You did a great job making them!! And if you need any screencaps from recent ep's just PM me!!
Oh wow, great. Thank you. :) I'm always trying to find nice screencaps. :lol:

I was a little dissapointed that we didn't get a D/L scene last night. I think that TPTB are making us wait... since I'm pretty positive that by the end of season 3, we'll have a D/L hookup. At least, I hope.

I also noticed that when Danny asked Mac how Lindsay was doing his voice got soft. I had to watch this scene 4 times to notice this. And think about this: Everybody knew that she was bitten but he was the only one who asked how she was going (other than Hawkes who welcomed her back).

Danny maintained his cool and i have to say that I am loving the mature Danny that the writers are giving us!

Ok guys, this is NOT the thread to discuss why other people in other threads dislike Lindsay. Everyone on this board has a right to their opinions whether you agree with them or not. You can always go into those threads and give your reasons for liking her but talking about why they don't like her needs to stay out of this thread.

when Danny asked Mac how Lindsay was doing his voice got soft.
Same. I was like "Oh, of course YOU'D ask. :lol:" That was kinda sweet that he cares so much about her even though they're on different cases and she stood him up and the whole cliche speech.

I think they will pick back up on the Danny/Lindsay thing after Anna Belknap's pregnancy.

Not to say her sole purpose on the show is just to look at, but it seems weird to pursue such a story with the...physical restrictions that come with pregnancy.

I'm 100% for Danny/Lindsay, but hooking them up right after the kid pops would be a bit lame for the writers. They've put out some awesome stories this season so I would feel like they are giving in TOO much to public demand if we all got what we wanted TOO fast.

Now, building up to it along with some much needed Lindsay character development would be perfect.

but hooking them up right after the kid pops would be a bit lame for the writers.
i agree. to be honest, I think that D/L will happen. Eventually. Probably at the end of the season. Because they're not even including the pregnancy on the show, so any plotlines will not follow that and CBS is pretty smart and wouldn't mess everything up like that. But I still love D/L so mucha and I'm waiting for them to happen! In the meantime-- I'll make some nice D/L stuff. :)

allaccessfb3.gif

and edited to put this on:
notwhatitseemsanimatedps2.gif

Hello my fellow shippy buddies! I missed you all yesterday, I was stuck in a car for half the day and then I got home in time to crash... :p (in bed, not the car! :lol: )
Anyway, good morning! How are y'all this morning? **Mo grins at all her buddies and passes out peppermint mochas and fresh blueberry muffins!**

I finally saw our eppy just this morning and....well I had hoped for a bit more to be honest. Overall it was pretty good...some parts were a bit unbelievable even for CSI, lol...which is saying something! :lol: But overall it was pretty good I guess... :D

I liked that we got to see Danny and Linds right away at the start (Grrrrr :mad: that it wasn't them together! :p ) but still they showed them right away. I'm still really annoyed that it wasn't Danny there when Linds got bit by the snake...it should have been him there taking off his belt to make a sling and staring into her eyes telling her to relax and that she would be fine! That would have made my week!! :D
But I did like that he asked how she was and there was clearly concern in his voice, how it got kind of soft and cute....awww he totally loves her! :D It would have cracked me up (in a fabulous way!) if Mac had asked Danny how Linds was...implying Danny had seen her or whatever...that would have been better in my opinion...but at least Danny did ask!

I liked that Linds came back and figured out the hair extension thing...she's just so dang cute and smart...I just love her! :lol:

And did I mention Danny was looking FINE in this eppy! :devil: Yeah pretty much spent the ep wanting to jump him every time he came onscreen! :devil:

Okay so that's that...gotta say if we don't get some good D/L soon I am going to have a freak out and when I say freak out I mean FREAK OUT!!! :eek: :mad: Please don't make me go ballistic on your asses PTB...cuz it won't be pretty! :mad:

That said, I'm off to find the new TV Guide (hoping it's the "CSI:NY Hotter than Ever!" one that we saw in the promo! :devil:

Kyle_E said:
They've put out some awesome stories this season so I would feel like they are giving in TOO much to public demand if we all got what we wanted TOO fast.
You’ve got a great point there. I like the way they are following up on stories. I’m not sure though if that’s because of the public demand ;) or because they came up with some great stories that were just to important to be handled in a single episode :)

And I didn’t even really believe TPTB we’re taking in account anything that the public wanted, until they made Danny take his shirt of
kwijl.gif
kwijl.gif
Now, building up to it along with some much needed Lindsay character development would be perfect.
It will be great to (finally) get some real insight into Lindsay’s character. We already know a lot about Danny’s background and why he (sometimes) acts the way he does, but we know little to nothing about Lindsay :(
kissmesweet said:
I think that D/L will happen. Eventually. Probably at the end of the season.
I’m thinking and hoping that too. But it will, indeed, be more believable to reveal Lindsay’s past before they get together.

But especially WHEN they wait till the end of this season to hook them up it will be nice to see them together on a case every now and then :D :D
Moriel21 said:
I'm still really annoyed that it wasn't Danny there when Linds got bit by the snake...it should have been him there taking off his belt to make a sling and staring into her eyes telling her to relax and that she would be fine! That would have made my week!!
Those are my thoughts exactly, hon!!
Although the minute he started to take his belt of I think I would’ve fainted. And having him staring into her eyes is not something that will get her to relax :devil: So for Lindsay’s (and mine) well being is was probably better that it was Hawkess there instead of Danny.
pretty much spent the ep wanting to jump him every time he came onscreen!
On screen, off screen, I’d want to jump him every time
swhip.gif

Oh my God-- HEY, MORIEL!
passes out peppermint mochas and fresh blueberry muffins!**
Lovely thanks. I'll have the blueberry muffin with my Starbucks cappucino. :)

I know.. I was so sad that we didn't get any D/L this episode. I feel like as if TPTB are making us wait!! Grrr. :) Still, it was a good episode and I noticed how soft and tender his voice was when he asked about Lindsay. [sigh] Lucky girl; she has sucha gorgeous guy to care about her!

On screen, off screen, I’d want to jump him every time
Oh, dutch-- you're not the only one!

Hey my lovelies! Check it out, I'm actually on more than once in the same day, how cool for me! Lol...it was a crazy week...hopefully it'll slow down now...hopefully! :D

Anyway...on to our lovely ship...

It will be great to (finally) get some real insight into Lindsay’s character. We already know a lot about Danny’s background and why he (sometimes) acts the way he does, but we know little to nothing about Lindsay
Yeah I totally agree! I feel like we keep getting vague ideas of Linds' background, but it'd be nice to know what's going on with her...her "secret" should go a long way in making things more clear, hopefully we'll still get to find that out!! **fingers are crossed!**
be more believable to reveal Lindsay’s past before they get together. But especially WHEN they wait till the end of this season to hook them up it will be nice to see them together on a case every now and then
Definitely agree! Especially because Linds' secret was one of the reasons they aren't together, so they should definitely explain what's in her past before bringing them together...that said, they better do it quickly, cuz I'm getting impatient!! :p And yeah they could at the least work a couple cases together in the meantime...with more than 1 tiny scene together dang it!!
Although the minute he started to take his belt of I think I would’ve fainted. And having him staring into her eyes is not something that will get her to relax So for Lindsay’s (and mine) well being is was probably better that it was Hawkess there instead of Danny.
Um yeah just thinking about him taking his belt off gets me swooning! :devil: Eh yeah staring into his eyes might not relax her (although I still think it might! ;) ) but it'd at the least definitely distract her! :devil:

Hmmm wanna jump him all the time...yeah I'm with ya on that, for sure! ;) :devil:

Okay so thank you a million to Dutch for our new thread title poll...so we can either go with the big winner, or narrow the poll down again...what'll be? The winner at the moment is...
D/L #13 - She likes him , A LOT! :D

And then followed by...
D/L #13 - Don't tell me you don't feel it!

And then followed by a tie...
D/L #13 - Eye!sex is their favorite sport!
D/L #13 - Can't deny the chemistry anymore!

Hehe. I can't believe we're almost on 13. It seems like just yesterday when Mo and Auda were talking about who was going to make one. Its sad really. :( We'll miss you 12!

but she does like him alot! you blankers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back