Danny and lindsay-you on the ride

Chapter 8 The Trial Early Tuesday morning

Dannys' head popped up as he heard running footsteps, he knew who it was as Stella rushed up to him, as he stood she grabbed him into a tight embrace, tears where gathering in her eyes. When she let go of Danny she rushed over to the door, and tried to peek in between the curtians. When she couldnt see anything she turned back to Dannys' tear stained face.

"How long have they been working on her?" Stella asked through her broken tone.

" I dont know how long, what time is it?" Danny asked rubbing the back of his neck.

Mac looked at his watch and replied. "Its 2:35 in the morning Danny."

Danny relieased his neck from his grasp and took a deep breath, he didnt want to cry agian, he didn't want Mac to see him fragile agian. But as he looked at Mac then at Stella calculating the time in his head he said.

"Well, i dropped Lindsay off at one or so, and I think I called 911 around one thirty.... maybe..I really wasnt paying attention...I was focused on Lindsay."

Stella tilted her head. "Wait...you dropped Lindsay off?"

Danny nodded.

For the first time that night Danny saw a smile. It wasn't on his face, nor Stellas but it was on Mac's. This suprised Danny, so much that he turned to Stella.

"Why is there..?" He asked

"Danny..that means you went out with Lindsay, on a date." Mac said. In a very casual voice with a smile. This caused Stella's face to overflow with happieness. But then her smile faded as the door to Lindsay's room opened and several nurses with blood covered scrubs to exit. Danny could feel tears in his eyes agian. Then a tall doctor stepped out of the room. He had his head down, along with the nurses who exited. The doctor stood in front of Danny, Mac, and Stella.

"Are you....the man who called 911?" The doctor asked Danny.

All Danny could do was nod, a few tears escaped his eyes and he sniffed.

Mac stepped up to the plate and held out his hand.

"Mac Taylor, this is Stella Bonasara." He pointed toward Stella. "And this is Danny Messer. We are from the Crime Lab. "

The doctor took Macs hand.

"Hello Mr. Taylor, Im Dr. Lance Bourchers. Um who is this women? We didnt find any ID on her?"

Mac turned to Stella, and almost as if he was the father of Danny told Stella.

"Take Danny to get some coffee."

Stella put on her best strong face and took Danny by the arm to the elevator. When Mac knew they were out of hearing distance he said.

" Shes Lindsay Monroe, Shes also from the Crime Lab. Doctor how is she?"

The doctor put his head down. "Well Mr. Taylor, shes going to live, lost alotta blood, but we did the best we can and we can only hope that she makes it through tonight..if she makes it through the day today. Then it will be a good thing."

Mac sighed. "Thank you doctor."

The doctor nodded. Then he leaned in close to Mac. "Was that man, Mr. Messer, is he her boyfriend or husband or something, he has been crying since they brought her in."

Mac smiled at the man. "Well they have something going on, they are just to stubborn to admit that they really do have feelings for each other."

The doctor shook his head. "Ahhh I've been through that, tough i know it is. But i married her now, so I only hope the best for them both, but lets get through this night first." The doctor smiled and walked away just as Stella and Danny walked up to Mac. It seemed Danny had calmed down and Stella handed Mac a cup of coffee and asked. "How is she?"

Mac looked at Danny whos face was numb with sadness. "Well, shes very badly injured, and they didnt know if she was gonna make it, the doctor says it all depends on how she does over the next day."

This caused Stella too put her head down and it caused Danny to put his coffee on the bench and walk away. He was so angry. He walked up to the wall. Looked at it, then punched it. Putting a gapping hole in the wall.

"How could I let this happen?" He asked himself.

TELL ME WHATCHA THINK

Heck yes! I am the first to comment this chappie. Really good. Do you have a fanfiction.net account? If so, mine is Dantanashipper. PM your penname to me if you want and I shall check out your other stories

Wow! awesome! i love it soooo much. This guy is dead when Danny finds him ohhh yehh! dead man ...........cant wait for more!!! well done

Oh wow! I hope Lindsay is ok! I love angry/protective Danny! I am loving this story- it is so intense! Great job!

OK EVERYONE..JUST TRUST ME IN THIS CHAPTER, I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT..WHEN IT COMES TO CERTAIN THINGS..ENJOY

Chapter 9
The Chance

Stella walked over to Danny and rested a hand on his shoulder. "Danny she'll be ok...ok?"

Danny eyes began watering agian, and he sat down on the bench out side of Lindsay's room, where he rested his head in his hands.

"Stella..I..dont know what I would do if she doesnt make it."

Stella followed Dannys action.

"Dont say things like that Danny, dont...shes gonna make it." Stella said through watery eyes.

Mac sighed. "Danny the doctor said she has a good chance of making."

Mac turned his head slowly so that he could see Lindsay, he felt bad saying that comment to Danny, not knowing what the outcome of it would be. The doctor had simply said 'lets get through this night first', not 'oh she will be fine, take her home'. And it worried Mac that anything could happen. At that moment the steady heart moniters, and machines hooked up to Lindsay suddenly started to go faster.

The beeping sound rose, in the room, this cause Stella and Danny to stand up. Danny heard running footsteps and saw 3 nurses rush into Lindsays room, just as she flatlined.

"Oh my god....." Stella was crying histericlly. Mac looked over at Danny who was staring white faced at the window. Seeing the nurses bring the woman he loved back to life. The doctor rushed in and out of the room, gathering nurses, as one blonde haired nurse went to shut the curtians. Danny screamed at her through the window.

"NO..dont shut it." But it was too late, now he and the rest couldnt see Lindsay, and this worried Danny. He began to panic, he walked up and down the hallway, did it for several minutes until the nurses and doctor walked out of the room, in a single file line. Danny stopped and walked over to where Mac and Stella had been standing. Mac let go of Stella.

"Doc..what happened in there?" Danny asked.

"Well..Ms. Monroe had a slight heart attack, probably from all the pressure she is under, and her brain probably keeps replaying the night, so thats all she sees." Dr. Bourchers said.

Danny sighed. "Thanks Doc." As the doctor walked away. Danny suddenly had a thought, it shocked him as it was the first one, he felt that he had had in a long time. He turned to Mac.

"Mac Im gonna go home for a while...i need to." Danny was calmer now, which made Mac suspicous.

As Danny turned and walked away. Mac said. "Danny, i dont want you near Lindsays..Hawkes and the others will cover it."

Danny nodded.

As Danny drove to Lindsay's house, he looked at the clock, it was near eleven in the morning, he hadnt slept in over 24 hours, and could feel the effects of the night weighing on him, like a pile of bricks that wernet on even ground and were ready to fall. As he stepped out of the car. A cop was standing next to the door, Danny flashed his badge and the cop let him through. Danny walked through the lobby of the apartment building. Thinking to himself.

'I should have just taken her back to my apartment, we never should of come back here, why did she have to be so worried about inter-office relationships. He looked at the location they stood at when Ryan called, and it made Danny incredible angry, he knew that Ryan did this too her.

Every thing was a blur after that. Until he made it to Lindsay's apartment. Flack was standing talking to the next door neighbor that accused Danny hurting Lindsay.

The woman stopped. and turned to Danny

"Im so sorry i didnt call you... i meant to.. i was ...i was just....in shock...you..you understand...please..right?" She said through sobs.

Flack thanked the woman and turned her away.

"Messer, what you doin here, Mac said to keep you away, and thats what im gonna do."

"Flack..I dont need a co-worker, i need a friend, Lindsays hurt, in the hospital......and there was nothing i could do...i had no idea what was going on up here, i was to busy ready to go celebrate because of the night i had with her, i wasnt prepared to come in here and see her.......Flack, she was messed up pretty bad." Danny said looking in the apartment. Flack snapped back his attention.

" I know Danny, how is she doin?" Flack asked in a grim voice.

Danny shook his head, it was like the Louie and Aiden thing all over agian.

"Not good.....I need to process..."

Flack held out an arm to stop Danny from entering. "Hawkes is taking care of it, Mac just called and hes coming down here later."

Danny nodded feeling better that Mac would be partaking in the case. As Hawkes stepped out.

"Hey Danny...Flack..im going back to the lab now to process this, i found some really good fingerprints, and some good DNA, who should i call?"

"Call Mac, not Danny." Flack said. Hawkes nodded and exited the floor.

Flack looked at Danny. "Go home, sleep, im sure you havent done that in a while. The apartment will still be here when you get back..ok."

Danny just stood there, as Flack walked away. But Danny knew one thing. The manhunt had begun.

Ok TELL ME WHAT CHA THINK

Aww very good at keeping Danny in character. I love his reaction.

Back