Danny/Flack #6 - Bottom Line: Flack Wants Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the idea of Danny being a player, or rather, a guy who can't stay for long in a relationship and jumps from one woman to another stuck in my head thanks to that quip of his in season one. Anyone remember it? It was when he and Aiden were checking out that massaging parlor and he told Aiden he didn't need to go to these sorts of places because he 'had girlfriends to do it for him'. That kinda left the impression he's not averse to being with a woman just for sex, and girlfriends, plural? Heh, I can see him dating multiple women at the same time. ;)

Just wondering ... do you guys think Danny could originally have been written to be a player sort of guy, but had that aspect of his character changed in season two just for the sake of D/L? He did ogle that waitress in that restaurant in season one. Definitely wasn't shy or reserved then. :lol:

Flacknatic said:
Plus having Danny just happen to be gay/bi as well as Flack(if true) is a little far fetched and ties things up a bit easy but anything is posible.

How about Flack be the closet gay and Danny be the bi-sexual then? :p

Actually what I ment by the "Toubel with Angells" title was just a play on words of an old movie staring Hailly Mills called "The Touble with Angels".

Ah, I see. :) Thanks for the info! On an OT note, if you want to add more comments, please edit your post to add them there instead of making a double post. It's just one of the rules to minimize spamming. Thanks for understanding.

A long while back I read an article in a gay men's magazine about Stright men who were in relationships with gay men. They were not closted or bi they were totaly turned on and attracted to women, they just couldn't relate or open up to them emotanly so no lasting relationships could form. They could only do that with anouther guy. So enter a male/male relationship to achive the relationship they wanted but could not have with a woman. They even got use to the whole sex with anouther guy thing once they found thier emotonail fullfilment.

Interesting, very interesting indeed. This is the first time I've ever read about this. Any chance this article can be found online?

Top41 said:

There's something very passive about Danny--it's not quite shyness, but he's got a sort of "come and get me" attitude. :lol: Like I said, he definitely pulled that with Lindsay.

Heh, after she brushed him off in Love Runs Cold and left him standing there like an idiot, I would have lost a heck lot of respect for him if he crawled after her again after that. So I'm not surprised that he was never the one who made a first move since then. Flack's got his work cut out for him, alright. :lol:

I dunno, I feel Flack knows Danny better than anybody else. I think Flack is aware of how ... for lack of a better way of putting it, how emotionally fragile Danny is. He wouldn't be so quick to run to Danny's side if he didn't know how important it is for him to show his support to Danny, to show he's not going anywhere and that he's not going to abandon Danny like the rest.

Kimmychu said:
Think the idea of Danny being a player, or rather, a guy who can't stay for long in a relationship and jumps from one woman to another stuck in my head thanks to that quip of his in season one. Anyone remember it? It was when he and Aiden were checking out that massaging parlor and he told Aiden he didn't need to go to these sorts of places because he 'had girlfriends to do it for him'. That kinda left the impression he's not averse to being with a woman just for sex, and girlfriends, plural? Heh, I can see him dating multiple women at the same time. ;)

See, I took that line totally differently. I thought it was clarifying that Danny wasn't a sleaze--that he wouldn't pay for sex. (I guess he's willing to work off his debts the old-fashioned way, though. :lol: ) Danny's so emotional that I don't see him being a player. I think he's probably had a lot of sex. Danny's like a magnet; he seems to draw both men and women in. But I have a feeling once Danny gets all needy and emotional, he's too much for people. I just don't see him as a player at all, but maybe that's just me.

Just wondering ... do you guys think Danny could originally have been written to be a player sort of guy, but had that aspect of his character changed in season two just for the sake of D/L? He did ogle that waitress in that restaurant in season one. Definitely wasn't shy or reserved then. :lol:

The sushi one? I think that definitely got his attention. :lol: But back then, I thought he and Stella had a flirtation and he was trying to get a rise out of her. Again, I've just never seen him as a player. Delko on Miami, he's kind of a player. I don't watch NCIS, but it sounds like Tony is one on that show from what I've heard. Flack trying to bust a move on Angell is more of a player than Danny. Look at how shy he was about approaching the girl on the train, or even the way he approached Lindsay. It was all very respectful, and his flirting, when he does it, is never sleazy. It's more cute banter than it is sexual. In fact, when Lindsay asked him the thing about phone sex, he put up his hands and said, "Whoa, whoa, slow down there." I don't know, I just don't see him as a player, and haven't from day one. I don't think Danny changed for Lindsay (other than being something of a "punching bag").

Heh, after she brushed him off in Love Runs Cold and left him standing there like an idiot, I would have lost a heck lot of respect for him if he crawled after her again after that. So I'm not surprised that he was never the one who made a first move since then. Flack's got his work cut out for him, alright. :lol:

I dunno, I feel Flack knows Danny better than anybody else. I think Flack is aware of how ... for lack of a better way of putting it, how emotionally fragile Danny is. He wouldn't be so quick to run to Danny's side if he didn't know how important it is for him to show his support to Danny, to show he's not going anywhere and that he's not going to abandon Danny like the rest.

I think Flack does know how important that is, and he's got to know that it means something to Danny. Remember the way he looked at Danny in RSRD and said, "We're not going anywhere"? He was saying it as much if not more to Danny than he was to Mac. He knows how emotionally fragile Danny is, and how much he'd be taking on if he actually got together with Danny. I think Flack is a) strong enough to deal with it and b) too smitten to care. :lol:

Top41 said:
I don't really see Danny as a "player" or moving from woman to woman, though. Other than Lindsay, he's only had one or two other girlfriends that we know of (one he referenced in "Dancing with the Fishes" and the other in "Jamalot" and really, they could have been the same woman).

One thing I have noticed about Danny is that he's almost never the one to make a move sexually. Even with Lindsay: he asked her out but it was her that moved to kiss him in "Sleight Out of Hand" and her that initiated sex in "Snow Day." And we've seen a fair amount of women hit on Danny, but Danny isn't really a flirt in interrogations or anything like that. He approached the girl on the train to talk in "Rush" but that's only after she made eyes at him not once but twice. Danny's not really an aggressive type at all, and when it comes to sex, he seems to wait to let the other person make the move.

That's interesting. Personally, I do see Danny as more than a bit of a player. Maybe not in the traditional sense where he's in constant pursuit of tail, but like you said Top, he definitely seems in no desperate need to get laid.

I think my impression of "Danny the player" comes from two things:

1) Tanglewood: when Aiden suggested he'd been to a rub and tug joint, yes, he seemed a little shocked, in the sense that he didn't see how a guy like himself would ever need to pay for it. Specifically when he replied "I've got girlfriends for that, why would I pay?"

It was never ever lost on me that he said girlfriends (plural) and the present tense in 'have got' insinuating he presently keeps more than one girl on the back burner if he should need the company. Sure, it could have been a bit of bravado there, and might not have been true but one way or the other he seems to BE a player, or want people to THINK he is.

and 2) My own experience, biased as I'm certain it is, ^_^ I can't help but look at Danny and make this judgment based on semiotics of my own personal experiences, but when people (men or women) look as good as a guy like Danny does, most of them know it. Danny seems to know it. He seems to know he's a bit of a charmer. He seems well aware of how he looks and how he looks to other people. The only thing that doesn't quite fit with the stereotypical male pursuer (player) shtick is that he seems to prefer being the one pursued.

Whether or not you wanna title him a 'player' or just the kind of guy who doesn't have to sleep in an empty bed if he doesn't wanna, I definitely see Danny as fitting that bill.

Ooh lots of stuff to read through nice discussion guys. If this ship does go canon it would have to be up to Flack to make the first move because Danny just appears to me to be somewhat of a tease. He'll be flirty but he won't follow through. Another situasion where Danny did actually strike me as a bit of a flirt was from season 1 the episode Crime and Misdemeanor right at the end when Aiden was leaving work all dolled up for a night out and Danny said something like "Your lucky you and I work together." He said it in such a sexy voice and he was obviously checking her out.

Faylinn said:

Going from Flacknatic's (I think very interesting and believable) reading of Danny and Flack's sexuality, do you think it would be possible for Danny to consider--and ultimately be part of--a romantic relationship with Flack? Or would he keep a line drawn that Flack couldn't cross? If he stuck to them just being friends, do you think it would be just because he's straight and doesn't see Flack 'that way'--or maybe because he's worried it would ruin their friendship?...

I think Danny woukd be worried about their friendship the most and what if it didnt work out right. It could be also nerves too. I say this b/c personally I see Danny borderline bi. He may have had a crush on a guy or a few or even been open to the poss. but never has found that someone special. And lets say he even has had some experience with a guy, its gotten likekly only to kissing and a little touchy feely. Or if more he has gotten hurt in some way by the guy. In comes Flack into his life and he has gotten to know him as a great guy and has become a best friend to him. There in itself is the fear. Most if not everyone has played the what if game at some point. I can see Danny do that with Flack A LOT! Hope that made any sense?!

As for Danny jumping woman to woman its one of 2 things or even a mixture of both: He gets involved wayyyyyyyy too quickly with the woman. OR He keeps trying hoping that the next woman he sleeps with he will feel something for her. It be interresting to go back (if someone wants to do that, if poss.) & see if Danny was DRUNK or been drinking more than a few beers when he slept with "his women"! :eek:
As much as I love Lindsey and ship her & Danny I have to agree that the wirtters didnt do a great job of handling it. And as an example of the poss. correlation of Danny drinking & having sex with another woman, he had been drinking when he slept with Lindsey (right??)

And I'm borrowing this idea from over on The Fort, but how do you all think Danny and Flack would spend a Valentine's Day together??? I know all your dirty minds can come up with something! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: And who do you all think is more romantic~ Danny or Flack??? And not just sexually peopple! ;) :p I mean who would by flowers or candy, etc?

roximonoxide said:
That's interesting. Personally, I do see Danny as more than a bit of a player. Maybe not in the traditional sense where he's in constant pursuit of tail, but like you said Top, he definitely seems in no desperate need to get laid.

I think my impression of "Danny the player" comes from two things:

1) Tanglewood: when Aiden suggested he'd been to a rub and tug joint, yes, he seemed a little shocked, in the sense that he didn't see how a guy like himself would ever need to pay for it. Specifically when he replied "I've got girlfriends for that, why would I pay?"

It was never ever lost on me that he said girlfriends (plural) and the present tense in 'have got' insinuating he presently keeps more than one girl on the back burner if he should need the company. Sure, it could have been a bit of bravado there, and might not have been true but one way or the other he seems to BE a player, or want people to THINK he is.

I guess I just see this one differently. I thought Danny sounded genuinely baffled when Aiden suggested guys pay for sex, and I thought 'girlfriends' was plural because he was referring to them as a group--as in, when he wanted sex, he'd go to whatever girl he was dating at the time. I also thought the plural probably indicated he didn't have a girlfriend just then. He did use the present tense, but he's not the most refined speaker. I do seem to be in the minority about this one though.

and 2) My own experience, biased as I'm certain it is, ^_^ I can't help but look at Danny and make this judgment based on semiotics of my own personal experiences, but when people (men or women) look as good as a guy like Danny does, most of them know it. Danny seems to know it. He seems to know he's a bit of a charmer. He seems well aware of how he looks and how he looks to other people. The only thing that doesn't quite fit with the stereotypical male pursuer (player) shtick is that he seems to prefer being the one pursued.

Whether or not you wanna title him a 'player' or just the kind of guy who doesn't have to sleep in an empty bed if he doesn't wanna, I definitely see Danny as fitting that bill.

No, that's a good point. I guess I wouldn't use the word 'player' because he's not out there actively trying to get laid or making sexual innuendos all over the place. But Danny does seem to be aware of the effect he has on other people sexually. I think Danny's very aware he can probably use sex to get whatever he wants. He knows he's sexy.

I'd go so far to say he uses that appeal with Flack. He talks to Flack in a low voice, he's kind of flirty and pouty with Flack, he jokes with Flack. I think Danny might not be totally unaware that Flack is attracted to him, even if he doesn't realize how deep it goes.

I'd probably be more comfortable saying Danny's "very sexual" or very "sensual" than I would be labeling him a player. He knows he's got it, he works it to get what he wants, but he's not the aggressor (something I see as being key when using the word 'player').

only_true_love said:

I think Danny woukd be worried about their friendship the most and what if it didnt work out right. It could be also nerves too. I say this b/c personally I see Danny borderline bi. He may have had a crush on a guy or a few or even been open to the poss. but never has found that someone special. And lets say he even has had some experience with a guy, its gotten likekly only to kissing and a little touchy feely. Or if more he has gotten hurt in some way by the guy.

I think Danny's been hurt a lot in his life, and I do think it's possible that somewhere along the way, a guy hurt him.

In comes Flack into his life and he has gotten to know him as a great guy and has become a best friend to him. There in itself is the fear. Most if not everyone has played the what if game at some point. I can see Danny do that with Flack A LOT! Hope that made any sense?!

I think Danny might be aware that Flack wants him on a sexual level, and has wondered about giving in to that.

As for Danny jumping woman to woman its one of 2 things or even a mixture of both: He gets involved wayyyyyyyy too quickly with the woman. OR He keeps trying hoping that the next woman he sleeps with he will feel something for her. It be interresting to go back (if someone wants to do that, if poss.) & see if Danny was DRUNK or been drinking more than a few beers when he slept with "his women"! :eek:
As much as I love Lindsey and ship her & Danny I have to agree that the wirtters didnt do a great job of handling it. And as an example of the poss. correlation of Danny drinking & having sex with another woman, he had been drinking when he slept with Lindsey (right??)

Yeah, he had. And again--Lindsay made the move, not Danny.

And I'm borrowing this idea from over on The Fort, but how do you all think Danny and Flack would spend a Valentine's Day together??? I know all your dirty minds can come up with something! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: And who do you all think is more romantic~ Danny or Flack??? And not just sexually peopple! ;) :p I mean who would by flowers or candy, etc?

Flack would buy the flowers and candy, Danny would cook dinner and then Flack would chow down on dinner and rip Danny's clothes off and much merriment would be had. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Top41 said:
But Danny does seem to be aware of the effect he has on other people sexually. I think Danny's very aware he can probably use sex to get whatever he wants. He knows he's sexy.

I'd go so far to say he uses that appeal with Flack. He talks to Flack in a low voice, he's kind of flirty and pouty with Flack, he jokes with Flack. I think Danny might not be totally unaware that Flack is attracted to him, even if he doesn't realize how deep it goes.

I'd probably be more comfortable saying Danny's "very sexual" or very "sensual" than I would be labeling him a player. He knows he's got it, he works it to get what he wants, but he's not the aggressor (something I see as being key when using the word 'player').

I agree with you there. The term 'player' seems to have a very specific connotation for some people. That kind of idiot, who lives a continuous party, wears one too many gold chains, may have his hair slicked back and can be caught wearing his sunglasses in doors. :S THAT is not the image I apply to Danny, but I have trouble believing a guy who looks like Messer hasn't seen more than his fair share of one night stands. And like you said, it's pretty clear he knows he's charming and knows how to use his assets, but he rarely allows himself to be the aggressor.

What I do think Danny loves is the way Flack takes care of him and dotes on him. He tried to brush Flack off twice in "All in the Family" but it was half-hearted at best. When Flack asked about the list, Danny immediately agreed to split it with him. When Flack said Danny being his friend made it his business, Danny accepted it. I think Danny likes that Flack cares about him so much and won't be pushed away--or scared away--by some of his bratty antics. Flack is someone who will never give up on him. I think to Danny, that's way more important than whether Flack is someone he would naturally be physically attracted to. Danny's so emotional and Flack is so strong and steady--they fit that way, even in gender-wise they each might balk at it.

Definitely. ^_^ Sometimes I think Danny's just pushing the envelope, waiting to see if Don'll ever react to him the way his brother, and people he desperately seeks approval from have just thrown up their hands and quit on him. But every time Don sticks out another little episode he's pleasantly surprised and humbly appreciative of Don's endless patience and faith in him to come around.

roflbot-UGAw.jpg

Hehe. :p Seriously, though, I could go along with any of y'all's interpretations. :p

Flacknatic said:
A long while back I read an article in a gay men's magazine about Stright men who were in relationships with gay men.
Veeeery interesting. I'm always interested in the complexities of sexuality. And like you say, that could be a really interesting storyline for these two...

only_true_love said:
I say this b/c personally I see Danny borderline bi. He may have had a crush on a guy or a few or even been open to the poss. but never has found that someone special.
Hmm, I could see that. Danny is probably the kind of person who would be open to any and all love/affection--even if it comes in a more 'unconventional' form.

Top41 said:
Poor Flack. :p I don't think Danny would do it to intentionally torture our dear detective, but I can see him being casual about it--and then Flack has to try very hard not to go caveman on Danny's ass, throwing him over his shoulder and carrying him off. :lol:

I think Danny might be aware that Flack wants him on a sexual level, and has wondered about giving in to that.
Giving in for his own benefit or for Don's? I can't imagine that Danny equates sexual intimacy with emotional intimacy (or whatever) since I'm sure he's had plenty of the former and little of the latter--so would he think of sex as a way to maybe keep Flack around and interested?

Flack would buy the flowers and candy, Danny would cook dinner and then Flack would chow down on dinner and rip Danny's clothes off and much merriment would be had.
Yeah, pretty much. :lol: And aww, couldn't you see Flack writing Danny a sweet little letter or something? Of course, knowing Flack, it would quickly turn into a list of dirty things he's going to do to Danny later, but he was trying to be sweet. :p

roximonoxide said:
I agree with you there. The term 'player' seems to have a very specific connotation for some people. That kind of idiot, who lives a continuous party, wears one too many gold chains, may have his hair slicked back and can be caught wearing his sunglasses in doors. :S THAT is not the image I apply to Danny, but I have trouble believing a guy who looks like Messer hasn't seen more than his fair share of one night stands. And like you said, it's pretty clear he knows he's charming and knows how to use his assets, but he rarely allows himself to be the aggressor.

Definitely. And I think there's a big part of Danny that likes being pursued. Carmine even said in the latest CSI Files interview that Danny made Lindsay wait and then come after him. I think Danny is very aware of his sexual allure and uses it to his advantage.

Definitely. ^_^ Sometimes I think Danny's just pushing the envelope, waiting to see if Don'll ever react to him the way his brother, and people he desperately seeks approval from have just thrown up their hands and quit on him. But every time Don sticks out another little episode he's pleasantly surprised and humbly appreciative of Don's endless patience and faith in him to come around.

Agreed. Danny pushes and pushes waiting to be abandoned or given up on and then Flack doesn't and totally shocks the hell out of him. He's grateful and probably more than a little surprised when that happens.

Faylinn said:
roflbot-UGAw.jpg

Hehe. :p Seriously, though, I could go along with any of y'all's interpretations. :p

:lol: There's Flack's slutty little Kinkapoodle! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Poor Flack. :p I don't think Danny would do it to intentionally torture our dear detective, but I can see him being casual about it--and then Flack has to try very hard not to go caveman on Danny's ass, throwing him over his shoulder and carrying him off. :lol:

Yeah, it's amazing Flack hasn't gone caveman on Danny's ass yet--especially when Danny intentionally flaunts it. ;) :devil:

Giving in for his own benefit or for Don's? I can't imagine that Danny equates sexual intimacy with emotional intimacy (or whatever) since I'm sure he's had plenty of the former and little of the latter--so would he think of sex as a way to maybe keep Flack around and interested?

That's actually exactly what I see him doing. I think sex is kind of a tool for Danny--why wouldn't he use it to keep Flack around and interested if he feared Flack was going to give up on him? I could definitely see Danny doing that.

Yeah, pretty much. :lol: And aww, couldn't you see Flack writing Danny a sweet little letter or something? Of course, knowing Flack, it would quickly turn into a list of dirty things he's going to do to Danny later, but he was trying to be sweet. :p

:lol: I can totally see Flack doing that, too. :lol: And it would be sweet, in that slightly cavemanish way Flack has. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flack will probably make up one of those personalised gift voucher things and give it to Danny on Valentines. And each would list all the naughty things he would do and give Danny for the rest of the day. :devil:

"Coupon for One Pounding"

Danny: Gee, Don, thanks. That's so romantic.

:lol:

Danny would give Flack a coupon for a free dessert on a Kinkapoodle platter. :devil: ;)

^^ That's the one thing with Flack he won't be shy about telling Danny exactly what he wants and his valentines coupons would just be plain kinky :devil: And might look something like this.

image006copy.jpg

Danny is one lucky kinkapoo :lol: :devil:

Very interesting discussion.

Hm, since I'm not very good with the quoting I agree with whoever said that Danny's reaction to Aiden in that "massage" place was shock and that he meant his girlfriends as in all the girlfriends he ever had.

My picture of Danny has changed quite a bit since I know about this ship. When I watched S1 for the first time, I thought he was straight but now that I rewatch all the episodes I am not opposed to the thought that he's bi or gay. It's just a feeling I get when I see him with Aiden. There such good friends, buddies even and I don't think he was ever into her. They're like brother and sister to me. They remind me of Starbuck and Apollo actually (although between them there is sometimes sexual tension).

But the reason I'm actually posting is this picture:
321_00824.jpg

Can you see that ring on Danny's necklace (is that a term for a male, well, necklace?)? I was wondering what it meant? And why is he wearing a ring around his neck anyway??? In the next scene it's gone, so ...

In my opinion, Danny is so deep in the closet that he will never come out, except of course Flack makes the first move.

Uh, and about Angell, I haven't seen any episode with her only those clips form the "Rickie" episode, don't remember the name, and I think she knows about Don's feelings for Danny. They way she looked at Flack ...

Sorry, forgot to mention the episode I took the pic from, it's Past Imperfect (S3)

althea said:

image006copy.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is hilarious. Let us hope Danny has a good sense of humor. :p

love_fan said:
It's just a feeling I get when I see him with Aiden. There such good friends, buddies even and I don't think he was ever into her. They're like brother and sister to me.

Same here, actually, until that one moment where Danny looks her over after their shift and then says something along the lines of her looking very hot. :lol: What made that moment was Aiden making a face at a him for his comment.

Can you see that ring on Danny's necklace (is that a term for a male, well, necklace?)? I was wondering what it meant? And why is he wearing a ring around his neck anyway???

:lol: Well, some of us think Flack gave it to Danny and that Flack ties his leash to it when they're alone and in the mood for naughty games. :devil: :devil: :devil: Real life-wise, Carmine once mentioned it was given to him by a friend ... but he never specified who. ;)

Uh, and about Angell, I haven't seen any episode with her only those clips form the "Rickie" episode, don't remember the name, and I think she knows about Don's feelings for Danny. They way she looked at Flack ...

And the fact they were going to talk about Danny during coffee ... :lol: Me thinks Flack probably gushed more than he realized.

I think that necklace thing is actually some kind of sunglass holder. He also has another necklace with some sort of symbol or something. So, yeah, Danny wears jewelry, probably bought for him by Flack. :lol:

And that is so the kind of card Flack would get Danny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Angell--I think she knows. I mean, as much as he mentioned going out, he didn't ask to take her out for coffee. :lol: He said he'd tell her over an Irish coffee. So he's going to go out with Angell and talk all about Danny. :lol: I love how Angell hesitated and said, "I know just the place." Way to play it cool, girl. I think that was probably the moment she realized Flack's got it bad for Danny. And the way Flack's whole face changed when Danny walked into the room? No way to really disguise that one. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back