CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Leave me alone!"--what kind of person says that to her boss??

I feel that this scene was a little too similiar to something that happened between Cath and Sara in CSI's "Nesting Dolls" episode. A case (which Sara was only helping on being as to how at the time Cath was swing shift supervisor I believe) hit too close to home for Sara and she completely took it out on Cath. She told Cath, "you're letting your sexuality cloud your judgement and I'm gonna go over your head". It seems all three of these shows sort of copy off each other at one time or another. :lol: That kind of irks me a little bit. :lol: Personally, while I liked Sara for the most part, what she said to Cath was in my honest opinion far worse than Lindsay's "leave me alone" to Stella. It is extremely inappropriate to speak about your superior's "sexuality" in that manner. :lol: I always felt the writers did the Sara character a disservice by not allowing her to apologize to Cath because Cath did not deserve that comment.

Are there any close female relationships in any of the CSI shows? Like "my best girlfriend is also my coworker" relationships?

Alexx and Calleigh on Miami is the only one I can think of. Calleigh and Alexx was the female equivalent of Warrick and Nick in terms of friendship.

Lindsay could decide after the shoot out, that having two people from a family in a risky job is a bad idea. Or she could be injured and unable to work. Doing it either way, rather than going down the emotionaly cliched route of killing her off, would leave the door open for guest shots.

I totally agree with this. I'd much rather that happen than a death.

I also want to say that I'm not sure that Lindsay is a Mary-Sue character because Mary Sue's are usually perfect and good at everything (ala Alex Monroe on The Invisible Man) and Lindsay is far from perfect (not dissing the character cause I like her somewhat, just saying) and by her own admission there are things she isn't good at. :lol:

I was a fan of the original CSI for a while before I liked CSINY, so I tend to link Lindsay to Sara Sidle (who likewise had no emotional ties to anyone other than Grissom on the team -- and at least D/L seems healthier than that connection).

Kind of have to disagree here. Maybe it was that way in the beginning for Sara, but eventually they seemed to make a little bit of a deal of her and Greg's friendship. They didn't showcase the friendship as much as they did Warrick and Nick's friendship, but it was still there. Warrick/Nick were best friends and I believe wholeheartedly that the same is true for Greg/Sara. But, we just don't see that with Lindsay at all. She is only close to Danny.

Except leaving Lindsay as a stay-at-home mom doesn't explain the shooting,

Sure, it can be tied into it. The shooting shakes everyone up, but most of all Lindsay. Remember how she freaked out in the hospital talking about what all could go wrong with her being a mom? Well, this could be another example of that. She freaks because of the close call and decides to stay at home with her baby so that there is never a chance like that again that Lucy could lose both parents in one incident. Thus, the shooting would be the catalyst that leads to Lindsay quitting her CSI job.

I think the most likely scenario is that Danny will be injured, which forces the two of them to consider the consequences of both of them working in a dangerous field.

That's a good possibility too. I could definitely see that scenario happening. I'm a little worried though that if Danny is the one injured that the writers will go the Martin/Without A Trace route with him and have him become addicted to his pain meds. It would be a terribly cliched storyline if they did that.

As for the splitting of the team into two separate teams and promoting someone to CSI 2 the thought had occurred to me but I really didn't give it much thought because I have been under the impression that one of the CSI's would die in the beginning of S6. If they promoted Danny, as the one that has been there the longest that would be great. Finally, they could show growth in one of their characters and since Danny has settled down some it would be believable. Or it could be Hawkes which would give him a great opportunity to have a story line of his own. The team has basically been in the same positions for, what, 4 years now with no promotions or anything. Maybe it's time.
That sounds interesting, but wasn't Danny off the promotion grid because of what happened during 1x21 "On the Job"? Anyway, he now comes from a "family of cops" and Stella is suddenly 34, so I reckon anything goes *shrugs*

This season's season finale leaves one of the team dead. We don't find out who it is until next Fall.
And here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThVrE...e=channel_page
Argh! :brickwall: The video`s not available in Canada, apparently, so I`m gonna go on what you guys have said. I don`t know if ``you`ll have to wait till fall to find out who lives and dies`` necessarily means that they were speaking only about the cliffhanger at that point - they could`ve been speaking of Pay Up being a two-part episode that only finishes in the fall premiere. If everyone else is alive by the end of the fall premiere, their hint still stands, because we`ll know it was..everyone else who lived, and Angell who died.

...They`re good. They`re really good.

Quote:
...Finally, they could show growth in one of their characters and since Danny has settled down some it would be believable. Or it could be Hawkes which would give him a great opportunity to have a story line of his own. The team has basically been in the same positions for, what, 4 years now with no promotions or anything. Maybe it's time.
The show is indeed in great desperation for a progress/evolution/freshness within their characters, either in general or specifically to one. Do they think they can achieve that by bringing a new investigator?! But I have noticed that things have stalled too, yeah. Maybe that could explain why Carmine seems blasé and felt the need to take off his glasses to make his character feel fresh for him? In the first seasons, I had the impression the writers were trying to give every one a story line on a sort of rotation basis? Now it seems that's pretty much gone!!! I was dying to get Hawkes/Adam/Sid development for S5 but they left me on my appetite... I thought we were getting there with Hawkes in Yarhzeit, correct me if I'm wrong, when he talked about his uncle. There was also this story about his girlfriend being rape in one episode... can't remember what's the title...
See, CSINY surprises me a lot of times when I compare it to the other shows in the franchise. It`s cool to see the emphasis on family in the team (I definitely don`t think any of the other teams are as close), but at the same time it`s frustrating to see the other CSI shows deal with things like promotions, and training evaluations, and so on...whereas after S1, the same thing was never touched on again in NY. I for one would quickly get irritated with a job where there seems to be no opportunity for advancement or change, no matter how close I was with my coworkers. Those things are just part of job life. If the writers have finally decided to catch up on this, I could see it as being life-changing.

The thing about Adam/Sid/Hawkes/Flack/Lindsay is that, as tangible as their characters are onscreen, they don`t actually get a lot of screentime or storylines to themselves, and so come out looking like background characters. Which is also frustrating. Maybe not Flack so much because he`s always with one or the other main character on the show, but as far as storylines go, they always seem to revolve around Stella, Mac, or Danny. At least Hawkes got some time to himself with the girlfriend story, which I thought was more than episodic, since it also played into his sympathy for Odessa what`s her name in Prey. I also enjoyed seeing a little bit of a Sid storyline with Marty Pino in 5.18 (total braincramp - does anyone remember what this episode was called?)

I don't think Danny was in love at that point either, but Danny is a very reactive character. He's easily hurt and cares very much about what people think about him--remember how upset he got in "On the Job" when Mac told him people had told him not to hire Danny?
:guffaw:I can definitely agree on Danny`s uber-sensitivity. But then, telling Mac not to hire Danny definitely implies criticism, as Danny rightly identified by asking who`d been ``badmouthing`` him. Lindsay basically said `I love you, I`ll get over it`, she completely made it sound like the problem was one with herself, not one with him. Yeah she was mad at him, so he could`ve taken it as another potshot in their fight, but he was already fine with her being mad at him. The only way this particular potshot could`ve hurt him was if he wanted Lindsay in love with him - I still don`t think he did, but you brought up something interesting...

I think Danny's whole relationship with Lindsay has been largely reactive--her interest in him sparked his interest in her, and then her telling him she loved him similarly caused a reaction in him. Danny reacts to people desiring him--it's what he did with Rikki, and I think the same is true of Lindsay. So I do think it was intended to hurt him because let's face it, everyone knows Danny is sensitive (understatement of the year, lol).
GAH! I totally agree, but this was the essence of what irritated me about the last part of S4. Whether or not they were dating at the beginning of S4, they clearly weren`t by Right Next Door. I thought it was Danny who initiated the thing with Rikki (wasn`t she the one in a hurry to leave the next morning?), but either way it was on with them right then. Lindsay lets her bomb drop and suddenly it`s all about her again? Everyone does know how sensitive Danny is, but I thought that was why Lindsay phrased her whole love slip the way she did: as a problem with herself, not with him. Let`s face it, if she intended it as a direct hit, there were more direct, meaner ways she could`ve said it without, you know, leaving herself open to humiliation like that. It was frustrating, to say the least, and I wish he had decided to keep reacting to Rikki.

I've only seen the episode once, but didn't she say "jealous, clingy girlfriend" or something to that effect? I always thought she was telling him not to stereotype or dismiss her rather than that she knew he was sleeping with someone else. If she knew or even suspected about Rikki, why wouldn't she say that directly? She accused him of shutting her out, which is different than hooking up with someone else.
No, she said ``shallow, clingy girlfriend`` when she was telling him not to stereotype her. She said ``Don`t mistake this for jealousy, I what it`s like to grieve`` when she was trying to make him talk to her right before she left. You and CSI_Cupcake have already mentioned how grief probably motivated the Rikki/Danny relationship, and I just don`t see who else Lindsay could`ve been referring to. Who else would she have a reason to be jealous of? Danny wasn`t talking to anyone other than Rikki and (possibly) Flack at that point, and she`s the one who sent Flack after him.

Edit: Sorry, I only just saw the last part of your quote. I guess it depends on whether or not you assume they were dating by RND. I always figure that they were ``off again`` by this time, and that`s why Lindsay didn`t say anything outright about Rikki.

I think at that point, it was a cruel thing to say. I don't think she knew about Rikki, so why not say to him, "I feel like I've done everything I can to reach out to you and you're shutting me out. And I can't try anymore." That would have been much kinder and more reasonable...except the problem is that we never really saw her reaching out to him in the first place.
In which case it not only would`ve sent the message that Danny wasn`t worth trying to reach anymore, it also would`ve been dishonest. I don`t think Lindsay did everything she could to reach out to him, and moreover I think she was perfectly aware of this. Not just by telling Mac that ``she wasn`t good at this sort of thing``, but not once in her little blowup at Danny did she mention how often she`d tried to reach out to him. She just kept saying `I know what it`s like to lose a friend`, it was more like she basically sitting there, waiting for him to open up to her right there in the office. She kept waiting for him to talk to her, and I think that`s the major problem.

Kind of have to disagree here. Maybe it was that way in the beginning for Sara, but eventually they seemed to make a little bit of a deal of her and Greg's friendship. They didn't showcase the friendship as much as they did Warrick and Nick's friendship, but it was still there. Warrick/Nick were best friends and I believe wholeheartedly that the same is true for Greg/Sara. But, we just don't see that with Lindsay at all. She is only close to Danny.
Well, I think it`s a little unfair to compare Greg/Sara because Greg had a crush on her, and therefore an added reason to want to break down her walls (a reason besides mere friendship). And let`s face it, Greg tried for a long while before she started letting him in as an actual friend - I`d imagine it`s easier to respond to someone who`s that openly eager to get to know you. It`s the same reason I think Lindsay became so close to Danny in the first place. She may have had a crush on him in S2, but for the most part she held him at just as much distance from her as she`s held all the other characters, until Danny pushed his way through.

Last edited:
Just came in here to let say that I emailed Matt Mitovich the senior editor at TVGuide.com about this whole letting Emmanulle go because of money but then hiring a regular. And he emailed me back and did not know what I was talking about, his exact words:

What did I miss? Who did they supposedly "hire"?

The casting call from spoilertv seems like the real deal, but are we sure? Hopefully he will email me back again.......

It's quite funny that we would find out before them.

Just thought I'd share.

I feel that this scene was a little too similiar to something that happened between Cath and Sara in CSI's "Nesting Dolls" episode. A case (which Sara was only helping on being as to how at the time Cath was swing shift supervisor I believe) hit too close to home for Sara and she completely took it out on Cath. She told Cath, "you're letting your sexuality cloud your judgement and I'm gonna go over your head". It seems all three of these shows sort of copy off each other at one time or another. :lol: That kind of irks me a little bit. :lol: Personally, while I liked Sara for the most part, what she said to Cath was in my honest opinion far worse than Lindsay's "leave me alone" to Stella. It is extremely inappropriate to speak about your superior's "sexuality" in that manner. :lol: I always felt the writers did the Sara character a disservice by not allowing her to apologize to Cath because Cath did not deserve that comment.

Yeah, but the key difference between Sara and Lindsay was that Sara was held accountable for her actions. Sara got written up and suspended for her little outburst; Lindsay didn't. And Lindsay's action was arguably worse, because in addition to being insubordinate, she also left a crime scene. Lindsay should have been suspended or at least written up for her actions, but she wasn't.

Agreed--I felt like Sara had ties with other people on the team. She had a friendship with Nick as well.

Sure, it can be tied into it. The shooting shakes everyone up, but most of all Lindsay. Remember how she freaked out in the hospital talking about what all could go wrong with her being a mom? Well, this could be another example of that. She freaks because of the close call and decides to stay at home with her baby so that there is never a chance like that again that Lucy could lose both parents in one incident. Thus, the shooting would be the catalyst that leads to Lindsay quitting her CSI job.

Agreed--if they don't want to kill Lindsay off but do want to write her out, this would be the way to go.

That's a good possibility too. I could definitely see that scenario happening. I'm a little worried though that if Danny is the one injured that the writers will go the Martin/Without A Trace route with him and have him become addicted to his pain meds. It would be a terribly cliched storyline if they did that.

Ugh, please no! The addicted to pain meds storyline is so cliched at this point. I think they could do something more interesting with Danny than that, like have him get instinctively gun shy or something like that.

:guffaw:I can definitely agree on Danny`s uber-sensitivity. But then, telling Mac not to hire Danny definitely implies criticism, as Danny rightly identified by asking who`d been ``badmouthing`` him. Lindsay basically said `I love you, I`ll get over it`, she completely made it sound like the problem was one with herself, not one with him. Yeah she was mad at him, so he could`ve taken it as another potshot in their fight, but he was already fine with her being mad at him. The only way this particular potshot could`ve hurt him was if he wanted Lindsay in love with him - I still don`t think he did, but you brought up something interesting...

I don't really think he was fine with her being mad at him, though. He was okay avoiding her, but the instant she got really mad at him, he got upset. Because Danny doesn't like it when people are mad at him, or think badly of him.

GAH! I totally agree, but this was the essence of what irritated me about the last part of S4. Whether or not they were dating at the beginning of S4, they clearly weren`t by Right Next Door. I thought it was Danny who initiated the thing with Rikki (wasn`t she the one in a hurry to leave the next morning?), but either way it was on with them right then. Lindsay lets her bomb drop and suddenly it`s all about her again? Everyone does know how sensitive Danny is, but I thought that was why Lindsay phrased her whole love slip the way she did: as a problem with herself, not with him. Let`s face it, if she intended it as a direct hit, there were more direct, meaner ways she could`ve said it without, you know, leaving herself open to humiliation like that. It was frustrating, to say the least, and I wish he had decided to keep reacting to Rikki.

I always kind of thought Rikki came on to Danny, or that he responded to signals from her. Danny didn't know how to make the situation better, but the instant he thought sex would, he offered it up. Danny would have done anything to ease Rikki's pain, because he felt responsible for it.

As for Lindsay, that's an interesting interpretation, and I admit I hadn't thought of it that way. I can't see it as entirely selfish since I think she did want to hurt him a little, or at least wake him up, but I do see where you're coming from about her saying it was her problem.

As for them being together or not being together...I assumed they were because of her being upset over him forgetting her birthday and because she was trying to get him to have lunch with her (and offered to buy). That seemed coupley to me, at least on her part.

No, she said ``shallow, clingy girlfriend`` when she was telling him not to stereotype her. She said ``Don`t mistake this for jealousy, I what it`s like to grieve`` when she was trying to make him talk to her right before she left. You and CSI_Cupcake have already mentioned how grief probably motivated the Rikki/Danny relationship, and I just don`t see who else Lindsay could`ve been referring to. Who else would she have a reason to be jealous of? Danny wasn`t talking to anyone other than Rikki and (possibly) Flack at that point, and she`s the one who sent Flack after him.

Hmmm, good point. I think at the time I took that as jealousy that he was turning to people other than her--maybe she didn't know exactly who, other than Flack, but she knew he wasn't turning to her and that was making her jealous. It's hard to imagine that she knew about Rikki if she and Danny weren't communicating at all. I wish that had been less ambiguous though.

In which case it not only would`ve sent the message that Danny wasn`t worth trying to reach anymore, it also would`ve been dishonest. I don`t think Lindsay did everything she could to reach out to him, and moreover I think she was perfectly aware of this. Not just by telling Mac that ``she wasn`t good at this sort of thing``, but not once in her little blowup at Danny did she mention how often she`d tried to reach out to him. She just kept saying `I know what it`s like to lose a friend`, it was more like she basically sitting there, waiting for him to open up to her right there in the office. She kept waiting for him to talk to her, and I think that`s the major problem.

Agreed, and that's definitely one of the problems between them. They don't communicate well. Her waiting for him to come to her and then chewing him out for not coming to her was the wrong way to handle the situation. And of course, Danny, like anyone who is used to unhealthy relationships and being treated badly, came crawling back to her and begged her forgiveness for the next few episodes.

Well, I think it`s a little unfair to compare Greg/Sara because Greg had a crush on her, and therefore an added reason to want to break down her walls (a reason besides mere friendship). And let`s face it, Greg tried for a long while before she started letting him in as an actual friend - I`d imagine it`s easier to respond to someone who`s that openly eager to get to know you. It`s the same reason I think Lindsay became so close to Danny in the first place. She may have had a crush on him in S2, but for the most part she held him at just as much distance from her as she`s held all the other characters, until Danny pushed his way through.

I didn't see her pushing him away until after she'd reeled him in. Lindsay went out of her way to get Danny to notice her and be around her--going to great lengths to prove him wrong about knowing Mac best and then inviting him out (and buying him drinks) to show him, and then having him help her with the experiment in "Cool Hunter" (which involved carrying her :rolleyes: ) and promised him drinks in return. She ate bugs with the guy! She was pretty obvious about her attraction, but when he responded in kind, she pushed him away.

Just came in here to let say that I emailed Matt Mitovich the senior editor at TVGuide.com about this whole letting Emmanulle go because of money but then hiring a regular. And he emailed me back and did not know what I was talking about, his exact words:

What did I miss? Who did they supposedly "hire"?

The casting call from spoilertv seems like the real deal, but are we sure? Hopefully he will email me back again.......

It's quite funny that we would find out before them.

Just thought I'd share.

Cool that he wrote back--you should send him the casting call info!

Good points about Anna and the pregnancies. She mentioned in an interview I read how hard it was to act perky and not pregnant while in real life she was pregnant. I think it really affected how she played the character.
I guess I can understand the comment if she meant that physically she didn’t always feel well and sometimes that made work difficult. On the other hand, if she’s saying the pregnancy affected her mindset and ability to get into character as Lindsay, that doesn’t really reflect favorably because as an experienced actress, one would expect her to be able to make those types of mental adjustments, especially since that is the job they are paying her to do.

Scenes like the one in the hospital and the phone-call to Montana make it look like the CSINY writers purposely Lindsay and Stella to be friends beyond work, and this is something consistent through the show.
I think they want us to see some level of care and affection between Stella and Lindsay that goes beyond that of mere work colleagues, but I still don’t necessarily see them as close friends outside of work. If they were that close, I’d expect Lindsay to have been more open with Stella during the chemicals discussion instead of making up some flimsy story about a friend. And I’d think Stella might have responded differently too since she seemed to guess Lindsay was the “friend” in question.

Also, I think the fact that (apparently) Stella was not named as godmother to Lucy says something about the degree of closeness and how that relationship is viewed as opposed to one with Mac. Frankly, I’m still scratching my head about why Mac was selected as godfather because I don’t see his relationship with Danny and Lindsay as having that type of depth and history either. (And that’s not even getting into some of the issues around Mac’s personality and lifestyle.)

Up to this season, I would’ve said the ones who seem close outside of work are Mac and Stella; Danny and Flack; and, of course, Danny and Lindsay. (And Sid did ask Mac to Thanksgiving dinner, which suggests that perhaps they have socialized outside of work in the past.) This season it does seem they have been trying to put more emphasis on the sense of family – seeing the guys gathering in Sid’s hospital room to watch a game, Mac going to the bar with Flack, everyone gathering for the birth of baby Lucy, etc. But at this point, I still see the group as more of a extended or blended family – they all get along, care for each other, and share a common bond (their work), but stil, some are closer and share stronger bonds than others.

:alienblush: Well, my point was more along the lines that many people who responded well to S2 Lindsay because they saw her as "spunky" and "attractive" are still the same people who are her fans today - and others, like yourself, put up with her because at least she was interesting when she was just spunky.
Sorry if I missed your main point – guess I went on a bit of a tangent there:)….I do agree that some of the people who liked Lindsay at the beginning still seem to like her now and see some of the positive traits that were there at the start.

Didn't mean to come across as a rabid fan myself, I was more trying to make a point about the new character. Like you said earlier, people either like or put up with spunky characteres, and therefore forgive the other characters for responding to them with special treatment. When they stop becoming so endearing (usually around the same time they're given a storyline that requires them to act less than perky 24/7), the onscreen response to them stops making as much sense, and just gets annoying.
Yes. If the characters are going to be realistic, they won’t be perfect and will sometimes behave badly and do the wrong things. By the same token, we expect the characters around them to respond realistically as well – calling them out when necessary, getting annoyed, withdrawing, etc. And when they don’t (or when they treat one character differently from all others), it hurts the sense of realism and can even cause resentment of the favored one.

And I didn’t think you came across as rabid – just someone with a different view and I enjoy seeing different perspectives because sometimes it helps me to see something I may have missed.

I think it's a dilemma Kaye Sullivan is going to face, which means they're either going to leave her perky and 2D forever, or she'll become the next divisive character on CSI NY.
I agree that the new character will have an uphill battle. Even if all the regulars remain, she will have to come into an existing situation and try to add something new while not detracting from the things that the audience likes and expects. I have to think (or at least hope) that TPIC have learned from what happened with Lindsay and will take a different approach this time. It’s ok for Kaye Sullivan to have flaws and not always be endearing, but they need to portray her in such a way that the audience can understand and accept whatever flaws she may have and eventually become invested in the character.

Hill is very, very gung-ho about the show and being on the show and developing Hawkes. I just don't see him being written out, or wanting to leave. It would suck royally if they fired him, and I just don't really see that happening.
I can’t see them firing HH (or AB either for that matter). I still think it’s possible one of them might go, but in either case, I think it would be more of a mutual parting – where the actor has other priorities and TPIC are willing to let him/her go because it helps with the budget issues and also allows them to bring in a new element.

But they guys add the end does say "If you're wondering who lives and who dies, you'll have to wait until the fall premiere to find out."
Hmm, more food for thought…Guess I’m still skeptical that someone else will actually die in the opener. That last description is a bit ambiguous to me – it doesn’t actually say someone dies – just that if you’re wondering who lives and dies, you’ll have to wait for the premiere…which suggests to me that someone or no one could die. Oh well….

Not sure if this is the right place for this, I just read this on MySpace (full credit to whoever runs CSI:NY fans page)

The following from CSI: NY made it on the ballot for the Emmy Awards. We'll have to wait until July 16 to see who or what will get a nomination.

Outstanding Drama Series

CSI: NY

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Gary Sinise
as Mac Taylor

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Melina Kanakaredes
as Detective Stella Bonasera

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

AJ Buckley
as Adam Ross

Carmine Giovinazzo
as Detective Danny Messer

Hill Harper
as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series

Edward Asner
as Abraham Klein
Yahrzeit

Charles S. Dutton
as Talmadge Neville
Greater Good

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series

Mare Winningham
as Katherine Donovan
Greater Good

Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series

Grounds For Deception

Yahrzeit

Greater Good

Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series

Yahrzeit

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series

Yahrzeit

The Box

All I can say is Outstanding Writing - Grounds for Deception - WTF??????? Who makes these decisions?

^How on earth did Eddie not make the Best Supporting Actor list? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

If anything has a shot, it's "Yahrzeit."

^How on earth did Eddie not make the Best Supporting Actor list? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Good point, I missed that. From what I read, he was on the submission list for doesn't seem to have made the ballot list - i've no idea how these things work so no idea who makes that call, but idiots!

Anna was also on the submission list but not the ballot list, I may not think much of Annas acting but I would rate it higher than Melinas writing.

^I can't believe Eddie didn't make the list for "Pay Up." But really, he's been delivering solid/great performances every week.

I'd rate Melina's writing a little higher than Anna's acting. :lol: I wasn't surprised to see Anna left off the list. I don't think she's ever actually been on the submission list for the Emmys for CSI: NY, has she?

^I can't believe Eddie didn't make the list for "Pay Up." But really, he's been delivering solid/great performances every week.

It must be an error, thats the only explanation. Eddie has been fantastic this season, and every other season I might add.

I'd rate Melina's writing a little higher than Anna's acting. :lol: I wasn't surprised to see Anna left off the list. I don't think she's ever actually been on the submission list for the Emmys for CSI: NY, has she?

Neither deserve any kind of award and neither belong on primetime TV! Anna was on the submission list this year, she made the grade portraying a pregnant woman.....oh hang on a minute....:lol:

^
in all fairness melina didnt have to try that hard to make her writing better than anna's acting did she:guffaw:

The lack of Eddie and the inclusion of "Grounds for Deception" in the writing category are what stood out to me as well - glad to see we're all on the same wavelength. :lol:

I really don't understand why Eddie wasn't put on the ballot. :wtf: I love AJ, Carmine and Hill, but Eddie is at least as good as all three of them (and arguably better than one or more of those guys, depending on who you ask).

"Grounds for Deception" should win the 2009 CSI:NY Fanfiction Award. Not sure about an Emmy, though.

"Yahrzeit" definitely deserves to get a nomination in at least one of those categories (Ed Asner was great). I wish "Greater Good" had been a better episode to showcase Mare Winningham and Charles S Dutton's acting skills.

They're probably pushing Carmine for "The Box." He was good in it, but he's given much better performances in more powerful episodes. Hill was awesome in "Help" as was AJ in "The Party's Over." But Eddie was amazing in "Pay Up," and is consistently excellent. I think it's wrong that he's not being submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back