Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

Kimmychu said:
(Because, damnit, our ship is not hopeless or impossible! I think the fact that D/F is still going hella strong even with the sore lack of scenes says something, yes?)
Oh yes, D/F is as strong as ever... :devil:

OK, so a couple of my favourite scenes, and accompanying pictures (in no particular order). :D

Heroes
DFHeroes.jpg

This is one of my favourite scenes. Flack is compassionate and caring, and obviously a calming influence on Danny.

Hung out to Dry
DFHungout1.jpg

Flack is quiet, just letting Danny talk, makes me think that he knows how to read his man and his needs. This episode was just great in many ways, plus it is from this season, and with the lack of D/F action I'll take it whenever I can get it!

Hung out to Dry again...
DFHungout2.jpg

*fangirl sigh* They are touching...and mirroring each others body language, the sign of a couple who are completely in tune with one another. It gives me hope. ;)

I'm currently rewatching all of season 2, I agree that Necrophilia Americana is great for D/F, in fact I only watch it for the b-case. :lol: The hospital scene in 'Run Silent, Run Deep' is great. Mac leaves Flack in charge of looking after Danny and making sure he doesn't get into trouble. Of course, Flack is the ideal man for that job because we all know he would never let any harm come to Danny, and in that scene Danny has a very childlike quality to him that you can tell Flack wants to protect. :)

^I think that childlike quality in Danny is something that really draws Flack to him. Flack obviously has very protective feelings for Danny, and I think being able to protect Danny makes Flack feel strong and capable. Flack is a man of action--he likes thinking he can do something to help. That's why I think he'd lose it if someone hurt Danny badly--Danny would probably fall apart emotionally, and Flack would want to feel like he could do something to make the situation better. I also think he's got a temper and that would be exactly what it would take to unleash it. I do think Flack would kill for Danny, perhaps without fully thinking through the consequences.

As for "Trapped," I do think Flack froze. Jerry was holding Danny hostage, and I think if it had just been Flack, he might have done what Jerry asked to make sure Danny was safe. Maybe he would have done it to buy time, but if Danny hadn't thrown the solution in Jerry's face, I think Flack would have backed down. As I've said before, I think Danny is his weak spot, and he knows he couldn't deal with it if anything happened to Danny.

Top 10 D/F moments! :D

1. RSRD--When Flack looks into Danny's eyes and says, "We're not going anywhere. Trust me." I think that was the moment I knew Flack was actually in love with Danny. I knew he cared for him in OtJ, I knew he wanted him from all the way back in BST ;) , but that's when I knew he loved him.

2. OtJ--The diner scene. It showed how close Danny and Flack are. Flack is the one Danny turns to when he's in distress, and Flack rushes to be with him. It was pretty damn romantic, second only to the above scene in RSRD.

3. BST--Where it all began! Did Flack take his eyes off Danny once in that first scene in the apartment? I don't think he did. That's when I was like, "Wow, there's something here!" Flack was obviously seriously in lust.

4. Trapped--Flack asking Danny if he's okay, and turning his body protectively towards Danny. He was worried, really, really worried.

5. HotD--Flack checking Danny's ass out at Shane Casey's basement apartment. A personal favorite. :devil: Yes, Flack's a dedicated detective, but even he can take a moment to check out his baby's sweet, sweet ass. Good thing Mac and Stella were concentrating on the evidence. ;)

6. MStB, LoLD, DoWaR--Flack's nicknames for Danny: Danno, Dan, Mess--gotta love it! Flack is so darn crazy about him, and the nicknames show it.

7. OtJ--When Flack pushed the cop, I was like, "Wow! Don't mess with his baby!" Flack to the rescue is so sexy!

8. NA--Danny's snit fit at the beginning and sulking was incredibly cute. Obviously Flack had gotten himself into the doghouse somehow, and Danny was having none of his light teasing. It was incredibly cute. :D

9. Trapped--When Stella is telling Danny he's going to be stuck in the panic room for 13 hours, Flack is visible in the background putting his head in his hand. Poor guy--he knew he was going to have one sulky, out of sorts Kinkapoodle to deal with.

10. NA--Flack's dorky wave. The man is a goner, seriously. He really loves him some Kinkapoodle!

Oooh I completely forgot the scene in the lab in Heroes.

I also love when they are all in the bar at the end of Heroes, Danny and Flack are the only two drinking from bottles and when they raise the toast, they look at each otHer and never break eye contact.

Love the pictures, especially the car ones from HOTD!!

The stuff in Heroes was great, too! There were just too many moments to choose between for a top 10. :D But I think "Heroes" really illustrates how much of an effect Don has on Danny...he really is capable of calming and comforting Danny in a way no one else is. He knew exactly what to say to gently guide Danny back on task.

And yes, they were looking into each other's eyes at the end when they clinked bottles! :D Flack, per usual, never looked away, and Danny looked at him after he told his story. It was very cute. :D

Flacks calming influence on Danny will always amaze me.
I know we all agreed that we thought the relationship started around BST, well doesn't that make it around the Tanglewood case? Same week kind of timing. I'm not sure if the cases are meant to be day after day.

*delurks*

Maybe Danny can strip for Flackie in the locker room sometime and then Flackie can punish him for whatever the hell he thinks he's doing with Lindsay.

*relurks*

^I like the way you think. :devil: Danny definitely owes Flack a locker room striptease...and a whole lot more. ;)

...and my mind just went straight to the gutter with the image of Danny doing a slow, sultry striptease for Flack. I can only imagine how appreciative Flack would be. ;) :devil: :devil: :devil:

BST was around the time of "Tanglewood"--right before it, I think. Too bad we never got to see Flack's reaction to the situation, although the stuff with Danny really just came out at the end. Though, I bet we know who distraught Danny turned to after he left that viewing room... ;)

I will pay go monet to see Danny give Flack a locker room strip. To be fair I think I'd also want front row seats.
Flack would die and go to heaven. Danny showing him how much he does indeed love him and how much of a mistake the Lindsay thing is!

Yeah you know without it even being on the screen that Danny turned to Flack. That's just the way the relationship works.

Danny stripping in the locker room for Flack--a must see moment indeed! Do you think Flack was a little bit jealous that both Hawkes and Adam glimpsed Danny sans shirt in the locker room? I see Flack as a pretty possessive guy--I bet he doesn't like to share his Kinkapoodle with anyone. I could see him being a little irrational about it--okay, maybe not to the point of being jealous about Danny changing in the locker room in front of other guys, but I bet he gets jealous very easily. I think to Danny, jealousy to him is attention and therefore love. I bet Danny, wicked little imp that he is, tries to make Flack jealous. :devil:

Going along with the show for a minute (yeah, I know, we don't love the show shipper wise at the moment :p ;) ), how do you think Flack feels about Danny and Lindsay being together? Eddie's quote was something like "not for me" so we know Flack must not think much of Lindsay and how she's treated Danny. I also notice Flack is pretty short with her whenever they interact. Do you think he'd ever come out and say to Danny that Danny shouldn't be with Lindsay--and maybe even hint at his own interest in Danny? Even if he put aside his own feelings, he certainly might not find the way Lindsay walks all over Danny to be a good thing for Danny, and we know how much Flack cares about Danny's well-being. What do you guys think?

I see Flackie being a bit pissed knowing Adam and Hawkes were near a shirtless!Danny. I know I'd be all, 'Step away from mine!'

I say Danny likes figuring out ways to make Flackie jealous.

I still say he owes him a striptease :devil:

xx

I don't like the way Lindsay was all, "Lets not be together" to "Lets makeoutwhilephotographersarehere" Thing. She turned me off.. Flackie would be the best pick for Danny, he really cares about him and you can tell they have a tight bond.

^That's what I like about Danny and Flack--they really have a healthy relationship. Yes, Flack is the more demonstrative of the two and the one who takes care of Danny, but Danny teases him and makes him laugh and obviously makes Flack happy. Flack just glows whenever he's around Danny. Danny is pretty insecure and needy, but Flack never takes advantage of that, unlike others who have. ;)

I do think Flack's the jealous type though. Hands off his Kinkapoodle, or else! :lol:

I could imagine Flack has had words with Danny. They maybe went out for a beer together after Love Run Cold. Flack does seem very short to Lindsay, sometimes bordering on rude and I can imagine he doesn't like the two of them together (who does to be fair).
I can imagine deep down Flack is just waiting for it to fail and when it does, he'll be there for Danny like always.

Heheh, if anyone's curious why I asked about the whole Danny/Flack cheating issue some time back ... well, here's the story that'll show ya. ;)

Roses and Thorns, Part 1a
Roses and Thorns, Part 1b

There are two more installments, so it's not finished yet. Just to warn you guys though, the story has multiple ships ... including one you guys aren't so fond of. :lol: But trust me, there's a reason why I've written it in. Really! *ninja-jumps away from flying veges*

And oh yes, count me in for a Danny-striptease in front of Flack. :devil: Or better yet, both of them. :devil: :devil: :devil: ;)

^New fic from Kimmy? This is my happy face!!!! ---> :D :D :D

I think at this point, it's hard to ignore D/L if you're going to talk about things in context of the show. Whether it be that we want to read it as Danny being afraid and therefore pursuing a more conventional romance or Danny just being clueless, Danny and Lindsay are happening on the show.

My own personal take on it (and you guys might not like this!) is that at this point, Flack's feelings (and I really do think it's hard to deny that he has them) are unrequited. It's always been a bit unbalanced, with Flack being more demonstrative and taking care of Danny. Flack's much stronger--I don't think he generally needs to be "taken care of" in the same way Danny does emotionally. But Danny shouldn't have left that hospital.

I also don't think Danny's unaware of Flack's feelings for him. Who did Danny go to in "On the Job" when he needed to be comforted? Danny knew Flack would be there for him. I think Danny knows how Flack feels about him, and honestly, I think he takes advantage of it a little bit. He knows Flack will be there if something goes wrong so when it does, he immediately runs to Flack for comfort or support. In that way, I think Danny's a bit of a selfish little shit, even if some of it is probably unconscious.

I do think Flack's only real weakness is Danny--in everything else, we always see him strong and almost invincible. But when something goes wrong for Danny, Flack is always right there, concerned and ready to take care of him.

As for Lindsay, I do think Flack dislikes her. I think part of it is probably honest-to-goodness old fashioned jealousy, and part of it is how she's treated Danny. Like Eddie said in his chat, "Flack wouldn't have been so patient." I don't think Flack thinks much of her--he's cold and standoffish with her. I think he was downright condescending when she was going on about the flower in a recent episode.

I'd like to think what Danny went through with Lindsay would make him more sensitive to how he uses Flack's feelings for him, but, even though Lindsay treated him like shit for most of the season, they ended up together so Danny might not think to look at it that way.

I imagine if things go sour with Lindsay, Flack will be the first one Danny turns to. I think Flack needs to at some point just tell Danny how he feels--if he just tells Danny to take his baggage and issues elsewhere, Danny will be hurt and probably not understand what's going on. But if Flack comes out and tells Danny how he feels, maybe Danny will be more thoughtful when it comes to turning to Flack when he's in need, and who knows, maybe even find he returns Flack's feelings.

No, I don't think it will happen on the show. :p I'm just kind of thinking outloud here. Or, erm, on the computer. :lol:

My wish for the finale would be...

After Danny is rescued and Lindsay's finds him, one of the hostage takers aims his gun at Danny and fires, hitting Lindsay instead. Fatally. That ends that--destiny dashed. Danny loses it of course--after all he's been through to see the person he's "forever bonded" to gunned down in front of him would be too much. He falls into Flack's arms and it's Flack who gets to carry Danny off into the sunset. ;)

A girl can dream. ;)

Just wanted to add...

MichelleK said:
I could imagine Flack has had words with Danny. They maybe went out for a beer together after Love Run Cold. Flack does seem very short to Lindsay, sometimes bordering on rude and I can imagine he doesn't like the two of them together (who does to be fair).
I can imagine deep down Flack is just waiting for it to fail and when it does, he'll be there for Danny like always.

I think when things inevitably go sour between Danny and Lindsay, Flack will be there for Danny. And he'll probably have some choice words for Lindsay, too. They won't be nice words. ;)

Kimmy, that fic is amazing!! I have re read it a couple of times and my heart still breaks each time!! It's fabulous. Congrats.

Top - I like your finale more than the one they have planned!! It could happen! *fingers crossed*

I don't even wanna talk about the whole D/L thing - I'm still mad about what it's caused - but I can see Danny being with her because that's what people expect. She's safe, normal (ish) and that's the norm for guys like him. She doesn't ask to many questions or push it. Flack on the other hand pushes Danny to his limit as he knows he can get away with it. Flack's love does seem very much one sided and like you say Danny does seem to take advantage. I would like to see the tables turned and Flack have a date or start a relationship and then see how Danny reacts.
The one thing is would Lindsay come between Danny and Flack. It's clear Flack and Lindsay don't get on but how would Danny deal with that. Lindsay does seem like she could be very high mantinence. No more hoops on Saturday for the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back