Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

1CSIMfan said:
Just a reminder. ^^Make sure to use the spoiler box for anything relating to the finale. Nothing's wrong with the post above...it just reminded me about it. ;)

I know before I mentioned what Flack said in RSRD when he says, "We're not going anywhere" I thought he said "I promise" after that but looking over it again..I think he might be saying "trust me"

That's just as romantic because you know he's saying it to Danny, not Mac. And the look in Danny's eyes says that he actually does trust Flack--which is huge for Danny. He doesn't trust anyone to look out for him, but he has come to trust Flack. I didn't get a chance to rewatch the ep this weekend, but I seem to recall the "trust me" too now that it's been mentioned. So. Damn. Romantic. :D

There's no denying that Flack's in love. He can't hide it. I was watching that video again (the one I had to remove :() and the first scene...I noticed the look Flack has when he's looking at Danny and talking to him. He doesn't give anybody else "that" look. It just screams "Danny, I love you" and then he turns his head and is all business (totally different look). It just makes me melt.

I haven't seen it--what scene/episode was it from? I've noticed that too, though. Flack's whole demeanor changes when he looks at Danny. He's all business or he's funny/snarky guy with everyone else, but he's just different when he addresses Danny. Without sounding too cheesy, there's a tenderness in his expression when he looks at Danny. The man doesn't just want a piece of Danny. He's in love.

I'm pretty sure that Flack would indeed walk on broken glass for Danny, especially if Danny was in danger. I don't think Flack has any limits when Danny is in danger.

I agree. I think Danny in danger is pretty much Flack's worst nightmare. He was so upset in "Trapped" and that was before he even knew Danny was in the killer's hands!

The only reason Flack offered to trade places with Danny and Adam was totally because it was Danny. I'm doubting he would have done it for anybody else. He asks the kidnappers if he can speak to one of the hostages and you know he was dying to hear Danny's voice because Danny calls him earlier that day (they make him) and Flack says that Danny didn't sound good. You know he'd do anything to get in that warehouse with him. Now, my life would be complete if he would be the one to run up to Danny all concerned and scoop him up in his arms and carry him out of there. :p

Yeah, it's about Danny. I have a feeling when we see it on screen, Flack is just going to look devastated. And you know he's going to be worried about Danny being a hothead because, well, Danny is. Danny mouths off when he shouldn't, and Flack knows it. So he's got reason to be doubly worried. No one ever said loving Danny was easy! :lol: I'd love to see Flack pick Danny up and carry him off to safety, too. Now that would be a real romantic end to the season. :D

I haven't seen it--what scene/episode was it from? I've noticed that too, though. Flack's whole demeanor changes when he looks at Danny. He's all business or he's funny/snarky guy with everyone else, but he's just different when he addresses Danny. Without sounding too cheesy, there's a tenderness in his expression when he looks at Danny. The man doesn't just want a piece of Danny. He's in love.
It's a Danny/Flack video on YouTube. It's at the bottom of the page on BC if you haven't seen it. ;)

^I just wanted to know which scene it was referring to. I love the way Flack stares at Danny--I think that's what made me first start shipping them. The way he looks at Danny is just hot. He says so much with his eyes, and well, his eyes say he's in love. And it happens every time they're on screen together! He just looks at Danny differently than he looks at anyone else--really studies him and takes him in. It's damn romantic. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Top!!! :D :D

Forgive me. I've lived in the twilight zone for the past couple days. :eek: It's the first DF scene at the beginning. Danny's bent over a lab table and he's talking to Flack. I agree, his eyes definately say he's in love. He couldn't hide that if he wanted to. I can't see how Danny doesn't know it but then again, Danny likes to be chased by Flack.

I was watching On the Job last night and I didn't remember that Danny calls him Don at one point. I was also wondering why Flack didn't tell him that he had Danny's back when Danny was asking why nobody said it. Was Flack at the point that Danny should know he has his back? I wish he would have listened to Flack when he told him to let Mac handle it. Did anybody notice that when he first waves Flack over when he enters the diner that there is this real quick smile that crosses Danny's face. Flack might be the more obvious of the two but Danny couldn't hide how happy he was to see him.

Is the scene you're talking about the one from Rhonda's avvie? Where Flack comes in to talk to Danny during "Heroes" and steers him back to the case and away from thoughts of Aiden? *wub*

I definitely think that Danny should have known that Don was there for him, and maybe that was part of why Don didn't say anything--he shouldn't have had to tell Danny when he shows him all of the time...

And happy b-day, Toppy one! :D

I noticed about how when or the other entered a crime scene they always have a quick smirk on thier faces to acknowledge each other!
Ooh I love Danny/Flack subtext.
We have Raising Shane on Saturday (finally) and in the scene where Danny answers bak to the captain I love Flack's little stare as Danny walks out. Very nice!

^That stare was so cute. Flack knew he was going to hear about this when he got home tonight--his little Kinkapoodle was going to be all worked up! And worried about Hawkes. I think Danny's sweetness is something Flack really loves about him, and he knew that Danny would take Hawkes being arrested hard.

How do you think Flack reacted when he found out Mac sent Danny in alone to meet Shane Casey. Now, I'm sure Danny wanted to go, but I think if Flack had gotten wind of it beforehand, he would have not been a fan at all of the plan. Danny's a CSI, not a cop, and he was shaking when he went in! It was a scary situation, and not one he has been trained for. I bet Flack was very grateful his baby came out unharmed, though.

1CSIMfan said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Top!!! :D :D

Forgive me. I've lived in the twilight zone for the past couple days. :eek: It's the first DF scene at the beginning. Danny's bent over a lab table and he's talking to Flack. I agree, his eyes definately say he's in love. He couldn't hide that if he wanted to. I can't see how Danny doesn't know it but then again, Danny likes to be chased by Flack.

Awww, that's from "Heroes" I think. Danny loves bending over the lab table when he's talking to Flack--the boy is such a tease. ;) I wonder if Flack has ever taken it as an invitation... ;) :devil: Danny does love to be chased by Flack--it's a cute little game they've got going on. Flack loves to chase, too. :devil: And they both like it when Flack catches Danny. ;) :devil: :devil: :devil:

I was watching On the Job last night and I didn't remember that Danny calls him Don at one point. I was also wondering why Flack didn't tell him that he had Danny's back when Danny was asking why nobody said it. Was Flack at the point that Danny should know he has his back? I wish he would have listened to Flack when he told him to let Mac handle it. Did anybody notice that when he first waves Flack over when he enters the diner that there is this real quick smile that crosses Danny's face. Flack might be the more obvious of the two but Danny couldn't hide how happy he was to see him.

I love how Danny calls him Don in that scene! It was so intimate, and so needy. Most of the time Danny just calls him "Flack," but he was clearly reaching out there. I think Flack was being a little thick in that scene. He's such a guy, and not an emotional basketcase like Danny, so he probably thought showing up was enough to prove that he has Danny's back. And in his mind I'm sure he assumed that he was communicating that to Danny. But Danny's so emotional that he just kind of missed it.

I can't recall the cute little smile, but that is adorable! Just seeing Flack must have made Danny feel better, even if only for a moment. Awwwww. :D

Hiya DFers :D

I thinks its from Heroes too. I remember a scene like that in there. :) I icon'd a few from that.

I agree with you Top. Flack's going to be really worried that Danny will do something. Hopefully Danny will keep his head on his shoulder and shush.

If it's the scene where Danny is leaning at the table and Flack walks in, it's definitely "Heroes." I've used the cap of Flack looking over his shoulder a bazillion times, and Rhonda is thoroughly sick of it by now. :lol:

I loved the way that Danny behaved in that end scene in "Raising Shane." Didn't Flack come in after Danny had cuffed Shane? I need to rewatch that scene and see how he was acting. :devil:

He was really nervous and shaky in that scene, but he seems much more daring in the finale. Were I in the Danny/Adam thread, I might wonder if it has something to do with wanting to keep his man safe, but alas, this is the D/F thread. I'm kidding, I'm kidding, don't pick up the torches and pitchforks! ;) But anyway, it makes you wonder why he'd suddenly be so reckless in the finale when he was so scared before--maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's dealing with some major arse-holes in the finale? :lol:

I have to thank you girls for the great discussion going so far. :D (Oh, and please to be keeping the posts to three lines or more, okay? Thanks. :)) Thanks to all the magnificent points brought up, I managed to finish yet another D/F story, heheheh. (I hope ka990 likes her request filled.)

Now, Flack's staring got me curious about whatever Flack may feel about Danny, but it's Danny's visible relaxing whenever Flack's around that really got me wondering about the two of them. Anybody else notice that? Danny's usually, I dunno how else to put it, fidgety whenever he's around people. But when he's around Flack ... ah, it's like the walls come down, and you can see his expression say, "Flack's here. I'm safe."

Danny calling Flack Don in On the Job was a pivotal moment for me. I think that was the moment that convinced me they have something special going on that you don't see with other characters on the main cast. Of course, other characters have called Flack by his first names in later episodes, like Stella did in All Access and Mac in Charge of this Post (I think, I'm not sure.), but coming from Danny, for whom Flack has so many nicknames ... yep, it's something noteworthy.

EDIT: Oh, that's right. It's noteworthy because Danny was the very first on the show to call Flack by his first name. :D Come to think of it, Danny was the first to touch Flack too ... in that episode Rain in season one!

Of course, other characters have called Flack by his first names in later episodes, like Stella did in All Access and Mac in Charge of this Post (I think, I'm not sure.)
Yes, Mac called him by his first name a few times in COTP. When he first saw him on the ground after the bomb, and then at the end when getting him to squeeze his hand.

I noticed in Raising Shane (sorry to being it back to this episode again) but Flack was behind Mac as Dsnny had cuffed Shane but the very next minute he was right in the room by the door. He probably wasn't over keen on the idea of Danny going in but he knew Danny wanted to prove their friends innocence. Danny looked petrified! Bet Flack was shaking in his boots.
It's vbery swee to hear Danny call Flack, Don. I don't know why it just makes me smile. Like Flack calling Danny, Dan or Danno.

I sort of thought Flack would have been first through the door, but after giving it some thought i guess Mac wanted to keep Flack away from Danny and keep it all professional, Flack was first out the door after Danny though. Probably staring at the behind that is messers! bet that got one hell of a workout that night! :devil: :D

I would like to go back to Sweet Sixteen, and Consequences, i would love to know how Danny has had Flacks back during all the dirty cop stuff. Flack is clearly quite a closed person, he seems sort of shocked to here Mac say "I know cops are saying you should have had Truby's back", and i know what Danny went through was far worse (killing a man/cop) but still it would have been nice to perhaps have seen Flack and Danny have a chat, nothing huge, i don't need to see tears. Part of me felt that Danny siding with Flack against Mac (as much as he could) in sweet sixteen, agreeing that it looked liked Jesse had done it, was his way of having his friends/lovers back.

Yeah, Danny doesn't often call Flack by his first name. He probably screams it so much he tries not to say it at work incase it distracts him ;)

Kimmychu said:
I have to thank you girls for the great discussion going so far. :D (Oh, and please to be keeping the posts to three lines or more, okay? Thanks. :)) Thanks to all the magnificent points brought up, I managed to finish yet another D/F story, heheheh. (I hope ka990 likes her request filled.)

YES!!! :D I have some reading to do tonight. :D

Now, Flack's staring got me curious about whatever Flack may feel about Danny, but it's Danny's visible relaxing whenever Flack's around that really got me wondering about the two of them. Anybody else notice that? Danny's usually, I dunno how else to put it, fidgety whenever he's around people. But when he's around Flack ... ah, it's like the walls come down, and you can see his expression say, "Flack's here. I'm safe."

It took me a while to catch on to that, but yeah, now I think it's very evident. I love how he relaxes around Flack, and yes, he definitely feels safe around him. I think it goes to show that Danny does know that Flack has deep feelings for him, and that he can trust Flack. And I think Danny likes that, being able to trust someone.

Danny calling Flack Don in On the Job was a pivotal moment for me. I think that was the moment that convinced me they have something special going on that you don't see with other characters on the main cast. Of course, other characters have called Flack by his first names in later episodes, like Stella did in All Access and Mac in Charge of this Post (I think, I'm not sure.), but coming from Danny, for whom Flack has so many nicknames ... yep, it's something noteworthy.

That scene in "On the Job" did it for me, too. I was like, wow, Danny's at the end of his rope, and who does he call? And what's more, Flack came running. He took time off from the job or personal time to come console Danny. And then when Danny stormed out of the diner like the bratty little drama queen he is, and Flack just kind of sighed and went right back to work, that was when I knew Flack was in love.

As for the names, I think it's cute how Flack has so many nicknames for Danny. Dan was adorable, but understandable--he shortens Stella's name to "Stell" and I think he even shortened Lindsay's name to "Linds" in "Daze" (when he called Danny "Mess"). But Danno? How freakin' cute was Danno? Dan, Danno, Mess...Flack loves playing with his baby's name.

EDIT: Oh, that's right. It's noteworthy because Danny was the very first on the show to call Flack by his first name. :D Come to think of it, Danny was the first to touch Flack too ... in that episode Rain in season one!

He did! :D It's cute, he reached out to Flack--adorable. :D I love how they were established in "Blink" as good friends with Danny's line about basketball.

I like Sammy's theory on why Danny doesn't call him Don too often at work. No doubt he doesn't want to say it in that voice, the one he uses when Flack is ravishing him. :devil: Doesn't want to give away their little secret. ;) But I love how earnest and needy he was when he called Flack "Don" in "On the Job." It was adorable, and sad at the same time.

As for Danny being brave when he was so visibly scared with Shane, I think there are a number of reasons. One, he's not alone, like he was with Shane (even if his man was right outside waiting to storm in). Two, someone's got to step up, and it isn't going to be the guys in handcuffs or Adam (well, Adam does when Danny takes the lead). And three, I think the fact that he knows the guys need him as a hostage makes a difference. He was pretty ballsy with Jerry in "Trapped" too. With Shane it was different because he knew what he had to tell Shane (that his brother was guilty) meant Shane had nothing to lose. I also think that in "Trapped" and the finale, the situations are thrust upon Danny, whereas he walked into that bar willingly in "Raising Shane" as a potential sacrifical lamb. So I think there are a number of reasons.

I think the whole thing with Danny is that he tries to be so many different people. He doesn't really know who he can be around poeple. He knows he gets judged for his past, he Minhas shooting and the Messer surname. He has to work 50 times harder than everyone else to make up for that and still he can't please Mac.
Flack is the only person that Danny can be who he wants to be. He can let his guard down and be Danny Messer and know that he is never going to get judged.
The Danny and Flack relationship is such a complex one. I love how Danny visibly relxes in episodes of high drama. Trapped and Heroes spring to mind. Danny is stressed and upset but just a single line from Flack gets him back to himself. Trapped, Flack's pizza line eases Danny completely and in Hereos it's Flack who goes to see how Danny is and let him reminisce about Aiden. Thats more than friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back