CSIs or the Actors Who Play Them?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Laetri, Mar 30, 2006.

1. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

That's a tough one.

I'd like to meet both. The CSI's, to talk about forensics, and the actors, to talk about movies, their careers, the show, their characters...

I'd love to meet Grissom though ;)

*thinking* ............... OK. Actually I think I'll vote for the CSI's. Just because it would be so AWESOME if I could meet Grissom :D

2. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

CSIS!!! But then I'd proberly go mute or faint or something if I saw George Eads!!!

3. KimAZ

KimAZ Prime Suspect

I would want to meet the actors, actually mostly Gary Sinise cuz I think it would be fun to talk about his USO trips AND of course shredding on bass guitar. :cool:

4. Asimplekndofgirl

Asimplekndofgirl Rookie

I would want to meet the actors, specifically Jorja. Why? Because she's Jorja, baby!

5. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Ooh, both...but especially the actors...especially if they're all as nice as Archie Kao. He's a great example, re: what some people are saying about the actor and the character being very different. Archie Kao is not a techno/computer wiz, and he's a lot more upbeat and energetic whereas Archie Johnson, uber-tech :D, is a lot more laid-back and quiet. I adore 'em both. :cool: There might be (probably are) even greater differences between some actor/character dynamics, or in some cases the actor and character might be a lot more similar.

But I love actors, my maternal grandfather and my father were actors, my son is an actor. And I'd love to meet anyone/everyone on the CSI cast. (My husband would luuuurrrrve to meet WP, he's a complete blithering fanboy... :D ) I'd especially love to meet Eric and get into a convo about music...we "creative multitaskers", you know... :lol: Ditto Gary Dourdan, Jorja Fox and Robert David Hall, actor/musicians all...

6. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

It's tough, but I voted for the CSIs. We know more about them after seeing them all the time. But if I got a change to meet the actors I definitely wouldn't turn it down.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*bump*

This is a question that intrigues me, I'll admit (and I'm in a post-bumping mood tonight :lol:).

Would you rather meet the CSIs (assuming that the world within the show is the 'real' world and you would go into that world), or the actors who play the CSIs?

I know the characters are fake, but part of the appeal of the show is making fictional characters seem real. I write fanfiction, so I like the idea of meeting these characters and seeing their world and who they are, etc.

I'd also like to meet the actors, of course. :D But I'd be horribly fangirly and come across like an idiot. :lol:

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Probably both.. but if push comes to shove,, the actors.. that would be amazing. to see how different they are. like William Petersen. he's so versatile, such a fantastic actor .. like to meet the real man :p

[​IMG]

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I don't know if I should post this in here, but I'd have to say actors (which I've already met)! I met the entire Vegas Cast last year when they were doing a promotinal tour in The CBS Cafe, which is in Carowinds. They are all really nice in person, unlike other celebrities I have met in the past. And I got to get a hug from Eric Szmanda and George Eads! :D

10. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Wow, that's a little dificult question to answer.But i will say the actors, because...er...i think because they're real. the only way to meet the CSIs would be being a character and not a person, so I can't imagine myself talking with fiction people, especialy Grissom...it's so strange :eek:...yeah, the actors [i am trying to convince myself that CSIs are not real, then I can't meet them, then I have to say actors;it's not easy, though, since I would love to meet all of the CSIs, i mean, for me, the CSIs are almost more real than a lot of people in this world, because it seems that I know them so well :p]

11. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Well, for Marg/Catherine, it's equal to me... I love Catherine's character, and OMG I a-d-o-r-e Marg!

BUT... Jorja/Sara is.... I don't like Sara's character at all on the show. But I like Jorja... she's weird and loves animals which is really nice :)

12. Guest

Guest Guest

i would love to meet Greg Sanders cuz he is so funny and weird and that is why i luv him. i know plenty of peoplez that could side with me!

13. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

That's tough. Cause I would really like to meet both of them. I'll just talk about my favourite characters.

For Greg, I would rather hang out with the character, I guess. Cause he is soo funny and would be fun to hang out with. :)

But then for Ryan Wolfe (Jonathan Togo), I would rather hang out with Jon cause he is so hilarious. :D

14. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

I had to think awhile on this, but I decided to go with characters. Yes, the actors are terrific at playing them, but when it comes down to it, its the characters that fascinate me. It's the characters that we've come to know, not the actors, because it's their job to portray these characters. Although they may bring some of themselves to the role, it's still the characters I would like to meet.

15. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Oy! :eek:

I made the draw. :lol:

I think I'd rather meet the CSI characters than the actors, though I didn't mind meeting the actors. The characters are so interesting, we know much about them than about the actors. It's more personal... weird! Oo