Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

Of course Flack said I love you first but I don't think Danny said it back straight away. I could imagine he waited and then it took a tense situation like Trapped or RS,RD for fim to realise his feeling and for him to tell Flack. My take on things anyway!!

Flack would definately be the first one to say it. I also think Danny said it back when Flack told him. Danny probably wanted to say it but wouldn't do it until Flack did. So when Flack told him, he was eager to tell him. He was probably a little surprised that Flack told him and that Flack loves him. Danny can be very insecure sometimes and he seems to be surprised that Flack would want to be with him. When is he gonna learn that Flack can't get enough of his kinka-poodle.

When Danny found out about Mac and Peyton, I would have loved it if Flack had been working that case with them. The look Danny would have shot Flack when he found out Flack already knew about them, would have been priceless. Flack definately had a pouty little kpoo that night.

Count me in for Flack saying the three words first. :D However, I'm sure Danny could just as easily say it first. All depends on how it's written out and what the situation is.

Heh, I think if the TPTB had written Flack in the scene when Danny asked Mac that question ... there would have been no doubt at all that something's going on between the two of them should Danny have glared at Flack. :lol: (Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out why Danny asked Mac that of all things after finding out about Mac/Peyton. There's a closet D/F fan on the writing team, I know it.)

And ah, I see we have more newbies to the thread! :) Please to be keeping posts to three sentences or more, okay? Thanks.

Yeah it is a wonder why they put in why Danny asked if Flack knew. Come on out closet Danny and Flack writer, we know you're out there!!
That scene with Danny shooting Flack a look would have been hilarious.

It had to be a shoutout. Between the "DL" on the mirror and Danny asking about Flack knowing, the writers were definitely winking at the fans. :lol:

I wonder when Flack said those three words to Danny. If they're together, I think they got together sometime between BST and On the Job. By the time On the Job rolled around, they'd probably been sleeping together, but Flack hadn't said those three big words. I bet he did that night though, after his devastated Danny came home and told him he was off the promotion grid.

I think they had their first big fight the night before Necrophilia Americana--maybe not a huge fight per se, but Flack pissed Danny off big time and then had to get back into his Kinkapoodle's good graces. ;) Nobody said dating Danny would be easy! :lol:

Yeah I definitely think he told him the night after On The Job. Danny didn't think anyone had his back, perfect way to show it Flack told him he loved him.
I agree about the fight. The whole situation and the tone of the two of them together makes for interesting viewing. Danny's tenseness starts to waiver after just a few minutes around Flack. Maybe Danny realsied he probably jumped the gun the night before!!

Top41 said:
It had to be a shoutout. Between the "DL" on the mirror and Danny asking about Flack knowing, the writers were definitely winking at the fans. :lol:

The 'DL' turned out to be a 'DJ', but there's no mistaking whatsoever that Danny asked directly about Flack! :D Ya know, that question ought to make for a great basis for a PWP story where Danny -

Uh, going back to discussion ... the first time Flack said the words? After On the Job is very likely. :) During the episode, it's obvious Danny seemed to still have trust issues, including with Flack. Let us see that scene through our slash-tinted glasses and presume Danny couldn't quite open up and trust Flack because he wasn't sure how Flack was feeling about him then. But of course, Flack told Danny right quick once he figured out what else was bothering his lovah. ;)

The funny thing is that I can't quite see them fighting. (Not unless it was in some angst-ridden plot, that is. :lol:) I totally see them bickering like an old, married couple though. Danny would so bicker with Flack over the guy's choice of ties, hah!

Flack: But I like wearing my bright red striped tie with my blue checkered dress shirt and pink jacket!
Danny: ... and ya wonder why I never take ya out.

Yeah I can see Danny and Flack bickering rather than full out arguing!! They just disagree on certain things and then a few hours later they just agree to disagree. I do think Flack's choice of ties has caused a fair few disagreements.

I think its part of the course for those two!!
Bickering and making up... in fact i reckon they find things to disagree on!!

We got a taster of how those two argue (properly) in On the Job... bit opinionated and hot tempered. I doubt either one of them backs down easily when one of them is putting themselves in danger or in the (meterphorical) line of fire. They care to deeply to stand back and watch the other one throw their life down the drain. I think in the everyday arguements, Danny exaggerates, gets all pouty and stroppy so Don will make a fuss of him! Funny how Flack is allergic to cats but falls in love with a guy who pretty much behaves a little like one.

In reagrds to the "I love you" moment. I think Don would have told Danny after the Minahs shotting, probably when they were trying to make up after the diner argument.

Flack definitely said it first, i think Danny would have to have to hear it first, he isn't that confident and i'm not sure he would feel he could say it. I think Don would know already that Danny loves him. Danny is very expressive without saying alot, so possibly Don doesn't feel Danny needs to say it because he shows it.

Thats my take on things anyway.

Yeah I can understand they are both hot headed guys and neither will back down in an argument! I could imagine it being Flack that apologies first whereas Danny will still be sat in a strop.
I do think they balance each other out though. They are each others rocks when they need it!

One question I always wondered was.... HOw di you think Flack reacted to Danny going into the bar with Shane Casey?? Do you think he told Danny he didn't want to do it, or knew that he had to just let it go and let him get on with it?

Hmmm, it seems we're reiterating the same issues, which makes me sad because it reminds me we've had nada Danny/Flack scenes for ages now. :(

But! That doesn't mean the D/F fandom's getting any smaller, no sirree. I have some questions for you all for which I'd love to know your answers:

1. In the event that Danny cheats on Flack with somebody else (canon character or not), how do you think Flack will react to the situation?

2. Should Danny decide to return and wish to make amends for his infidelity, how will Flack react to that? Do you think Flack should take him back, or not?

3. And if Flack doesn't want Danny back, how do you think Danny will feel about seeing and knowing that Flack is with someone else (canon character or not)?

Feel free to switch the names if you wanna talk about Flack doing the cheating instead. :p Get talkin', everybody! :D

Hmm, I haven't posted in here since the 17th. A bit neglectful, methinks. :( However, I will now make it up to you with more than a thousand words in a single post. Yayness! :p

Hmmm, it seems we're reiterating the same issues, which makes me sad because it reminds me we've had nada Danny/Flack scenes for ages now.
When pursuing one possibility, a lot of other possibilities fall by the wayside. I like it when the canon leaves us endless possibilities instead of forcing us to wonder what we might do if one of the characters were to cheat. I'd personally rather enjoy what time we still have without having to consider these things, rather than immediately jumping into them before there is a need, but meh. Relationships aren't always hunky dory and peachy keen.

For me, everything is possible until canon limits the possibilities. The very nature of this type of speculation and discussion makes it inevitable that everything you say or think will most likely become obsolete and/or impossible at some point. We don't know if Flack has any siblings, so we can create them to our hearts' content until the show has one little line that defines his family and poof, all of that fanfic is automatically against canon or AU--one line is all it takes. *shrug* I see other relationships the same way.

We've been able, since season one, to define Danny and Flack's relationship however we wanted, to choose for ourselves when things started and how they progressed and where they are now, not to mention everything in between. We could choose if they were living together, if they'd chosen to make a more formal commitment to each other, and anything else that occurred to us. As time goes on, however, canon is starting to close in.

Now, unless we choose to disregard canon entirely (which is a possibility some people will choose, I'm sure ;)), we have to make do with what they give us. So, in my opinion, that leaves two options--either continue with the relationship that we've created in our minds, and consider infidelity; or redefine the relationship. Neither possibility is more valid than the other, I'm just putting them both out there. :p

However, that's not the point of this discussion. ;) So I'll assume for the moment that they've been in a relationship prior to the current point in the season.

1. If Danny cheated, Don would feel utterly betrayed. And given the betrayal by people that he's trusted in recent years, I can't imagine that he would take it well. The other people who have betrayed him haven't considered how their actions would affect Don, but if Danny were to cheat he would do so knowing exactly what it would do to him. If Danny is unhappy with Don, wants to try something else, etc--he'd be much better off hurting Don by breaking up with him. Honesty is better in this situation, IMO.

2. I can't see Don wanting to give Danny back his trust easily. He might accept him back in some way, but that deep level of trust would be gone. Don would have to look at Danny and know that nothing he does, no amount of love and devotion, can guarantee that Danny won't betray him again. Consider what Don has done for Danny so far--if he would cheat on Don after all of that, then Don would be well within his rights to feel that granting Danny any kind of trust isn't worth the possibility of pain.

3. If Don didn't take Danny back, then Danny would have to feel guilty and blame himself for the fact that Don is with someone else. Ultimately, in a close professional relationship, that kind of personal baggage could cause major problems. At some point, the tension would boil over.

Now, let's switch things around. Our interpretation of the canon has nothing to do with what actually happens on the show, so we can't put all of this blame on Danny for being the puppet on the strings. (Although it would be nice if the fandom could remain no-strings-attached.)

So, the same questions, considering if Flack cheated on Danny:

1. Danny doesn't place trust easily, and for Don to earn his trust and then toss it aside like that would wound Danny very deeply. He would be hurt and confused about why Don would put so much time, effort and love into their relationship, and into gaining Danny's trust, only to betray it for someone else. However, I don't really see Flack as the cheating kind--nor do I see Danny cheating on someone who truly loves him, but that's not the point of the questions. :p

2. I'm not sure Danny is always willing to give second chances when it comes to trust. With Louie, he learned that he'd felt betrayed because of miscommunication and secrecy--with Don, he would feel betrayed by a deliberate abuse of that trust. While Danny will give Louie another chance and even feel guilty for having a reasonable reaction all of these years, with Don I get the feeling that he would only begin to feel that he'd been the fool for all of this time. Could Don really make amends for building such a strong foundation with Danny and then taking a sledgehammer to it? Probably not.

3. Don would feel guilty, and while it would hurt him, if he loved Danny in the first place, and as strongly as we feel that he does, he would put his own feelings on the back burner because he would want Danny to be happy.

Now, of course, all of that was taking into account that the cheating would be intentional--not a drunken one-night-stand with Sally or Jeff from the lab.

While all of this could make for great realistic fanfic, I think I'd rather gravitate toward the possibility that offers less pain and more hope--namely, putting my already-completed fanfics lovingly to the side (and calling them AU if someone demands it) and starting to write the relationship from a point that it hasn't actually become established yet. In fact, I have a fic idea that I might write once the season is over and I can plan it out to include events from earlier in the season (when I originally came up with the idea) up until the finale. :)

Whether canon screws me over or not, I'm not giving up on these two. ;) They'll be together eventually, one way or another. :D

WOW Faylinn!! I don't think there is much i can add...

Hmmm, it seems we're reiterating the same issues, which makes me sad because it reminds me we've had nada Danny/Flack scenes for ages now.

I agree, we have had less of their interaction in season 3. We know why, but thats not for discussion here :p Its sad to say but part of my enjoyment of the show has been Danny and Flack interacting! Picking out the subtext, however obscure and completely overhyping little looks and touches that pass between the couple. Season 3 has had its moments but the relationship has taken a back burner in the writers minds. Shame :(

Anyhoo on with the discussion at hand!

1. If Danny cheated on Don. I have to admit i do feel it is more likely to happen this way round. Purely because i feel that once Don has made up his mind he is less likey to change it. Danny isn't fickle but i think he (as discussed in previous posts and threads so i won't bore you all with it) needs attention. So in the event of him intentionally cheating on Don. I feel that Don would be devastated, he clearly doesn't trust easily and in Season 1 and 3 we see how Don reacts when people screw him over. If Danny were to cheat, i think Dons reaction would to be to cut Danny out of his life, to some extent. Although (sorry this really has got me thinking)i also feel that perhaps Don would blame himself, see it as Danny cheating means a failure by him in being unable to give Danny what he went looking for. Whatever that is? As Faylinn has said so well is that in the past Don has been there for Danny, IMO Don would feel that Danny had stamped all over that but would perhaps feel that Danny did it for a reason.

2. Well this directly relates (for me) to my point in Q1. I think it takes a while to earn Dons trust, but when given its given without hesitation. Don has been there many times for Danny and i feel that although Danny would have thrown Dons trust in him down the drain, Don would perhaps feel that Danny had a reason to cheat. I think Don would have a hard time ever trusting Danny again and to my mind wouldn't take him back, but i wouldn't rule out the possibilty of Don (i feel that once he loves he loves for life, in the fall even though Moran isn't his lover but perhaps a father figure in some way, although Don is let down, his respect for the man never seems to waver) keeping Danny close. I'm not saying Don would muck him about - let him in, kick him out - kind of thing, but would give Danny the chance (even if he doesn't tell Danny this) to work his way back. I think ultimately Don loves Danny and were Danny to cheat, Don would feel incredibly betrayed but that wouldn't stop him loving Danny. We know that Don can hold a grudge (consequences and the episodes that follow) but i don't think that means he would cut of his nose to spite his face where his heart is concerned. He may not let Danny back in immediately but i don't think that would extend to forever. That is just my personal feeling.

3. hmmmmm... Well Danny is a very emotional character (well was in season 1 and 2, but again i've posted my feelings on that in another thread :rolleyes:) and i think he would feel angry at himself to have let probably the best thing that ever happened to him down. I don't think Danny would sit there and let it happen. Obviously if Don chooses not to take him back then ultimately Danny has little choice in Don's next move and if we are saying the cheating is intentional but Danny still loves Don i think that Danny would try and do anything to get back into Don's life. As i said above i think Don would keep Danny close, even if he was to cheat and Don refused to have him back. Don does love Danny, he knows how fragile Danny is and can be, i have a hard time excepting that Don would just abandon Danny, and if Don were to have another relationship, he would probably keep it quiet so as not to hurt Danny. Sounds odd i know. i just don't see Don as spiteful.

I hope i've raised some points of my own and not just babbles or reiterated other points made previously :D.

Thanks for the discussion points!!

In response to the questions:

I can see Danny being the one to cheat over Don. I could see it happening in the situation that Danny either misunderstands something that Flack says or does or he could be second guessing his feelings and try and figure them out. If that made sense.
Flack would be completely heartbroken and crushed and I think his spark and everything would disappear. I don't think people realise how much Don's needs Danny in his life.

If Flack were to cheat on Danny. I think it would have a knock on effect on Danny. Danny always sees that the people he cares about will hurt him and disappoint him. Don is the first person Danny has let into the Messer bubble and for Flack to do something like that would be heartbreaking. Danny would go either two ways. He'd either go mental and kinda freak out, or he would build the walls around himself again.

I could see them getting bac together and working through whatever happened. They both work tough jobs and know that life is too short and all that jazz. I don't think the relationship would be what it was in the beginning but it'd true love for the two of them.

If Flack didn't take Danny back I think he'd put on a front and pretend all is well but deep down he'd be devastated. He knows he will have ruined the best thing in his life and it would have been through his own stupidity.

Cheating! Sadness! :( Not cool if either of the boys did that. :p

I think I see it a little darker. I think Flack would really, really lose his shit if Danny cheated on him. His feelings for Danny certainly seem to be intense, and I think that his reaction would be similarly intense if Danny was unfaithful. I could see him getting pissed off and hurting Danny (hitting him or something like that) in the heat of the moment. Danny would probably just take it because I think if he cheated on Flack it would be out of insecurity or something like that and he'd think he'd deserve whatever Flack deals out.

If Flack cheated, I think Danny would fall apart--it would confirm his worst fears, that he's fundamentally unlovable in some way. I could see Danny hurting himself if that happened, rather than taking it out on Flack. I also think Flack would feel pretty damn guilty.

Maybe because I see a darkness in their relationship, I actually could see them recovering from it. I think Flack is fixated on Danny and that he decided long ago no one else would do. For his part, Danny turns to Flack when he needs someone in a way he doesn't with anyone else. I think Danny needs Flack too much to ever walk away.

So, a little darker spin on things. I don't honestly see Flack ever cheating on Danny. I think Danny is capable of it, but only in a self-debasing/self-hatred kind of way, in a sense reinforcing that he's not worthy of the kind of love Flack obviously has for him.

I love these two together, and ultimately I think they are good for each other, but I do see darkness there. I think Flack's love has the potential to border on obsession, and I think Danny is so needy and insecure that it's hard to imagine him in a functional relationship. So when the discussion turns to stuff like cheating, it makes me think of that side of the pairing. Interesting discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back