CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: I just looked at the submissions and both Anna Belknap and Eddie have been submitted.

There seem to be two submission lists...the longer one that has everyone from the cast submitted and then the shorter one posted yesterday. Not sure which one is accurate.

Both Peter Lenkov and Carmine have gone on record saying Danny didn't cheat, that what happened with Rikki happened during a "cooled off" period in Danny and Lindsay's relationship. I've always read it that Lindsay thought they were more serious than Danny did. When Lindsay didn't reach out to him after Ruben's death, he turned away from her and figured they were done--kind of without telling her.
Okay, I can see it having played out like this. I do, however, think that Lindsay picked up on the fact that they were done at least halfway through RND.

I don't think Danny knew what he wanted at that point--I think he was just grieving. He didn't want Rikki to hate him for being responsible for her kid's death--so he slept with her. He didn't want Lindsay to hate him for pulling away/not being as into her as she was to him--so he slept with her (at the end of "Personal Foul," when TPTB have said their kid was conceived). Danny clearly uses sex as a band aid of sorts--I'm still not entirely sure who or what he wanted himself in season four, and I don't think he knew, either. He did want that baby in season five though, that's for sure.
See, I can see the whole Danny-being-a-mess-of-emotion thing too, and I agree about his wanting the baby in S5 (although S5 D/L....*shudder*). I just don't think it was a good enough reason to start up D/L again. I really don't think Lindsay would've hated him for not being as into her as she was into him. In RND, she made it sound like she realized falling in love was her mistake that she'd have to fix herself. In the episodes after that, she seemed to work fine with him as a regular coworker, even joking around, so long as he didn't touch on anything too personal. Then again, I don't think Rikki would've actually hated him for supposedly being responsible for Ruben's death. I can see how Danny's perception of things would make him feel like he had to fix things pronto, I don't exactly blame him...I guess I'm just frustrated he felt that way. I think if he'd backed up a little and let things go with Lindsay, they would've eventually been fine as friends.

Yeah, I agree a good part of it was self-preservation on Lindsay's part. I think Danny was trying to make it right because he thought he should and did want things to be okay with them again. I think it was partially punishment though--she had her say, why not let him say his piece? It seemed cruel to dump all of that on a grieving guy and then not let him say what he needed to say in return.
I guess I stopped seeing it as punishment when she picked up her phone at the end of Personal Foul - I think if she'd actually been trying to punish him, she probably wouldn't have answered. I can't see her blowing him off in Like Water for Murder as punishment. He wasn't asking to say his piece then, he was asking for an after-work date that I don't think Lindsay was under any obligation to agree to.

Really? I actually thought that was kind of cute--the way she bought him a drink and watched him with a big smile on her face when he watched Mac play...I was actually kind of rooting for her then.
It struck me the same as Stella-interactions because I've never gotten the sense that Lindsay's doesn't want to be friends with Stella, even if she doesn't know how to talk to her. In the same way, I fully believe Lindsay wanted Danny to notice and like her on that date, but she didn't know how to talk to him. After she got him the drink, they barely spoke until Danny turned around and recognized Mac onstage. And then the most animated conversation they ended up having (that we saw) was about their boss. That's why it seemed awkward for me. Cute, but definitely like Lindsay was on edge.

In RSRD, I thought she went out of her way for him by bringing the DNA to him rather than Mac first. That was the first time I realized that her feelings for him ran far, far deeper than a crush.
What struck me in RSRD was how Flack stayed with Danny in the hospital after Louie's attack, Mac was there for him when he finally broke down, even Stella asked how he was holding up after they took away his badge. Which I viewed differently from Lindsay's "Are you okay?" in the hospital, because there was no question of Stella only asking just because Danny happened to be in the near vicinity. Whereas other than that brief "Are you okay?" there was no instance of Lindsay giving Danny any sort of emotional support after the sh*t hit the fan. I thought it was strange, given that D/L had been set up all season and this would've been a perfect instance to show it again. But in light of Lindsay's giving Danny the DNA results (risking her job, yeah, I can see how that speaks to more than a crush), I figured they were making an important point about her character. That she had his back all the way, but that she was complete pants when it came to emotional, personal stuff.

I didn't really see her pushing him away in season two--I thought some of that was just her emerging abrasive personality. I remember in "Heroes" she was fishing for information about Danny and Aiden's relationship from Stella. She didn't start pushing him away until season three--after they'd already made plans to go out on a date.
Maybe "pushing away" isn't the right description, maybe it was more that abrasive brushing off when people start questioning too closely - that's what I continuously see Lindsay doing with the other characters, and that's what I saw her doing with Danny even in S2. I agree that she didn't actively start pushing him away until S3, but I think she ultimately did it for the same reason. Either the case in Montana was becoming too emotional for her, or she decided a relationship with Danny would be too emotional/personal for her - I don't know, but her behaviour just flat-out doesn't make sense unless it was for one of those two reasons. If she had real feelings for Danny (which we've established she did), why work so hard getting him to notice her, and then push him away when he finally did?

ETA:
ETA: I just looked at the submissions and both Anna Belknap and Eddie have been submitted.

Just...Lol :D

Last edited:
Okay, I can see it having played out like this. I do, however, think that Lindsay picked up on the fact that they were done at least halfway through RND.

Yeah, I think she definitely got the message, though I'm not totally sure Danny realized he was sending it.

See, I can see the whole Danny-being-a-mess-of-emotion thing too, and I agree about his wanting the baby in S5 (although S5 D/L....*shudder*). I just don't think it was a good enough reason to start up D/L again. I really don't think Lindsay would've hated him for not being as into her as she was into him. In RND, she made it sound like she realized falling in love was her mistake that she'd have to fix herself. In the episodes after that, she seemed to work fine with him as a regular coworker, even joking around, so long as he didn't touch on anything too personal. Then again, I don't think Rikki would've actually hated him for supposedly being responsible for Ruben's death. I can see how Danny's perception of things would make him feel like he had to fix things pronto, I don't exactly blame him...I guess I'm just frustrated he felt that way. I think if he'd backed up a little and let things go with Lindsay, they would've eventually been fine as friends.

I agree, and I wish the writers had let them go that way. I think they still could have after season four...it was kind of ambiguous. But then Anna got pregnant and the rest is history.

But going back to Danny...I think he's massively insecure and couldn't deal with her hating him. It wasn't so much wanting to get back together with her as it was wanting to get back into her good graces and wanting her to think well of him again. Even if they were getting along okay at work, he knew how upset she was in RND because she made sure to let him know. And Danny can't handle people thinking badly of him.

I guess I stopped seeing it as punishment when she picked up her phone at the end of Personal Foul - I think if she'd actually been trying to punish him, she probably wouldn't have answered.

Well, that's exactly when she decided to stop punishing him. ;)

I can't see her blowing him off in Like Water for Murder as punishment. He wasn't asking to say his piece then, he was asking for an after-work date that I don't think Lindsay was under any obligation to agree to.

I thought his comment was more casual, something along the lines of "We should rent that sometime" rather than an actual date. It was getting more personal, and I think he was testing the waters to see if they were okay. And obviously, they weren't. She blew him off in "Personal Foul" when he tried to talk to her outside the morgue and she didn't want to hear it.

It struck me the same as Stella-interactions because I've never gotten the sense that Lindsay's doesn't want to be friends with Stella, even if she doesn't know how to talk to her. In the same way, I fully believe Lindsay wanted Danny to notice and like her on that date, but she didn't know how to talk to him. After she got him the drink, they barely spoke until Danny turned around and recognized Mac onstage. And then the most animated conversation they ended up having (that we saw) was about their boss. That's why it seemed awkward for me. Cute, but definitely like Lindsay was on edge.

I just took that as her being nervous about being out on a date with a guy she liked. I noticed her watching him when he was watching Mac on stage, a sure sign of liking someone if there ever was one. I think it was just awkward because they didn't know each other all that well.

What struck me in RSRD was how Flack stayed with Danny in the hospital after Louie's attack, Mac was there for him when he finally broke down, even Stella asked how he was holding up after they took away his badge. Which I viewed differently from Lindsay's "Are you okay?" in the hospital, because there was no question of Stella only asking just because Danny happened to be in the near vicinity. Whereas other than that brief "Are you okay?" there was no instance of Lindsay giving Danny any sort of emotional support after the sh*t hit the fan. I thought it was strange, given that D/L had been set up all season and this would've been a perfect instance to show it again. But in light of Lindsay's giving Danny the DNA results (risking her job, yeah, I can see how that speaks to more than a crush), I figured they were making an important point about her character. That she had his back all the way, but that she was complete pants when it came to emotional, personal stuff.

You know, that's a good point and I never looked at it that way. I remember Lindsay looking into his eyes when his badge got taken away, but I never thought that she might have actually avoided being there for him emotionally in RSRD. I just figured that Flack and Mac took precedence. Flack wouldn't have left Danny's side for the world, and Mac is a kind of father-figure to Danny. Lindsay didn't have that deep connection with him yet that the other two had.

Maybe "pushing away" isn't the right description, maybe it was more that abrasive brushing off when people start questioning too closely - that's what I continuously see Lindsay doing with the other characters, and that's what I saw her doing with Danny even in S2. I agree that she didn't actively start pushing him away until S3, but I think she ultimately did it for the same reason. Either the case in Montana was becoming too emotional for her, or she decided a relationship with Danny would be too emotional/personal for her - I don't know, but her behaviour just flat-out doesn't make sense unless it was for one of those two reasons. If she had real feelings for Danny (which we've established she did), why work so hard getting him to notice her, and then push him away when he finally did?

Yeah, that's a decent explanation for something that's always kind of puzzled/bothered me about her. That playing with Danny she did in season three always rubbed me the wrong way, but that's definitely something to think about.

Anna's perfomance was better in S5 unlike the mess with her reaction towards Rikki storyline in S4. She was quite convincing in 5.09

And i did like Eddie in 5.07 even much more than in Pay up (even tough i cried with him ;)

And Barbara Walters did like GFD, (at least that scene with Mac and Stella's catfight) so that comment coming from a not usual watcher was something positive even when at the end i think Yarzheit has more chances because many people can understand that story without being an usual watcher too

Yeah, but all these CSI:NY people being nominated for the Emmys...I know CSI has won a few Emmys (At least, Catherine's actress has), and I think CSI:Miami won one, but has CSI:NY ever even made the roster for the Emmys before? Was Season 5 that much better than the others? (I still think Season 4 should've been an Emmy-winning season.)

But going back to Danny...I think he's massively insecure and couldn't deal with her hating him. It wasn't so much wanting to get back together with her as it was wanting to get back into her good graces and wanting her to think well of him again. Even if they were getting along okay at work, he knew how upset she was in RND because she made sure to let him know. And Danny can't handle people thinking badly of him.
Yes, but I can't think that Danny's level of insecurity should reflect back in a negative way on Lindsay, when he's done something to upset her and she's unable to completely pretend she's not upset. I do know how important people's opinions of him are to Danny. But if you're acting in a way that's going to hurt someone, it can't be that big a surprise when, you know, they get hurt, and then upset because they're hurt.

On Danny's side, while I also don't think Danny meant to send out a clear signal that it was over in RND, I do think on some level he knew his actions would hurt her. I mean, if they were in a relationship, it's just common sense to know that avoiding the other person in the relationship (which he was doing up to RND) is going to hurt. When Rikki was with him and Lindsay called, why else lie? I feel bad because he was just grieving, and I guess I can see that he didn't expect falling out of Lindsay's good graces would hurt as much as it apparently did. But his solution, essentially to make things right by getting her back, cut into Lindsay's (imo) more productive solution. Which wouldn't irritate me so much except that Lindsay comes out in a negative light just for having her own way of dealing with their fallout. In addition to already being in a bad light, because her being "bad at this sort of thing" is what started the whole mess in the first place.

On Lindsay's side, she probably brought it on herself, since she should've supported him first. But she got her comeuppance for that. He turned to others and she got burned. Her solution? To deal with it best she could, by her own words, and get over him. She may not have much right to complain, I'd probably have less sympathy for her if she had, but to be completely un-upset seems a little much to ask of anyone. I guess I can see a little bit of childish punishment in the way she blew him off in Personal Foul (though to be fair, they were at work - ugh, then again they were at work in RND :wtf:), but I'm still mostly seeing self-preservation.

Last edited:
Yeah, but all these CSI:NY people being nominated for the Emmys...I know CSI has won a few Emmys (At least, Catherine's actress has), and I think CSI:Miami won one, but has CSI:NY ever even made the roster for the Emmys before? Was Season 5 that much better than the others? (I still think Season 4 should've been an Emmy-winning season.)

They're being submitted for consideration, not nominated. I kind of doubt anyone will actually get nominated because of the way the Emmys work. They tend to go with flashier dramas over crime procedurals, though CSI may have garnered some attention back when it first started. The CSI shows have one technical awards in the past I think, or at least been nominated.

Yes, but I can't think that Danny's level of insecurity should reflect back in a negative way on Lindsay, when he's done something to upset her and she's unable to completely pretend she's not upset.

It reflects negatively on her because she played on his insecurities. She knew how to hit him where it hurt, and she did. Maybe that would have been understandable save for the fact that he was obviously grieving deeply over Ruben's death. So it seemed pretty calculated. She could have, as Mac suggested, told him she wasn't good at this sort of thing, but she did want to be there for him. But she didn't--she went on the offensive and played on the guy's insecurity.

I do know how important people's opinions of him are to Danny. But if you're acting in a way that's going to hurt someone, it can't be that big a surprise when, you know, they get hurt, and then upset because they're hurt.

On Danny's side, while I also don't think Danny meant to send out a clear signal that it was over in RND, I do think on some level he knew his actions would hurt her. I mean, if they were in a relationship, it's just common sense to know that avoiding the other person in the relationship (which he was doing up to RND) is going to hurt.

Probably, but this is where their perceptions come into play. I don't think he felt they were in a relationship at that point. In his mind, it seems, things had tapered off. I think that was probably in direct response to her not reaching out to him--when she didn't, he pulled back. So it was probably a defensive action on his part, too.

When Rikki was with him and Lindsay called, why else lie?

Maybe to spare her feelings, maybe because what he was going through was about him and not her...and she'd made it clear to him that she didn't want to deal with him emotionally.

I feel bad because he was just grieving, and I guess I can see that he didn't expect falling out of Lindsay's good graces would hurt as much as it apparently did.

I think at that point anyone being harsh to him would have hurt a good deal. He was already pretty down.

But his solution, essentially to make things right by getting her back, cut into Lindsay's (imo) more productive solution. Which wouldn't irritate me so much except that Lindsay comes out in a negative light just for having her own way of dealing with their fallout.

If she had made an effort to reach out to him and he'd pushed her away, she wouldn't have come off in a negative light. If she'd found out about Rikki and told him she was done with him romantically, she wouldn't have come off in a negative light. It's the fact that she laid in to him for shutting her out when she hadn't made any effort to be there for him that paints her in a negative light.

On Lindsay's side, she probably brought it on herself, since she should've supported him first. But she got her comeuppance for that. He turned to others and she got burned.

Yeah, and she definitely deserved that. It would be nice if we had seen that she realized her part in it, rather than putting it on him.

Her solution? To deal with it best she could, by her own words, and get over him.

Yeah, and for her to just do that or say that to someone else would have been fine. But she said it to Danny. It was meant to hurt him. And it did.

She may not have much right to complain, I'd probably have less sympathy for her if she had, but to be completely un-upset seems a little much to ask of anyone. I guess I can see a little bit of childish punishment in the way she blew him off in Personal Foul (though to be fair, they were at work - ugh, then again they were at work in RND :wtf:), but I'm still mostly seeing self-preservation.

I'm seeing a combo of both (which is more than I saw earlier ;) ). I think she wanted to get some digs in, too, and hurt him the way she perceived he hurt her. And Lindsay is more than fine being unprofessional/getting personal at work...so I think it was just that she didn't care to hear him out in "Personal Foul" at the morgue rather than any desire to be professional.

It reflects negatively on her because she played on his insecurities. She knew how to hit him where it hurt, and she did. Maybe that would have been understandable save for the fact that he was obviously grieving deeply over Ruben's death. So it seemed pretty calculated.

I don't think it counts as playing on his insecurities if the same guy who literally can't take anyone speaking harshly to him, negates her frustrations to those of a "clingy" girlfriend just two seconds earlier. I'll agree she went on the offensive, and yeah it probably wasn't the best time to blow up, but I don't think it was calculated. I think he set her off with that remark about her birthday and lunch the day before. Which basically proves my point. Danny's super-sensitivity is annoying and unreasonable in situations like this because he can more than dish it out, and often does without really thinking about it.

She could have, as Mac suggested, told him she wasn't good at this sort of thing, but she did want to be there for him. But she didn't--she went on the offensive and played on the guy's insecurity.

She did. While she was on the offensive, yeah, but there was a moment she waited for him to speak, right after she accused him of having clearly decided to grieve all on his own. He didn't say anything, and that's why she dropped the love bomb and left.

Maybe to spare her feelings, maybe because what he was going through was about him and not her...and she'd made it clear to him that she didn't want to deal with him emotionally.

Well, if he thought there was a reason to spare her feelings, that would probably mean he was doing something that he thought would hurt her if she found out. Although yeah, if they weren't in a relationship, it wouldn't matter.

I think at that point anyone being harsh to him would have hurt a good deal. He was already pretty down.

True...

If she had made an effort to reach out to him and he'd pushed her away, she wouldn't have come off in a negative light. If she'd found out about Rikki and told him she was done with him romantically, she wouldn't have come off in a negative light. It's the fact that she laid in to him for shutting her out when she hadn't made any effort to be there for him that paints her in a negative light.

That's not really the solution I was referring to. I think the fact that she had to lay into him period was her comeuppance. If she felt she had to get over him after that fallout, I think that was a) her prerogative, and b) a much healthier solution than Danny's chasing her for four episodes just because she might be thinking badly about him. I can see how Lindsay's blow-up might paint her in a deservedly bad light, but not her avoidance of Danny.

Yeah, and she definitely deserved that. It would be nice if we had seen that she realized her part in it, rather than putting it on him.

Didn't she say she was mad at herself?

I don't think it counts as playing on his insecurities if the same guy who literally can't take anyone speaking harshly to him, negates her frustrations to those of a "clingy" girlfriend just two seconds earlier. I'll agree she went on the offensive, and yeah it probably wasn't the best time to blow up, but I don't think it was calculated. I think he set her off with that remark about her birthday and lunch the day before. Which basically proves my point. Danny's super-sensitivity is annoying and unreasonable in situations like this because he can more than dish it out, and often does without really thinking about it.

Yeah, Danny definitely doesn't think about what he says sometimes, though there was some cruelty in his voice when he addressed her. I took at as him being sick of her attitude and lashing out at her a bit. She did shove a case file into his hands right in front of Hawkes and he probably saw his suggestion of coffee as making up for not going to lunch with her. Or an attempt to do so at least.

She did. While she was on the offensive, yeah, but there was a moment she waited for him to speak, right after she accused him of having clearly decided to grieve all on his own. He didn't say anything, and that's why she dropped the love bomb and left.

Yeah, the guy was probably in shock. That was the only chance he had to talk, after he'd been accused of grieving on his own.

Well, if he thought there was a reason to spare her feelings, that would probably mean he was doing something that he thought would hurt her if she found out. Although yeah, if they weren't in a relationship, it wouldn't matter.

Regardless of whether they were in a relationship or not, I think Danny knew full well that Lindsay would be upset if she found out he slept with Rikki. He was pulling away, but without really talking to her about it, it seems.

That's not really the solution I was referring to. I think the fact that she had to lay into him period was her comeuppance. If she felt she had to get over him after that fallout, I think that was a) her prerogative, and b) a much healthier solution than Danny's chasing her for four episodes just because she might be thinking badly about him. I can see how Lindsay's blow-up might paint her in a deservedly bad light, but not her avoidance of Danny.

It's more that she just laid into him and didn't give him a chance to say anything for himself. I guess she paused after the grieving on his own accusation, but like most people, he probably needed time to think about what she said and respond to it. She didn't let him have that. It's one thing not to want to rent movies with the guy--that I get (leaving the evidence out and trying to blame it on him wasn't great, though she did back off from that, thankfully) but to not even hear his side of things after she's been able to say hers isn't really fair.

Didn't she say she was mad at herself?

Yeah, she did, but I always took that as another barb meant to hurt him. There's a self-pitying aspect to her Mea Culpas...I felt the same way when she told Mac she was "stupid" for getting involved with someone she works with.

Yeah, Danny definitely doesn't think about what he says sometimes, though there was some cruelty in his voice when he addressed her. I took at as him being sick of her attitude and lashing out at her a bit. She did shove a case file into his hands right in front of Hawkes and he probably saw his suggestion of coffee as making up for not going to lunch with her. Or an attempt to do so at least.

I took it the same way. That exchange was basically the full-load of pent-up hostilities that was building since Child's Play. What with Danny avoiding her and Lindsay not really telling him what was bothering her, I think that was probably the first time either of them even touched on each other's attitudes.

Yeah, the guy was probably in shock. That was the only chance he had to talk, after he'd been accused of grieving on his own.

Maybe, but I'm not sure. The fact that he pointedly avoided looking at her during that pause made me think he knew exactly where she was coming from when she said that about his grieving.

Regardless of whether they were in a relationship or not, I think Danny knew full well that Lindsay would be upset if she found out he slept with Rikki. He was pulling away, but without really talking to her about it, it seems.

Also true. And they definitely indicated in the S4 DVD set (during the interviews anyway) that it did hurt Lindsay when Danny pulled away without talking about it.

It's one thing not to want to rent movies with the guy--that I get (leaving the evidence out and trying to blame it on him wasn't great, though she did back off from that, thankfully) but to not even hear his side of things after she's been able to say hers isn't really fair.

Yeah, that's where I can see childishness in her avoidance too. Although I do think her picking up the phone in Personal Foul indicates less that she was punishing him for x amount of time, and more that she had to build herself up to be able to talk to him. Like she was using that time to build up a defense mechanism of sorts. (No matter what the circumstances, I still think you kind of need a defense mechanism after saying I love you to a guy who's basically your ex.)

Yeah, she did, but I always took that as another barb meant to hurt him. There's a self-pitying aspect to her Mea Culpas...I felt the same way when she told Mac she was "stupid" for getting involved with someone she works with.

Maybe it was meant to be. But when we're shown so comparatively little about their offscreen dilemmas, I do think what they say when they're onscreen has to count for something more than cheap shots that tell us nothing about their feelings. It's only fair (I mean, for us viewers). Additionally, I think if Lindsay wasn't mad at herself and just said that to hurt him, it probably would've hurt him more had she just outright said "I'm mad at you."

On a slightly unrelated note, I feel very guilty ... like I've hijacked this thread or something :shifty:

I took it the same way. That exchange was basically the full-load of pent-up hostilities that was building since Child's Play. What with Danny avoiding her and Lindsay not really telling him what was bothering her, I think that was probably the first time either of them even touched on each other's attitudes.

Yeah, true. And maybe he was frustrated that she never reached out to him. Whatever tension between them had definitely been building for a while.

Maybe, but I'm not sure. The fact that he pointedly avoided looking at her during that pause made me think he knew exactly where she was coming from when she said that about his grieving.

Sure, he knew he hadn't gone to her, and had probably purposefully avoided going to her. But she didn't exactly invite him to come to her, either. Danny does tend to internalize things, though, so I'm sure he did feel guilty.

Also true. And they definitely indicated in the S4 DVD set (during the interviews anyway) that it did hurt Lindsay when Danny pulled away without talking about it.

I need to watch those season 4 extras! But yeah, it makes sense that she was hurt by that, even if she maybe could have headed it off by trying to reach out to him.

Yeah, that's where I can see childishness in her avoidance too. Although I do think her picking up the phone in Personal Foul indicates less that she was punishing him for x amount of time, and more that she had to build herself up to be able to talk to him. Like she was using that time to build up a defense mechanism of sorts. (No matter what the circumstances, I still think you kind of need a defense mechanism after saying I love you to a guy who's basically your ex.)

Yeah, that's a good point. Maybe not entirely fair to him, but understandable from that angle.

Maybe it was meant to be. But when we're shown so comparatively little about their offscreen dilemmas, I do think what they say when they're onscreen has to count for something more than cheap shots that tell us nothing about their feelings. It's only fair (I mean, for us viewers). Additionally, I think if Lindsay wasn't mad at herself and just said that to hurt him, it probably would've hurt him more had she just outright said "I'm mad at you."

I still think that was a barb, like "I'm mad at myself for letting myself fall for you." Like Danny was obviously bad news or something. I'm mad at you just puts him on the defensive; I'm mad at myself makes him feel like shit.

On a slightly unrelated note, I feel very guilty ... like I've hijacked this thread or something :shifty:

LOL, well, it takes two to tango, and I've enjoyed the debate! Right now there aren't a lot of spoilers coming out...otherwise we'd probably shift this discussion and even the Emmy talk to other threads. But during the slow summer months, any discussion is a good thing. :)

Last edited:
I need to watch those season 4 extras! But yeah, it makes sense that she was hurt by that, even if she maybe could have headed it off by trying to reach out to him.

LOL, you really should watch them - first time I did, I kept rewinding the parts with Carmine because he looked sooo different than Danny and I was in love with his thick glasses. :lol: I couldn't get over it. But yeah, Lindsay could've stopped the whole thing had she reached out to him. I do think she honestly thought she was helping by "giving him his space" (something she said in Personal Foul), but...

I still think that was a barb, like "I'm mad at myself for letting myself fall for you." Like Danny was obviously bad news or something. I'm mad at you just puts him on the defensive; I'm mad at myself makes him feel like shit.

I can see this, though it still seems kind of counterproductive (on the off chance that it makes Danny feel like shit, it also makes her look more than a little pathetic in his eyes). Self-pity shouldn't extend to sacrificing her own image in both her (former) relationship and in the lab with her boss, if her comment to Mac was also nothing more than self-pity.

LOL, well, it takes two to tango, and I've enjoyed the debate! Right now there aren't a lot of spoilers coming out...otherwise we'd probably shift this discussion and even the Emmy talk to other threads. But during the slow summer months, any discussion is a good thing. :)

Whew, okay great! Sorry, I am having way too good a time..:cool:

Yeah, "Pay Up" was totally eligible, though it's likely it hadn't been through the final editing process yet. They did at that point think it was going to air a week later. So maybe that has something to do with it? Either way, Eddie was great in that episode, and really deserved to be submitted.

I dont really like Cahill's acting ability, though i like his scenes with Danny, but when i saw his performance on Pay Up i was like "wow, an Emmy winning performance" he was really great. (read: I like him now :) )Too bad he's not even in the nominating ballot.

There seem to be two submission lists...the longer one that has everyone from the cast submitted and then the shorter one posted yesterday. Not sure which one is accurate.

I checked Emmy's website but i didnt get to see Eddie and Ana's name.

Nominating Ballots - Performers

^So it would seem Eddie did not get submitted. That sucks. :(

LOL, you really should watch them - first time I did, I kept rewinding the parts with Carmine because he looked sooo different than Danny and I was in love with his thick glasses. :lol: I couldn't get over it.

I do! I love DVD extras, but then I never get around to watching them 99% of the time. I definitely need to check out the NY s. 4 ones. I've seen a smattering from the previous seasons.

But yeah, Lindsay could've stopped the whole thing had she reached out to him. I do think she honestly thought she was helping by "giving him his space" (something she said in Personal Foul), but...

Yeah, I can see that. It's how Lindsay would have liked people to handle the situation had it been her who felt responsible for the kid's death. But it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of Danny, because Danny is someone who very much wants and needs to be reached out, too. Lindsay might be strong enough to handle her stuff on her own--or might think she is--but Danny definitely isn't. Sending Flack, who definitely knows what Danny needs and is assertive about it, after Danny in "All in the Family" was the nicest thing Lindsay did for Danny during his grieving process.

I can see this, though it still seems kind of counterproductive (on the off chance that it makes Danny feel like shit, it also makes her look more than a little pathetic in his eyes).

Yeah, but Danny's low self-esteem isn't exactly a secret. I think she knew that would hurt him. I have no doubt that she was pissed at herself, but she was pissed at him, too, and wanted to get a dig in. And it worked--Danny totally hung his head after she left.

Self-pity shouldn't extend to sacrificing her own image in both her (former) relationship and in the lab with her boss, if her comment to Mac was also nothing more than self-pity.

Agreed...and I wish Mac had told her that rather than coddling her.

Whew, okay great! Sorry, I am having way too good a time..:cool:

Me, too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back