Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

I could see Flack being very over-whelming and jealous at times. We have seen that Danny jokes around and enjoys the attention and I can see Flack maybe taking the wrong way at tmes.
I don't think Danny cares what people think of him, hell he's a Messer, he's grown up with all the crap, but I think if someone, maybe Flack's parents, mentioned about Flack settling down, getting married and children, I could see it hitting Danny like a ton of bricks. Yeah they are happy but Flack always wants to please his father so Danny may be wondering if he's just a temporary thing until Flack finds his true happiness.

Wow! Again I am extremely delighted at the amount of fantastic ruminations regarding our beloved ship. :D Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, I appreciate it. (Heheh, if you must know, I was curious to know what you thought of the guys cheating on each other because it has something to do with a story I'm writing, yesh.)

I love that the opinion is unanimous that Flack will never cheat on Danny. Awwww, does Danny even know what he's got? The brat. :p And wow, Top! Your darker visions of Danny and Flack can sure make for a dark and even scary D/F story fo sho. I wonder how Danny will deal with a Flack who literally goes over the deep end in his obsession. :eek: Or how Flack will deal with a Danny who becomes jealousy-crazed and goes all nutso on him. :eek:

I can't say that I see Flack as being obsessive or intensely jealous, but I could see him feeling betrayed if Danny cheated on him. It's been shown that he himself is very loyal and places a lot of value on it in return. I think he could put up with (has canonically) a lot of prima donna-like behaviour, but everyone has a breaking point.

If Danny came clean before he could find out, I imagine he'd be pretty pissed, but might well forgive the trespass. However, if Danny tried to cover it up and Flack found out, that would probably be that.

If Flack went astray though, Danny would probably go ballistic. Very messy and very hard to fix, I think. Danny might offer the prospect of forgiveness, after a lot of appropriate penance, just to see Flack squirm. Realistically (what the hell am I saying!), I think Flack would break up with Danny rather than cheat, whereas Danny might fool around out of insecurity.

Given that canon has been a bitch lately (literally :D), maybe Faylinn's advice is best: assume that the relationship isn't yet established. Personally, I quite like this approach. Slash is interesting for more than the hot boys. It also gives a way into exploring identity issues and how feelings can change and emerge in a friendship, and how people deal with that. I can see Flack being bi; he's certainly got the self-confidence. Danny, on the other hand, is less sure of himself and he might be less open to the idea, at first anyway. He might be chasing the unlikely target of Lindsay, because he's a little spooked. Certainly, it's hard to understand the attraction there, apart from the fact that Lindsay is "safe" and has the socially approved body parts. When D/L inevitably crashes and burns, a whole lot of slashable opportunities could open up. :devil:

Since penguinpie brought up something that I totally agree with, I'll expand a little bit on my story idea. ;) Let's keep in mind that, while I'm not a fan of the Danny/Lindsay relationship, and despise the way that it's been done so far on the show, I'm not trying to pretend that it's just for kicks. Anybody who is a big D/L fan might not like what I'm about to write, and I apologize, but I don't say anything with the intention of insulting anyone or hurting their feelings. I just consider this another way of looking at the D/L relationship from the standpoint of a D/F shipper. Neither one is better or worse than the other. I simply refuse to let canon dictate my thoughts, and this is the result. :p

I don't for a minute think that Danny doesn't care about Lindsay--he obviously does, regardless of whatever everybody (including us) thinks of it. I definitely think that there's a certain part of Danny that would look at Lindsay as the "safe" choice, as penguinpie said--she's the kind of person that he's supposed to fall for. And when he has these deep feelings for someone like Don, which he's not sure about, Danny might cling even more tightly to his relationship with Lindsay. I don't think he'd be using her, certainly not intentionally, and his feelings are genuine--but he's never going to be able to ignore what he feels for Don, and at some point that is going to come to the surface. It may not be today, it may not be this year, but eventually it will. And if Danny truly cares about Lindsay the way that we know that he does, he won't want to keep her tied to him when his feelings aren't as strong as she deserves from the person she's with.

That up there ^^^ has a lot to do with the story that I was talking about writing once this season is over, depending on how things go. Looking at things that happened/will happen in canon from the standpoint that what you see isn't always what you get, and that things aren't always simple. :)

Basically, I'm going to write D/F no matter what the show does. :lol:

Ok, now to address Top's point about the 'darker' side to their relationship. ;)

I can see it, and I've read at least one story (which has been taken down now, I believe) where Don's feelings toward Danny definitely stepped over the line into obsession. It was a slightly disturbing look at the relationship, and I'll admit I'm not fond of looking at things that way, but it's definitely a legitimate view.

I don't really like the idea of one or the other of them going cra-zay, so while I understand it, I don't really believe it. :lol:

Faylinn said:
Basically, I'm going to write D/F no matter what the show does. :lol:

Quite right too! Although, I have to say, what they do on the show does affect my thoughts about the D/F relationship. So the questions about Danny cheating are interesting...And I more often find myself imagining that Danny is completely torn by his feelings for Flack and somehow in the short term is finding it easier and safer to be with someone like Lindsay, but he will only ever find true happiness with Flack. :( One day he will realise that...

Right, on to the questions...I could imagine Danny cheating, because of his confused feelings, and his lack of self worth. But, despite Flack's deep feelings for him, I'm not sure he would be quick to forgive, if he could forgive at all. Flack is a self confident man, who tends to go a little mushy over his lover, but yet I think he knows that he deserves to be treated better than that. And Danny would probably quickly realise that too.

I wonder if Danny would feel he deserved Flack's love after doing something so terrible? I think cheating on Flack would probably help Danny to understand his true feelings, but at the same time could lead to the end for them. :( I would hope that Flack would take it well, devastated obviously, but ultimately he would be able to move on and wouldn't hold a grudge. So whether Flack can forgive may be irrelevant, I'm not sure that Danny would be able to forgive himself.

So, ultimately I think Flack may be able to find happiness elsewhere, although he would always have that spark with Danny, and maybe they would try again, but it would be further down the line...and after a lot of soul searching.

I can see Flack in another relationship, harbouring a secret desire for Danny, and Danny sadly ending up alone. :(

I think Flack can be obsessive about Danny, but not in any scary way. And I think Danny likes it really, it gives him a sense of worth and he knows that no matter what, Flack will always look out for him. :)

Faylinn said:

I can see it, and I've read at least one story (which has been taken down now, I believe) where Don's feelings toward Danny definitely stepped over the line into obsession. It was a slightly disturbing look at the relationship, and I'll admit I'm not fond of looking at things that way, but it's definitely a legitimate view.

Mwahahaha, and I know exactly which story you're refering to. ;) I didn't realize it's been taken down. What happened?

I don't really like the idea of one or the other of them going cra-zay, so while I understand it, I don't really believe it. :lol:

Hey, don't you think it'd be interesting at the very least if Danny or Flack went all American Psycho and ran around nekkid while wielding a chainsaw or something? :p Although ... it probably won't be the chainsaw that'll make people keel over. :lol:

*sniff* Thank you for more addition to the discussion, people. I, too, won't stop writing Danny/Flack for a very long time. Other pairings may pop in once in a while, but D/F will always be at the top of my list. I hopehopehope that there'll be lotsa Danny/Flack interaction in the coming season!

Elsie said
Right, on to the questions...I could imagine Danny cheating, because of his confused feelings, and his lack of self worth. But, despite Flack's deep feelings for him, I'm not sure he would be quick to forgive, if he could forgive at all. Flack is a self confident man, who tends to go a little mushy over his lover, but yet I think he knows that he deserves to be treated better than that. And Danny would probably quickly realise that too.

Yup, pretty much my take on the scene. Whereas I think Flack would always harbour a deep yearning for Danny, I really don't see him being able to forgive. I think more likely he would have started the relationship on the distinct understanding that cheating spells THE END.

I think that Danny would try and try to return to Flack, but as much a Flack would waver and long to take him back, I think that the trust had been broken and Danny would charge like a moth to a flame and only end up getting burned. I do however think that Flack would take the time to ease Danny through the process, letting him know that he'll always have his back and look out for him and that he'll always be there as a friend for him. I reckon that once the trust is gone Flack would never rest with Danny and no matter how painful for him to let Danny go.....he would.

As for another relationship for Flack, I couldn't see him settling for just anyone after the sparks flew with Danny. I think he'd be very cautious over his choice of partner and could see him going for someone older, more grounded than Danny, someone who he would need as well as being needed back. A more level, equal partnership. I always think he'll carry a torch for Danny, but I think that would make him work harder at a new relationship, to show Danny that it could be done and that they both in the end could find happiness with others...

I can see the darker side of their relationship, but I also can see why people would not necessarily want to see that delved into. I also don't really see it going down a dark route except in very specific circumstances. I think the characters both have darkness to them, but that they bring out the good in each other. Danny makes Flack smile and he's softer around Danny than anyone else, whereas Flack seems to calm Danny's fears and uncertainties and make him feel safe, which for Danny is a huge thing.

If we're going strictly by the show, then no, they're definitely not together. I think Flack has it pretty bad for Danny and Danny either knows and is in denial or is oblivious or simply doesn't return Flack's feelings. As for Flack's sexuality--I think for Flack it's as simple as the fact that Danny is who he wants. Yeah, he was probably surprised that he found himself head over heels for his best friend--a guy--but I think that he took it in stride. Given the stares, the way he changes around Danny (Flack just kind of melts a little--he's so gentle and sweet with Danny!), the way he rushes to his rescue--I think Flack is absolutely in love with Danny.

Canon says Danny wants Lindsay. I've always been baffled by that. Aiden, Maka, the train girl--they all made sense. They were attractive, confident, capable women. Lindsay is a drab nothing with an unpleasant personality. As it's been said above, maybe Danny chose her because she's a safe pick. She also doesn't seem like anyone he'd ever really fall for. So if he's trying to deny feelings he might have for Flack, Danny liking Lindsay makes a little more sense.

Getting back to the cheating topic--it's an interesting discussion, but I've got to say, I don't really see either one cheating on the other. I think Flack's too smitten and Danny from what we've seen, is more than capable of resisting come-ons (of which there are many! :lol: ). But here's a question, since Danny always seems to be getting himself into danger in one way or another. How would Flack react if someone attacked Danny--physically, sexually, etc.? We saw what he did when the cop was just mouthing off about Danny in "On the Job"--he basically shoved the guy, hard! I think if someone really hurt Danny, Flack would lose his shit--and perhaps cross an ethical line. I think Flack would kill for Danny. What do you guys think?

Top41 said:
I think Flack's too smitten and Danny from what we've seen, is more than capable of resisting come-ons (of which there are many! :lol: ).
Yeah, I would agree with that Top, I can't really see either of them cheating. I had forgotten about Danny resisting the come-ons from women in the past, but now that I'm thinking about it he does attract his fair share of female admirers (although they are usually a bit er, weird...) and he is fairly quick to reject them. I guess, once he knows what he wants *cough*Flack*cough* he doesn't feel that he needs the attention and ego boost that these women potentially offer. ;) And Flack being smitten gives him all the attentions and affirmation he needs. :D

I think Flack would kill for Danny. What do you guys think?
:eek: I don't want to think about this scenario. :( But if Danny was badly hurt or abused in some way I think Flack would find it really difficult to cope with, and Danny would be such a mess that this could be the only way Flack could deal with Danny's and his own pain. :( Obviously Flack would kill to protect Danny, because as we all know, Flack would do anything for him, but I also think he could be driven to killing more in cold blood, or at least seriously wounding...although I don't actually think Danny would be too happy about it and would undoubtedly feel responsible for it.

Hmm, that was fairly dark from me in the end there too. :lol:

I could definitely see Flack losing it big time if Danny were hurt. I could see him being Danny's rock when they were processing him and figuring out what happened but when they had the suspect Flack would be like a bull in the china shop. Flack seems very protective of Danny and in OTJ the slightest comment and Flack shoved a cop. If it were a serious injury god only knows how Flack would react. His temper would blow.

Whilst i agree that Don would do anything for Danny, regarding killing for or because of him is another matter. I think Don is quite happy to stick up for Danny OTJ is a classic example and show his support OTJ and RSRD are both great examples, but in Trapped it's Stella that pulls the trigger that maims Jerry, Don does ask if Danny is ok, but he never carried out the deed himself, now maybe stella was just too quick or maybe seeing the man he loves(has feelings for, as we've discussed on here in some previous posts, i think Canon is now dictating that these two have yet to admit their feelings for one another other.) in danger froze him.

Don obviously worries about Danny in RSRD when Don has to tell Mac that Louie is in hospital and that he can't find danny, suggests that he had looked for him and panicked or worried about what hot headed Danny was going to do?

Flack is very good at his job and i think when it comes to Danny he loses his head, but i don't think that means he goes off the boil, i think like in Trapped, whilst Danny is in there going a bit stir crazy, Don trys to keep things light, i guess keeping him calm, In Heroes he does the same steering Danny back on track, RSRD, he stays at the hospital to stop Danny seeking revenge as well as protecting Danny from suffering a similar attack. WHilst i agree that Danny himself hasn't been physically hurt (the only Danger being in trapped) DOn has manged to keep his cool, and it is often harder to see a loved one under emotional stress than it is physical pain, because you know the physical will heal, but the emotional (is anybodies guess).

Thats Just my take on things.

All this reminds me of something way back in my past that I would draw a comparison with for Flack. After hubby and I had moved in together many many years ago, my Mom brought some boxes of my stuff around while I was at work. Unfortunately there was an old letter from an ex amongst the stuff that hubby decided to helpfully unpack. When I got home from work I thought we'd been broken into. Hubby was sat on the sofa his face like a thundercloud, the table was kicked over stuff all over the floor. It was only when I'd been confronted as to what the hell's going on, that I showed him the postmark that he'd missed and was three years back in the past. Now hubby is solid and dependable, just like Flack's character, but I really can see Flack going over the edge if anything threatens his relationship with Danny, however minor. I think he'd have a fit. It's always the quiet ones that can turn feral and dangerous if someone they love or a relationship they're in is in any kind of danger.

If Danny was injured or threatened, I think Flack would be on the perp with a vengence. I don't know if he'd kill, but no one can rule that out, but he'd certainly be tempted to do some serious damage.

But I don't think they'd hold his attention for long after they'd been "dealt with". Once they were in custody or whatever, he'd be turning his attention back to Danny. Sammy11's examples show that Danny's welfare comes first; he'd leave the pursuit to someone else or postpone it if Danny needed him more.

We'll have to see, I guess, how the finale pans out for the boys. Could be very interesting ...

Joolz said:
It's always the quiet ones that can turn feral and dangerous if someone they love or a relationship they're in is in any kind of danger.

Heheh, that's how I've always envisioned Flack to be. He's nice and calm and snarky, until you piss him off. Especially if you hurt his kinka-poodle! :eek: Going OT for a sec, aww, Joolz, I can tell that your hubby has very strong feelings for you. :) I think it'll take a guy with a really, really cool composure to not get upset upon finding some secret love letter that he thinks has been hidden from him. Either that, or the guy doesn't care that there's an affair going on behind his back, which definitely sounds worse. Awwww, I bet he felt a little silly after hearing the truth, eh? ;)

Back to D/F discussion ... hmmm, about Flack and pursuit of perps when Danny is injured. If Danny isn't too badly wounded, I can see him calling for back-up / EMT so Danny will get care quickly then continue with the chase. Based on the chases we've seen the two detectives experience, they like to get their man no matter what. :devil: :lol: However, should Danny get seriously hurt, Flack would certainly tend to the guy till the ambulance arrives but also call for back-up so other cops can do the chasing. 'Cause that's what partners do. :D

Okay, I have something for you all to think about:

List your Top Ten Danny/Flack moments!

Any season, any episode. Doesn't matter if it's just a few seconds of screen time or an entire scene or there's somebody else in the scene with them, or even if neither guy says anything. :) Pictures to go along with the list would be great too!

(Because, damnit, our ship is not hopeless or impossible! I think the fact that D/F is still going hella strong even with the sore lack of scenes says something, yes?)

I think I have four fave moments!

1. The geekiness overall of Flack. The wave in NA and all the nicknames. Dan, Danno, Mess.

2. The cafe scene in On The Job.

3. The chase and car scene in Hung Out To Dry

4. The hospital and Flack's we're not going anywhere, trust me in Run Silent, Run Deep.

All four are such simple scenes and yet show so much of the two and their feelings!!

Danny and Flack may never be canon on CSI:NY but they'll always be canon in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back