Danny/Flack #6 - Bottom Line: Flack Wants Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally my S1 DVDs arrived and I noticed something else about the pilot. When Flack's interviewing the home owner, Danny comes in to take a DNA sample of the guy. Flack's all frustrated because the guy won't talk. Well, it's something minor but Flack gets more aggressive when Danny comes in like he wants to show him he's the man. :devil: And when Danny leaves he says something about Saturday, couldn't make out what since I don't have English subtitles on the DVDs.

Now I'm off the watch more episode can't wait for Rain :D

P.S. I tried to find a screencap of that scene but couldn't find one. Can anyone recommend some sites?

And when Danny leaves he says something about Saturday, couldn't make out what since I don't have English subtitles on the DVDs.
"Hoops on Saturday, Flack, don't forget."

Yes indeed, a sweaty one-on-one basketball game with testosterone and sweat and bodily contact, followed by a nice, refreshing shower... :devil:

I checked Past My Shoulder and CSI Caps, but there were only a few caps of that scene and none of the two of them in the same shot. I'm not sure where else to look...

Top41 said:
And Flack got pretty physical with Danny in "All in the Family." :devil:

Oh yeah, that bit where Flack places his hand on Danny's chest to keep him in place. :devil: :devil: :devil: Isn't it interesting that Danny didn't lash out at Flack at all? It's no small thing for one guy to just touch another guy like that, such obvious physical contact in a tense situation like that, ya know? You'd have expected Danny to smack Flack's hand away or something ... come to think of it, it was a very possessive move on Flack's part! :devil: :lol:

That's the look! :lol: That is one Not. Pleased. Kinkapoodle. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: That is one miffed kinka-poodle, alright.

I think it's noteworthy Danny doesn't worry about losing his temper in front of Flack or worry about the consequences of venting on the guy. Flack even makes the effort to keep it confined to him.

Like in On the Job, the instant Danny started to respond to that cop who smart-mouthed him, Flack rushed in to shove that cop away and stop Danny from doing anything to worsen his situation. Was he the one who defused the situation when Danny called Captain Gerrard 'grandpa' too? :lol: I remember Flack giving Danny a long look as the CSI walked out.

love_fan said:
When Flack's interviewing the home owner, Danny comes in to take a DNA sample of the guy. Flack's all frustrated because the guy won't talk. Well, it's something minor but Flack gets more aggressive when Danny comes in like he wants to show him he's the man. :devil:

That scene was hooooot. :devil: Did you also notice how aggressive Danny was with his DNA collecting? He literally pushed the q-tip against the guy's inner cheek! :lol: I think that was the scene that displayed Danny's hot-headedness for the first time on the show.

And yep, Fay's got the quote down pat. Danny was so ordering Flack around even then. :devil: :lol: Talk about being a pushy bottom! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Finally saw Rain and Blood, Sweat and Tears.

There really is no logical explanation for Danny touching Flack like that. It was like, see you later, can't wait to be alone with you.

And then a few episode later in Night, Mother (110) Danny and Aiden are looking for pickpockets and Danny orders Flack around. Talking about being bossy. I bet Flack showed him later who the boss is :devil:

You people have such a bad effect on me, all those dirty thoughts ... :p

OMG and then we have a staring marathon from Flack in Blood Sweat and Tears!!!! Did he even pay attention to what Danny said???
CSINY_114_079.jpg

His mind was definitely somewhere else
CSINY_114_084.jpg

When I saw that scene I almost blushed because Flack was so obviously into Danny.

Kimmychu said:
Oh yeah, that bit where Flack places his hand on Danny's chest to keep him in place. :devil: :devil: :devil: Isn't it interesting that Danny didn't lash out at Flack at all? It's no small thing for one guy to just touch another guy like that, such obvious physical contact in a tense situation like that, ya know? You'd have expected Danny to smack Flack's hand away or something ... come to think of it, it was a very possessive move on Flack's part! :devil: :lol:

It really was a possessive move on Flack's part, and Danny just kind of passively submitted to it. If you look at the cap, his body language isn't aggressive at all, which is interesting because a few seconds ago Flack pulled him off of Ollie. If Danny was really upset with Flack, he could have been physically aggressive back, but he wasn't. Flack was definitely the dominant one there.

:lol: That is one miffed kinka-poodle, alright.

I think it's noteworthy Danny doesn't worry about losing his temper in front of Flack or worry about the consequences of venting on the guy. Flack even makes the effort to keep it confined to him.

Like in On the Job, the instant Danny started to respond to that cop who smart-mouthed him, Flack rushed in to shove that cop away and stop Danny from doing anything to worsen his situation. Was he the one who defused the situation when Danny called Captain Gerrard 'grandpa' too? :lol: I remember Flack giving Danny a long look as the CSI walked out.

No, Stella stepped in there. But in "On the Job," I think Flack was protecting Danny more than he was trying to diffuse the situation. That cop was bad-mouthing Danny, Danny was upset and in steps Flack to make sure the guy gets away from his baby. That was a very protective thing to do!

love_fan said:
When Flack's interviewing the home owner, Danny comes in to take a DNA sample of the guy. Flack's all frustrated because the guy won't talk. Well, it's something minor but Flack gets more aggressive when Danny comes in like he wants to show him he's the man. :devil:

That scene was hooooot. :devil: Did you also notice how aggressive Danny was with his DNA collecting? He literally pushed the q-tip against the guy's inner cheek! :lol: I think that was the scene that displayed Danny's hot-headedness for the first time on the show.

I love how they were both trying to show off for each other. Flack always gets tough and protective around Danny, and Danny, knowing Flack is looking out for him, becomes quite the little show-off peacock, knowing he can be as big a brat as he wants and his big, strong, protective detective will take care of him.

And yep, Fay's got the quote down pat. Danny was so ordering Flack around even then. :devil: :lol: Talk about being a pushy bottom! :devil: :devil: :devil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Danny is a bossy little bottom, isn't he? And I think Flack lets him get away with it a lot because Flack gets away with a lot in the bedroom. :devil: ;)

love_fan said:
And then a few episode later in Night, Mother (110) Danny and Aiden are looking for pickpockets and Danny orders Flack around. Talking about being bossy. I bet Flack showed him later who the boss is :devil:

Oh, no doubt. The only explanation for Danny getting away with being such a little brat in public is that Flack definitely gets whatever he wants in the bedroom. :devil: ;)

OMG and then we have a staring marathon from Flack in Blood Sweat and Tears!!!! Did he even pay attention to what Danny said???
CSINY_114_079.jpg

His mind was definitely somewhere else
CSINY_114_084.jpg

When I saw that scene I almost blushed because Flack was so obviously into Danny.

I know--I was kinda floored to see Flack staring so blatantly and so obviously in that episode! Flack just looked totally lovestruck. And I love the way he laughed when the trashbag hit Danny's head and then immediately stifled it when Danny turned around and gave him a "don't you dare!" look. :lol: Poor Flack, so in love. :D

Top41 said:
And I love the way he laughed when the trashbag hit Danny's head and then immediately stifled it when Danny turned around and gave him a "don't you dare!" look. :lol: Poor Flack, so in love. :D

1140464jg3.jpg

After the trashbag almost clonks Danny on the head ...

Flack: Hehehehe-

1140468lv3.jpg

1140471uv4.jpg

Flack: I'll post my men on each floor.

1140480as3.jpg

And once more, the kinka-poodle is appeased.

(And that, my friends, is a look of love. ;) You just know Danny appeased Flack later after work. :devil:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Truly, Danny and Flack make a wonderful team of snark and sexiness. :devil:

I have loved the screen caps on here and since I have been stuck inside my home on the coldest day of the year here in Wisconsin; I’ve been re-watching all of these episodes. Here’s what I’ve come up with.

only_true_love said:
1. Do you believe that Danny & Flack are both gay? Bi?
2. What made you believe that something was going on between these two that is more than just friendship? Was it a wink, a touch, or something that was said?
3. What was the dirtiest moment between these 2. Basically, a moment that even those who are such die hard shippers of these 2 that made you go yes and cheer or even an omg I cant believe.....
4. And one of my fav. a question that love fans discuss is how would you like to see this ship become canon? Something over a case, etc.??
1. I am leaning more to bi-sexual for Flack than out right gay (maybe possibly ex-gay). There are clearly times that he is flirting with women and a few he seems to be ogling men. Recently in season 4 we have scene that he dose have sex with women but it doesn’t seem to go much further than that. However when it comes to intimacy (and I not talking sex, I mean opening more up emotionally and sharing) he seems more comfortable with men (at least Danny and maybe Mac). There are quite a few hints that Flack has some sort of alternative or open sexual life style. Most notably in season 3, the episode with the dead trani in the men’s room (sorry forgot the episode title). Everyone notices the “woman” unusual physical features but Flack is the only one to think of looking up “her” skirt. Later when he is interrogating “her” killer, Flack takes it very personally. In fact if Stella had not been in there Flack might have a police brutality suit on his hands. None of the other characters related to “her” or took “her” death as seouisly as Flack. Even Hawkes who is supposed to be the one who cares about every victim seemed rather unaffected by “her” death. It was like someone one had hurt a member of his (Flack’s) “family” or at least his community. Also he has stated that he has no contact with his family(like he was disowned by them or something) and sees the team as his “chosen” family (“chosen family” being a gay community concept that straight people do not use).

Danny is defiantly straight, in three seasons he goes through more “new girlfriends” than the team goes through rubber gloves all the while flirting with Adain and than Lindsey. Also he doesn’t seem to be that into Flack as Flack seems to be into him. I think he likes the attention Flack gives him but is either is totally oblivious to the fact that Flack is hot for him or just doesn’t want to deal with it. Danny dose not have any “gay characteristics or tendencies (Flack shows a few).

2. In “On the job”, when Danny and Flack are in the dinner. Flack is clearly torn up by what Danny is saying about “no one having his back”. Yet at the same time he is clearly trying to refrain himself from making any moves or saying anything that would violate the whole “buddy/buddy” thing they have going. He seems to know that if he does it is just going to freak Danny out more. That was the scene that made me go…hmm.

3. The dirtiest moment, so to speak, for me was the one where they tackled Shane Cassy in “Hung Out to Dry”. It was the best Danny/Flack chase scene to date. The whole scene is very sexually charged; the way they tackle Shane and cuff him, the way Shane struggles and screams like he’s about to get rapped by two homo’s, the heavy panting and grunting like they have just had a huge sexual release, and of course Flack shooting Danny a look like he wants to try this later with just the two of them. Very Hot!!!

4. I myself would really like to see it but in order for it to actually happen:
a.) the fans have to overwhelmingly demand it
b.) the producers have to order it
c.) the writers have to take it seriously and write it seriously
d.) Eddie and Carmine have to be willing to do it
I really don’t for see all those things lining up for it to happen so I don’t think it will. But let’s “play devils” advocate and say it did. It would have to be a real big moment. A moment where Flack knew he had nothing to lose by saying it, like say he thought they where both going to die or if Danny was seriously injured and didn’t look like he was going to make it and Flack wasn’t going to let him go to his grave with out saying his peace. Or if Danny found out Flack was gay or bi and asks if Flack had feeling for him. And Flack didn’t want to answer him but Danny realized that the reason Flack couldn’t say it was because it was true. There would have to be some really serious follow up. I really wouldn’t want to see them handled like Danny/Lindsey was handled. They slept together sort of out of the blue and now we really don’t have an idea what going on.

Other things I have noticed:

1.) Stella’s in on Flack secret .- She constantly teases him about his “womanizing” (“Stuck on You”), his flirting with female suspects (“The Deep”). She doesn’t believe he has a “girlfriend” in “You Only Die Once”. They constantly and playfully flirt and tease with one another and there is no sign of any sexual tensions there (unlike with Danny & Lindsey). They support each other no mater what. They are always working cases together. So Stella is clearly Flack’s “fag hag”.

2.) Flack doesn't like Lindsey! -Flack seems to not like Lindsey especially after she and Danny began to flirt. In season 3’s opener (“People With Money”) he doesn’t like her making accusations about his “flirting with women”. In “Child’s Play” they have a geek out moment than they clearly go back to being stand-offish about each other. I think Lindsey has some suspicions about Flack’s feelings for Danny (I think that why she went to him in “All in the Family”) but doesn’t have any real evidence yet so she’s not going to confront him on it. I also think her and Danny only slept together once and has gone back to being just friends. Danny is clearly a “man-whore” and goes from woman to woman. She is trying to be all “big city-girl about it” but it’s eating her up inside.

3.) What’s up with Flack and Hawkes? - At first Flack doesn’t seem to like Hawkes and may have seen him as a threat. Maybe Flack thought if Hawkes got to know him, Hawkes would have figured out Flack’s secret and (maybe have unintently) “Outed” him. Also Danny and Hawkes get along very well and Flack maybe a bit jealous about it. Later though he seems to respect Hawkes and even may have a bit of an attraction to him. In “Slight Out of Hand” while in the magic shop, Flack is almost flirting with Hawkes but Hawkes is not having it or not getting what going on there? In “The Deep” Flack is freaked out about Hawkes getting stuck (though more worried about Danny).

4.) Big “Mac” attack - Mac and Flack’s relationship has gone from being just a professional one, to being more of a friendship (especially after “A Charge of This Post”, and the Consequences, Clay Dobson and 333 storylines). They are clearly sharing more with each other. However, I don’t think that Mac is aware of Flack’s lifestyle (if he is gay or bi) and his affection for Danny. If Mac does he makes no big deal of it. I really think Flack is starting to see Mac as a friend or maybe even a “father figure”, but because of Mac’s military background or Flacks own history with his actual father he hasn’t filled Mac in on his lifestyle. As for Danny and Mac things seem more mellowed between them than in season one. Though we haven’t seen if Mac knows about what happened with Danny during “All in the Family”. If he dose I would think that there would be some sort of repercussions for Danny, Lindsey (Defiantly), and maybe Flack. Since there was no mention in “Playing with Matches” he either doesn’t know (yet) or understood about what happened (doghtfull).

5.) Where Angells go, trouble follows - The writers and fans clearly want to see Flack and Angell hook up into something serous. I think this is to make up for messing up Danny/Lindsey. The only “gay/bi” related storyline I can see with this relationship is if they are setting them up for a big “outing” story and Angell and Flack having to dealing with it. Another interesting way to play Angell and Flack; is that Flack knocks her up and they break up (either because he comes out or they just doesn’t work out together) and she keeps the kid.

6.) Will Flack come out for/to Danny? - Very doghtfull. Right now being a cop means the world to Flack (it’s almost like it’s the only thing he has in his life). He is not going to jeopardize that and being out would. Until Danny or someone else who Flack has feelings for returns them, Flack will remain in the closet.

7.) After the Strike - I would like to see some stuff from “All in the Family” followed up on. Especially the stuff between Danny and Flack but because of the strike (and the history of the show) it will probably end up in “the big, black hole of dangling storylines”! We will defiantly see more Flack and Angell (boo!) and hopefully some resolution between Danny and Lindsey. I have feeling we will see something big right off the bat, like they tie up the “down the Rabbit hole” storyline; and hopefully Danny and Flack are in the middle of it but don’t get killed. Something big and explosive will happen for the season ender (and probably Flack and Angell finally sleep together on a pool table or something).

Well these are just a few random thoughts, feel free to discuss them further and hate me for them if you must!!

Wow, very insightful post, Flacknatic! I really enjoyed reading it, and I love the depth that can be read into Danny and Flack's relationship.

Unfortunately, the stuff with Danny/Lindsay and Flack/Angell (aka the stuff that is most likely going to happen) is far less complex and interesting. *sigh*

I can sort of see a Brokeback Mountain sort of relationship between these two--for numerous reasons each of them would try to live a 'straight' lifestyle, have relationships, get married, start families, etc. Meanwhile, however, they can't ignore their own relationship and it becomes a private undercurrent to their public lives.

Going from Flacknatic's (I think very interesting and believable) reading of Danny and Flack's sexuality, do you think it would be possible for Danny to consider--and ultimately be part of--a romantic relationship with Flack? Or would he keep a line drawn that Flack couldn't cross? If he stuck to them just being friends, do you think it would be just because he's straight and doesn't see Flack 'that way'--or maybe because he's worried it would ruin their friendship?...

See, this is why I wanted input from the male shippers who are in the know! :D

The thing about men showing certain gay tendencies ... it is possible for gay/bisexual men in the closet to suppress them very well, yes? Thinking of Flack and Danny with the jobs they have, being in the police force, it would make sense they'd do as much as they can to make sure they never showed any signs of having homosexual tendencies. I dunno if anyone else has thought this but I always figured one reason why Danny tends to jump from one woman to another is to ... how do I put it, maintain confirmation that he's wholly straight and allay suspicion that he could be otherwise? Ya also gotta wonder why he never stays in a relationship with a woman for long, ya know? ;) I hope that makes sense.

Man, Flack must have it BAD for Danny because he can hardly control his staring. :devil: :lol:

Every time I hear someone say that it's impossible for a gay man to have had tons of girlfriends or have sex with women, I'll think of Sir Ian McKellen. :lol: Dude, that guy didn't even officially come out of the closet until he was, what, in his late forties? And if I recall right, he had quite a few girlfriends before that, didn't he?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the Angell trouble point. :confused: Do you mean that Angell being with Flack is a bad thing or that Flack/Angell going canon will mean Flack's character gets assassinated for the sake of drama?

Faylinn said:
... do you think it would be possible for Danny to consider--and ultimately be part of--a romantic relationship with Flack? Or would he keep a line drawn that Flack couldn't cross? If he stuck to them just being friends, do you think it would be just because he's straight and doesn't see Flack 'that way'--or maybe because he's worried it would ruin their friendship?

Heheheh, in Fandom Land, anything is possible. ;) Yes, I definitely think it's possible for Danny to consider a relationship like that with Flack. There was just something in his behavior towards Flack throughout episode 4x13 ... it feels like Danny wants Flack to make a move but doesn't want to outright point it out.

If Danny wanted to draw a line, I'd say it's more to protect himself than because he can't handle Flack having feelings for him or vice versa. Danny has a history of being disappointed by people he thought he could count on. Imagine Danny having the same deep feelings for Flack but fearing the power Flack will have over him should the guy find out ... Flack would have all the means to rip him up if he opened up and Flack decided to chuck him aside later, like other people have in the past.

I'm just babbling here. :p I wanna hear everyone's opinions on this!

See, this is why I wanted input from the male shippers who are in the know!
I know! It's always great to see what everybody thinks, but I'm personally really interested in what the fans with the boy-parts say. ;) Different perspectives and such.

Heheheh, in Fandom Land, anything is possible.
Well, it's a bit backwards when the show opts for storylines straight out of cliche fanfiction (hallucinations caused by sleep deprivation and sleeping on a pool table without back pain, among plenty of other things) while fandom can try to take the road less traveled in a realistic--if less marketable--way, but there you go. :p (Not that cliches can't be realistic, it's just that they're...cliche. ;))

In any case, I meant in the fandom--the chances of a major primetime show on CBS 'going there' are slim to none at this point, and I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, assume that I mean things theoretically and strictly in Fandom Land when I ask a question like that. :p

I dunno if anyone else has thought this but I always figured one reason why Danny tends to jump from one woman to another is to ... how do I put it, maintain confirmation that he's wholly straight and allay suspicion that he could be otherwise? I hope that makes sense.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. He could also jump from woman to woman because he doesn't really have romantic feelings for them, he starts feeling trapped, he feels like he's misleading them, etc--definitely a valid interpretation, if you ask me.

Every time I hear someone say that it's impossible for a gay man to have had tons of girlfriends or have sex with women, I'll think of Sir Ian McKellen.
My guy-friend dated several girls in high school (and I for one believed he was straight), and he came out after we graduated--there are countless examples of men and women who've had relationships with the opposite sex despite being gay, and to imply that it's impossible is naive. Consider the society we live in. Some people are out from a young age, some struggle with it before they can personally come to terms with their sexuality, still others hide their sexuality for years...

Saying that these two fictional characters couldn't possibly be gay because they've been with women may be accurate because that's how things tend to work in tv-land (and it's a shame, really), but we're in Fandom Land now. :p In Fandom Land, people shower, families exist as more than occasional mentions, continuity can last for more than a season, and sexuality can be anything we want it to be--not what the network tells it to be. ;)

Which is why I love you guys. :lol: I think I would have lost interest in NY a long time ago without the ties I've developed to the fandom.

There was just something in his behavior towards Flack throughout episode 4x13 ... it feels like Danny wants Flack to make a move but doesn't want to outright point it out.
Hmm, very interesting. Maybe he needs Flack to take the first step, but Flack isn't willing to push it until he knows that it's what Danny wants, and Danny isn't going to give him a sign because he wants Flack to do it first...

Silly boys. :p

Kimmychu said:
See, this is why I wanted input from the male shippers who are in the know! :D

Your welcome! ;)

The thing about men showing certain gay tendencies ... it is possible for gay/bisexual men in the closet to suppress them very well, yes? Thinking of Flack and Danny with the jobs they have, being in the police force, it would make sense they'd do as much as they can to make sure they never showed any signs of having homosexual tendencies. I dunno if anyone else has thought this but I always figured one reason why Danny tends to jump from one woman to another is to ... how do I put it, maintain confirmation that he's wholly straight and allay suspicion that he could be otherwise? Ya also gotta wonder why he never stays in a relationship with a woman for long, ya know? ;) I hope that makes sense.

I do have to agree with you on these points but I said Danny was straight because I don't see that many "In's"(stuff only gays or people on the inside would get) with Danny as I do with Flack. Plus having Danny just happen to be gay/bi as well as Flack(if true) is a little far fetched and ties things up a bit easy but anything is posible.

Every time I hear someone say that it's impossible for a gay man to have had tons of girlfriends or have sex with women, I'll think of Sir Ian McKellen. :lol: Dude, that guy didn't even officially come out of the closet until he was, what, in his late forties? And if I recall right, he had quite a few girlfriends before that, didn't he?

No it is deffently not imposible for someone in the closted to have been with women (with the expception of me, the whole vagina thing is just too ickiy). In fact my roomate has an ex-wife and 18 year old to prove it. I don't know about all the Ian stuff?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the Angell trouble point. :confused: Do you mean that Angell being with Flack is a bad thing or that Flack/Angell going canon will mean Flack's character gets assassinated for the sake of drama?

Actually what I ment by the "Toubel with Angells" title was just a play on words of an old movie staring Hailly Mills called "The Touble with Angels". If you did not grow up Chathlic in the 60's (or like me had a mother that did) you have probaly never saw or heard of this movie(it is on DVD and quite funny so go rent it). While I like Angell and I think the paring of Angell and Flack has some wonderfull posibilities. I personaly think Flack should only be with Danny or me! Ok, mainly me! :devil:

Faylinn said:
Going from Flacknatic's (I think very interesting and believable) reading of Danny and Flack's sexuality, do you think it would be possible for Danny to consider--and ultimately be part of--a romantic relationship with Flack? Or would he keep a line drawn that Flack couldn't cross? If he stuck to them just being friends, do you think it would be just because he's straight and doesn't see Flack 'that way'--or maybe because he's worried it would ruin their friendship?...

A long while back I read an article in a gay men's magazine about Stright men who were in relationships with gay men. They were not closted or bi they were totaly turned on and attracted to women, they just couldn't relate or open up to them emotanly so no lasting relationships could form. They could only do that with anouther guy. So enter a male/male relationship to achive the relationship they wanted but could not have with a woman. They even got use to the whole sex with anouther guy thing once they found thier emotonail fullfilment. I could never dicide if this was a sign of humanity finaly braking thought gender and sexual boundries or if these guys were totaly selfdeluted closet cases, but I digress.

Based on Danny's history so far, you could do something like this with him and Flack. In order for that to happen Danny would have majorly let Flack in emotionaly(and we all know how well Danny handles and copes with his feelings). Once that happened the physical stuff would just come(no pun intended). It would make for a very interesting storyline!

Man, great discussion guys. I have to say, that I've always thought that if the ship ever were to go "canon," it would be in the form of Flack having unrequited feelings for Danny. Flack definitely seems to be the one making all the moves and harboring the deep feelings.

I don't really see Danny as a "player" or moving from woman to woman, though. Other than Lindsay, he's only had one or two other girlfriends that we know of (one he referenced in "Dancing with the Fishes" and the other in "Jamalot" and really, they could have been the same woman).

One thing I have noticed about Danny is that he's almost never the one to make a move sexually. Even with Lindsay: he asked her out but it was her that moved to kiss him in "Sleight Out of Hand" and her that initiated sex in "Snow Day." And we've seen a fair amount of women hit on Danny, but Danny isn't really a flirt in interrogations or anything like that. He approached the girl on the train to talk in "Rush" but that's only after she made eyes at him not once but twice. Danny's not really an aggressive type at all, and when it comes to sex, he seems to wait to let the other person make the move.

Flacknatic said:
A long while back I read an article in a gay men's magazine about Stright men who were in relationships with gay men. They were not closted or bi they were totaly turned on and attracted to women, they just couldn't relate or open up to them emotanly so no lasting relationships could form. They could only do that with anouther guy. So enter a male/male relationship to achive the relationship they wanted but could not have with a woman. They even got use to the whole sex with anouther guy thing once they found thier emotonail fullfilment. I could never dicide if this was a sign of humanity finaly braking thought gender and sexual boundries or if these guys were totaly selfdeluted closet cases, but I digress.

Based on Danny's history so far, you could do something like this with him and Flack. In order for that to happen Danny would have majorly let Flack in emotionaly(and we all know how well Danny handles and copes with his feelings). Once that happened the physical stuff would just come(no pun intended). It would make for a very interesting storyline!

I could see that. I think Danny is somewhat insecure, and he seems more comfortable being pursued than he does with doing the chasing. I think regardless of how he feels about being intimate with Flack or men in general, I think he would go along with it, because of how much Flack obviously cares about him, how much Flack does for him and how much it would mean to Flack. I think he cares about Flack a lot, though I think it's fair to say he might not feel about Flack exactly the way Flack feels for him.

I don't know if sex is a "big deal" for Danny. He's never seemed desperate to get laid in any way, and when Aiden made the crack about prostitutes in "Tanglewood," he seemed genuinely baffled. He was the one who made Lindsay wait to get intimate after they got back from Montana.

What I do think Danny loves is the way Flack takes care of him and dotes on him. He tried to brush Flack off twice in "All in the Family" but it was half-hearted at best. When Flack asked about the list, Danny immediately agreed to split it with him. When Flack said Danny being his friend made it his business, Danny accepted it. I think Danny likes that Flack cares about him so much and won't be pushed away--or scared away--by some of his bratty antics. Flack is someone who will never give up on him. I think to Danny, that's way more important than whether Flack is someone he would naturally be physically attracted to. Danny's so emotional and Flack is so strong and steady--they fit that way, even in gender-wise they each might balk at it.

Personally, I think Flack should make a move. ;) :D

Top41 said:
One thing I have noticed about Danny is that he's almost never the one to make a move sexually. Even with Lindsay: he asked her out but it was her that moved to kiss him in "Sleight Out of Hand" and her that initiated sex in "Snow Day." And we've seen a fair amount of women hit on Danny, but Danny isn't really a flirt in interrogations or anything like that. He approached the girl on the train to talk in "Rush" but that's only after she made eyes at him not once but twice. Danny's not really an aggressive type at all, and when it comes to sex, he seems to wait to let the other person make the move.
I hadn't noticed until you said so, but I agree. Maybe we're drawing a player Danny here, but in reality he seems to be the one receiving all the atention and acting as he's being offered, just as it happened with Lindsay or the Suicide Girl.

Top41 said:
He tried to brush Flack off twice in "All in the Family" but it was half-hearted at best. When Flack asked about the list, Danny immediately agreed to split it with him. When Flack said Danny being his friend made it his business, Danny accepted it.
Also, when Flack told him he needed to get over it and stop blaming himself, Danny answered not to brush Flack off, but trying to ask him for a way to stop hurting, to stop blaming himself over something he felt responsible.

I do believe after all the support and signals Flack has been giving Danny, Danny himself should be the one giving the next step. I think Flack is waiting for Danny to realize about everything and to make up his mind, so he won't do anything to damage their frienship by making a wrong move. :rolleyes:

^I don't know if Danny would ever take that step, though. There's something very passive about Danny--it's not quite shyness, but he's got a sort of "come and get me" attitude. :lol: Like I said, he definitely pulled that with Lindsay.

And I think Flack could get pushed into making a move. Flack is such an active person, a doer, a 'seize the day' type. I do think that it would take a lot for him to make a move on Danny, probably because he does think his feelings are unrequited. Danny doesn't do much but let Flack take care of him, but I think trust for Danny is a bigger deal than Flack perhaps realizes. I don't think Danny trusts anybody but Flack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back